• 44 helpful votes
Private message

Absolutely great people and houses

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2012

+ Nothing but praise for the people and the product.

44 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 57 helpful votes

Oakford Homes are the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2012

A 73 year old lady building a large home on her own? Yes, most people, having heard stories from others, wondered if I could cope with the stress. I began with another building firm and with the continuous increase in prices, being given unreliable information and being treated rudely when I asked questions, I decided to change to Oakfords. The money I lost was worth it. Oakford's staff are friendly, helpful in decision making, they treated me with respect, they took a personal interest in me and knew who I was and where I was building whe never I called at their office or phoned in. From the time I signed the contract (which was explained in detail to me) to the completion of my home 7 months later, the process was completely stress free. I did not have to pay for many 'upgrades' because their selectons are of high quality standard. I am delighted with my home and my children and grandchildren are enjoying 'their inheritance'.
Oakford Homes is recommended by Heather of Strathalbyn

+ the closed contract so I knew in advance how to budget. The finished home was exactly what I wanted.

57 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 61 helpful votes
Private message

A place to call your home , very welcoming

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2012

We first were referred to oakford homes in 2003 after having majour problems with our previous home built with another builder. After speaking with the staff at oakford and being very happy with everything we then continued to build our first home with them. We could not fault any of the staff and there politeness and being more than eager to help , every thing ran smoothly from time of signing contract to completion of our home,we were thrilled with the finished product, any minor things were fixed without any problems at all, They have now on ly 7 weeks ago completed our 4th home with them, and well i feel i need to say no more as this should speak for it self. 2 of the blocks these houses have been built on had to be cut and filled and yet have had no problems with cracking . I would recommend anybody looking to build a home with a project builder, you could not go past oakford homes. I recommend them 100% . fantastic supervisors and a construction manager that was great to deal with. In just finishing this review i would say a well built and good quality homes and wouldn't hesitate to build with them again.

+ Polite staff, well organised and got the job done, very good contractors

- Only minor things, to be expected as people are only human

61 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 58 helpful votes

I'd Do It Again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2012

I was recommended Oakford Homes by someone who had built twice previously with them and was very happy, good quality, ongoing support and built ontime were his comments. The sales person at the show homes whom we first spoke to was extremely helpful without being pushy, and put up with me changing my mind 10 times. The selections process was streamline and simple with quality products. The build was stress free, good tradies, there when they said they would be, good quality workmanship and they finished before the due date which saved me some interest payments.No hidden extras and great after sales service with any issues. Happy Me !!

58 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 56 helpful votes

All Good!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2012

Great from the start if you are building a split level especially-you need to go and talk to them. Have not finished yet but so far its moving fast and looking good. Were mislead and wasted a lot of money with one of the volume builders who had very poor customer service and charged us for things that Oakford did free of charge. Very reputable company and prior to the previous comment have only heard good things. Their standard range that they use is awesome also.

+ Run on schedule, have a great standard range, good customer service, no pushy sales people and they are knowledgable.

56 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Victor Harbor

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent builder, couldnt have asked for more!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2012

We signed up for our Oakford home in March this year and moved into the great final finished product in Sept, the process from start to finish was excellent, our home consultant Ron from the Encounter bay show homes was very good, he was so easy to communicate with from the start and did everything we asked. He knew exactly what variations would be what without having to keep going away and getting back to us and he made the process of signing up very easy.
Once the building started all the contractors and the site supervisor Neil were great.
Neil rang most weeks and kept us in the loop of what was happening and he even invited us up to the house a couple of times and walked through and explained things. The contractors were always friendly and the office staff answered any queries on the same day.
The final product is amazing and everything we asked for, we have built three homes and we will always build with Oakford as they go over and above anything any other builder has ever done for us and still remain very competitive on price. I have recommended friends which have also built with them and couldn’t be happier.

+ simple communication, good contractors, the whole ease of the build was great

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Oakford Homes when experience, quality, professionalism & budget counts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2012

Over the past 12 months our building project has involved a Torrens Title hammer-head land division and the subsequent construction of an Oakford designed home for our daughter. Prior to building, approval for the land division initially involved design, planning, drawing and construction input by Oakford's very capable design person Gloria. This input also involved close liaison with our local council and surveyors and greatly helped ensure that both the land division and building construction approvals would be granted.

When selecting a su
itable home design and building company, we spent considerable time at display villages. It was not until we went to an Oakford display home and met the sales representative, that we felt a sincere interest in assisting us in our endeavour. We found him to be a very knowledgable, helpful and obliging representative, who's longstanding practical trade and sales experience enabled him to offer us invaluable advice. He was able to establish a realistic base contract price in keeping with our daughter's projected budget and expectations. Final construction came in below budget and without any unforseen costly "extras".

After initial land division approval, [name removed] from Oakford Homes assisted our daughter with the selection of building construction materials, fixtures, fittings and finishes. We found all of the nominated suppliers and their products to be of a very high standard. The professional advice and assistance provided by companies such as Beaumont Tiles and Aldon cabinet makers enabled the associated selection processes to be carried out easily and within budget. Additionally, the selection of bricks, roofing, fixtures, electrical points, window frames, plumbing and hardware accessories and paint finishes etc, were handled in-house with Oakford's representative Juliette. With her very professional, capable and helpful assistance this complex and daunting selection process proceeded easily and without stress.

After a four month delay waiting for Land Division Titles, construction commenced in August 2012. Oakford's appointed construction supervisor co-ordinated and supervised the material supply and construction phases through-out the next 4 months, until hand-over in November. The house was completed well within the projected time-frame, and to a very high professional standard. He liaised regularly through-out the construction of the house and his exceptional organisational skills and personal commitment, ensured the project continued smoothly and with-out delay, often through-out testing winter conditions.

Living adjacent to the construction site we were able to talk to and observe all of the trades people, on a daily basis. The tradesmen employed by Oakfords displayed a high level of skill and competence in their respective trades and the quality and finish of their work was first-class.

Finally, the entire building project was not only within the contract budget price, and completed within the projected time-frame, but was built to a high professional standard. Therefore we are very happy that we selected Oakford Homes to construct our daughter's house, and from our personal experience would not hesitate to recommend them to others, intending to build.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Update to Not Happy Mr Oakford!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2013

My previous post "Not happy Mr Oakford...... all is forgiven!
Father Christmas came early this year!
A bricklayer arrived this morning and repaired the area of concern and it's looking great!
Any concerns I had have been addressed and I'm totally satisfied.
Thankyou Oakford Homes
I'm very grateful to Oakford homes and especially to General Manager - a real gentleman!

Previous Review:
I'd like to express my total disappointment with Oakford Homes.
I love my Oakford Home or did, before it started cracking up. It has serious structu
ral cracking to external bricks as well broken bathroom and kitchen tiles - all across the 'cut and fill' line.
Their 25 year Structural Warranty led me to believe the damage would be fixed/repaired but after four and a half years of investigative work to find a 'cause' which was inconclusive - I have been told by their representitive 'they will 'go no further'.
So much for your '25 Year Structural Warranty' Mr.Oakford!

+ Bricklayer made great repairs. All concerns addressed!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes