Encounter Bay

• 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2014

We are building with Oakford at the moment, and are extremely pleased with the progress. Tradies are there every day doing something new. The advice and help we have had from [name removed] has been immeasurable. The service from the administration staff has been wonderful. Nothing has been too much bother. [name removed], the project manager, is always on the ball to discuss any changes etc. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the building and the happy, friendly service along the way. Thank you.

+ Service, quality, efficiency.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Outstanding - 5 stars if that is the most I can give!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2014

+ Helpful, professional and respectful staff and tradies

Our dream home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2014

Thank you to Ron(Housing Consultant), Juliette(Project Co-ordinator), Sue (Client Laison) and all of the Oakford staff and contractors for a well built, beautiful, comfortable home. The help we had from Ron and Juliette was immeasurable before we built and the workmanship in building and fitting out is well above anything we have seen by other builders.

• 3 helpful votes

100/100 Very Happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 31, 2013

We are very pleased with all aspects of our build and the service we received.

We have found all Oakford staff to be extremely cooperative and selection staff very helpful. The whole experience of building with Oakford has been a pleasure and we would have no hesitation in recommending Oakford Homes to anyone considering building a new home.

My wife and I are both over 81 years old and friends question why we are building at our age. We say what's age got to do with it when you have a good builder!

+ Excellent staff, fantastic service!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Littlehampton S.A.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Super finish at a budget price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2013

When we designed our new homes, we didn't expect to find it so hard to find a budget builder who would build a house with a 45 degree roof pitch. Oakford were happy to take it on and at the right price too. The people in the office were so professional and couldn't be more helpful and the tradesmen who worked on the build were excellent. The homes have caused quite a stir in the village- everyone comments on how good they look. Set in the heritage precinct, they fit in with the surroundings very well.

+ A most enjoyable experience. All the tradesmen were very friendly and obviously highly skilled.

• 2 helpful votes

An excellent experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2013

This is the second Oakford Homes house I've built. Going back a second time on a purchase as big as your home says a lot. Even though this is a project home, the standard goes way beyond many others out there.

The staff I had dealings with couldn't have been more helpful. the Site Supervisor certainly knows what he's talking about. He listened to me when I had concerns and we worked together to make the project come together.

I have built quite a few times over the years and I have to say Oakford Homes helps to make an exciting thing run smoothly.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

A fantastic experience from start to finish.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2013

At 70 building our first home was a daunting prospect for us. We looked at what seemed like 100 homes before finding what we wanted. Oakford were happy to make some changes to the plan to make the home exactly what we needed. We are delighted that we built with Oakford, the quality of the home is fantastic and we’re proud to show it to our family and friends.

The building process was seamless from start to finish and at every step we received great customer service. Oakford Homes staff were knowledgeable and nothing seemed to be too much t
rouble. Our site supervisor was marvelous and very quick to respond to queries. He had high standards for the finished product and suggested minor changes for a better end product. There were two very minor problems on handover (a missing oven manual and a kitchen cabinet door which squeaked) these were promptly fixed.

The welcome basket was a lovely surprise and a thoughtful touch.

Overall it was a smooth and stress free exercise. We have no problem recommending Oakford Homes.

+ The range of selections available as standard inclusions surpasses what many other builders offer. I feel like we got excellent value for money.

MELBOURNE

• 16 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2013

I am a 65 year old first home buyer who lost $3000 with another builder because they wanted an extra $11330 for the footings. I lost trust in the builing industry. I had a recomendaton from a friend who did not have a problem with variation with Oakford. All I had to do was to give them a soil report and they gave me a fixed price in 3 days.

The house took 10 weeks to get approved

The house took 14 weeks to complete and I was in by christmas as promised, without extra cost.

[name removed] Oakfords saleman was a professional person to
deal with he had a lot of helpful ideas I could have at little cost.

[names removed],were good to deal with

[name removed] our supervisor allways returned calls and fixed up small concerns along the way the 3 month warranty has passed, 2 tiles needed replacing we have spares left if required. touch up paint was also left, for all different colours.

I would build with Oakford again.

+ Quality control, customer service,that says it all

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments
  • 23 helpful votes
Private message

Update to Not Happy Mr Oakford!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2013

My previous post "Not happy Mr Oakford...... all is forgiven!
Father Christmas came early this year!
A bricklayer arrived this morning and repaired the area of concern and it's looking great!
Any concerns I had have been addressed and I'm totally satisfied.
Thankyou Oakford Homes
I'm very grateful to Oakford homes and especially to General Manager - a real gentleman!

Previous Review:
I'd like to express my total disappointment with Oakford Homes.
I love my Oakford Home or did, before it started cracking up. It has serious structu
ral cracking to external bricks as well broken bathroom and kitchen tiles - all across the 'cut and fill' line.
Their 25 year Structural Warranty led me to believe the damage would be fixed/repaired but after four and a half years of investigative work to find a 'cause' which was inconclusive - I have been told by their representitive 'they will 'go no further'.
So much for your '25 Year Structural Warranty' Mr.Oakford!

+ Bricklayer made great repairs. All concerns addressed!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Oakford Homes when experience, quality, professionalism & budget counts.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2012

Over the past 12 months our building project has involved a Torrens Title hammer-head land division and the subsequent construction of an Oakford designed home for our daughter. Prior to building, approval for the land division initially involved design, planning, drawing and construction input by Oakford's very capable design person Gloria. This input also involved close liaison with our local council and surveyors and greatly helped ensure that both the land division and building construction approvals would be granted.

When selecting a su
itable home design and building company, we spent considerable time at display villages. It was not until we went to an Oakford display home and met the sales representative, that we felt a sincere interest in assisting us in our endeavour. We found him to be a very knowledgable, helpful and obliging representative, who's longstanding practical trade and sales experience enabled him to offer us invaluable advice. He was able to establish a realistic base contract price in keeping with our daughter's projected budget and expectations. Final construction came in below budget and without any unforseen costly "extras".

After initial land division approval, [name removed] from Oakford Homes assisted our daughter with the selection of building construction materials, fixtures, fittings and finishes. We found all of the nominated suppliers and their products to be of a very high standard. The professional advice and assistance provided by companies such as Beaumont Tiles and Aldon cabinet makers enabled the associated selection processes to be carried out easily and within budget. Additionally, the selection of bricks, roofing, fixtures, electrical points, window frames, plumbing and hardware accessories and paint finishes etc, were handled in-house with Oakford's representative Juliette. With her very professional, capable and helpful assistance this complex and daunting selection process proceeded easily and without stress.

After a four month delay waiting for Land Division Titles, construction commenced in August 2012. Oakford's appointed construction supervisor co-ordinated and supervised the material supply and construction phases through-out the next 4 months, until hand-over in November. The house was completed well within the projected time-frame, and to a very high professional standard. He liaised regularly through-out the construction of the house and his exceptional organisational skills and personal commitment, ensured the project continued smoothly and with-out delay, often through-out testing winter conditions.

Living adjacent to the construction site we were able to talk to and observe all of the trades people, on a daily basis. The tradesmen employed by Oakfords displayed a high level of skill and competence in their respective trades and the quality and finish of their work was first-class.

Finally, the entire building project was not only within the contract budget price, and completed within the projected time-frame, but was built to a high professional standard. Therefore we are very happy that we selected Oakford Homes to construct our daughter's house, and from our personal experience would not hesitate to recommend them to others, intending to build.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes