Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Hassle free claim on lost apple watch

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I made a claim online which was too easy after that I was really well looked after and claim was hassle free and completed by the time we arrived home.
thnaks so much for the great service.

Very Affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

I decided to go against using my regular Travel Insurance company and try someone else as I was finding the expense of my usual cover too much for what I was needing. I came across Online Travel Insurance and found them to be very affordable and had EXACTLY what I needed. I did call customer service and was treated with great respect and not just a number. I wanted to make sure I was getting exactly what was online and not pay for something that was not included. Very professional lady dealt with me and had no problems clarifying anything I asked.

Good cover, thankfully never had to claim!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

The policy was quick to set up with easy instructions. The policy was great value with all inclusions that we needed. Fortunately no need to claim on our latest holiday.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Louise, thanks for the review, hope you had a great trip! Cheers, Anthony.

Verified Purchase

Great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Simple, cheap and efficient. Everything you want in an insurance product. Found through iSelect and completed online. The company also sent us pre travel advise which was extremely useful. Thank you.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tara - thanks for your review and that you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

easy to set up

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

The policy was easy to set up online before we went away. As we didnt have a need to use it, thankfully, i dont know how easy or effective it would have been.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rebecca, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Fast and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Great value and liability coverage. Easy and fast payment transaction. Very satisfied and will consider again for my next domestic and over seas travel destinations. Will also recommend to my family and friends.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi George, thanks for your review and for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

wouldn't travel with out insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

Policy was good value, easy online set up. l had to purchase it for 2 adults.
Thank God l didn't need to use it.
Yes l would recommend this site. value for money peace of mind.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for recommending us. Cheers, Anthony.

Quick & Easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Policy was good value, easy online set up as l had to purchase for 5 adults.
Thank God l didn't need to use it.
Yes l would recommend this site.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Melinda, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Bad customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I shortened my holiday and rang to see if i could get maybe a refund of the policy because the quote depends how long you take it for.
E.G house,car work the same but the lady from the insurance company was very rude and I said that I would never use your company again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello Rinaldo, thanks for your feedback. Page 2 of the PDS - https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf says that if you decide that you do not... read more »

Great value travel insurance. Highly recommend!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

Have purchased 4 times now and can't think of any reason why I would change. Takes me 5 minutes to purchase online for a well priced, comprehensive cover. Recommended for value and convenience

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Fiona, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Good value but do not think to claim it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

I am now quite clear the statement one person said every insurance agent is working hard not to let the money out of their company. Sounds reasonable?
If that was only me to travel, I won't bother to buy a travel insurance but my partner had to because of the visa requirements. We went to Europe and unfortunately, when we returned, all our luggage locks were broken. Simply lodged a claim with the return date. However, there is a difference in time zone from Europe through Bangkok to Australia.
They refuse the claim because the date for the c
laim was 2days late from the period of cover (Insurance was bought until the return date from Europe). They ask if I can provide the evidence which the luggage was broken in Europe or Bangkok airport, they will consider about the claim. Wonder who would know where that happened. NEVER MIND. They do not want to pay.
SO,
If you are sure not to use it, 5 stars (simple to buy and reminder email for travel tips)
If you might use it, be careful about excess (I did not even bother to look at it as did expect won't be necessary to claim) and make sure you have evidence that where the baggage was broken and when was it despite the baggages were in the cargo compartments.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Han, thanks for the feedback. Can you please message me here so I can have this investigated with your full name and policy number, and details? Regards, Anthony.

Good value, covered everything I wanted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Policy was easy to purchase, covered what I wanted, easy to to set up and understand. I was happy with the excess and the instructions about claiming seemed straightforward enough. After researching a number of companies I'll no doubt be using Online Travel Insurance next time I travel and hopefully won't have to make a claim then either.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

1 of 54 pages

Do you have for age 79 insurance?

Khosrow Haidary Gazik asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Khosrow, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, we only cover up to age 74. Our other travel insurance brands, https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/ and http://www.worldcare.com.au/ do. Regards, Anthony

Hi Question- if my flight gets cancelled citing Operational Requirments, do you cover expenses such as food ect until you are rebooked on another flight? ( I know airline will usually cover accomodation )

Vanessa asked on Apr 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to call 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. There is some information regarding cancellations here: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf Regards, Anthony.

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

See all 22 questions about Online Travel Insurance