Filter By:

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Warning don't get scam!! Promise everything deliver nothing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

When I bought this insurance online I have read all their PDS and policy and compare to others thought I was safe and cover till I make a claim after I got rob in Berlin!! It was a total nightmare dealing with this company acting as broker for Allianz!! Even though i had a police report which wasn't never enough and also useless cause every time I call to check my claim they will request more document after they will take their maximum time 2wks each time which went on for 2mths.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dave, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your claim experience. If your claim is not yet resolved and there's anything I can do to help, please email me with your full name and policy numbe... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Affordable, until you have to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have purchased travel insurance from this company on two occasions now. While in Europe, my sunglasses were accidentally left in a rental car when we returned the car. My claim was rejected as items left in rental cars are excluded. I thought this to be fair enough so I purchased travel insurance again from this company for my trip to the Philippines. Upon returning to Australia, we discovered that our baby's car seat was lost by the airline. It turns out that luggage lost while in transit is also excluded. Having spent over $380 on insurance cover for the 2 trips, I struggle to understand why I bothered spending money on cover when there are so many exclusions.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Manuel, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Disappointed at the lack of help I got

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

My premium was just a donation, easy to set up but a waste as on the day of departure we could not fly but got no support from you to help recoup any of my costs. As I should have expected there is always a loop hole that insurance companies will find to not pay. Accordingly go to your policy my wife and I should have taken our trip and left our kids stranded at airport. Won't use you in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Surrey Hills

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Stay away - happy to take your money but no intent of paying out on claims

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

Policy seemed like good value initially but as soon as you try to make a claim they turn out to be just like every other insurance company, weaseling out of paying any way they can.
Now I wasn't making a big claim, all I was claiming for was loss of my new sunglasses, which despite my receipt clearly showing they were well above the excess amount they decided to devalue my claim to just below the excess amount so they could get out of paying or even part-paying for a replacement pair.
How a company treats a small issue is generally a good indicator of how they would treat larger ones, so in this case I'd hate to think how someone who loses thousands of dollars worth of property would go!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ben, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

No Good if you want cover for threats of terrorism

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2016

The policies do not cover threats or acts of terrorism. The advice level for Thailand has just been raised to Do Not Travel and I was unable to claim any costs from my now cancelled trip due to Online Travel Insurance not covering threats or acts of terrorism. The PDS was misleading as this was not a general exclusion and was found at the very bottom of the PDS. I am not impressed with the service I received from Online Travel Insurance.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that your trip had to be cancelled. Our thoughts are also with the families who have been affected by this tragedy. Yes you are correct, in that c... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Great as long as you don't need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2016

Our flight was delayed for 17 hours due to technical problems ( a software issue ) i had to spend around $500 on new connecting flights and lost a nights accommodation. in the policy it says they cover cancellation cost. however hidden deeper in the fine print they say they do not pay out for " vehicle mechanical failure" my claim was rejected on these grounds. I don't see how mechanical failure and technical (computers and technology) issues are the same thing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll send this through our complaints system. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

Bad value, paid extra for bicycles then had an incident where one bicycle was broken and the insurance company took 3 months to finally come to the decision that they weren't going to cover the damage. What the point of having insurance at all!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Britt, I'm sorry to hear about this. If you could send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

Perth

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Beware - not good when you need to claim!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2016

I decided to take out a comprehensive policy for myself and my husband when we went to Europe recently. Whilst they are happy to VERY QUICKLY take your money, they are not so happy to PAY UP when you make a genuine claim. We had a bag stolen and they are taking their time deciding our claim - asking ridiculous questions to find some way out of paying for our stuff I am sure!

PLEASE BEWARE - Everyone gives it 5 stars but you may regret getting this insurance if you dont also look at how they treat you when you claim!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

It has now been over a month since I lodged my claim. You requested additional information from me which I provided. You waited the entire 10 business days allowed under regulation to process that ... read more »

Unless you have NO existing ailments at all don't do this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2016

Customer Support not helpful. In fact I got another policy due to pre existing and no refund from yourselves. As part of a group will not be using this Insurance again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll lodge this through our complaints process. Regards, Anthony

Sydney

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Great..until you need to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Like many people searching for cheap travel insurance, I came across this one thinking its got a good rating, and its cheap, can't loose. However as far as I could search, I couldn't find cases of any claims. Low and behold I've got my first claim.. I have been kept waiting weeks for a response on it. I've sent numerous emails to the claims department without reply, and am still waiting on my 'call back'.

It may be cheap, but be warned, when you need to claim, you'll be left constantly chasing up on it.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

I wasted my money! Read the fine print!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

I had a flight cancelled in New Zealand that caused me to miss a connecting flight. I had to buy another ticket to get home leaving me out of pocket around $500.
I enquired about making a claim only to find the "fine print" had excluded me from gaining any benefit from my insurance. I didn't bother filing a claim after the advisor pointed out some of the phrases put in policy to prevent my claim being recognised.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Never ever ever bother buying it!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

They will find a way to not cover anything. I got an item stolen while I was away just to be told that if I had read their 28 page product disclosure statement I would have known I wasn't covered for it! Absolutely ridiculous!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello, thanks for your comment. I"m sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the claims process. If you would like to go through our complaints process, please send me your full name and policy nu... read more »

1 of 2 pages

Hi My mum is on warfarin - has been for over 10 years with no problems - would she be covered for a trip to europe for a cruise and couple of side stop overs

vh asked on Mar 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to get in contact with our call centre on 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

We are off to Fiji in May and in your terms and conditions cannot find anything to do with floods and cyclones; be it they happen before we depart or whilst we are there. Can you please clarify? Thanks Liz

Liz asked on Feb 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Liz - on page 36 of the PDS, http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf it says f] In addition, we will reimburse your Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses if a disruption to your Journey arises from the following reasons: • your scheduled or connecting transport is cancelled, delayed,
shortened or diverted because of a strike, riot, hijack, civil protest, weather or natural disaster. So this would cover the floods/cyclones aspect. However, you will be travelling outside of the cyclone season so this should not be an issue. Regards, Anthony.

If I were in Thailand and had an accident and was hospitalised would the claim be paid outright or would I have to pay and claim later. As this may be expensive this would be a real concern of mine. Also as you are online would we receive a copy of the policy to take with us? Kind regards Tracy

tracy asked on Jan 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tracy, thanks for your comment. The policy will be emailed out to you if you make a purchase. In terms of the claim, the current PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) says you would have to contact us as soon as possible regarding a hospital claim. But generally, the claim would be paid later. You can find out more by calling 1800 010 078. Regards, Anthony

See all 18 questions about Online Travel Insurance