Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Great value, however not great on claims!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

The policy was great value and easy to set up, hence why I selected it. However i missed a transit flight due to being unwell in the bathrooms, and while trying to organise a contingency flight I was left on hold for over an hour, at which point I had to hang up and take care of the issue alone otherwise miss the replacement flight. It did make a stressful situation, being a female traveling on her own in the Middle East. I followed the situation up twice via email to see whether I was eligible for a reimbursement, but no response was ever received!

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rosanna, thanks for the review - sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll look into this. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Not great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

I Made a claim by phone, was told a claim form being emailed in five minutes, 8 hours later still nothing, not looking good. First promise failed, doesn't bode well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason - can you please email me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll look into this. Regards, Anthony

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

Which travel insurance (package) should we consider as 2 adult parents and one child 2 and a half years old. we are traveling to USA. 4+ weeks. I am just concern if my child needed to visit doctor,.. what is the best way to do so. Full Comprehensive with $0 claim don't care which company is cheapest i need the simplest and less hassle to deal with?

Johnny asked on Apr 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Johnny, thanks for your query. We do offer a comprehensive option but our smallest excess is $150. See more at the PDS here (page 8) to see what's covered and if this suits your needs: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Also, feel free to call our team at 1800 010 078 for more information.

Hi My mum is on warfarin - has been for over 10 years with no problems - would she be covered for a trip to europe for a cruise and couple of side stop overs

vh asked on Mar 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to get in contact with our call centre on 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

See all 20 questions about Online Travel Insurance