Filter By:

Insurance claim made

BE PREPARED TO WAIT AT CLAIM TIME!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Be prepared to wait for your claim to be looked at, any time you call for an update the claims department will always refer you to "we have 10 days as per our policy to look at your claim". I sent through requested documents and the claims officer adds a extra 10 days to review bringing the claim process to 20 days.. very lengthy esp. to replace items like "reading glasses"

poor

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hello Jacob, thanks for your review. I'll pass it on to our team as we're always looking to improve our processes. If there are still outstanding matters to be addressed, please let me know. Regards, Anthony.

Insurance claim made

Great value, however not great on claims!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

The policy was great value and easy to set up, hence why I selected it. However i missed a transit flight due to being unwell in the bathrooms, and while trying to organise a contingency flight I was left on hold for over an hour, at which point I had to hang up and take care of the issue alone otherwise miss the replacement flight. It did make a stressful situation, being a female traveling on her own in the Middle East. I followed the situation up twice via email to see whether I was eligible for a reimbursement, but no response was ever received!

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rosanna, thanks for the review - sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll look into this. Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Not great

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

I Made a claim by phone, was told a claim form being emailed in five minutes, 8 hours later still nothing, not looking good. First promise failed, doesn't bode well.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jason - can you please email me your full name and policy number to agaecommerce@gmail.com and I'll look into this. Regards, Anthony

Hi Question- if my flight gets cancelled citing Operational Requirments, do you cover expenses such as food ect until you are rebooked on another flight? ( I know airline will usually cover accomodation )

Vanessa asked on Apr 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to call 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. There is some information regarding cancellations here: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf Regards, Anthony.

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

Which travel insurance (package) should we consider as 2 adult parents and one child 2 and a half years old. we are traveling to USA. 4+ weeks. I am just concern if my child needed to visit doctor,.. what is the best way to do so. Full Comprehensive with $0 claim don't care which company is cheapest i need the simplest and less hassle to deal with?

Johnny asked on Apr 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Johnny, thanks for your query. We do offer a comprehensive option but our smallest excess is $150. See more at the PDS here (page 8) to see what's covered and if this suits your needs: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Also, feel free to call our team at 1800 010 078 for more information.

See all 21 questions about Online Travel Insurance