Filter By:

woody point, qld

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Didn't have to claim so can't really say if it was good or not

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

I didn't have to claim so can't really say if it was good or not. So that was good for me! i.e. no problems or issues. Sorry OnlineTravelInsurance for the 3 star review.

I'd give them 5 stars for the easy to complete application form
10 stars for the price - by far the cheapest and i loved the easy to use variable excess choices.
0 stars for the claims process - because I didn't make one so therefore can't rate it.
also, I didn't have to contact OTI for any reason so i can't comment/rate that aspect.

Maybe one day I'll have to make a travel claim and then i can give a more accurate and complete review.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony.

AIRLIE BEACH

Private message

It was OK this time. But you still leave a bitter taste from last time when I had to make a claim

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

Value is good
Yes because I set up the policy online.
Thank God after last June (& the super Strom in Sydney) I didn't have to deal with customer support

Insurance claim made

Too complex

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I understand companies need to have policies in place. I dropped my phone in the water while away. Came home to claim it and was told it couldn't be claimed because I didn't fill in a report within 24 hours. Not the thing I was thinking of in the middle of India! The fine print always hides something...

Its insurance. What you want me to say ?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

I di not use the insurance because i did not need to use the insurance. We all get insurance incase we need to use the insurance. That is why it is called insurance

Worthwhile

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Because the pricing is fair and not expensive I always select Online Travel Insurance though this time fortunately no claim required, however extremely satisfied that the policy was there if needed.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thanks for the comment, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Could do better delivering the policy to customer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

policy was good value.
yes, easy to set up but had to ring up three times to get a hard policy sent through as well as an email confirmation before I left.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Harjinder, thanks for the comment - I'll pass on your comments regarding the process as we're always looking to improve. Regards, Anthony

I didn't need to use it so can't honestly rate a product I never used.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

The policy was good value and easy to set up but unfortunately I can't reply to the customer service as I didn't have need to use the insurance at all. It was really only a precaution.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michelle, glad to hear you found our policy good value for money and easy to organise. Cheers, Anthony.

Inexpensive Yet Ticks all the Boxes.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

This travel insurance was the cheapest comprehensive cover we came across and was very easy to set up online. We also had no problem amending the period of our insurance cover due to a change to our return flights. However we did not make a claim and therefore we are unable to comment on how well they deliver on their policies. Nevertheless travel insurance is a must when travelling overseas.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nikola, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

Thankfully not had to be put to the test. Not difficult to set up or called for any assistance. So cannot say one way or the other if the policy was of benefit or a waste of money.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Timothy, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Great Cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

The policy that we took out covered us for everything that we required, however i have learnt that new zealand and australia have a reciprocal medical agreement and medical does not need to be covered in your insurance policy.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tina, thanks for your comment. Regards, Anthony.

Koroit

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Glad I didn't need it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

Must have when travelling but glad I did not have to use any of their services. Easy online process to get cover and pay. Good value for the money spent.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your comment. Cheers, Anthony.

Travel necessity

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

After researching the market, I believe that the Policy was good value. No support required from the providers customer support so I'm unable to comment on their level of service.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

1 of 3 pages

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

Which travel insurance (package) should we consider as 2 adult parents and one child 2 and a half years old. we are traveling to USA. 4+ weeks. I am just concern if my child needed to visit doctor,.. what is the best way to do so. Full Comprehensive with $0 claim don't care which company is cheapest i need the simplest and less hassle to deal with?

Johnny asked on Apr 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Johnny, thanks for your query. We do offer a comprehensive option but our smallest excess is $150. See more at the PDS here (page 8) to see what's covered and if this suits your needs: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Also, feel free to call our team at 1800 010 078 for more information.

Hi My mum is on warfarin - has been for over 10 years with no problems - would she be covered for a trip to europe for a cruise and couple of side stop overs

vh asked on Mar 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to get in contact with our call centre on 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

See all 20 questions about Online Travel Insurance