Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Too complex

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I understand companies need to have policies in place. I dropped my phone in the water while away. Came home to claim it and was told it couldn't be claimed because I didn't fill in a report within 24 hours. Not the thing I was thinking of in the middle of India! The fine print always hides something...

Its insurance. What you want me to say ?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

I di not use the insurance because i did not need to use the insurance. We all get insurance incase we need to use the insurance. That is why it is called insurance

Worthwhile

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Because the pricing is fair and not expensive I always select Online Travel Insurance though this time fortunately no claim required, however extremely satisfied that the policy was there if needed.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi John, thanks for the comment, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Could do better delivering the policy to customer

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

policy was good value.
yes, easy to set up but had to ring up three times to get a hard policy sent through as well as an email confirmation before I left.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Harjinder, thanks for the comment - I'll pass on your comments regarding the process as we're always looking to improve. Regards, Anthony

I didn't need to use it so can't honestly rate a product I never used.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

The policy was good value and easy to set up but unfortunately I can't reply to the customer service as I didn't have need to use the insurance at all. It was really only a precaution.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Michelle, glad to hear you found our policy good value for money and easy to organise. Cheers, Anthony.

Inexpensive Yet Ticks all the Boxes.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

This travel insurance was the cheapest comprehensive cover we came across and was very easy to set up online. We also had no problem amending the period of our insurance cover due to a change to our return flights. However we did not make a claim and therefore we are unable to comment on how well they deliver on their policies. Nevertheless travel insurance is a must when travelling overseas.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nikola, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

Thankfully not had to be put to the test. Not difficult to set up or called for any assistance. So cannot say one way or the other if the policy was of benefit or a waste of money.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Timothy, thanks for the comment. Regards, Anthony.

Great Cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

The policy that we took out covered us for everything that we required, however i have learnt that new zealand and australia have a reciprocal medical agreement and medical does not need to be covered in your insurance policy.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tina, thanks for your comment. Regards, Anthony.

Koroit

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Glad I didn't need it

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

Must have when travelling but glad I did not have to use any of their services. Easy online process to get cover and pay. Good value for the money spent.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your comment. Cheers, Anthony.

Travel necessity

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

After researching the market, I believe that the Policy was good value. No support required from the providers customer support so I'm unable to comment on their level of service.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Expensive for level of cover

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

Felt expensive for the level of cover provided. Process was straightforward however. Probably wouldn't use again if had time to research better value alternatives. We didn't need to make a claim.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Simon, thanks for your feedback. Regards, Anthony

Average

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

In these uncertain times, travel insurance that does not cover coups or terrorism isn't comprehensive. Due to the exclusions, we continued with our planned trip to Turkey against the advice of the Australian Government as we had pre-paid all costs and would have lost everything. It was a risk, but there is no such destination that is guaranteed to be safe.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Renate, thanks for your feedback, I'll pass it on to the team. Cheers, Anthony

1 of 3 pages

We are off to Fiji in May and in your terms and conditions cannot find anything to do with floods and cyclones; be it they happen before we depart or whilst we are there. Can you please clarify? Thanks Liz

Liz asked on Feb 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Liz - on page 36 of the PDS, http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf it says f] In addition, we will reimburse your Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses if a disruption to your Journey arises from the following reasons: • your scheduled or connecting transport is cancelled, delayed,
shortened or diverted because of a strike, riot, hijack, civil protest, weather or natural disaster. So this would cover the floods/cyclones aspect. However, you will be travelling outside of the cyclone season so this should not be an issue. Regards, Anthony.

If I were in Thailand and had an accident and was hospitalised would the claim be paid outright or would I have to pay and claim later. As this may be expensive this would be a real concern of mine. Also as you are online would we receive a copy of the policy to take with us? Kind regards Tracy

tracy asked on Jan 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tracy, thanks for your comment. The policy will be emailed out to you if you make a purchase. In terms of the claim, the current PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) says you would have to contact us as soon as possible regarding a hospital claim. But generally, the claim would be paid later. You can find out more by calling 1800 010 078. Regards, Anthony

Hi My sons are travelling to Philippines on 10 Dec. They are 18 and 13. Do I get one travel insurance for them as the 13y/o will be the dependent of my 18 y/o? Thanks

JYB asked on Dec 06, 2016

Answer this

Hi, please call our call centre on 1800 010 078 and they will have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony

See all 17 questions about Online Travel Insurance