Filter By:

Easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Reasonably easy to read information, good value, very happy we did not need to make a claim. Was just a little unsure when choosing locations as we visited Hawaii thank you

Did not have to use insurance, easy to purchase online

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I have purchased this online insurance before but have never needed to use it. It is affordable and easy to purchase online. They maintain good communication via emails as well

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lena, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase

Easy to purchase online cover that suited our needs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Reasonably priced cover for a couple for international travel during our holiday to Japan that suited our needs and gave us peace of mind. I purchased the comprehensive policy a few days before our departure for myself and my partner (30yo & 25yo) for $83.12 in total. Excess was quoted as $150 for claims, and the policy offered cover up to $25,000 for cancellation fees and lost deposits. I was emailed the certificate of insurance and PDS immediately after completion of my purchase. The online application form was easy to fill out requiring basi c information and I recall being fairly quick from start to finish (after some hours of fairly extensive online research of course). Our cover included our priorities for claims related to accident or injury (not including previous medical conditions unless specified in PDS), theft or loss of passports, baggage, money, belongings etc., cancellation/delay of flights & bookings, as well as cover for accident/damage/excess for our planned go-karting activity in Tokyo. I did not need to claim for anything for our trip so cannot comment on that aspect, however, if I was travelling again I would be likely to use this type of cover again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Astro, thanks for your detailed review - hope you had a great trip to Japan! Cheers, Anthony.

I should also have mentioned in the review the cover was for 13 days in total, inclusive of travel time from departure on the first day to our arrival back in melbourne.

Didn't need to use the insurance, but it was comforting to have!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I didn't actually need to use my insurance, however it was very easy to book, seemed like great value compared to what else was available and there was good email communication. I would grab it again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Alexandra, thanks for letting us know - hope you had a great trip! Cheers, Anthony.

Just what we needed

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Very easy to set up online and I found it to be very competitive value. I didn't need to make a claim so I can not comment any further than that.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review - glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

Good value and important for travel.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

The policy was really important especially for travellers like me. I didn't have any trouble setting up the policy and I would get online travel insurance again the next time I travel abroad.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jerwin, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Cheap but don't try to Claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Cheap premium but don't try to Claim. I had to cancel my trip because of circumstances outside my control (no I didn't change my mind). Allianz has done everything possible to deny my (small) claim. Have followed their Dispute process and have 3 different refusals for different reasons. They twist everything you say and blame you for everything. I managed to cancel everything except the flights which were non-cancellable yet they maintain that I didn't do everything to minimise the Claim. Claim has gone to FOS.

Fortunately I didn't tequire it but nice knowing I had it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I thought it was excellent value. Highly recommend OTI. Easy to access and also great phone customer service. Delighted I didn't need to use the claim service. Would definitely use again

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Need to take travel insurance for peace of mind

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Policy is good value even though didn't use it. Will definitely purchase travel insurance again from your company. Policy is also easy to set up. Didn't use customer service at this time.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony

Fantastic piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Great value for money, one less thing to stress about while trying to plan/enjoy a holiday.
This was our 1st time overseas and knowing we were fully covered was comforting.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nicole, glad to hear you found Online Travel Insurance good value for money! Cheers, Anthony.

Just what I needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

A good value policy, easy to set up online, with good range of options for great peace of mind when I was travelling in the remote parts of Slovenia & the UK

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review - glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Cheers, Anthony.

good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

good value and easy to set up via internet. Very competitive with cover that was provided. Good to know you do not have to spend a fortune on insurance to get good cover

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

1 of 52 pages

Hi Question- if my flight gets cancelled citing Operational Requirments, do you cover expenses such as food ect until you are rebooked on another flight? ( I know airline will usually cover accomodation )

Vanessa asked on Apr 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to call 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. There is some information regarding cancellations here: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf Regards, Anthony.

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

Which travel insurance (package) should we consider as 2 adult parents and one child 2 and a half years old. we are traveling to USA. 4+ weeks. I am just concern if my child needed to visit doctor,.. what is the best way to do so. Full Comprehensive with $0 claim don't care which company is cheapest i need the simplest and less hassle to deal with?

Johnny asked on Apr 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Johnny, thanks for your query. We do offer a comprehensive option but our smallest excess is $150. See more at the PDS here (page 8) to see what's covered and if this suits your needs: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Also, feel free to call our team at 1800 010 078 for more information.

See all 21 questions about Online Travel Insurance