Filter By:

Did not have to use insurance, easy to purchase online

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I have purchased this online insurance before but have never needed to use it. It is affordable and easy to purchase online. They maintain good communication via emails as well

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lena, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase

Easy to purchase online cover that suited our needs.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Reasonably priced cover for a couple for international travel during our holiday to Japan that suited our needs and gave us peace of mind. I purchased the comprehensive policy a few days before our departure for myself and my partner (30yo & 25yo) for $83.12 in total. Excess was quoted as $150 for claims, and the policy offered cover up to $25,000 for cancellation fees and lost deposits. I was emailed the certificate of insurance and PDS immediately after completion of my purchase. The online application form was easy to fill out requiring basi c information and I recall being fairly quick from start to finish (after some hours of fairly extensive online research of course). Our cover included our priorities for claims related to accident or injury (not including previous medical conditions unless specified in PDS), theft or loss of passports, baggage, money, belongings etc., cancellation/delay of flights & bookings, as well as cover for accident/damage/excess for our planned go-karting activity in Tokyo. I did not need to claim for anything for our trip so cannot comment on that aspect, however, if I was travelling again I would be likely to use this type of cover again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Astro, thanks for your detailed review - hope you had a great trip to Japan! Cheers, Anthony.

I should also have mentioned in the review the cover was for 13 days in total, inclusive of travel time from departure on the first day to our arrival back in melbourne.

Fortunately I didn't tequire it but nice knowing I had it

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

I thought it was excellent value. Highly recommend OTI. Easy to access and also great phone customer service. Delighted I didn't need to use the claim service. Would definitely use again

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Fantastic piece of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Great value for money, one less thing to stress about while trying to plan/enjoy a holiday.
This was our 1st time overseas and knowing we were fully covered was comforting.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Nicole, glad to hear you found Online Travel Insurance good value for money! Cheers, Anthony.

Just what I needed

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

A good value policy, easy to set up online, with good range of options for great peace of mind when I was travelling in the remote parts of Slovenia & the UK

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, thanks for your review - glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Cheers, Anthony.

Travel insurance for Thailand

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

The policy was easy to set up and take out the policy online.
The price was cheaper and more than competitive when compared to other providers. I would recommend them for any travel insurance but not having to make a claim I can only comment on taking out the policy and after event communications.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Amy, thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Premium was a really good price and included a lot , was really great value , would purchase through them again when I next travel overseas , thank you :-)

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Tara - glad to hear you found Online Travel Insurance good value. Regards, Anthony.

Great insurance - will definitely use again

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2017

Excellent and easy to get a quote and organise. We have used other insurers but we will definitely use Online Travel Insurance again. Simple and easy even when I had a query about updating dates.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anissa, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

Never travel without insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Excellent value for money gave me the peace of mind you need when travelling. Fuss free application. Simple to fill out application online. Have claimed once before on a different policy for my son and that was also resolved within days. Excellent service. Would definitely use again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi, glad to hear you found Online Travel Insurance good value! Cheers, Anthony.

Competitive pricing snd service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

I felt the price was very competitive compared to others. The policy was easy to apply for. I didn't have any reason to contact customer service. I would use this service again.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lisa, glad to hear you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Very good value. Easy to set up. I found them rated highly by Choice Magazine. They seemed the best combination of service and value. Didn't have to make a claim.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Douglas, glad to hear that you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Hope you had a great trip. Regards, Anthony.

Hassle free great price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Good value easy payment.I didnt have to make any claim. Hassle free with peace of mind that you are covered during your travel where there is a possibility of a lot that can go wrong that we you are covered .

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Giuseppe - glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance. Regards, Anthony.

1 of 52 pages

Hi Question- if my flight gets cancelled citing Operational Requirments, do you cover expenses such as food ect until you are rebooked on another flight? ( I know airline will usually cover accomodation )

Vanessa asked on Apr 29, 2017

Answer this

Hi, it's best to call 1800 010 078 as they would have this information at their fingertips. There is some information regarding cancellations here: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf Regards, Anthony.

We are traveling to France later in the year. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, would we be covered? thanks

Mick asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mick, more here - https://www.allianz.com.au/travel-insurance/terrorism-events Basically, if you require medical treatment yes, but does not cover other things related to that event, e.g. flights etc. You can also view the PDS here: https://travel.allianz.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS#_ga=1.77493206.217436955.1488233930

Which travel insurance (package) should we consider as 2 adult parents and one child 2 and a half years old. we are traveling to USA. 4+ weeks. I am just concern if my child needed to visit doctor,.. what is the best way to do so. Full Comprehensive with $0 claim don't care which company is cheapest i need the simplest and less hassle to deal with?

Johnny asked on Apr 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Johnny, thanks for your query. We do offer a comprehensive option but our smallest excess is $150. See more at the PDS here (page 8) to see what's covered and if this suits your needs: https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Also, feel free to call our team at 1800 010 078 for more information.

See all 21 questions about Online Travel Insurance