Filter By:
  • 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Affordable, until you have to claim.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I have purchased travel insurance from this company on two occasions now. While in Europe, my sunglasses were accidentally left in a rental car when we returned the car. My claim was rejected as items left in rental cars are excluded. I thought this to be fair enough so I purchased travel insurance again from this company for my trip to the Philippines. Upon returning to Australia, we discovered that our baby's car seat was lost by the airline. It turns out that luggage lost while in transit is also excluded. Having spent over $380 on insurance cover for the 2 trips, I struggle to understand why I bothered spending money on cover when there are so many exclusions.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Manuel, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please email me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Great cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

This policy had what I needed at an amazing price. I looked around and for the same cover if not more this was by far the cheapest. I would definitely use them next time I travel.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Cindy, thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Great price, great coverage, easy to purchase. Did not have to claim or call customer support so cannot comment on that side of things but would use them again in the future.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Steve, thanks for your review - glad to hear you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

All good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Great price and comprehensive coverage, especially since we were heading to the USA, so really need that. Didn't make a claim, but would use them in the future most definitely.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Dwayne, thanks for your review - glad to hear that you were happy with Online Travel Insurance. Cheers, Anthony.

Perfect insurance cover made easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Easy to get the insurance and was able to cover most of my requests. Had a good product as well.
Didn't have to make claim so did not have any customer service interaction

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Sheana, thanks for your review, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

Verified Purchase

Well set out PDS greatly reduces grey areas.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Istvan - thanks for letting us know. Regards, Anthony

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Yes good value.
Had problems on line but when I called customer service they were very helpful and set up the policy for me.
A refund was owing to me which you refunded in a few days back to me.
Excellent customer service

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Victoria - thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

All good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

This policy was good value for money, thankfully did not need to make a claim. Was great website and easy to buy insurance online. Would use Online Travel Insurance for any future travel.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Winston, thanks for letting us know! Cheers, Anthony.

VERY EASY AND FANTASTIC PRICE, THANK YOU.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

The policy was great value, very easy to purchase online. Had no need to claim, so don't know what the claim service is like. I do know if you read the PDS and make yourself aware of exactly what your covered for you can't go wrong. Its the same for all insurance company's.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Andrew, thanks for review, it's appreciated! Cheers, Anthony.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Disappointed at the lack of help I got

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

My premium was just a donation, easy to set up but a waste as on the day of departure we could not fly but got no support from you to help recoup any of my costs. As I should have expected there is always a loop hole that insurance companies will find to not pay. Accordingly go to your policy my wife and I should have taken our trip and left our kids stranded at airport. Won't use you in the future.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matthew, I'm sorry to hear about this. Can you please send me your full name and policy number to feedback@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Cruise cover

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Simple to buy, felt content knowing I had a policy, great value, next time I go away will be the first place to get a quote. Have told friends about this policy.

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ashlee, thank for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Great value for money for peace of mind while on holidays

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2016

Easy to set up - good value for money - phoned to arrange policy - all very easy to arrange with no fuss. Would use your company again for any future travel insurance requirements

Comments
Online Travel Insurance Official

Hi Karen, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

4 of 45 pages

We are off to Fiji in May and in your terms and conditions cannot find anything to do with floods and cyclones; be it they happen before we depart or whilst we are there. Can you please clarify? Thanks Liz

Liz asked on Feb 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi Liz - on page 36 of the PDS, http://www.worldcare.com.au/Images/ProductDisclosureStatement.pdf it says f] In addition, we will reimburse your Reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses if a disruption to your Journey arises from the following reasons: • your scheduled or connecting transport is cancelled, delayed,
shortened or diverted because of a strike, riot, hijack, civil protest, weather or natural disaster. So this would cover the floods/cyclones aspect. However, you will be travelling outside of the cyclone season so this should not be an issue. Regards, Anthony.

If I were in Thailand and had an accident and was hospitalised would the claim be paid outright or would I have to pay and claim later. As this may be expensive this would be a real concern of mine. Also as you are online would we receive a copy of the policy to take with us? Kind regards Tracy

tracy asked on Jan 21, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tracy, thanks for your comment. The policy will be emailed out to you if you make a purchase. In terms of the claim, the current PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/OTI%20-%20Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) says you would have to contact us as soon as possible regarding a hospital claim. But generally, the claim would be paid later. You can find out more by calling 1800 010 078. Regards, Anthony

Hi My sons are travelling to Philippines on 10 Dec. They are 18 and 13. Do I get one travel insurance for them as the 13y/o will be the dependent of my 18 y/o? Thanks

JYB asked on Dec 06, 2016

Answer this

Hi, please call our call centre on 1800 010 078 and they will have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony

See all 17 questions about Online Travel Insurance