Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Happy for the most part

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

I'm happy with most of the juicers abilities.
I have never owned a juicer so have nothing to compare it to, however I do find it struggles moving very stringy vegetables, like celery, wheatgrass or Rhubarb, from the main container, through the chute to the pulp jug. I have to be sure to run them through last, if not its struggle town.
Also, when it gets blocked the machine heats up and warms the juice.
It is nice and quiet as advertised.
Wide mouth is handy.
Cleaning is easy enough except removing all pulp from the basket mesh.
It has been a positive addition to my nutrition.

Comments
Optimum Blender Official

Hello Moo moo and thank you for sharing your feedback :-) As this is the first time you use a cold press juicer, I would be happy to send you some tips on the best ways to juice leafy greens and s... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

So happy with our purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

We were recommended the Optimum 600 from friends that also loved their purchase and use it regularly. It's great that you don't have to cut the veggies up too much also!! (Except the celery, so the strands don't get caught on the way though!). We use our juicer a couple of times a week and jar the juice to use over 2-3 days!

Cairns

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Best juicer ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

Have been juicing for over 40 yrs & last 2 juicers have been single speed cold press juicers which lasted approx 10yrs. Changing to a vertical juicer with large auger has been best decision ever. This juicer has been so well thought out & is the easiest to clean of all juicers I've ever known. It's quick, leaves the least amt of pulp & totally the best design. Am thoroughly enjoying the love affair with my new juicer & is money so well spent.
Linda Renouf (Cairns, Nth Qld Australia.)

• 5 comments
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

What I like: 1. Easy to assemble once you get few tricks such has turning the auger. If it is not easy then check you are using the dots of reference then don't force it and turn around the piece to find the connection.
2. Easy to feed the machine. Careful to not over feed or it clogs. You still need to cut Kale, Celery and fibrous veggies alike in small piece to avoid clogging the machine. Alternate with the various components.
3. Easy to disassemble, although the auger can be hard to take off.
4. Easy to clean.
5. The pulp is quite dry. S
O the yield is quite good.

What I dislike: 1. The warranty for the auger and the filter screen is ONLY 1 year and not 5 years as advertised. This is false advertizing. Why HIDING/LYING about this? These are the two pieces that are under the most pressure when it juices. For me it reflects a lack of quality of these pieces made in China. And to replace them it cost $85 for the auger and $39 for the filter screen. Should I be prepare to re-buy these pieces for $124 every 18-24 month?
2. the instructions are not precise enough.

November 15th 2016 Update:
I use it every day, sometimes twice a day. I got the hang of assembling and disassembling the juicer. Just make sure that the little colored silicone piece under the juicer collector is engage 40%.
The cleaning stays easy & quick (3 minutes) despite the fact that there a some leftover in the machine. Make sure you clean it before it is dry and use the brush on the screen.
The yielding for green veggies is good, coming from a centrifugal juicer this is much better. I like being able to try for 30 days. Not all company offers that. Too bad for them.

Purchased at: Froothie

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Gabriel, my name is Francois and I would like to personally apologise for the misunderstanding with the warranty. The auger is designed to last over a decade, it is almost impossible to damag... read more »

Hello Francois, Thank you for your comment. Nevertheless, this is no misunderstanding. It is written black on white that the auger and the filter screen is only under 12 month warranty. I can beli... read more »

Optimum Blender Official

Hello Gabriel, we actually do cover the auger and the filter for 5 years under warranty and have been doing so since the launch. The misunderstanding is due to the older warranty terms and conditio... read more »

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

What a ripper!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I did all the research before buying and am so happy I did. Such an awesome machine. We juice all the time. You don't even have to cut fruit and vegetables up, as long as they fit in the shoot you're sweet. Save yourself the time and hassle and spend the money up front to get a decent product. I would definitely recommend a slow cold press juicer over a centrifrugal juicer any day of the week!

Maleny, Queensland

• 2 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

It's been a Love/Hate relationship with my juicer but the Love is winning out!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Some time ago I bought a Froothie Optimum juicer and it's proved itself to be an excellent product, in use most days of the week. Urged on by our son who is a great fan of slow juicing, we decided to investigate slow juicers and came to the conclusion that the Froothie was the best buy in terms of efficiency and warranty and of course we knew the company to be reliable and ready to answer any questions. Thanks to Katie the order was dispatched without delay and it was with some excitement that we read the instructions and prepared for the initi al juicing adventure. Oh no, clearly we mis-read some of the instructions but also found that the description of each filter was not readily understood. After that hiccup we rang Froothie and found out where we'd gone astray. From then on it was pretty easy to both assemble and disassemble the entire machine. My only real criticism initially, was that I found it to be a bit of a horror to clean and I ended up with beetroot juice and pulp over me, the bench, the adjacent wall - yep, everywhere. To begin with, I also found that the 600 didn't love large/older beetroot (maybe too stringy??) so I've been buying smaller size beets and the problem has gone away. I learned the hard way that people who suggested cutting the stems off vegetables such as kale and the like were absolutely correct. However, many days of using the 600 has brought about a better outcome overall, as I've gained more experience with what it will and won't do (and there doesn't seem to be much it won't deal with) BUT the main thing I've learned is an easy way to clean the machine. I take all the moveable parts outside and hose them off with a fairly strong stream of water. The bonuses are two. It's easy and quick to clean, (especially the fine filters; the hose works much better than the supplied brush) and the birds adore the leftovers that appear, as if by magic, on the grass. It might not be the most obvious cleaning option but it definitely works. I'm still on the 30 day trial but so far things are going well and I can't see that we won't be giving the 600 a permanent home in our kitchen.

• 3 helpful votes

Great cold press juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

I juice a wide variety of fruit and veges on a regular basis. This is a fantastic juicer. Easy to use, can juice whole fruit and vege with little if no cutting required and is quiet and reliable, have had not one problem since I bought it 6 months ago.

Purchased at: eBay

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase

Still performing! = robust, great juice yield, efficient disassemble and clean!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

We've tried numerous fruit and veg combinations and the machine is very robust in all situations. Produces a great juice yield and a great consistently dry pulp which we found is great to use in cooking vegie burgers. Being a slow juicer, its quieter and can run for longer without fear of burning out the motor, great for our large family. Love the twist/snap/lock-in assemble and disassemble mechanism for efficient cleaning.

Mr

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

Hi, I brought my Optimum 600 Juicer start of year, I was glad I did the research over the Bullet Juicers, best part is watching peoples reactions when juicing pineapple skin and all. Usually jaw drops after seeing how much juice the skin holds. Having juices in the mornings my appetite is less during the day finding easier cut back on heavier food i.e bread & meat. Once we figured how to open the juicer after 3 tries, cleaning is a breeze with the tooth brush. The only hassle is the block in the chute makes having to cut the apples, etc. smaller, wish block could be taken out for bigger proportions.

Purchased at: Online Computer

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

I have had amazing service with Froothie! And I would really reccomend buying from this company! We love to juice nearly every day and much prefere a slow juicer over the fast juicer for the quality and quanity of juice that it makes. We juice nearly any fruit and vege and use our vege garden which makes it affordable to use lots of greens! Best thing you can do for your health is own a good juicer you will use often :)

Brisbane

Excellent quality product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

I looked across many slow juicers to make my decision - they are expensive and there are many options. The Optimum has proven excellent. The juice is fantastic, its extracts more juice and build quality is top notch. What convinced me to take the plunge on this juicer was the obvious support offered by Froothie. They back up their products and that was the deal maker.

hastings

brilliant juicer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2016

this optimum 600 juicer is brilliant - i love it - easy to use, set up & take apart. Easy to clean and juices very well. It is the only juicer I have owned, but like the Optimum Blenders, I love it. The worms in our wormfarm love the pulp. haven't tried wheatgrass yet, but plan to - does lots of other greens really well so shouldn't think it will be a problem with that as well. I would not hesitate to get another product from these guys. The service was great as well.

1 of 6 pages

Hi I purchased the optimum 600, about 2-3years ago from you, we were removing the top of the juicer and the lip of the bowl cracked and broke it still works but don't want it to break further, should be covered under warranty? Sandra pelham [email removed] thank you

Sandra Pelham asked on Jan 18, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for your message. We are sorry that the juicing bowl is broken. Can we please kindly ask you to open a support ticket using the link below and our support team will advise you on how to proceed:

Kind regards :)

Went straight to froothie customer service, got a reply asap new bowl being sent, A1 for customer service, fantastic machine. thank you

Hi, How noisy is the juicer? In one video I watched it sounded quite noisy when certain fruits/veggies are added. Is this the case?

Georgie asked on Jan 15, 2017

Answer this

Thank you for your message.

The Optimum 600 is a whole mouth slow juicer able to juice large pieces of vegetables and greens without cutting. This means that the larger auger (black juicing screw) will be crushing large quantities of ingredients.

Consequently, the Optimum 600 may sometimes make a loud noise caused by the contents being crushed. This can happen more often with large leafy greens and hard ingredients such as carrots and will always occur with large mouth cold press juicers.

The decibels for the Optimum 600 are from 40 to 60, depending on what you are juicing.

We hope this helps :)

On my new Optimum 600, I have juiced pears, peeled oranges, carrots etc. Each time there is juice that comes out but absolutely no pulp coming out from the pulp spout. It all accumulates inside. I have also made sure that the orange silicon at the pulp spout is more than half open. What's happening here ?

Ras asked on Jan 08, 2017

Answer this

I've found over mm any yrs of juicing that cold press juicers need some hard root vegetables such as carrots or beets to work most effectively. I always do the soft fruit 1st & fin with a carrot or 2. Carries are sweet, mild in flavour & won't alter the taste of your fruit juice very much if at all.
Cheers Linda

We are sorry to hear of the issue you are facing. Since the stopper is correctly inserted, the issue could come from the pressure that is applied when the ingredients are being fed into the juicer. You simply need to gently lead the ingredients towards the auger with no force as applying too much force into the chute can cause too much vegetable mass to clog around the auger resulting in pulp overflowing in your juice or the juicer becoming blocked.
You can also check the link below for further tips:
If you are still encountering issues, please open a support ticket via http://www.froothieinternational.com/warranty.php.

See all 17 questions about Optimum 600