Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great machine! Great value!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

I purchased a refurbished Optimum 9400 from the Froothie website. I was told the refurbished machines are the ones they use for product demos and they have only been used 20-30 times before they are being sold. The machine arrived in perfect condition, everything was like new, if I didn't know it had been used I wouldn't have been able to tell. I love the machine, everything is very well made, it's simple and easy to use, no high tech electric functions means not much can go wrong or break in the future. The smoothies come out beautifully! Very happy! Highly recommended!

ransom@melbpc.org.au

• 2 comments
  • 16 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Industrial brutal but just works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

The optimum 9400 is basically a commercial machine. If it was actually designed then it was done by an engineer. So when you get to understand the controls it is beautifully functional - but not beautiful unless you like industrial-brutal. It is big – the base/motor contains a very powerful motor of around double the volume of the Sunbeam Café Series blender that it replaced. The blades are positioned around 2cm above the base so realistically you wouldn’t want to try and prepare anything less than around 500ml. If you want to display it as par t of your normal kitchen then forget it – it’s simply too big and visually overpowering. If you want to chop small items get a cheap stick mixer/chopper from any mass outlet.

Live with its industrial-brutal design and its 500ml minimum content and it works brilliantly.

My favourite summer drink is simply to empty a tray of icecubes in, add half a litre of milk and whatever flavourings (fruit, syrup etc) I want, run it for 20 seconds or so to smash the ice then add a scoop or two of icecream and a five second run (the icecream will spread through the ice slush but not melt) and you’ve got a very refreshing, very creamy, frozen slush/milkshake.

My daughter uses it for smoothies .. whatever mixture of fruit and vegetables and seeds etc strikes her fancy. All reduce to something she drinks and claims delicious – I’m a little cynical..

It wasn’t cheap but in the two years we’ve had it there wouldn’t have been more than a handful of days when it wasn’t used. It’s one of those rare devices that you worry about the price up front then, after you’ve used it for a while, it becomes so much a part of your life that you can’t remember how much you paid.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase

Used every other day to make nut milk and it's a dream

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

I am so glad I bought this blender. Had it for about a year, use it regularly and sometimes with quite hard things that gives the blades/motor a work out but she always comes through! Blend frozen fruit for kids ice-cream, make nut milk, general puréeing, raw treats. Have shorted out the motor a couple of times but there's a trip switch at the bottom and after giving it a bit of time to cool down it's been fine.
I have recommended this blender to all my friends, two of them have also bought it and are very happy also.
My only criticism would be that it has a plastic jug which after a year of being battered around with nuts, is a bit scuffed. A glass jug would be ideal.

Tauranga NZ

Optimum 9400

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

It seems OK, maybe I was expecting big things. I find if blending ice it seems to struggle getting going. Also seem to have to use the stick a lot to get everything moving to try to blend up. Maybe am use to a more heavy duty commercial machine which seem to have no problems blitzing everything without any input from me.

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Vince, based on your feedback your Optimum 9400 may be faulty. Please contact me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or on 03 8609 2210 and I will personally attend to the matter to have it ... read more »

Melb

Verified Purchase

The best blender I have ever used and I've tried a few!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2016

I purchased this blender a few months ago, and I couldn't be happier with it - especially after my horrible experience with other brands. I purchased the nutribullet last year and it blew up after only 3 months of home use! Then I purchased another blender from another big known brand for $300 and after a few uses it gave off a toxic burning smell that filled the house. I was so disappointed with those brands and the lack of value for money of these heavily marketed products, so I began to research blenders and I came across Froothie! aah
The
Optimum 9400 is miles and miles ahead of other blenders on the market. I have used industrial blenders before, and the quality of this Optimum 9400 is exactly that - an industrial grade product at a fraction of the cost.
It purees my smoothies perfectly - the taste is brilliant, and the texture is soo smooth! I look forward to making my smoothies each morning because of this product - honestly don't waste your money on the other brands - this is truly an exceptional product!

Great powerful blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

The Optimum 9400 has been a joy to use the last couple of months since I have it. Have used it nearly everyday to make all sorts of smoothies and soups. The jug is well made and easy to clean and is more durable and a lot lighter compared to glass jugs. A big plus in my opinion.

The only thing that was below my expectations with this blender is how smooth runs. With the jug empty distinct rattling noise is emitted when running at the lower speeds. When the jug filled this rattling noise damps out a bit, but still remains quite noticeable. Even though this does not affect the blend results it still influences the overall experience of the machine, that's why I've rated it 4 out of 5.

• 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best investment ever for healthy life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2015

I have never imagined that blender can be this powerful. I mostly use it for smoothies, soups and almond milk. You can put chunk of any vegetable, fruits and in few seconds whizzzzz --- great smoothie is ready. Motor and blade is so strong and powerful, no other normal brand can match it, I think there would be very few rival to match performance of Optimum. Jar is big and cleaning is easy too.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

edithvale

Verified Purchase

This Is The Best Blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2015

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

I test blenders for a living - the Froothie Optimum 9400 blender is the one that I own though

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2015

I'm a Nutriitonal Food Scientist. For my research I assess how food processing affects nutrient release in smoothies and purees. While I have access to some of the most expensive lab grade blenders, I personally own a Froothie Optimum 9400 blender. I've used everything from common household appliances like Breville and Sunbeam to Vitamix, Nutribullet and Waring. The quality of the Optimum 9400 blender and the products that are produced from this blender are at a minimum on par if not much better with more expensive blenders like Vitamix. It out strips the Nutribullet. The motor keeps on going - no kidding. Based on my own experience and research into blenders, not only do I own 1 for myself personally, I also have 2 Optimum 9400 blenders in our sensory test kitchen at The University of Melbourne - it is such a great blender.
Purees, smoothies, soups, nut butters, omelette batters, pancake mix, protein pudding desserts, minced meats, you name it, it can do it.
As a personal owner: I totally recommend this blender. As a research scientist, l would have no qualms recommending this blender above the other brands and food processors that I have researched.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Not as good as it's supposed to be I'm afaid

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

I have been very disappointed with the Froothie Optimum 9400. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but I'm not impressed with it at all as others seem to be. I looked at a lot of reviews before purchasing.
I find it does not make smoothies very well. . It is very hard to get stuff out because of the height and narrow bottom of jug. Also I have had no success trying to mince even the smallest amount of chicken or beef - I understood that this was possible. Even breadcrumbs test it.
I've had to reset nearly every time I've used it for longer than say 15-20 seconds.
I was looking forward to using it but I'm afraid it was a complete waste of money for me.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hi Mazza! We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. As per the thousands of online reviews globally, the issues you are facing are very unusual. The Optimum 9400 shoul... read more »

Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Mazza, I received your private message on Product Review that things seem to have improved with your blender If you experience any further issues or believe the unit is faulty, please contac... read more »

I am getting on a bit better with the Optimum and some issues have been resolved. I would like everyone who reads my review to know that this company has offered me a replacement or refund. They ... read more »

Verified Purchase

AMAZING Blender - Smoothie & Raw Dessert Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

You can't go wrong with the Optimum 9400 it is extremely powerful and will blitz absolutely everything into a nice smooth consistency... Whether its regular smoothies, green smoothies, soups, raw desserts or anything you fancy - I highly recommend this blender! Mine has been used almost every day since purchasing it about 8 months ago and I LOVE it!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes