Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Verified Purchase

Good blender, but leaking in the bottom of the jug

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2016

The blender works well.
I have had a large amount of brown powder on the base of the blender, and the jug is leaking where the blades are. I have been frustrated that this isn't covered under warranty. I wouldn't normally spend $500 on a blender, the only reason I did was because the 5 year warranty gave me peace of mind. I am also frustrated that I cannot discuss warranty issues with the company over the phone. Everything must be done through email. And I get the same response each time, that this damage only comes about through misuse. My m
isuse: taking the blender off the base before the blades have completely stopped spinning. I believe many people would do this, and if it causes so much damage, and voids the warranty, then maybe it is a design error, or a warning label should be on the blender to not do this.
I was impressed with the overwhelming positive reviews before I bought this blender. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

ransom@melbpc.org.au

• 2 comments
  • 16 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Industrial brutal but just works

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

The optimum 9400 is basically a commercial machine. If it was actually designed then it was done by an engineer. So when you get to understand the controls it is beautifully functional - but not beautiful unless you like industrial-brutal. It is big – the base/motor contains a very powerful motor of around double the volume of the Sunbeam Café Series blender that it replaced. The blades are positioned around 2cm above the base so realistically you wouldn’t want to try and prepare anything less than around 500ml. If you want to display it as par t of your normal kitchen then forget it – it’s simply too big and visually overpowering. If you want to chop small items get a cheap stick mixer/chopper from any mass outlet.

Live with its industrial-brutal design and its 500ml minimum content and it works brilliantly.

My favourite summer drink is simply to empty a tray of icecubes in, add half a litre of milk and whatever flavourings (fruit, syrup etc) I want, run it for 20 seconds or so to smash the ice then add a scoop or two of icecream and a five second run (the icecream will spread through the ice slush but not melt) and you’ve got a very refreshing, very creamy, frozen slush/milkshake.

My daughter uses it for smoothies .. whatever mixture of fruit and vegetables and seeds etc strikes her fancy. All reduce to something she drinks and claims delicious – I’m a little cynical..

It wasn’t cheap but in the two years we’ve had it there wouldn’t have been more than a handful of days when it wasn’t used. It’s one of those rare devices that you worry about the price up front then, after you’ve used it for a while, it becomes so much a part of your life that you can’t remember how much you paid.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Used every other day to make nut milk and it's a dream

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

I am so glad I bought this blender. Had it for about a year, use it regularly and sometimes with quite hard things that gives the blades/motor a work out but she always comes through! Blend frozen fruit for kids ice-cream, make nut milk, general puréeing, raw treats. Have shorted out the motor a couple of times but there's a trip switch at the bottom and after giving it a bit of time to cool down it's been fine.
I have recommended this blender to all my friends, two of them have also bought it and are very happy also.
My only criticism would be that it has a plastic jug which after a year of being battered around with nuts, is a bit scuffed. A glass jug would be ideal.

Tauranga NZ

Optimum 9400

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

It seems OK, maybe I was expecting big things. I find if blending ice it seems to struggle getting going. Also seem to have to use the stick a lot to get everything moving to try to blend up. Maybe am use to a more heavy duty commercial machine which seem to have no problems blitzing everything without any input from me.

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Vince, based on your feedback your Optimum 9400 may be faulty. Please contact me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or on 03 8609 2210 and I will personally attend to the matter to have it ... read more »

Melb

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

The best blender I have ever used and I've tried a few!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2016

I purchased this blender a few months ago, and I couldn't be happier with it - especially after my horrible experience with other brands. I purchased the nutribullet last year and it blew up after only 3 months of home use! Then I purchased another blender from another big known brand for $300 and after a few uses it gave off a toxic burning smell that filled the house. I was so disappointed with those brands and the lack of value for money of these heavily marketed products, so I began to research blenders and I came across Froothie! aah
The
Optimum 9400 is miles and miles ahead of other blenders on the market. I have used industrial blenders before, and the quality of this Optimum 9400 is exactly that - an industrial grade product at a fraction of the cost.
It purees my smoothies perfectly - the taste is brilliant, and the texture is soo smooth! I look forward to making my smoothies each morning because of this product - honestly don't waste your money on the other brands - this is truly an exceptional product!

Great powerful blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

The Optimum 9400 has been a joy to use the last couple of months since I have it. Have used it nearly everyday to make all sorts of smoothies and soups. The jug is well made and easy to clean and is more durable and a lot lighter compared to glass jugs. A big plus in my opinion.

The only thing that was below my expectations with this blender is how smooth runs. With the jug empty distinct rattling noise is emitted when running at the lower speeds. When the jug filled this rattling noise damps out a bit, but still remains quite noticeable. Even though this does not affect the blend results it still influences the overall experience of the machine, that's why I've rated it 4 out of 5.

• 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best investment ever for healthy life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2015

I have never imagined that blender can be this powerful. I mostly use it for smoothies, soups and almond milk. You can put chunk of any vegetable, fruits and in few seconds whizzzzz --- great smoothie is ready. Motor and blade is so strong and powerful, no other normal brand can match it, I think there would be very few rival to match performance of Optimum. Jar is big and cleaning is easy too.

edithvale

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

This Is The Best Blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2015

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

I test blenders for a living - the Froothie Optimum 9400 blender is the one that I own though

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2015

I'm a Nutriitonal Food Scientist. For my research I assess how food processing affects nutrient release in smoothies and purees. While I have access to some of the most expensive lab grade blenders, I personally own a Froothie Optimum 9400 blender. I've used everything from common household appliances like Breville and Sunbeam to Vitamix, Nutribullet and Waring. The quality of the Optimum 9400 blender and the products that are produced from this blender are at a minimum on par if not much better with more expensive blenders like Vitamix. It out strips the Nutribullet. The motor keeps on going - no kidding. Based on my own experience and research into blenders, not only do I own 1 for myself personally, I also have 2 Optimum 9400 blenders in our sensory test kitchen at The University of Melbourne - it is such a great blender.
Purees, smoothies, soups, nut butters, omelette batters, pancake mix, protein pudding desserts, minced meats, you name it, it can do it.
As a personal owner: I totally recommend this blender. As a research scientist, l would have no qualms recommending this blender above the other brands and food processors that I have researched.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Not as good as it's supposed to be I'm afaid

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

I have been very disappointed with the Froothie Optimum 9400. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but I'm not impressed with it at all as others seem to be. I looked at a lot of reviews before purchasing.
I find it does not make smoothies very well. . It is very hard to get stuff out because of the height and narrow bottom of jug. Also I have had no success trying to mince even the smallest amount of chicken or beef - I understood that this was possible. Even breadcrumbs test it.
I've had to reset nearly every time I've used it for longer than say 15-20 seconds.
I was looking forward to using it but I'm afraid it was a complete waste of money for me.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hi Mazza! We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. As per the thousands of online reviews globally, the issues you are facing are very unusual. The Optimum 9400 shoul... read more »

Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Mazza, I received your private message on Product Review that things seem to have improved with your blender If you experience any further issues or believe the unit is faulty, please contac... read more »

I am getting on a bit better with the Optimum and some issues have been resolved. I would like everyone who reads my review to know that this company has offered me a replacement or refund. They ... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

AMAZING Blender - Smoothie & Raw Dessert Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

You can't go wrong with the Optimum 9400 it is extremely powerful and will blitz absolutely everything into a nice smooth consistency... Whether its regular smoothies, green smoothies, soups, raw desserts or anything you fancy - I highly recommend this blender! Mine has been used almost every day since purchasing it about 8 months ago and I LOVE it!

1 of 57 pages

Does the optimum blender use any non stick elements inside the jug that come into contact with food? my daughter is highly allergic to non stick. Thanks

Pearl Collins asked on Jul 23, 2016

Hi I'm interested in getting one of the Optimum model, I wanted to know what's the difference between the model 8200 and 9400. We are really tight on our budget and would like to carefully consider all the pro and con before purchasing one of these. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Fruit juice lover asked on Jun 29, 2016

Answer this

Good afternoon,

The Optimum 9400 is a higher quality appliance to the Optimum 8200. Below is a summary of the differences:

- The Optimum 9400 Vortex blender has a faster and more powerful motor. This leads to quicker blending and better consistency for thick contents
- The 9400’s blade assembly have more seals and better quality custom-made alloy ball bearings, leading to increased longevity and the ability to be used commercially with no issues
- The longer blades of the 9400 also allows it to chop, grind and slice more effectively
(Note: The 8200 still has longer blades than most competition like Omniblend for example)
- The 9400 has an iron cooling fan for the motor vs. plastic for the 8200
- The Optimum 9400 has one of the industry’s most advanced PCB Boards for the motor equipped with Automatic Torque Control, meaning the motor will automatically change power based on what you are blending, leading to better performance and increased longevity
Although the 8200 is less advanced than the 9400/9200A blender it is a great affordable blender, still better than other high speed blenders in the same price range and even some more expensive blenders like Omniblend, NutriBullet, Breville and Sunbeam.
Independent reviews of the Optimum HIGH-SPEED blenders here:

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Have a lovely day ;)

Do you deliver New Zealand?

Allison asked on Jun 23, 2016

Answer this

HI Allison :)

Froothie has a New Zealand branch that you can order from - www.froothie.co.nz
The stock is in Auckland ready to be dispatched :)

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Support team by phone on 0800 741 369 or via the 24/7 Support Website at www.froothiesupport.com

Have a lovely day