Froothie has recently been encouraging their customers to write reviews. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers.

Quite disappointing

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2016

I thought this would be better than the average Philips blender given the price. But I am not that happy. I used it five times now and it seems like I keep having to use the tamper (which, in turn, easily gets scraped by the blades, leaving black plastic in your food). Also I was doing a relatively easy job (making nut butter) and while it was already fairly smooth, it suddenly stopped and after pressing the reset button, it still didn't switch on. When calling the (Dutch) customer service I found them not the most helpful. I was sent some tips by e-mail and it seemed quite impatient to me. Reading in the manual, I find out that one should move to highest speed as quickly as possible, but my experience with highest speed is that it constantly sticks to the sides. It doesn't seem like a very high quality kitchen equipment if I need to use the tamper after every 10 seconds. That way a mortar and pestle would work better than this.

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Cooking Fanatic, I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our team in the Netherlands, we will investigate the matter ASAP. Your blender seems faulty as making nut butter is a... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Used every other day to make nut milk and it's a dream

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

I am so glad I bought this blender. Had it for about a year, use it regularly and sometimes with quite hard things that gives the blades/motor a work out but she always comes through! Blend frozen fruit for kids ice-cream, make nut milk, general puréeing, raw treats. Have shorted out the motor a couple of times but there's a trip switch at the bottom and after giving it a bit of time to cool down it's been fine.
I have recommended this blender to all my friends, two of them have also bought it and are very happy also.
My only criticism would be that it has a plastic jug which after a year of being battered around with nuts, is a bit scuffed. A glass jug would be ideal.

Tauranga NZ

Optimum 9400

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

It seems OK, maybe I was expecting big things. I find if blending ice it seems to struggle getting going. Also seem to have to use the stick a lot to get everything moving to try to blend up. Maybe am use to a more heavy duty commercial machine which seem to have no problems blitzing everything without any input from me.

Melb

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

The best blender I have ever used and I've tried a few!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2016

I purchased this blender a few months ago, and I couldn't be happier with it - especially after my horrible experience with other brands. I purchased the nutribullet last year and it blew up after only 3 months of home use! Then I purchased another blender from another big known brand for $300 and after a few uses it gave off a toxic burning smell that filled the house. I was so disappointed with those brands and the lack of value for money of these heavily marketed products, so I began to research blenders and I came across Froothie! aah
The
Optimum 9400 is miles and miles ahead of other blenders on the market. I have used industrial blenders before, and the quality of this Optimum 9400 is exactly that - an industrial grade product at a fraction of the cost.
It purees my smoothies perfectly - the taste is brilliant, and the texture is soo smooth! I look forward to making my smoothies each morning because of this product - honestly don't waste your money on the other brands - this is truly an exceptional product!

Great powerful blender

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 29, 2016

The Optimum 9400 has been a joy to use the last couple of months since I have it. Have used it nearly everyday to make all sorts of smoothies and soups. The jug is well made and easy to clean and is more durable and a lot lighter compared to glass jugs. A big plus in my opinion.

The only thing that was below my expectations with this blender is how smooth runs. With the jug empty distinct rattling noise is emitted when running at the lower speeds. When the jug filled this rattling noise damps out a bit, but still remains quite noticeable. Even though this does not affect the blend results it still influences the overall experience of the machine, that's why I've rated it 4 out of 5.

• 1 question
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Best investment ever for healthy life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2015

I have never imagined that blender can be this powerful. I mostly use it for smoothies, soups and almond milk. You can put chunk of any vegetable, fruits and in few seconds whizzzzz --- great smoothie is ready. Motor and blade is so strong and powerful, no other normal brand can match it, I think there would be very few rival to match performance of Optimum. Jar is big and cleaning is easy too.

edithvale

Verified Purchase

This Is The Best Blender!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2015

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 answer
  • 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

I test blenders for a living - the Froothie Optimum 9400 blender is the one that I own though

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2015

I'm a Nutriitonal Food Scientist. For my research I assess how food processing affects nutrient release in smoothies and purees. While I have access to some of the most expensive lab grade blenders, I personally own a Froothie Optimum 9400 blender. I've used everything from common household appliances like Breville and Sunbeam to Vitamix, Nutribullet and Waring. The quality of the Optimum 9400 blender and the products that are produced from this blender are at a minimum on par if not much better with more expensive blenders like Vitamix. It out strips the Nutribullet. The motor keeps on going - no kidding. Based on my own experience and research into blenders, not only do I own 1 for myself personally, I also have 2 Optimum 9400 blenders in our sensory test kitchen at The University of Melbourne - it is such a great blender.
Purees, smoothies, soups, nut butters, omelette batters, pancake mix, protein pudding desserts, minced meats, you name it, it can do it.
As a personal owner: I totally recommend this blender. As a research scientist, l would have no qualms recommending this blender above the other brands and food processors that I have researched.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

Not as good as it's supposed to be I'm afaid

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

I have been very disappointed with the Froothie Optimum 9400. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but I'm not impressed with it at all as others seem to be. I looked at a lot of reviews before purchasing.
I find it does not make smoothies very well. . It is very hard to get stuff out because of the height and narrow bottom of jug. Also I have had no success trying to mince even the smallest amount of chicken or beef - I understood that this was possible. Even breadcrumbs test it.
I've had to reset nearly every time I've used it for longer than say 15-20 seconds.
I was looking forward to using it but I'm afraid it was a complete waste of money for me.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Optimum Appliances Official

Hi Mazza! We are very sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. As per the thousands of online reviews globally, the issues you are facing are very unusual. The Optimum 9400 shoul... read more »

Optimum Appliances Official

Hello Mazza, I received your private message on Product Review that things seem to have improved with your blender If you experience any further issues or believe the unit is faulty, please contac... read more »

I am getting on a bit better with the Optimum and some issues have been resolved. I would like everyone who reads my review to know that this company has offered me a replacement or refund. They ... read more »

Verified Purchase

AMAZING Blender - Smoothie & Raw Dessert Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

You can't go wrong with the Optimum 9400 it is extremely powerful and will blitz absolutely everything into a nice smooth consistency... Whether its regular smoothies, green smoothies, soups, raw desserts or anything you fancy - I highly recommend this blender! Mine has been used almost every day since purchasing it about 8 months ago and I LOVE it!

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

The Only Blender You Need To Know About!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2015

I overheard 2 people talking in a cafe today about blenders, and I literally interrupted them to tell them how much I love my Froothie - it's that good! Having been in the market for a really great, all-round juicer/blender/smoothie maker, I have been amazingly satisfied. Fantastic product, excellent customer service, and a fun recipe book to get you started.

1 of 57 pages

Can you please tell me where it is made?

krish asked on May 20, 2016

Hi Krish :)

The Optimum 9400 High Speed Vortex Blender is designed and tested in Australia.
Its assembled in Taiwan with parts sourced globally.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask our 24/7 Support team at www.froothiesupport.com

Have a lovely day :)

Froothie Support Team

Taiwan

So how do you do soups? Raw vegetables in, blend and heat? Or do you have to cook the soup some other way and then blend in the froothie?

lgm asked on Mar 30, 2016

Answer this

Hello Igm and thank you for your query.

The Optimum Vortex Blender is a unique appliance capable of freezing ice cream or heating a soup. For hot food processing, the Optimum has the option of blending food at a HIGH speed, spinning the six stainless steel blades with the power of the 3HP motor to produce friction heat. In a few minutes, the soup or other food will be served steaming hot.

We provide a recipe book which includes many amazing soup recipes :-)

For further queries please contact our 24/7 Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards

I had just decided to purchase a Vitamix Pro 750 as many other blenders on the market seem to be unable to compete but now really think I would be happier with the Optimum 9400, price being especially appealing for an appliance that seems to have similar specification and excellent reviews for ability and after sales assistance. I just would like to clarify that the jug is BPA free, will blend hot or near hot soups without damaging the jug or blade assembly and can blend hard vegetables for smoothies easily without bouncing all over the benchtop and I would also like to know the warranty details should the machine fail. I am careful with any appliances and adhere to manufacturers instructions as I generally purchase at the top end of the market and make my decisions with care.

T asked on Dec 27, 2015

Answer this

I have further researched some of my above questions and found my answers through other review articles but can anyone tell me why Optimum have not had issues with blacks specks in their jugs when from my reading it appears as though the same plastic is used by Vitamix, Optimum, Blendtec and others?

Hello T,

The Optimum 9400 comes with a 2L BPA free Jug and is absolutely able to blend hot soups and hard vegetables with ease without causing damage to the blade assembly or Jug.
The Optimum 9400 hammer-forged stainless-steel blades are designed and tested to be used over 300 times per day in a commercial environment and are of extremely high quality.

Your warranty is covered by our 24x7 Warranty and Technical Support online team who resolve over 97% of warranty claims. In the unlikely scenario you have to return your machine for inspection, we have nation-wide as well as international service centres available to promptly repair your appliance. The warranty covers both labour and parts :-)

For further queries you can contact our 24/7 Support Team at www.froothiesupport.com

Kind Regards :-)