Filter By:

Easy and Inexpensive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

After paying astronomical storage fees for years, I finally had the funds to return to Melbourne to clear and sort my storage and ship it to Vancouver, Canada. OSS Made the process easy. 13 boxes of household goods - mostly photos, clothing and a few knick knacks cost me $1066 to ship. OSS picked the boxes up from the storage facility and 3 months later, the transport company in Vancouver contacted me and emailed me the customs documents. A quick trip into the customs office to get it stamped, and my goods were delivered to my home a few days later. Since there were no large items and no new goods, I didn't have to pay a customs fee. I was very stressed about this process, but OSS made it seamless.

Glasgow

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Will use fine print when it suits them

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

We recently moved 10 boxes from Australia to the UK. All the OSS staff were courteous and mainly attentive but we had a few issues with additional charges and lack of communication. Firstly we were charged £85 for a random customs inspection and told we had to pay this straight away or risk being charged storage fees. We did so as we had already been waiting just under the contract specified 3 months but when the boxes arrived there was no sign that any had been opened, no customs stickers and we still have not received any proof of the charges from OSS even though we have asked repeatably. This has left us wondering why we were blackmailed to pay before they provided proof and why they have not provided that proof. Secondly we were asked to pay an additional £50 to deliver the boxes 2 extra flight of straits which turned out to equate to a rate of £300/ hour for the additional 10 minutes work. When we complained that it felt like we were being held to ransom we were told these charges were in accordance with the contract. However, when the boxes failed to be delivered on the due day there was zero communication, even though the contract specified that this had to happen. This does not recognise that people work and have to rearrange there day to receive goods but they can't even be bother to pick up the phone - presumably because they are unable to charge extra. So while the staff are courteous we feel the company will use the fine print to make unreasonable extra charges when it suits them.

Comments
OSS World Wide Movers Official

Hi Bruce, Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the issues you’ve experienced in the UK. Your comments are always appreciated even if we would prefer that your experience had been more... read more »

Awesome International/Local Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

OSS are fantastic...they took ownership of our shipping container from NZ and the team that delivered and unpacked it was very professional, funny and efficient. Then we decided to move back to NZ and they came and packed up a 3 bedroom home in less than a day and it was delivered to NZ complete, undamaged and within 10 days of it leaving Brisbane. I would very highly recommend using OSS for organising transport of your household good. THANKYOU OSS :)

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Best removalist services!! Don't look further

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

I would recommend OSS as it is the best experience I had with removalist. I moved my two bedroom apartment from Melbourne to New Caledonia. Moving is stressful enough not to mention moving overseas. OSS made the move very easy and stress free from the first phone call. Their services are fantastic and the staff very friendly, patient( had a lot of questions) and professional from the office staff to the removalist. The New Caledonia removalist when delivering were very impress by the quality of the packing and so was I.. nothing broken and delivered in time . A big thank you to the OSS entire team for making my move feeling like a holiday.

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Exceptional Service! Very professional and efficient.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2017

I would highly recommend OSS for moving overseas. I moved a one-bedroom apartment from Melbourne, Australia to Colorado in the United States and the move went smoothly. From the moment I contacted staff in the Melbourne office, until the time the shipment was transferred over to their US affiliate, I have nothing but great things to say about them. Renee, Jodi, Yvonne, and Dragana were efficient, professional, helpful and friendly. Most of all, they were so incredibly patient and understanding with all my questions and my levels of stress that go along with moving one’s worldly possessions overseas. The packing crew that showed up to wrap and box all of my items were equally efficient and professional. They were on time and completed the pack out within a few hours. OSS certainly knows how to do customer service! I was also able to track my shipment from the time it left Oz until it arrived in the US, which was great! When I move again I would 100% use them again. I had a wonderful experience.

Melbourne, VIC

Excellent services!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I moved about half of a container from Melbourne to Auckland a few months ago. Renee was really good and kept following up on things during the inquiry stage as well as covering when I had requests on correcting the form at a later stage. Melinda and Susan are also very helpful and understanding. The 2 packing staff were very efficient as well. Overall - excellent services!! Sorry I have been so busy with work and family, just didn't have time to sit down and write review until now. I'm sure you guys will keep up the good work. Thanks very much!

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Everything handled with utmost care.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Moved 10 boxes from NZ to Melbourne & everything arrived in perfect condition thanks to the very careful packing service provided. Kept informed every step of the way, shipment arrived a little earlier than expected which was good also. Would definitely use this company again in the future if needed.

Outstanding Professional Movers

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Moved a 2 bedroom apartment from the Gold Coast, Australia to Hawaii, USA. The experience was entirely stress -free. The excellent service extended from Australia and continued all the way through to the OSS Partner in Hawaii (M Dyers and Sons). OSS met and exceeded all expectations.

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

UK to AUSTRALIA

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Fantastic & Seamless Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Highly recommend OSS for any move. I was moving back home to Ireland after living in Sydney for over 20 years so had accumulated a lot of items. From the initial contact with the team in the office, to the team that came to pack up all my belongings in Sydney & the team that delivered them to me in Ireland, they could not be more helpful and professional. The entire process was exceptionally easy and I was able to track my shipment when ever I needed. The team also kept me informed of the process and assisted in all the paperwork for customs and insurance needs. Would have no hesitation to recommend and use OSS again.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Goods shipped from Brisbane to Auckland

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Was extremely impressed with the efficient service received from the office (Jacqueline)and the sales person (John) prior to packing day. Jacqueline promptly responded to all my queries and nothing was too much trouble. When the packers arrived we were impressed with their personable approach and the care they took in packing all our goods, especially the fragile items. OSS have delivered outstanding service and certainly reduced the stress associated with a very stressful time.

1 of 15 pages

Hi there I want to sent some boxes of personal belongings to Auckland New Zealand from Brisbane qld Where about is your office in Brisbane as I live in [personal detail removed] And what time the office close Thanks Ajesh

Raj asked on Jun 07, 2017

Hi Raj,

Yes we can certainly help with your relocation to Auckland.

Our Brisbane Branch address is W3, 8 Osprey Drive, Port of Brisbane, QLD, 4178.

Our office hours are 7.30am - 5.00pm and we can be reached on 07 3348 2500.

Regards

OSS World Wide Movers

Are their members of staff trained? Who by?Are their staff uniformed?

melbourne asked on Nov 11, 2016

Answer this

Yes all staff members are put through rigorous training programmes both internally and externally. This includes but is not limited to Customs & Quarantine Training courses, AFRA & FIDI packing, wrapping, and safe handling courses, FIDI Academy Courses, as well as training by accredited Australia providers specific to the roles our staff are performing. More details are available on our website including short videos of our packing crews in action.

Beautiful question, Thank you OSS for answering this question and thank you for answering this question.

Training is so important for customer service, but the more important thing is how we incorporate this into our daily work route. We will always deal with different situations during our day that may not be as straight forward as our training. This is where a combination and understanding of our own abilities, knowledge, team support and communication comes into play when giving a quality of service. Understanding each other both internally = within a team and externally = each an every clients needs, will help each individual experience to be a pleasure. This also goes with customers being professional towards the business you are dealing with.

We are all people wanting our days to be happy and joyful and to succeed in our daily commitments and challenges with as much ease and support as possible no matter whether we are a customer or a person serving another.

Know that it is ok not to know something and or want to know something. There is always someone or something out there that will support you and give you the answers you are seeking.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response to the initial question asked.

Hi, do you have an office in WA?

Angela asked on Sep 06, 2016

Hi Angela,

We have offices in Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne, but can assist with other locations as well. If you call us on 1300 796 366 and we would be happy to discuss your relocation requirements and your best options.

Regards