OMG - GHD, Who are they?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

All I can say is WOW. My daughter (15) wanted her own straighteners for Xmas as she was using my GHD's. I spent weeks reviewing different brands and once I read all the great reviews about Ozhead I continued to research them. They have a great warranty and appeared that they honour it without question plus the price was fantastic compared to others. I ended up buying them and the mini one and some other items and what a great bargain it was. When I opened the box I thought they had my order wrong but no, just for buying Australian they had incl uded some little gifts which was awesome and so nice of them. Then the big test, how did they work? I did my daughters hair which is very sun bleached as she is a lifesaver and pool swimmer so she has a lot of sun and water damage. Whenever we have straightened it with the GHD's it went very lifeless and brittle looking but not anymore I couldn't believe it. Not only did it not leave lines if you left it even a second too long but it was super straight but had body and looked like healthy hair, it was fantastic, I couldn't believe it. So next was my hair, bleached for years and years and I get lots of flyways when I straighten but not with the Ozhead ones, even I looked like my hair was healthy and the serum they sell helps make it look even better. Your hair moves, bounces it's amazing that's all I can say. I have recommended them to my hairdresser and she tried them and said when her others die she will be buying these, as is my neighbour. I can't stop raving about them. When my GHD goes I will definitely be buying these and I love that we are supporting an Australian company.

Love this straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

Heats up super quick with no noticeable heat loss. I have very thick, long, course wavy hair and it went through my hair with ease. The casing is light but I'm happy that it is, it takes a while to do hair. I have previously owned a ghd which finally died and was looking for a cheap replacement. I wasted my money on two department store brands and then found ozhead online. So glad I did! It was reasonably priced and definitely a genuine competitor to the big, high end brands on the market. Would recommend over and over.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hey Teegee. I'm so stoked that you are happy with it :) We spent a huge amount of time getting the ceramics and temperatures right during our development so that we could solve the "My hair has a m... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Would repeat without a doubt!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

For two years I have been using this article practically every day and I can say that I am delighted. It heats up in a few seconds, my hair slips very well and with an average temperature it works perfectly.
Would repeat without a doubt!

Nathalie Roqueta Knaack
c/Emili Vendrell 21 2 2
08440 Cardedeu
Barcelona

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Thank-you so much for the lovely review Natalia. I'm so happy that it's working well for you :)

Melbourne

Doesn't pull your hair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

This is the best hair straightener I have used. It doesn't pull your hair like the other ones do and it has ceramic plates that helps to protect your hair from heat damage. It is fairly light weight and great for travelling.

Fabulous product, fabulous customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Fabulous straightener, heats up and is ready to use instantly. Great results. Five star customer service from an Australian company - well done. I won't buy any other straightener now and tell all my friends how good Ozhead are.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Nadine. Thanks so much for the review :) I'm so happy that you found it as easy to use and that the performance was awesome :) If you ever need any help please give me a shout. Warm regards. Dave.

south australia

Verified Purchase

Did not like it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2016

I bought ozhead after reading great reviews here as it sounded amazing. I received the straightener and wasn't too impressed I straightened my hair and it took longer than my other no name brand straightener. I tried the vibrating function and just thought it was a gimmick to be honest. Finally finished straightening my hair and went out and started to frizz out like crazy. Not happy with it and have given it away now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Linda, I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good experience with our straightener. We really want you to be 100% happy and FYI we have a no quibble 14 day money back guarantee. It could be that y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers

Verified Purchase

Amazing product and even better customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

I brought my first Ozhead straightener back in 2006 or 2007 and it has been amazing and still working to this day. I then brought one of the new units for my step daughter for Christmas last year and decided to buy one for myself also as I was very curious about the vibrating plates. I am so unbelievably happy with the purchase and the new straightener is even better then the original (I'm glad they changed the colours from the baby pink too

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Thank-you so much for the lovely review Shea :) I'm so happy you love the vibrating plates as well. We're quite proud of them as it's quite a unique feature and it makes so much difference in the s... read more »

Excellent straightener, excellent customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

I owned an original straightener that died nearly 4 years later. I was so sad, loved that straightener. I called OzHead to order another one, as they are so great. Gave me a huge discount and a heap of other goodies with my purchase. This straightener was even better, with vibrating plates, it went through my thick, frizzy hair so easy. Unfortunately it developed a fault with the cord just recently, however still in warranty just over two years later. OzHead were fantastic, sent it back and they gave me a replacement, no questions asked. The 3 year warranty and customer service is amazing. Thank you so much, very happy. Kerry

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Kerry. I'm so glad that we could help you out :) Thank you so very much for the great review, and if we can be of any help down the track please let us know. Good luck with the Frizz :) - Have ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Amazing results

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2016

I just recently purchased this product and it is everything I expected, I used a vibrating straightener overseas and was blown away by the results, unable to use the brand this side of the globe I searched for a similar product and found ozhead, my hair is thick and frizzy and most straighteners tend to last about 15 minutes until the humidity hits then my hair turns frizzy at the ends again. this is one of the only two products I have ever been able to use on my hair and get perfect all day long straight hair, couldn't be happier. Oddly enough i had a few questions and never heard back from the company but I did receive the product within 3 days (kiwi) so I'm happy about the shipping time.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hey K. Thanks so much for the review. I'm so happy that you found the results great :) The vibration mode does have some huge advantages with taming unruly hair. Did you find it really reduced the ... read more »

There is definitely something very special about vibration mode that sets it apart from every other straightener which is specifically why I did my research to find you guys, just leaves a much smo... read more »

OzHead ThinkPink Official

Cheers K :) Yes we've had a load of people comment on how fast it makes the hair straightening process especially with people that have hair that just doesn't know how to do as it's told :) All the... read more »

Awesome Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2016

I have owned an OzHead hair straightener for a couple of years and have found it wonderful. Unfortunately it started to be erratic about heating up but as it has a 3 year warranty I contacted the company to ask what I should do. They were prompt to respond and all I had to do was send the old hair straightener back and they replaced it with a new one. My daughter also has an OzHead and I have always found the company friendly and prompt in their service. It's hard these days to think of any company that offers a 3 year warranty and it was wonderful to deal with a company that keep their word and did not quibble to replace my old hair straightener. I would thoroughly recommend them!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Janet, Thank you so much for the lovely review :) I'm glad the replacement got to you quickly despite the Easter post delays. Have a wonderful weekend and please let us know if we can ever assist further :)

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Awesome Aussie product!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2016

I bought this product as a replacement for my old cheapy straightener. I wanted a quality product but didn't want to pay the extra for brand name like GHD, cloud 9 etc.
I searched product review and with so many awesome reviews and being an Australian product thought I'd give it a go & couldn't have been more satisfied. I bought the pack with the mini straightener & use both products.

The main straightener is very efficient at straightening my wavy but fine hair even when not on maximum. It hasn't snagged my hair & leaves it smooth & shiny. It heats up quickly & I love the adjustable temp setting on main product.

They also have great customer service which is very rare these days & sets them apart from the rest.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Thank you so much for the lovely review :) It is very appreciated that you took the time, especially over Easter :) Enjoy the rest of the break and lots of love from all of us at OzHead.

You are most welcome

Love love love my ozHead straightener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2015

I got my oz head straightener about a month ago I luv it my hair is really curly i mean really curly it heats up quick and straightens my hair very quickly and when done my hair stays straight the whole day yay very happy would recommend this to all my friends and family

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for the review - It's very much appreciated:) We just started a special on our website to get a free extra straightener using the code FREEBIE in the checkout so please le... read more »

1 of 15 pages

My daughter and I have thick course curly hair and want to buy a straightener was thinking of a ghd but too expensive. We would like to give your product a go what can u offer please?

Jeannie asked on Jan 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeannie - Thanks for getting in touch. At the moment we have a coupon deal, just use MEGAOFFER at the checkout to get 20% off and free shipping. We and have a 14 day full refund if it doesn't work for you. I think you will find it amazing for thick hair. We also have a 3 year full replacement warranty if anything ever goes wrong. Can't beat that :) Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Kind regards. Dave

Does the mini hair straightener have the same description/features as the MKIII?

Leny asked on Dec 11, 2016

Answer this

Hi Leny, No not really. The mini iron only heats to 200 degrees and isn't a replacement for a professional straightener. It is however handy for fringes, ringlet curls and for an emergency top-up as it's small enough to keep in a bag. Hope that helps :)

Hi , I am looking to buy a hair straightner for my 16 yrs old daughter with heavy and loose curly hairs. Which model and brand should I go for ? Any recommendations ? Cheers! Sakshi.

Sakshi Kalra asked on Nov 25, 2016

Answer this

Hi Sakshi, The ozHead MKIII is our latest straightener and that's great on thick hair. It also has the auto-shutoff feature = good for teens :) At the moment the best deal is the goody box, which comes with the MKIII, heat protector serum, heat mat and a mini hair straightener which is great for travelling, top-ups or small curls. The pack is at www.ozhead.com.au for $189.95 and you currently get 20% off with the coupon 'megaoffer' plus free shipping. We also do a 14 day money back guarantee (that starts from Christmas day for gifts) and a 3 year replacement warranty. If you need anything else please drop me a line to admin@ozhead.com.au :) Kind regards Dave

See all 17 questions about OzHead ThinkPink MKIII