not great at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

After doing much research I decided to give ozhead a go. I've had my straightener for only 2-3 months and I didn't feel like it was doing a good job and I never like to complain, but my hair would frizz out fairly quickly and it felt dried out. Today I turned the straightener on and the plate popped out and burnt me and I needed to turn the straightener off! I'm horrified after this exprience and don't want a replacement. Not happy with the quality and would steer clear

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Mak, Crikey.I must say that I've actually never heard of that happening, ever. Please can you get in touch (I sent you a PM with my direct number) so that we can see exactly what went wrong ther... read more »

Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Thanks so much for such amazing delivery service....it was at my door the next day and in time to make sure my hair looked great for the family photo shoot!! The product is really great, heats up quickly and is easy to use. Thanks so much for the added extras too...what a great Aussie company!

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Susan, I'm so happy that you loved our product and that you got it in time for the photo-shoot - Always happy to help in an emergency :) Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hair straighteners as well. They help us a lot !!!!!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Love them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Thank you so much for the awesome straighteners (and all the goodies!). I used the straighteners yesterday, they are great! Super quick, smooth..such a difference with the vibrating pads and my hair frizzes easily so it would take a few goes to get it smooth with the old straighteners. I found they heat quickly, got to get used to temperature control. Thanks for creating a great product..and nice to be able to support a local business.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Alexa - Great to hear you got to beat the Frizzles :) Was that with the nutrient serum or just the straighteners? Thank-you so much for the review. It means a lot when people take the time to gi... read more »

Hi! It was actually just with the straighteners and was really pleased with the result. I used the serum after straightening (as I was going to be out in the damp/humidity later in the day)..my hai... read more »

Beyond Relieved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

I'm not going to lie, I was nervous to take a chance on this straightener. I stumbled upon this brand whilst doing a product review search for a new straightener. I've had the same GHD for at least 8 years now and it's been good to me (although not good for USA holidays), so I was just going to purchase a new GHD, until I read a few bad reviews. The reviews for the OzHead ThinkPink seemed almost too good to be true but as I'd seen a couple of magazine articles, I figured they must be legit. I took a chance because of the great reviews on the pr oduct itself, but mostly I wanted to give an Australian company who prides themselves on their customer service a go. I was not disappointed. I purchased a 2-pack and went halves with a friend - what a great option. Not only did we both save money but OzHead threw in some awesome freebies. The purple is quite pretty and will stand out in the depths of my overnight bag. So before I've even turned the straightener on, they've got 3 ticks! The instructions say that the flashing light will stay on once heated up, however I found the straightener continued to heat up a bit beyond this point to a heat that rivals my old GHD (that straight-hair-burns-your-neck type hot), so my initial concern that it wasn't as hot as I'd hoped was alleviated - still took less than 1 minute to reach peak heat. I tried the vibrating function - to be honest, I couldn't really tell the difference, but I haven't experimented enough yet. I've tried waves and they've stayed in even without hairspray/styler.

I've never been motivated to write product reviews before this experience. My relief, coupled with the urge to reward this small company prompted me to write this one. Thank-you OzHead for the freebies and an excellent product that I really didn't need to worry about in the end!

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hey Jess. Thanks for taking a chance on us :) I'm so glad that you're rapt with it. You'll find that it works just as well overseas as well, although it takes a teeny bit longer to get to temperatu... read more »

Australia

• 5 helpful votes

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Bec :) Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. Having a family with 4 daughters I know exactly what you mean LOL. You know, we've found exactly the same thing over ... read more »

OMG - GHD, Who are they?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

All I can say is WOW. My daughter (15) wanted her own straighteners for Xmas as she was using my GHD's. I spent weeks reviewing different brands and once I read all the great reviews about Ozhead I continued to research them. They have a great warranty and appeared that they honour it without question plus the price was fantastic compared to others. I ended up buying them and the mini one and some other items and what a great bargain it was. When I opened the box I thought they had my order wrong but no, just for buying Australian they had incl uded some little gifts which was awesome and so nice of them. Then the big test, how did they work? I did my daughters hair which is very sun bleached as she is a lifesaver and pool swimmer so she has a lot of sun and water damage. Whenever we have straightened it with the GHD's it went very lifeless and brittle looking but not anymore I couldn't believe it. Not only did it not leave lines if you left it even a second too long but it was super straight but had body and looked like healthy hair, it was fantastic, I couldn't believe it. So next was my hair, bleached for years and years and I get lots of flyways when I straighten but not with the Ozhead ones, even I looked like my hair was healthy and the serum they sell helps make it look even better. Your hair moves, bounces it's amazing that's all I can say. I have recommended them to my hairdresser and she tried them and said when her others die she will be buying these, as is my neighbour. I can't stop raving about them. When my GHD goes I will definitely be buying these and I love that we are supporting an Australian company.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Bronni :) Oddly enough that's pretty much how this company got started. Our daughter wanted a set of the "expensive" name brand a few years ago for Christmas but not only were we looking down th... read more »

Love this straightener!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

Heats up super quick with no noticeable heat loss. I have very thick, long, course wavy hair and it went through my hair with ease. The casing is light but I'm happy that it is, it takes a while to do hair. I have previously owned a ghd which finally died and was looking for a cheap replacement. I wasted my money on two department store brands and then found ozhead online. So glad I did! It was reasonably priced and definitely a genuine competitor to the big, high end brands on the market. Would recommend over and over.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hey Teegee. I'm so stoked that you are happy with it :) We spent a huge amount of time getting the ceramics and temperatures right during our development so that we could solve the "My hair has a m... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Would repeat without a doubt!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

For two years I have been using this article practically every day and I can say that I am delighted. It heats up in a few seconds, my hair slips very well and with an average temperature it works perfectly.
Would repeat without a doubt!

Nathalie Roqueta Knaack
c/Emili Vendrell 21 2 2
08440 Cardedeu
Barcelona

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Thank-you so much for the lovely review Natalia. I'm so happy that it's working well for you :)

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Doesn't pull your hair

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

This is the best hair straightener I have used. It doesn't pull your hair like the other ones do and it has ceramic plates that helps to protect your hair from heat damage. It is fairly light weight and great for travelling.

Private message

Fabulous product, fabulous customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Fabulous straightener, heats up and is ready to use instantly. Great results. Five star customer service from an Australian company - well done. I won't buy any other straightener now and tell all my friends how good Ozhead are.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Nadine. Thanks so much for the review :) I'm so happy that you found it as easy to use and that the performance was awesome :) If you ever need any help please give me a shout. Warm regards. Dave.

south australia

Did not like it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2016

I bought ozhead after reading great reviews here as it sounded amazing. I received the straightener and wasn't too impressed I straightened my hair and it took longer than my other no name brand straightener. I tried the vibrating function and just thought it was a gimmick to be honest. Finally finished straightening my hair and went out and started to frizz out like crazy. Not happy with it and have given it away now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Linda, I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good experience with our straightener. We really want you to be 100% happy and FYI we have a no quibble 14 day money back guarantee. It could be that y... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 3 answers

Verified Purchase

Amazing product and even better customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

I brought my first Ozhead straightener back in 2006 or 2007 and it has been amazing and still working to this day. I then brought one of the new units for my step daughter for Christmas last year and decided to buy one for myself also as I was very curious about the vibrating plates. I am so unbelievably happy with the purchase and the new straightener is even better then the original (I'm glad they changed the colours from the baby pink too

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Thank-you so much for the lovely review Shea :) I'm so happy you love the vibrating plates as well. We're quite proud of them as it's quite a unique feature and it makes so much difference in the s... read more »

1 of 16 pages

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017

My daughter and I have thick course curly hair and want to buy a straightener was thinking of a ghd but too expensive. We would like to give your product a go what can u offer please?

Jeannie asked on Jan 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jeannie - Thanks for getting in touch. At the moment we have a coupon deal, just use MEGAOFFER at the checkout to get 20% off and free shipping. We and have a 14 day full refund if it doesn't work for you. I think you will find it amazing for thick hair. We also have a 3 year full replacement warranty if anything ever goes wrong. Can't beat that :) Please let me know if I can help with anything else. Kind regards. Dave

See all 19 questions about OzHead ThinkPink MKIII