Was a xmas pressie

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2013

Its ok does the job no better than the last one i had for $50. No auto switch off if you leave it on have done this twice now for 24hrs and the plates stopped vibrating properly after i left it on. Its a year old this month. Prob should have insisted my husband by the ghd i wanted since all these products are overpriced and it was a xmas pressie that im now not happy with.

- I just thought after reading so many good reviews it would be a better product.

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Theresa, Your straightener is still well within the 3 year warranty and we'd be more than happy to replace it :) As its failed within the first 12 months we will also refund your return postage.... read more »

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 review
  • 1 question
Private message

Good straightener but style doesn't last

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2013

+ Glides through effortlessly, makes hair feel soft

- Style doesn't last , frizzy within minutes, might be better for someone with thin hair

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hi Shiv. Thanks very much for the review. There's a couple of things that are worth trying. You should get really 'great' results with a long lasting hold - we've always had a great outcome with ... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Mixed feelings

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2013

Been using the OzHead for about 6 months now. Initially it was really amazing and now the vibration function only works occasionally. It does still heat up quickly and I think it's good value for money.

As many others have said, customer service was amazing. If only the quality of the product is also as good I'd happily pay more to get another one.

+ Value for money, Customer service, Performance is OK.

- Don't expect top of the line quality

Comments
OzHead ThinkPink Official

Hiya, The vibrating function is also covered by the 3 year warranty. Please get in touch and we'd be more than happy to fix you up with a replacement asap :)

OzHead ThinkPink Official

(P.S. If your iron goes wrong in the first 12 months, we will also refund your return postage to get it back to us. Repleacements are typically sent out the same day we receive them. I hope that we can fix you up :)

Melbourne

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 7 helpful votes

Not sold!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2013

I bought this and a Halo ceramic at the same time, used each on either half of my head. The Halo left my hair slightly silkier but only just so I thought I'll wait and see how long each last. I have a lot of hair longish and very curly. I straighten once a week as my hair is quite dry and my ghd just stopped working after 8 years. I tried this both in vibrating mode and not. Didn't really see any difference. A couple hours later I looked in a mirror and the Ozhead side had gone all poofy and back to wavy. Had to straighten it all over again. V ery disappointed! I had been inside my house and it wasn't humid weather or anything. After reading all these reviews I'm shocked and disappointed that this didn't work for me considering the price was great, I love that it's made in oz and the company seems to be very customer focused. I will be returning this as its within the 14 day money back period, shame it'll cost me another $20 or so in shipping though :(

+ Great sleek looking machine, good design with quite a few functions.

- Did not work for my hair.

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated? Thanks

Lee asked on Jun 25, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for considering us :) Our straighteners heat up to 230 degrees with variable heat control, plus we also have vibrating plates that make the straightening process a lot easier. We also have a 3 year replacement warranty and a 14 day money-back guarantee for you to try them out. At the moment we're also doing free shipping Australia-wide and you can use the discount code MEGAOFFER too and get 20% discount to-boot :) I hope you will give us a go.

Hi Lee
I can't give you any feedback on the SAS sorry don't even know anyone who has one.

My Ozhead - I've had I a few weeks now and I can honestly say my old GHD that this replaceyd was NEVER anywhere near as good as my Ozhead. The Ozhead leaves my hair dead straight and it stays that way all day. I have a fringe that curls up as soon as I leave the bathroom. Not with my Ozhead.

If I use the hair serum with the straightner. My hair stays straight for up to 3 days. Well that's as long as I was prepared to test It. I have always had to wash my hair every single day up until I started with the Ozhead. It's awesome waking up to straight hair and not having to wash dry and style it every single day.

Everyone's hair is different of course. But my experience on my hair is fantastic and I'd highly recommend the straightner and the serum.

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017