• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2009

great product. Loved it, and reccomend it to anyone looking to buy a GHD but don't necessarily want to spend the money... and as I said, in my opinion it's better haha.

+ I LOVE this product. I got the "thinkpink" straightener as a gift, and I was amazed at how quickly it heats up. It literally took seconds. I have a GHD IV styler as well. their shells are very similar, but I actually think the Ozhead is better and quicker.

- nothing really, except the name "thinkpink" doesn't do too much for me.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 21 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2010

This hair straightener is really good value for money. I'd have to vote not quite as good as a GHD but it's close, and amazing for the price. Better than the expensive silver bullet straightener that I used before buying this one too.
Heats up really fast and straightens very quickly. I usually go over each section of hair twice and it's dead straight.

+ Heats up really quickly. Makes my hair dead straight. The heat mat is really great, never need to worry about burning surfaces etc again.

- Really just the colour. It makes it look cheap. Still, at least it's distinctive.

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Heats up quickly, affordable, Tough - I can't keep count of the amount of times ive left it on for days at a time, dropped it, stepped on it and its still in top shape

- The only con I can think of is the colour fades on the straightner after a while i've had mine for 2 years and around the heat plates it's lost a bit of colour - which isn't at all a problem for me but could be for some people.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 19 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Absolutely brilliant product, I love the adjustable temperature control. I have fine, easily damaged hair and this straightener effortlessly straightened my hair on the lowest heat setting. The plates glide through the hair without any dragging or pulling at all. It looks fantastic (I have the black one, although I did like the pink one as well), it is easy and comfortable to use, heats up super fast and it is beautifully presented in gorgeous packaging.

- None - although I would love to see this product available it more salons or retail outlets for more people to see.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

It's fantastic and would recommend it to anyone. I have long, thick hair and it works really well. Goodbye GHD in my books ( too overpriced)

+ Does everything that a GHD does (curling and straightening) but is better and cheaper!
- it has tourmaline plates which means it is alot less damaging on ur hair and makes if feel beautifully silky and smooth after. Seriously read up on Tourmaline plates in straighteners as i cant belive that GHD have not brought out tourmaline plates in their straighteners.
- It has a three year warranty which is great
- Its Australian owned and delivered within 2 days

- the product information sheet could have been a bit more detailed with the product with product specification and curling instructions etc.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 29 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Fast Heat Up, Temperature Control, Heat Mat, Swivel Style Cord (Won't damage the cord when curling your hair, because the cord doesn't twist like some GHD's do!)

- The Colour...no offence but eeew. On the website the colour looked okay (when i looked again i realised they are different colours) but in reality i have to admit it is one of the most ugliest shades of pink ever and looks so tacky and cheap. The delivery also sucked it took 4 days to arrive even though they promise 1st class overnight delivery in Australian Capital Cities. Plus they told me it would arrive 3 days after I ordered it, arrival date was suppossed to be a Thursday, I skipped work to be home when it came but nothing arrived and finally it arrived on the Friday.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 23 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ This product is fantastic....overnight delivery...excellent value and works wonders. My hair actually feels the best it has for quite sometime...its long (down to my waist)very thick and the hair itself is thick.After using this product for about a month I can say it looks healthier, feels smooth and soft.Heats up in seconds...no more leaving it turned on in advance.My hair does not get caught or pulled by the straightener. if I have to "touch up" after sleep and shower, it takes just a quick run through for less than a minute.

- lol...the colour...being a "blue person"...but the product is
fantastic...so...thats all that matters.

23 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

I bought this as a gift for my wife. She thinks it's fantastic, much better than her old (much cheaper) straightener that died on her. It heats up very quickly and straigtens very easily. I bought it based on the reviews from this site and have been very happy so far.
I have to say though I was a little wary of how reliable the product and/or company was. Thought maybe these reviews were all from realtives of the owners of the company! Then when I purchased on their website it just seemed a bit dodgy. When I hit the purchase button after putt
ing all my details in it took me to a page with a whole lot of gobbledygook. That really scared me. I hit the back button and it took me back to the purchase page and I (with much hesitation) hit the purchase button again and this time it went through okay. But it didn't give me a receipt # and there were no details on how long it would take to be delivered etc. I did receive a confirmation email a minute later which was a relief, but I still went to bed feeling a little nervous about it all. Thankfully though all was ok and 2 days later I had an Oz Head hair straightener in my mailbox.

+ Works beautifully, heats up very quickly

- Pink colour is a bit cheap and tacky looking

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

i highly reckomend better than GHD my sister has a GHD and steals my oz head all the time!!! i love this product

+ fast effective aussie made and owned

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

The service, packaging and delivery was awesome. The product is up there with the best and it's Aussie so why wouldn't you buy it!!

+ It heats up fast, works a treat and is pink!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 12 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2010

+ Excellent quality with an excellent price and.... It's produced by an Aussie company! The standard of customer service I was given when I had queries was excellent also.

- I had no dislikes!

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 14 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2010

These things are male stress relievers. Worth every cent.
I took a gamble. My wife's GHD's had packed in after 5 yrs. My wife wanted new
GHDs. Both daughters also had GHDs. Gamble - can I find better? My wife was adamant that GHD's were the best available. I saw you product reviews and saw you offered a 2 week money back guarantee if we thought they weren't the best. I bought them. 2 days later they were here in Perth.
My wife looked at them in distain. They were not GHD's. I told her to give
them a go. All sorts of excuses came for the f
irst week. "They are new
plates..... My hair's really clean... " and other wifey claims. 2 weeks into
the new straighteners and she has admitted these are actually better than
GHD's. I was right. Does she want to send them back and I'll buy the GHD's?
NO. She wants to keep the Ozheads. Price was irelevant in my wife's
happiness but Ozheads were cheaper. Bonus!! Ozzy made. Bonus!! 3 yr
warranty. Bonus!!
A happy wife makes my life far less stressful.

+ kept the wife happy 'cos they're better than her broken GHD's(did last 5 years though!)

14 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 17 pages

Looking to buy a new hair straightener as my old GHD is on borrowed time. Very interested in the Ozhead and also the SAS. They seem to be quite similar in function, price and reviews and I really cant decide which to get. Any information would be appreciated? Thanks

Lee asked on Jun 25, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lee. Thanks very much for considering us :) Our straighteners heat up to 230 degrees with variable heat control, plus we also have vibrating plates that make the straightening process a lot easier. We also have a 3 year replacement warranty and a 14 day money-back guarantee for you to try them out. At the moment we're also doing free shipping Australia-wide and you can use the discount code MEGAOFFER too and get 20% discount to-boot :) I hope you will give us a go.

Hi Lee
I can't give you any feedback on the SAS sorry don't even know anyone who has one.

My Ozhead - I've had I a few weeks now and I can honestly say my old GHD that this replaceyd was NEVER anywhere near as good as my Ozhead. The Ozhead leaves my hair dead straight and it stays that way all day. I have a fringe that curls up as soon as I leave the bathroom. Not with my Ozhead.

If I use the hair serum with the straightner. My hair stays straight for up to 3 days. Well that's as long as I was prepared to test It. I have always had to wash my hair every single day up until I started with the Ozhead. It's awesome waking up to straight hair and not having to wash dry and style it every single day.

Everyone's hair is different of course. But my experience on my hair is fantastic and I'd highly recommend the straightner and the serum.

Hi a few days ago you had a deal for $189.95 whivh included a mini straightener, heat mat, serum etc. I cannot see that on the website anymore. Do you still have that or when is it coming back ?

Puneet asked on Mar 27, 2017

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Marlin asked on Mar 25, 2017