shane3737 - Where do i check the automatic transmission oil 206?
posted on Jun 09, 2012
Years of production: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
The Peugeot 206 is a supermini manufactured by the French automaker Peugeot since 1999.
The most beautiful car in its class is also the most intelligent. The 206 range features an array of smart ideas to make your life easier - and even more enjoyable.
+ The Look, the size and it is economical.
- See above review, door indicator faulty, fuel gauge faulty, directional indicator faulty etc etc.
- NB: mine's the GTi
- very fast; handles excellently, reasonable fuel economy but demands premium unleaded
- extremely well equipped: great stereo/CD player, power windows (fast, which is good), rain sensing wipers, climate control, front and side airbags, 4 wheel discs with ABS
- 'puntability' of this thing is great, change down a gear and sink the boot, and it just FLIES
- chuckability: roadholding/grip/handling just great
- many complain about quality, but mine's been totally reliable, never missed a beat, now has 96,000 k's on it
- expensive to service - City Peugeot in Melb are very expensive, and will tell you to do stuff you don't need to - watch out
- other than that, nothing really. My only gripe is that it lacks a bit of character - I used to have an Alfa Sprint that was certainly not lacking in that dept, and the Pug just feels a bit 'cold' in comparison...
+ The 206 is fuel efficient and stylish. I love the little things like the inside light coming on when you remove the keys - great when you are exiting the car at night. I love the sensors that automatically decide how fast the windscreen washers should go in rain. Brakes are excellent - very responsive.
- The accelerator pedal is too close to the brake - that's ok for my small feet but men have difficulty with not pressing both pedals at the same time. Services are expensive and the brakes need work more often than other cars. (Services are best done by Peugeot dealers with Peugeot specific equipment and knowledge).
- accelerator close to brake pedal
+ Very economical!!! Will run on the smell of an oily rag!
- Servicing and repairs are very Pricey!!!
+ I dont like anything about it.
- The gearchange, the engine, horrible car. Overall build quality. I could build a better car out of a washing machine.
+ Still looks good, handles well, good fuel economy.
- Unreliable, awful clunky gearchange, expensive to service, Sydney dealers are a bunch of money-grabbing morons.
If you manage Peugeot products, register now and take advantage of Product Review's Brand Management Platform that allows you to submit public replies to customer questions, reviews and comments.