Review rating:

Date Purchased: May 2017

I love this appliance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

After being freaked out by my old pressure cooker for some time, I saw the induction pressure cooker being demonstrated by JackieM of JackieMFood.com and was impressed enough to order one from PHA. I was very taken with the voice assistant! My pressure cooker arrived within a few days and I tried my first meal using the basic methods outlined in the PDF recipe book to make a quick chicken curry. I used Jackie's Kapitan curry paste - half a packet to 500gm chicken thigh meat and 270gm coconut cream. I also used some Brussels sprouts to make a mo re complete one pot meal. I fried the paste in a little oil on the deep fry setting until it became fragrant, then added the chicken and coconut cream. I set it to braise and stopped it after 20 minutes. The I added my Brussels sprouts ( peeled, halved and brown in oil) and continued the braise for 10 more minutes. It worked perfectly! The recipes are a good guide to using several functions in one dish and can be easily converted to your own recipes. The clean up was so quick and easy. I love this appliance and am using it a lot!

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Excellent addition to kitchen!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I started using this when a friend bought it for me as a house warming gift and it's great. So far have made soup and beef cheeks which my husband loves! What I would love to see is a recipe app so it's easier to know what to cook in it.

Love this machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

i wasnt sure about electric pressure cookers but i went ahead and bought this as i needed a new slow cooker and i am glad i did!! i waited to purchase the machine and it was well worth the wait. the only down side is it would of been handy to have a recipe book sent with it.

Cranbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

This is a great pressure cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Great cooker

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I reviewed many cookers before deciding on the Optimum Induction Pressure-Cook Pro. It looks good and I'm very happy with the price. Haven't used it enough to offer an opinion on the performance, but so far, so good. To include a recipe book with the cooker would complete the package.

Purchased at: Froothie

Kemps creek, Nsw

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 18 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Optimum induction pressure cooker love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

Waited for a very long long time for this awsum machine .well worth the wait,and worth the discounted price of 299.00.looks are beyond others out there.performance is fantastic.i am loving this have made apricot chicken slow cooked.. also a beef one pot with veggies pressure cooked..taste is out of this world.. this does everything and is packed with saftey features to.. good bye to my stove pot ,and hello to this beauty...JUST WAITING ON THE RECIPE BOOK AND THE WARRANTY CARD.HOPE THIS COMES VERY SOON

Purchased at: Froothie

I have had mine for 12 months now and have done 1roast in it but not confident using it as it doesn't have a manual or recipe booklet can you please help?

Danmar home asked on Jun 18, 2017

Answer this

There is a PDF recipe booklet available that has recipes demonstrating all the cooking methods. Perhaps Prestige Appliances can help to make the link easier to find? It is buried in the middle of the text and needs to be highlighted.

Thank you but I still can't find it and good idea on suggesting prestige make the link easier to find

I have just received my optimum induction pressure cooker which I'm very excited to start using but because I have never used a pressure cooker before i am vary unformilur with the cooking process and was wondering if you have a cook book for this appliance? Many thanks Jackie

Jackie asked on Jun 13, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jackie, there is a link to a PDF cookbook on Prestige Appliances site. It's a bit hard to identify but about halfway down the page you'll find a reference to recipes. Click on that and it links to the downloadable cookbook. It has recipes for most of the functions with several that use multiple functions in one recipe. I found it helpful to get me going. Good luck with your cooker - I'm very happy with mine.
Karen in Tasmania

Thank you so much for the information Karen, I will have a look this afternoon, I know any information regarding the cooker will be a great help.
Very much appreciated. Jackie

Very much appreciated. Jackie

Just wondering what type of inner pot this has, I see Non-stick coating on the website but it doesn't specify what type and doesn't specify if it's ceramic etc. Any problems with the non-stick coating coming off, this is why I'm looking at replacing my current cooker.

banditeer asked on Apr 24, 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for your message. We use the American Whitford 8088 and 8089 which is a very hard and durable material.

We hope this helps :)