• 4 comments
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 850330 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Lemon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2017

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear customer, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. However, due to limitations from the website, we are unable to search fo... read more »

Details sent via email Though after yesterday's effort with your customer service I'm not expecting much. Again it's clear your 12 month warranty is flawed and this models pilot light issue has b... read more »

Phone call from Rheem, asking about the problem then surprise surprise you have to pay $147 for someone to come have a look,

bayswater

• 1 answer

Model: 850330 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

my Rheem Stellar 330 model water heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

It might be too early to write this review. Since it was installed approximately a month ago by the qualified licensed plumber to replace the old one (different brand), I do not have any problem with it. It looks great and works well. I hope it will keep doing well for the years to come. I am enjoying and happy with my hot shower or bath every time.
(Tax invoice 04684)

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Lany,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a great day ahead!

Kind Regards,

Verified Purchase Model: 850330 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

why did Rheem make the front of system plastic.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

Hello I have had the Stellar 850 series 330,360 model, only 1 month, my dog took out a cheap plastic panel on the right, WHY would Rheem make a product that sits in the yard where a dog can get at it, why not make it solid like the rest of the Stellar. What if a child was able to do this & play with the gas. Not much safety concern went into this design. Now i have to buy a replacement part, & go into the expense of fencing it off. I am on a widows pension who cannot afford this, if I had known how easy it would come off, I would have chosen another brand. I will be complaining to other authorities.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Lyn, We appreciate the feedback and would like to investigate the issue. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, o... read more »

I sent all my details to you, thank you for replying

Date Purchased: Oct 2011

Pilot light !!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Just moved into a new address and after 3 days pilot light has gone out a few times so no hotwater in morning .Cannot put up with this already ! Miss our rinnai hotwater system never ever let us down for 11 years straight. I definitely would not recommend the Rheem stellar.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Customer, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please provide your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer rel... read more »

Model: 850360 Date Purchased: Mar 2009

Pilot needs to be relit often

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2017

Since the installation there was always problem with pilot needing to be relit. Always when there was a windy day.I had a technician from NGW fixing it for me (again) on 10/12/2016 at the cost of a call ($165). One month later on 11/01/2017 pilot blew out again. This time I was not charged.It worked until 14/01/2017. It blew out again and I could not relit it.I'll call the wonderful service people from NGW on Monday.When it works is great but the reoccurring problem with pilot has put me off purchasing a new Rheem product.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Marg, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations te... read more »

Perth Australia

• 4 answers

Model: 850360 Date Purchased: Oct 2010

Bang bang bang

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2016

Good looking system adequate size for a growing family but depending on where you live, precautions need to be put in place when the system is installed to avoid the mineral build up that is causing us grief at the moment. Those precautions being a stronger anode and soft water filter as recommended to prevent the mineral build up (I have no idea if that would work as have not tested over a period of time myself)

I've have the system in my house new from when we built in 2010, it started making a bubbling/popping/banging noise about 5 years
in like when you boil a kettle, but hadn't really paid much attention to it as the rheem (25+ years old) at my folks place did the same thing and we just flushed/descaled it and got all the minerals out.

This noise would not normally be an issue, but my 22 month olds bedroom sits right next to it, it makes a loud bang/pop in the dead of night and wakes her up crying. Again this usually wasn't a problem because we hardly used hot water that late at night, BUT now with a new born we're up ever 2-3 hours and have to use hot water so that makes for 2 screaming kids at all hours of the night.

I found the rheem service team over the phone friendly and the service guy very helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros:
Design, I think it looks good
Size, enough for a growing family
Hasn't failed and pilot light hasn't gone out like other reports

Cons:
Design, no drain point awards the bottom of the tank to flush the system
Mineral build up makes a heck of a noise and to get rid of it you'd need to buy a whole new system.

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear customer, We appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to the relevant managers. If you need any assistance, please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au,... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 850360 Date Purchased: Aug 2014

Like every other review - pilot light faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Unit is only 2 years old however the pilot light started to falter just after 14 months. Started to go out every week or so but then progressed to every day or two. Now it doesn't light at all! Rang the Rheem service department to be told it is not covered in the 10 yr warranty and I would have to pay a service fee per hour.

Terrible service and product!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Mike, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations wi... read more »

Hi Rheem, now 3 days without hot water and over 24 hours since I emailed your customer service team with no response...... any chance of getting in touch?

Rheem Official

Dear Mike, We have been advised that our customer relations team have contacted you and is currently waiting for further information from you. If you could kindly please respond to the email with ... read more »

Model: 850330 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Worst

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2016

Was talked into Rheem after having my Dux for 16 years with no problems.Within one month already pilot light had to be relit and this morning woke up to explosion sound with insulation and lid blown all over the place. Terrrifying experience.Customer care by name ...they were drones..unhelpful despite gas and fire and explosion situation

Purchased at: Service Today

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Taline, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations ... read more »

Perth

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Model: 354295 Date Purchased: Aug 2015

Another Pilot Light going out constantly

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

We have had a Rheem Stellar for the past 15 years with no issue so had no problem purchasing another for a new house we have built as an investment. Just as others are complaining, within weeks of the warranty ending the Pilot Light goes out every couple of days. When we rang we were given the standard story about wind but as we live very near by to the new home and our Rheem Stellar isnt going out decided to have a look online.Scores of the same complaint listed. Rheem insisted on a pre authorised credit card before attending, told it was $1 43.00 but they have pre charged $350.00 before even looking at the unit. I know that the unit should still be covered as I have spoken to Consumer Protection. Rheem should be ashamed of their customer service. There is obviously a problem with the latest models but they still insist of charging customers for what is a known problem with their units.Consumers are entitled to expect things to last a reasonable time and 13 months on a $1500.00 unit is not reasonable The product must be fit for purpose and I will take the matter further if necessary. I wouldnt recomend it until they sort the issue of the Pilot Light out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ali, We are sorry to hear about your situation. However, we are unable to look for your details with the username from this website. If you could please send your contact details through to rhe... read more »

Rheem did the right thing by their customer and replaced the faulty part - No Charge!

Sydney

Model: 850330 Date Purchased: Nov 2014

Bad warranty period

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

We bought and installed a Rheem gas domestic outdoor water heater with ten years warranty in 11/11/2014. The pilot light has started to keep going out since July 2016. Firstly it happened once every month, then frequently once everyday. It is frustrating you have to relight it every day.

We called rheem three days ago, but were told the pilot part is out of the warranty and the ten years warranty is just for tank and we have to pay for fixing it. This is unreasonable. Ten years warranty is just for tank. The key part, pilot part, just last m
ore than one year working properly. The quality is totally not acceptable.

If we could see the product review before, we definitely wouldn't choose Rheem. Every one talk about same problem. We miss our old water heater (not Rheem) which last more than ten years without any problems. And we are really disappointed with Rheem's product quality and services. We sent email but without reply till now.

Don't choose Rheem! I definitely won't recommend Rheem to anyone I know. Poor quality! Warranty is just a joke to customer!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ally, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations wi... read more »

Hi Rheem, send you email several times but just have one reply. You still want to charge me extremely high labour fee, $143 first 30 minutes, then $27.5 per 15 minutes after..... it's unacceptable... read more »

Hi Ally,

We appreciate your feedback and is sorry to hear that the resolution provided did not meet your expectations. We will pass your feedback on to the relevant managers.

Model: 850360 Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Major fault 2 months after warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

I had the natural gas model installed 15 months ago. Two months after the warranty ran out the unit stopped working. We have had the main gas valve changed and it is still not working. Now Rheem want to charge me $145 per half hour to look at the unit and rheem technical support are saying over $400 in part probably as they replace the whole burner unit and main gas valve as a complete unit now. Expensive hot water if I need a $290 call out and $400 worth of parts once a year. I would definitely not recommend this unit. It is not right that som ething with a 10 year cylinder warranty stops working after 14 months. It only has a 12 month warranty on parts. I won't be back Rheem and I will be sharing my experience with everyone that I can. I will also be submitting a written complaint to rheem in preparation for a complaint to consumer affairs. I am so tired of companies selling a premium product at a premium price that don't follow through on the promises.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Troy, We are sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations wi... read more »

Model: 850360 Date Purchased: Jun 2009

location of Anode

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2016

Unit is working fine, no problems at all, but i want to check / replace anode as its now 7yrs old. Where is the anode, have looked all over the unit, removed top cover nothing there either.Unable to locate any literature or info online or from Rheem website on this

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Robert, Thank you for the feedback. If you could please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer relations will contact yo... read more »

1 of 6 pages