Prices

• 1 answer

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Nov 2008

Good in Theory, Not in Reality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

To start with, my Rennai Infinity 26 REU-V2626WG(50)-AK continuous hot water system was specified by my builder and installed when my house was built. It has been operating without fail for 8 years, so it has been reliable. So why do I have a problem with it?
I live on the Gold Coast, every summer the mains water temperature gets to around 25 degree Celcius. When having a shower in summer the hot water turns on and off as the Rennai Infinity 26 switchs on and off due to the low hot water demand flow rate. Consequently in summer I have cold sho
wers as I've given up trying to have hot showers because the hot water stops and starts. This will also occur with all other hot water outlets in my house, I have either full hot water or cold water. As soon as I adjust the tap mixer to warm the hot water turns off.
My Rennai instant hot water systems is good in theory but in reality it's annoying. I do have continuous hot water but not continuous warm water which is what I actually want most of the time. I'm now thinking of installing a gas heated hot water cylinder connected after the Rennai Infinity 26 so I get reliable warm water at any flow rate.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Apr 2017

Not happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

Bought a brand new house and moved in 4 weeks ago and the builder installed the 16 unit per the developer. The hot water seems to come through quicker in the shower but the basic vanity tap seems to take ages and wastes a lot of water. This is also the case in my kitchen - not happy as want instant hot water and no wastage of water.

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Oct 2015

Ok when weather is warm, doesn't work in the cold

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Tim. It is certainly not normal for the unit to act in this way. We would like to investigate this further for you. Could you send your contact details to us via the enquir... read more »

Goonengerry

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2009

Lightning strike

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

It was great till lightning hit my house now its dead as and no one is willing to help me ,,,,just shell out for a new one no way that's going too happen,,,,,and now I have to write an essay too submit this what a joke now is this long enough for you

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the comment John. Have you had the unit inspected by a Rinnai authorised plumber? Depending on the damage, it may be possible to repair the damage. We would recommend calling our 1st C... read more »

Canberra

Model: 20 Date Purchased: May 2017

Written Material about the product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I have searched the internet for 2 hours and I can find no reference as to whether or not the Infinity range 16, 20 B26, 26 requires an electrical power point at or near to the position of intended installation of the product. We need to find this information before we purchase the item.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review She, all the units in the Infinity range require a power point in order to operate. Our website has downloads for each of the products, including Operating and Installati... read more »

Thank you. I needed that information. We need to install it where there is no electricity. Your response is really appreciated. She

Model: 32 Enviro Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Very Good Product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

Very good model. Good looking and easy to use. Though quality of the main body looks bit think but it is ok once install it. Also installation process is very easy. It consumes less power I guess. makes it very cost effective. I have noticed reasonable benefits of using the product.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Shashi, we are glad to hear you are happy with your unit, from installation to usage.

Merrimu

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

B26. Excellent, and that's all there is to it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

I Purchased a Rinnai B26 instantaneous water heating unit to replace the ridiculously hopeless Dux gas booster that was part of our Dux gas boosted solar system and the system has never worked better. We had the Dux system installed new 7 years ago when the house was built and it's been thoroughly hopeless. The instant the Rinnai unit was fitted just after Christmas the system performance increased dramatically and we have a truly endless supply of piping hot water. Simply superb, but then I've come to expect that from Rinnai. Our last house had a Rinnai Infinity that was ten years old when we sold the house, and I'd happily bet anything you like that it's still going just fine.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review George5793, we are always pleased to hear when our products are just the right fit for our customers.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Mar 2003

The Best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

We installed an infinity 16 in our motorhome so it gets shaken and bashed as well as dust, salt air and very extreme heat and cold.
It's still working like the day we installed it over 13 years ago. The deluxe controllers give is the power to save water as well when living on a water tank.
Not to mention we have many children on board so it's made our travel life so much more comfortable. We wouldn't recommend anything else and if it ever fails we'll be buying another Rinnai.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Holiday Road. It's great to hear your INFINITY 16 has served you so well over the years.

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Would never recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Had this less than 2 years and hated it from day one. Will only work if tap on full blast. Terrible water wastage as it takes so long to heat - I live in a very small house. Can brush teeth and wash face and only then is it coming hot. Not hot enough to take grease of frypan so have to boil kettle. Been told I'm fussy. Never had these issues before. Don't buy.

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Argee, we are sorry to hear you are having so many issues with your new unit. Continous flow models do need a minimum flow rate in order to operate but the unit itself will s... read more »

Sydney

• 4 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 26 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

B26 ... can't fault it so far after 2 weeks.( hence 4 stars at this point)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Beardy Bonce, we are glad to hear the unit is working well for you. You are correct before hot water will reach the tap it does need to push out the water that is in the pipe... read more »

Absolutely... anything else would pretty much defy laws of physics:)

Adelade

• 7 answers

Model: 16 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Great system

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Fantastic
Ihave a B16, not an infinity 16- not sure of the difference, but its always hot and the pressure is always there. Not had a problem with mine.
Its actually hotter than the last heater which was a 20 year old Bosch, plumber recommend Rinnai, even though it was a bit more cost than the Bosch

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

Thanks for the review Kcir62, the unit you have is part of the builders range we offer and we are pleased to hear it is working well for you. We wish you many more years of continued use.

Melbourne

• 5 answers

Model: 20 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Worst hot water system I've ever had in my life.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

I will never buy or recommend a continuous flow hot water system ever again in my life. It took so long to save for it, and now I have to start saving for a new one. One with a tank that I have always been happy with. I trusted the plumber when he raved on about it, and he called me negative when I said what some of the reviews said. Now I realize those reviews were 100% true. It's a heap of crap!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rinnai Official

We are sorry to hear your disappointment in your new hot water system Tereze and would like to investigate further if there is anything we can do to help. We find most issues are easily resolved if... read more »

1 of 12 pages

Had a rinnai infinity 26 installed last week and not bery happy with it. Water takes a long time to get hot upstairs and not hot enough in kitchen downstairs, and goes hot and cold if i put the tap on to rinse plates. Is this normal?

Denise asked on Jun 21, 2017

Answer this

Thanks for the question Denise, there are a number of things that could be causing the issue with your unit. The time taken to get to a particular tap will depend on how far pipework is from the unit. Once the hot water starts it will have to push all the cold water in the pipe out before the hot water is reached. We would suggest calling our technical help line on 1300 555 545 with the model and serial number of the unit (this can be found on a data plate on the left hand side of the unit). They can troubleshoot with this information and suggest a solution for you.

Have had our 26B installed for just less than two years, has provided great hot water even in -2 degrees, however had water turned off today and now water is luke warm and won't heat up. Any ideas on what the issue may be? We live remote and local plumber is usually busy.

Lyn asked on Jun 20, 2017

Can anyone help with error 11, we have gas . We lost power to our suburb and when came back on this error came up

Tracey asked on Jun 18, 2017

Answer this

Thanks for the question Tracey, if there has been a power cut you may need to reset the unit. You can do this by unplugging the unit and leaving it unplugged for 3-4 minutes. Then plug back in and try turning a hot water tap on, if this doesn't work call our technical help line on 1300 555 545 and they can try troubleshooting with you.

See all 109 questions about Rinnai Infinity Range

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

26 16 20 26 Enviro 26 Touch 32 32 Enviro 26 (Internal) 24 * 26 SmartStart *
Price (RRP) $1650 $1195 $1395 $1895 $1650 $2079 $2299 $1650 $1683 $1858

* Discontinued

The main difference between these models is heating capacity, efficiency rating, features