Perth, WA

• 6 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

So so

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Not sure which model that I have exactly however I have had mine for 5yrs+.
It was good at first but now I wouldn't recommend it.
You are better off buying a manual grinder.
They drain batteries like no tomorrow.
One of the LED lights on them has died.

Brisbane

Model: RHPK1000

The pepper mill didn't work from the day I received it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

Received as a gift. Apparently the gift giver received this as a promotional giveaway but had no use for it so gifted it to me about a year later. Salt mill worked but pepper mill wouldn't work. Called Russell Hobbs but apparently it was old stock so they said there's nothing they could do. Pretty poor when it was a brand new item! Can't help but think that promotional items are old faulty stock they want to get rid of! Personally I think electric grinders are a gimmick.

Model: RHPK4000

Great!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

Bought a few weeks ago and so far it is great. The grinders are used every day and haven't had any issues so far. Compared to our last grinders these are much quieter too. The only small complaint is the amount of salt that comes out is a bit excessive and if you shake the grinder then more comes out, so just press the button briefly then shake it and voila!

Adelaide, South Australia

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Model: RHPK3000

Extremely disappointed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

These are a complete waste of money. Grossly underpowered for peppercorns despite requiring 6 batteries in each grinder, and you can completely forget about rock salt. Utterly useless for the task, just an overpriced, non-functioning decoration - no practical use whatsoever.

The best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Best style far better than any of the new styles should bring this style back the latest style does not perform well at all to adjust the plus and minus is a joke mind just keeps turning but does not change the grind

Melbourne

• 1 answer

Model: RHPK1000

My pepper grinder fell apart too.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

The insides fell into my meal. I thought I'd got it all, but now it's happened again. The spring clip is now missing. I think I may have eaten it!

Port Macquarie

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Really pissed off....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

Today we were using the pepper mill and it seriously just fell apart whilst in use. Even worse it was grinding whilst I was cooking above the food and the plastic somehow just snapped in two sections. One part I found, the other I didn't so I had to chuck the entire dinner away fearing the plastic obviously could have gone in my dinner and melted as it was cooking. Not to mention pepper corns everywhere over the entire kitchen. For the price I paid for these they are supposed to be (and are sold as) a premium product, what a joke.

Doesn't grind.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Put the 6AAA batteries in, pressed the button down, and got excited by the sound. Put salt in, and boom! It started grinding. Much excitement. Pushed it down a second time. No more grinding. Removed salt to check everything was in working order, and it was. Simply doesn't do the one thing it should do: grind salt.

Excellent. Long lasting

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2015

We've had these for about 4years now and they are excellent. So good my mother has asked for them as her xmas gift. One popped apart after a friend thought they were manual and tried to twist but we put it back together and all working again. I love that it has a light and it grinds with ease every time. I would recommend these to all my friends and family.

San Antonio, TX

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Received as a gift. Lasted about 2 months of light use. Spring clip on the shaft of the salt mill came off and dumped parts everywhere. Even if I took the time to put it back together, the spring clip will only let go again. Into the garbage it goes. Waste of good space in the landfill. Pity I can't give a review of less than one star.

Purchased at: Myer

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Russell Hobbs electric salt & pepper mill set

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2014

Not good at all. Not a good grinder at all. I would much prefer using a manual one. As I use alot of pepper, hoping that the electric one would easy my strain of grinding manually. Alas, it is more money down the drain with this set.

Purchased at: Myer

Surfers Paradise

Review for RHPK1000RED - Good idea but poor design

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2014

These could have been great but unfortunately they were let down by a poor design which results in terrible corrosion due to salt contact. This results in frustrating intermittent problems. Batter life is poor as well. Wasn't able to easily adjust the salt and pepper grind - the pepper grind size was especially large.

+ Nice exterior colour and finish :-)

- Corrosion due to salt, poor battery life, can't adjust grind.

1 of 3 pages

We cant figure out how to put the rock salt in without taking the salt grinder apart. Help

del asked on Jun 21, 2016

Answer this

Hi, it's a bit tricky at first, but once you've done it it's easy. You simply twist the metal top anticlockwise until the black arrow is alignened with the open padlock symbol. Then lift the metal top right off until you see the black unit that holds the batteries. That black part just lifts straight out, exposing the hole where you fill it with the rock salt. It's the same for the pepper one. Hope it helps.

How do the grinder settings work

Gladys winterbottom asked on Jul 08, 2013

Answer this

Hi Gladys, under the base of the grinder there is a round black disc in the centre which can be moved either clockwise or counter clockwise to have a finer/coarser grind :) v

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

The main difference between these models is colour