Worked for 7 years then died

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

I've had this straightener for 7 years. Was very pleased with it, like the variable heat control and heats up fast, glides fairly smoothly. The other week it decided to stop working, won't heat up, red light flashes.

Very upset as I paid $230 for it and can't afford to buy another straightener. Not sure why this happens, I don't use it a lot at all and is stored well. It seems like it's not just mine that randomly decided to stop working...

I still have the receipt believe it or not but obviously it's not under warranty anymore. Has anyone tried to fix their's and if so, where and how much did it cost?

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 7 helpful votes

Model: 230 Titanium

Worked well until it didnt, warranty replacement was quick & painless.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

Purchased in September 2015 this had been pottering along nicely doing what it was supposed to until February 2017 when it started to fail to heat up properly and after a couple of weeks of it struggling to get to temperature I decided to request a warranty replacement. As it was purchased online I dealt directly with the importer in Sydney. While anyone can have a good experience from a product that just works, sometimes things fail and how a company deals with that process is really important - in this case they were very helpful & it was quick & painless. As for how it worked, it was quick to heat up & did a great job on my hair which although fine, is very curly. Looking forward to many more fabulous hair days with the replacement.

Highly recommend!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

I love my silver bullet, Ive gone through so many hair straighteners and this is by far the best, I have very long blonde hair (bleached) usually my hair would burn even with heat products but the silver bullet styles my hair perfectly leaving it soft silky and with no breakage
Thick, thin or coloured hair the this is the straightener for you!

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 230 Titanium

Thick hair down to my waist and she tames the beast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

IN LOVE

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

The best straightener I've ever used. I have thick, curly hair and what usually takes me over and hour with a remington, Muk or GHD now only takes me 15 minutes and does an even better job than any others. It stays straighter for longer and makes my hair super thin. Absolutely love it 11/10 stars from me.

Went on fire

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

Have had the silver bullet for literally 2 MONTHS. It kept making a clicking noise. As i was straightening my hair I put it down for a second so I could put my hair down, the straightener's plate went on fire. It went on fire then quickly turned off. Worst Straightener Ever.

Unreliable and short life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

This is the second Silver Bullet Straightener I have purchased. I should have learned from the first one- it lasted 18 months before not working properly. I was told this was unusual. So silly me bought another one as I couldn't afford a ghd. This one- a 230 ceramic- hadn't even lasted that long! Maybe 14 months at best. The heat became intermittent until today when it has stopped working all together. I will never buy another one. And good luck finding the manufacturers website to give feedback. I'm very disappointed. I know someone who has had their ghd for eight years- you won't get a quarter of that time from silver bullet. Buyer beware.

Adelaide

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 230

2nd Silver Bullet to die in less than a year!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2015

I bought this Silver Bullet about 7 months ago and now it doesn't work. When I turn it on, it keeps turning it's self off and I lost the receipt so I can't get it fixed. This is the 2nd Silver Bullet I've had that has stopped working in less than a year. I won't be buying another!

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Works For Me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2015

I bought my hair straighter from eBay. I ordered it all the way from Sydney. I have to say, the wait was totally worth it.
My Silver Bullet keratin 230 titanium never EVER disappoints me. It works perfectly!
And guess what, it even came with a wonderful bonus!
Don't hesitate, buy yours now!

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Better than GHD!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2015

Bought myself a GHD eclipse less than 2 years ago and it's shat itself.. won't heat up anymore, light keeps flashing, won't even turn on properly.

Bought my silver bullet around 5 years ago - never given me any problems, has the benefit of adjusting the heat temperature.. never looking back!

Highly recommend

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Amazing For Its Price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2015

I bought the Silver Bullet Keratin 230 Titanium (limited edition gold) for my mum for mother's day. I own a glampalm, and in comparison to glampalm, it isn't as smooth or from what I've read other people describe the silver bullet as "hot knife through butter". Don't get me wrong, it's a smooth glide, but I have seen smoother. However, it does the job very quickly - takes one go for it to straighten out hair.

I think it isn't as smooth because it's titanium rather than ceramic. I've read that titanium is better than ceramic as there is a mo
re even distribution of heat on the plates. Also, if a ceramic straighter is dropped, the plates can chip and cause that horrible hair pulling problem.

All in all, my mother loved it and I really don't see any fault in it. If you're not looking to spend over 200 for a hair straightener, this is the one to go with. Don't bother with all those VS and Remington crap because they will break down eventually with their crappy heat settings and plates.

1 of 2 pages

230 Titanium

Won't heat up. Blue light flashing when I turn it on. What does this mean?

Erogers asked on Nov 22, 2016

230 Titanium

Does the silver bullet Keratin 230 titanium hair straighteners have auto shut off?

Lisa asked on Jul 09, 2016

Answer this

No I does not.

No it does not.

230 Titanium

hi all I am thinking to buy hair straightener not sure which one to buy titanium plates or ceramic plates?

kia asked on Oct 20, 2015

Answer this

Titanium plates and Cereamic plates are two of the most popular types used by styling professionals.
Although I can't really tell you which one is better, here is a short description of each:
Ceramic plates- Heat evenly, protecting hair from heat damage. Proven performance at the fraction of the cost, suitable for home usage.
Titanium plates- Fastest heat transfer for immediate and superior results, regardless of the hair's condition. Dubrability, resistance, suitable for heavy salon usage.
I hope that after reading these descriptions on both, it helped you to decide between which one is better for you!

I just bought one today - I was told that I should only use ceramic plates in my hair as my hair is blonde. Apparently ceramic plates don't damage blonde hair as much..

See all 5 questions about Silver Bullet Keratin 230

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details