Stylish and easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

What I love about this pram - super easy to fold and unfold; turns very easily; looks great; large storage basket; reversible seat; comes with carry cot (I used it for nearly 5 months); and less heavy than similar prams.
But not a 5 star pram because the smaller front hills aren't good at going over bumps and often have to reverse pram to get over very small bumps. Also would prefer a larger hood and the addition of a viewing window when baby is facing forward. Storage basket capacity is significantly reduced when use carry cot.

WASTE OF MONEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Easy to manoeuvre on flat surfaces, shopping centres etc. Not good on footpaths AT ALL, gets caught and you nearly trip over the pram.
Takes up a lot of room in boot of car especially with bassinet and am unable to use basket under pram with the attachment.
Sun coverage is TERRIBLE! I constantly have to clip and turn the seat with my Infant in her seat which isn't the easier thing to do in order to get her out of sun.
Strap are terrible to adjust!!
Overall it's a nice stylish pram but VERY impractical! Wish I bought the icandy like I planned to do !!

Melbourne, Australia

I like this pram

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

I like this pram.. the wheels is good when u turning left n right ,bassinet is big for baby (but the thing is not fit in my car but it doesnt matter) ive got rain cover which is i can use it when windy weather comming. And the basket is big enough to put some stuffs under the bassinet. For all i love this pram!!

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Sturdy, quality, lots of room

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

This pram is very sturdy and of good quality. Super easy to manoeuvre - I can turn 360 degrees on the spot. I love the adjustable height of the handles - my family and I can comfortably push the pram with our varying heights. The shopping basket underneath is huge! Though difficult to access when using the bassinet.

SIze wise, it fills up the boot of our Corolla Toyota Hatchback (2011). We can put a few small bags on top of the pram without it obstructing our view, but otherwise it's pretty packed out! It's pretty easy to fold up especially
when you have the seat forward facing, then it's just one piece to fold up. I find it a bit heavy to lift and put into the car, though it's do-able (I'm quite petite and not very strong!).

It handles quite well on paved foot paths and unpaved areas. Though have been hard to push along grass. Definitely does best when on paved walkways.

Would like the sun cover to go down a little bit more to cover baby's face from the sun. My bub's quite small so even when I had the cover all down, he still got a full face of sun! I think they've made a few modifications on the newest models to address this!

Not the best pram

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

We swap our britax e-brake which was goos on sun shade and space but the system did not work perfect to this one. The silver cross is much lighter but had some really bad things to look at.

The basket is ok when is not using the bassinet., when the bassinet is on is the most unuseful basket ever. When i went to baby bunting, the pram is on display with the seat and no the bassinet, now i understand why.

The sunshade is really bad and not fit for Queensland weather. It has no ventilation and is really bad when is hot. I haven been looking for an extension but is non in the silvercross webpage. I will look for a universal one because i need to protect my baby .

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

If I could give 0 stars I would!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bad quality, no sun protection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I bought the Silver Cross Pioneer Special Edition Eton because I thought it was pretty. I wish I'd done more research into this pram as I would not have gone down the Silver Cross route.

The pram manoeuvres well around a supermarket but out on the road or in the park it is a nightmare. The pram will not go over the smallest bumps and it can become quite dangerous as the pram tips when you do try to go over small bumps.

Now my baby is out of the bassinet I'm happy with the basket but before then it was pretty much impossible to use. I thi
nk this is why the shops do not show the pram using the bassinet.

The sunshade is dismal and not fit for Queensland weather and as it has no ventilation it gets really hot. The pram now comes with a bigger hood and ventilation but when I contacted Silver Cross they said it was not available for my version. I even tried to talk to them about buying a grey one but they didn't understand I didn't care that the chassis colour wouldn't match - I just wanted my baby to be comfortable. In fact, dealing with Silver Cross made me really angry as I found them very rude to deal with.

Another thing, the faux sheep skin that comes with the pram is not machine washable. Must be done by hand and it takes 2 - 3 days (in QLD!!!!) to dry on the line. The pram without the seat liner is very uncomfortable. Also, once washed the liner feels acrylic and nowhere near as soft as before washing.

Recently, I've had two parts of the pram literally fall off. One of the parts has disintegrated which is pretty scary. I wouldn't want the front guard (like the back guard did) to fall off when we're lifting the pram up and down stairs!!!

All in all, I would NOT buy this pram again and would advise others not to as well. It may work in England but it is not made for the Australian climate or lifestyle. Pretty but useless!

Adelaide, South Australia

Unstable and dangerous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

I've never written a negative review before. I loved this pram - it looked stylish and had all the features I wanted. When I actually used it I found a few negatives such as the sun shade which doesn't pull all the way down and the fact that you can't really use the basket when using the bassinet. I also found it not great on bumpy surfaces. I was still happy with it until one day when the front wheels hit a bump and the pram tipped over completely!! Luckily the (fiddlly) straps held my baby in. We immediately bought a new pram (bugaboo cameleon) which I'm much happier with. The salesperson at Baby bunting said they have lots of complaints about this pram. Wish I'd known that and gone straight to the bugaboo.

Gold coast

Best pram up to 25kg

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2016

So sturdy, so easy to use and navigate
The wheels are great for walks as they are treaded
So many colours to choose from
Light weight
Has both a bassinett and seat
Nice steel frame

I seriously cannot recommend this pram enough
Other prams feel so flimsy compared to this pram. My sister, sister in law and myself all have this pram

You will not be disappointed

I cannot say one bad thing about this pram.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Bought a Silver Cross Pioneer, we're now 8 months on, and we still love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

1 of 3 pages

Hi, is tyre Bassinet suitable for a every night bassinet for the baby to sleep in. Was wondering if i needed to buy another bassinet just for at night?

Dpara asked on Jan 03, 2017

Hello
My baby slept in the bassinett the pram came with until she was about 5 months old :) its big and spacious
She went from the pram straight into the cot

I wouldn't use any pram bassinet for baby to sleep
In overnight unless it passes safety standards. Most bassinets for night use require mesh surroundings sides and underneath so that baby can have good ventilation for breathing.

Pram bassinets are not safe sleep spaces so you will need to get a separate one for day naps and overnight. Or you can use the cot from birth.

Can you attach a skateboard attachment for a second child? Thanks

LLEE asked on Aug 17, 2016

Answer this

There is a lower part that you could possible attach the skate board to but I don't think so you may have go to a baby bunting and check it out .

Hey,
yep pretty sure you can. These ones From Baby Bunting are universal:

Hope that helps :)

Can anyone give me any feedback good or bad on the silvercross pioneer eton special edition please? it's the grey one. Thanks in advance

Niki asked on Apr 04, 2016

Answer this

Structurally, looks like the same version. Differences, some higher quality fabrics, styling and gloss finish.

Think my review still applies.

The Pioneers are great prams. I have seen the limited edition in store but don't have one. It looked amazing! It's a Pioneer is an awesome pram and looks so pretty!

The eton grey doesnt have a viewing window/flap on the hood like all the other colours do...thats about the only difference. But you do get some pretty things like seat liner etc. In general the main thing that annoys me about the Pioneer is the seat harness...I find the crotch strap too short and it pulls the hip straps down across the top of my little ones thighs...so much so that it leaves a mark on his legs.

See all 10 questions about Silver Cross Pioneer