Sleeping Duck Mattresses is currently offering customers a $25 Eftpos voucher to encourage them to write a review, positive or negative. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such reward. These reviews adhere to ProductReview’s Incentivised Customer Reviews Guidelines and may explain a spike in review numbers

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Better than my old mattress

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

My firm queen mattress is quite soft on top yet still supportive and firm. I was most worried about the temperature of the mattress as I've heard foam mattresses can sleep hot, but this mattress is even cooler than my old spring mattress.

I like that trying the mattress is essentially risk free with free returns, and there are multiple firmness options. It's a lot thicker than my previous mattress, but my sheet sets still fit (but the sheets were quite large on the old mattress).

I also like that the company are fairly transparent about the composition and materials of the mattress.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Very comfortable but not for me

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

I returned the mattress with no questions asked after I found it a bit too hot for my liking. My body puts out a lot of heat, and the density of the Sleeping Duck was too much in 25 degree Melbourne weather. But otherwise the mattress was super comfortable and easy to set up. Customer service at Sleeping Duck is also excellent.

Getting Down and Sleepy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

We replaced our old single bed mattress with the view of upgrading our queen bed. After the shock of the unfolding of the mattress the depth was a surprise. New fitted sheets were in order. A small price to pay. I was lucky enough to have both the hard and medium inserts and have tested both. In my case, I have arthritic hips, so the hard insert is not for me. But the medium is a dream. It “gives” in the right places and springs back if you change positions. A great pleasure to sleep on and beats the old mattress hands down. Definitely looking into the queen upgrade.

Sydney

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

The worst experience ever

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Extremely unprofessional and unpleasant delivery experience. Packaging got damaged. The mattress feels not particularly better than a popular cheaper alternative that we tried before, plus it's very heavy, lacks handles on the sides and the way the comforting layer is fixed makes it very easy to tear it apart from the base (happened to us while aligning it on the bed).
UPDATE - after posting details about my delivery experience on their Facebook page, got a call with apologies and a $100 refund, but no guarantees that a similar experience won't happen to someone else. Well, I guess it's worth one more star.

• 1 answer
  • 25 helpful votes
Private message

Sleep like duck

Great delivery
Reasonably priced
High quality mattresses.
Top layer is modular and can be changed out via zipper system for softer or firmer support.
Buy online and get delivered for free.
Fantastic

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Want a good nights sleep? Go no further than Sleeping Duck Mattresses!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

We purchased a Sleeping Duck Mattress, as ours needed replacing after many years! We were very impressed with the reviews and needs a mattress that would be more supportive and comfortable for our ageing backs, than our old one!
This one did the trick! The company is very professional and customer based, and its service and attention was great!
We love our new bed, and would gladly recommend it to anyone, who is passionate about having a good nights sleep! Thank you Sleeping Duck for providing such a quality product, at a reasonable and competitive price.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Bed is good. Me do sleep.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I sleep in bed. Bed is comfortable. I wake up in bed. Bed is warm. Bed is comfortable. I like bed. Thank you very much for listening to my experience.

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Perfect replacement mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Our previous mattress was nearly 10 years old and starting to lack support causing lower back pain. The replacement Sleeping Duck double bed mattress was a perfect, convenient and cost effective replacement, allowing for a better nights sleep and assisted with combating the lower back pain which was being experienced due to our old mattresses condition.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Great support from my Sleeping Duck!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

After struggling with many bad nights of poor sleep then waking up stiff with a painful left lower back, I decided it was time to buy a new mattress. I did the rounds of the big-name mattress retailers and became thoroughly confused as to what mattress would suit me best. Not one to make a knee-jerk decision on buying such an important item, I researched the different mattress brands on the internet. During my Google searching, I stumbled across the Sleeping Duck website. I found very positive reviews of your product and thought this was too go od to be true. I wanted to upgrade from a single to a king single. I saw that Sleeping Duck offered a 'medium' and a 'firm' mattress. I made one phone call to Sleeping Duck where the lady I spoke to was polite and friendly and answered my questions. She assured me that if I purchased a mattress, there was a 100-day trial period during which I could swap the firmness of the mattress or get a full refund.

So, I decided to take the plunge and bought a firm king single Sleeping Duck mattress. The mattress is of high quality and I liked the way it was delivered in packaging using vacuum compression technology.

I also went the full Monty and bought a new king single bed, a memory foam pillow and a therapeutic pillow to put between my legs when I sleep. Now I don't wake up every morning with lower back problems.

Thanks to Sleeping Duck, I now get a good night's sleep.

Best in the Bedroom

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

I have always suffered lower back pain and often a crick in the neck with tense shoulders. since sleeping on my new sleeping duck, I feel like a new man, and my wife is enjoying the new me in bed too :-)

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

This is perfect for back support.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

We really feel comfortable with sleeping duck,and it's not expensive when compared with other stores.no back pain. I used to get back pain with my old mattress, with sleeping duck I never felt so far.
It's really a good choice specially if you are looking for back support.

1 of 80 pages

I'm a stomach sleeper with a bad back, is this going to work for stomach sleepers?

nicmartin asked on May 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi. My husband and I mainly are back or side sleepers. Not sure about stomach sleepers. However, when you purchase a bed from Sleeping Duck, they give you a trial period, to ensure you are completely satisfied. contact the suppliers, and discuss this with them. They are good to deal with and want happy customers.

Hi nicmartin,

We've found stomach sleepers are generally more comfortable on the firm, as it gives stronger back support.
As for those with back pain, we also recommend the firm!

Don't forget, you can change firmness at any point during your 100 night completely free of charge!
So if you don't get it right the first time, we can work together to find your perfect firmness.

Please feel free to get in touch anytime if you have any further questions.

Alex @ Sleeping Duck

Do you have to clearly declare that customers are offered an inducement (gift voucher) for writing a review at all? 97% positive is exceptionally high for anything plus you pay to advertise on Productreview.com - I can't see a level playing field here. Koala mattress is the same.

Sax asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Sax,

Thanks for the question, I'll be able to answer this for you! Certainly, as per the ACCC Guidelines for incentives, if a company is running a giveaway through a ProductReview.com.au page, it has to be disclosed. You can see an example of the notices we place right here: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/carlisle-homes.html

Furthermore, you can see a clear guide that we have in our Help Centre that helps many other Brand Managers on how to run a great incentive campaign: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/218825457-Incentivised-Reviews

Lastly, with our many contacts in the Mattress industry, we are able to confrim with you that since posting this question, Sleeping Duck Mattress have informed us that they do offer an incentive for reviews. As such, we have placed a notice informing all reviewers about this.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Regards,
Jack C.
Content & Community Manager

Hi Sax, thanks for your question. We offer a $25 gift card to our customers to encourage them to write a review, positive or negative.

If you have any other questions then please let us know.

Sleeping Duck
1800 667 196

What is the price range on the sleeping duck?

millie asked on May 04, 2017

Hi Millie,

Our mattresses start at $799 for the single and go up to $1449 for the king size.
(We also have $100 off every mattress purchase this month!)

Please feel free to give me a ring anytime if you have any further questions.

Alex @ Sleeping Duck