Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent bed and absolutely top notch service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

We needed a bigger bed primarily as our queen bed just wasn't big enough for when one or two of our children would come in during the night. Having got the Sleeping Duck King size bed we not only got more room, we got something even better. A fabulous night's sleep. It is simply the best bed we have ever slept in! I didn't realise just how poor a sleep we were getting in our old bed until we started to sleep in the Sleeping Duck bed. The follow up service too is second to none. We changed the top layer to a slightly less firm one and it was changed over with no issues whatsoever and in double quick time! Great work Sleeping Duck.

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Sleeping Duck - Excellent all-round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

My previous Queen Sized mattress was getting into its 12th year and was starting to feel lumpy. It had been a great mattress through its time and I was sorry to have to move on as I thought it would cost me $2500-$3000 to replace it with a similar quality mattress. I started my online research, looking at internet purchased mattresses and straight away noticed the 'Sleeping Duck' phenomenon. I was wary of the near perfect 5-stars reviews they were receiving, suspicious that they may be fabricated. However, given the competitive prices I decided to buy a King sized medium mattress. And I am more than pleased. Firstly, I would recommend a king sized mattress to everyone; so much room, no bumping into my wife in the middle of the night. Secondly, I would recommend the Sleeping Duck company to anyone looking to get a new bed. I can't see how any other company could provide superior service. From the date of purchase in October 2016, Sleeping Duck staff have regularly rung me to see how my mattress was going. It was during one of these calls that staff made me aware of the offer of the trial of the firmer mattress insert after I had made comment that the I was still getting used to the new mattress as my previous mattress had been firmer. I took the offer and found the firm insert to make a great mattress even better. There was no cost for the new firm insert and as I didn't have to return the medium insert, I now have the choice to change the insert in/out at a later date if I have a change of heart. Really, the service seems so good I don't think it would have been an issue to return the mattress if it didn't suit me; Sleeping Duck seem very accommodating. Thirdly, the mattress is great. It is as good, if not better, than my previous, smaller, way more expensive mattress. Time will tell if it lasts 12 years like the last one, but for now I'm very happy. I have also purchased the mattress base; appears to be good quality. No issues with either delivery of mattress or the base; both arrived quickly.

Brisbane

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

ASTOUNDING PRICE, QUALITY & SERVICE ....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I have suffered chronic back, hip & neck pain for 4+ decades after a serious car accident, but not anymore! I was absolutely astounded at the quality for the great value price paid, it's far superior to our old $7k bed! Buying a bed is a nightmare with every store having their own proprietary brand-names so you can't find reviews, get price comparisons, or know exactly what you're getting. I was terrified to buy a non-mainstream "unknown brand" initially, but did days of research into Sleeping Duck. Try as I might, I couldn't find any negative s anywhere, just the total opposite in fact. The service from all staff, right through to the delivery guys was amazing, such a rare thing these days. I'm thrilled I went ahead with my purchase, and recommend Sleeping Duck to all friends, family & associates at every opportunity, because a good night's sleep and waking up pain-free doesn't have to cost the earth and is, afterall, the basis of a happy life!

Northcote

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Excellent bed & outstanding service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Purchased almost twelve months ago and I am still pleased with the queen mattress which, with constant use, is not showing any abnormal signs of sagging or wear. Their follow up service was outstanding, enquiring a number of times, with out being requested to do so, as to our satisfaction. They provided a firmer top with no charge when I said i felt i needed it.

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Awesome bed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Great support in every way! From ordering to delivery. Our old mattress was not giving us enough support and we had back pain. Now We are waking up pain free and well rested.

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Solved my lower back issues!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Like everyone and their dog, I was skeptical. I was sold on the 100 night sleep money back guarantee. I figured, if it's not what I thought it was then off it goes! I have lower back issues and have been in and out of the physio for about 4-5 months now. A new mattress is the last resort so it's been held to pretty high expectations.

We chose the firm mattress and are awaiting the delivery of a slatted bedframe as suggested by Sleeping Duck. It's been a week now and my lower back definitely feels more supported. The lower back issues haven't
gone away entirely but there's a marked improvement certainly. It's not the cheapest of the mattress in a box but we picked it because we went down to the showroom in Melbourne and they did a good job of explaining how it works without pushing us a sale.

One of the minor downsides is that it is warmer than our previous spring matrress but I'm usually cold when I get into bed so there's a bonus in my books.

Avalon Beach

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Like Sleeping On A Cloud!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

My husband and I tried every mattress and finally decided on this Beauty. We're in Heaven and look forward to Bed and a book every night. Less TV more cuddles....

Canberra

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Highly recommend it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

We bought our mattress in 2015 after doing lots of research and so far we've been very happy with our choice. It's supportive and comfortable and we would recommend it to anyone!

Gorokan

Date Purchased: Jan 2017

So far so good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I was skeptical of buying a mattress online that is vacuumed packed and arrives rolled up in cardboard but after reading other reviews I stepped out on a limb and bought it. You can choose your firmness and it comes with a 100 night guarantee and is ready to sleep on after 3hrs of being unpacked. The delivery was fairly prompt my mattress arrived within 5 working days. A lot cheaper than a good mattress in mattress store. The only reason why I haven't given this mattress 5 stars is that I have only been sleeping on it for about a week but so far so good.

CHADSTONE

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Great mattress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

We found the soft version too soft, especially if you sleep close to your partner. The firm one is a lot more comfortable but maybe a medium firmness one would be even better? Anyway it is heaps better than what we had before and by far our best mattress ever.

Perth

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2016

I really don't like how it feels

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

It is a funny thing, I climb into bed and relax on the mattress and can honestly say I do not like the feel of the thing. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just does not feel right. Not too hard, not too soft, just not quite right.
Then I go to sleep........ And I sleep soundly.... No neck pain, no back pain.... Nothing! Just 8 hours of restful sleep.
When I first got the mattress I thought I would be returning it within the 100 days..... I guess I will be keeping it after all

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Excellent quality and comfort.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I was having sleepless nights and waking up with neck pain from a pre-existing injury before buying a sleeping duck mattress. Since I have started using it I can sleep better throughout the night and have little to no pain when waking up, would definitely recommend them.

1 of 74 pages

Hi SD I would like to know if you use materials low in VOC's and fire retardant chemicals and do you have certification of this? I am currently tossing up between SD and Sleep Republic mattresses and this seems to be a difference. I am happy to hear your evaluation of your mattress compared to theirs too. Cheers Steven

Steve asked on Feb 07, 2017

Hi Steven,

We have all of our foams tested by an independent US based organisation called CertiPur-US (http://certipur.us/)
They ensure that our foams are free of fire retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, (among others), as well as being low in VOCs.

Why don't you give me a ring and we can discuss this further, I'm always happy to chat about our mattress!

1800 667 196

Hi I'm looking to buy a new mattress because the one I have is really hot it's a sleepyhead. Does your mattress retain heat as I am in my 50's and suffer badly with night sweats? Cheers Heather

HeatherT asked on Feb 07, 2017

Hi Heather,

From our customer feedback, we view our mattress as temperature neutral. Heat's a tricky one and is really dependent on the individual.

If you're used to sleeping on a foam or latex based mattress you would most likely find ours to sleep cooler, whereas a combination of springs and foam would likely be comparable. This is because the springs allow airflow and heat to dissipate. In addition, our memory foam layer has been infused with gel beads with help moderate the heat retention, and the latex layer has pin holes throughout to help it breathe.

While we have designed our mattress to stay as cool as possible while you sleep, it's always difficult to say exactly how you'll feel in it until you've slept in it. Take advantage of our 100 night guarantee and see how it goes.

If you'd like to discuss this further why don't us give us a ring, we're always happy to help people get their perfect night's sleep!

Alex @ Sleeping Duck

We live in Hobart and want to try out this mattress before ordering it. Are there any Tassie customers with a firm double Sleeping Duck mattress that we could arrange with to try out their mattrass? Thanks, Helen.

floss asked on Jan 22, 2017

Hi Helen,

Don't forget all our mattresses come with a 100 night guarantee, so if you don't love it for any reason then you can return it and receive a full refund.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance, we'd love to help out!

1800 667 196

We would still like to talk to someone in Hobart who has bought one and try one out ......
Can you please get someone in Hobart to ring us .... 0410294147