All Class Cruiser
Following the massive success of the incredible M109R, Suzuki announced the introduction of its stable-mate the Boulevard C109R, a King among classic cruisers.
This traditional classic hard-tail styled cruiser is powered by the same modern high-performance 1,783cc, fuel injected, V-Twin engine as used by the M109R.
To enhance this responsive, massive torque producing power-plant is a five speed transmission, a shaft final drive, a linked front-and-rear disc brake system and a massive, ultra wide 240/55R16 rear radial tyre.
A common sense comfortable riding position with chromed pullback handlebars, a wide seat, and convenient floorboards completes the package to make this a cruiser that does it all.
- 1783cc, 4-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and massive torque output
- 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods
- Unique new two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity
- Each bore is lined with Suzuki's race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight
- Crank inertia for the C109R is increased by 20% for increased torque delivery at low speed and for reduced vibration across the rpm range
- A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity
- Five speed transmission features carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations
- Three piece airbox uses dual intakes working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element
- Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 52mm throttle bodies - maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response
- A new Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in various conditions
- Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions
- High-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride
- New cast alloy wheels feature a 10 spoke radial design for a clean and classic look. The new cast wheels measure a 3.50 x 16 inch up front and a massive 8.00 x 16 inch rear tyre wearing a huge 240mm radial tyre
- New combined braking system utilizes three pistons per caliper for the dual disc front braking system. When applying the front brake lever two pistons work at the front. When using the rear brake pedal both front brake and rear brake systems are combined using the rear brake and the middle piston of the front brake calipers through a delay valve.
- New pull back type handlebars feature a deep chrome plated finish and a beautiful wide design for a massive look
- 49mm front forks feature thick chrome covers for a stylish new look and feature 130mm of wheel travel
- Link type aluminum swingarm creating a rigid tail look with light weight and high rigidity
- New spacious floorboards for increased rider comfort and control
- New classic design brings combines the clean, sweeping good looks of a classic cruiser with high performance provided by Suzuki advanced technology
- The 2-into1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki's digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful v-twin sound
duncan.moffatt posted this on Oct 15, 2011
which of course with the addition of a fully clothed rider means about half a ton going down the road!
That said, the brakes are adequate, along with the rest ... Read more
+ Reliable, Cheap purchase price, Comfortable, Powerful. Great Dealer network.
- High running costs
4 people found this helpful, do you?report this review
murray62 posted this on Oct 09, 2011
+ cheap affordable good value (not buing a badge) looks wicked
- gear box a bit clunky 1/2
1 person found this helpful, do you?report this review
kurt_labes posted this on May 26, 2008
+ Looks, power, compfort, handling
- helmet mount (can't use while riding, for spare helmet)
18 people found this helpful, do you?report this review