Tiny Tim - My AN650L3 is barely a month old; I love it. Biggest bike I've had and the best scooter around. I use it for a 90km commute to and from Bunbury, WA each day of the week, spinning around 4-4,500rpm ... read more »
posted on Apr 03, 2014
Models: AN400AL1, AN650AL1, AN650AL2 - Release date: May 2004
The Burgman's Computerised Suzuki Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVT) offers three modes, two fully-automatic modes (Normal and Power) and manual mode. The manual transmission mode features six predetermined CVT ratios which are easily selected using convenient Up and Down buttons on the handlebar.
+ Very clean straight forward lines - so easy to ride.
+ Comfortable, reliable, easy to ride, economical, good looking: ticks all the boxes
- Sidestand cut-out switch, a little heavy at low speed or stopped, time consuming to home service
+ Seating, storage, trip meters, electric mirrors and windshield.
- Left hand mirror is badly positioned.
+ Improved front storage area. New placement of 12 charging socket. Possibly more durable petrol flap.
- The shrunken under seat storage. The mirrors. The parking brake placement. Colour choice. Screen size.
- That stupid plastic cover over the electrics under the left glovebox always comes off.
+ performance, reliability, low centre of gravity, excellent low speed charactorists, high speed stability. quiet, even without ear plugs
- seat not as comfy as it looks. Ride is a bit harsh.
+ Storage, weather protection, ease of use
- has a large body so isn't the best for lane splitting but I do it anyway by pulling the mirrors in
+ Too much to mention. But... reliable, powerful. Great dash and compartment. A gentle cruise at 100 kms. Overtakes a dream. Versatile in city, and country. Intelligent beyond belief. Very secure braking. Great cornering. Perfect for pillions. Centre of gravity.
- Expensive as far as scooters... but what you get for it....well!!!
+ road presence
- Grips too small & seat is better with a backrest
+ Comfortable ride, can do my shopping and carry under the seat, lots of space!!!
- Heated grib and seats should come standard in Victoria as its in the UK
- std screen to short and im 5 foot 6"
+ Just had my first bike 3 weeks now a suzuki burgman 650 executive.2900k on speedo love shape, colour & features .Power is plenty I have just got my L s one week after buying bike glove boxes under seat storage power windows are all very good so so smooth its a dream to ride.Love it
- would love power wind screen to be just a tad higher,iam a big bloke