Here's fuel-injected proof that sportbikes don't have to be one-dimensional.
Introducing the new GSX650F, featuring an ideal balance of sportbike excitement and all-around versatile performance.
It offers crisp handling, so you can turn any winding road into a ride to remember. Its liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine is tuned for strong low-end and midrange power, for smooth and easy riding around town.
Whether you're on the back roads or the open highway, you'll appreciate the GSX650F's comfortable design, including a more upright seating position that makes all-day rides a pleasure. And the GSX650F has one more feature that you'll appreciate - a price tag that will leave you smiling.
- All new, compact, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, DOHC 656cc engine utilizing a bore and stroke of 65.5 mm x 48.7 mm and featuring strong and easily accessible power and torque.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system for smooth acceleration. Fuel injectors are compact and lightweight with 4 hole injectors for optimum fuel atomization and greater power output.
- The cylinder head achieves a narrow valve angle of 17 degrees intake and exhaust for high intake and exhaust efficiency.
- Cam profiles are chosen with an emphasis on low-to-mid range power output and help to deliver highly accessible performance that is well suited to an entry level rider.
- Piston rings are manufactured with ion plating treatment using Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) for a smoother surface, increased durability and reduced friction and reduced oil consumption.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated cylinders deliver high heat dissipation and allow for smaller piston to cylinder clearances.
- A large capacity exhaust system utilizes a high capacity catalyzer and an oxygen sensor to meet strict Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions requirements while still providing strong performance throughout the rpm range.
- The GSX650F keeps cool with a high efficiency radiator combined with a 190mm electric cooling fan controlled by the ECM and a high output water pump with a bearing-less design for reduced weight.
- New six speed transmission works smoothly with a hydraulic clutch for crisp shifting in a variety of riding conditions.
Boo posted this on Jan 10, 2014
+ Handling. braking. cost
Humphrey bear posted this on Jul 18, 2013
+ Power Delivery, Aesthetics, Stable and Sure Footed
- Exhaust is a little big and cannot be easily modified as the end cap screws are tig welded onto the end cap.
ClarkeytheSparkie posted this on Jul 04, 2013
+ Stability, fuel economy, comfort, looks and style!
David Randall posted this on Mar 18, 2013
On paper this bike was between 20-40 kgs heavier than the other bikes in the 500-650cc category, but i can say the weight makes the bike very stable, as I learn how to lean the bike into and through corners, not once have i felt the bike unstable. Over the 4 weeks I have b... Read more
1 person found this helpful, do you?report this review
BlindFreddy posted this on Dec 20, 2011
Infact many parts are interchangable with the 1250 Bandit.
It sounds better than on the 1250, but closer to a vacuum cleaner than a Harley.
Initially it was very jerky on the throttle release, but increasing the front spring preload to a 1/2 a turn from stock, cured this and improved the handling. The springs are too soft for my 100kg weight, but the rear is fine.
The seat interchangable with the 1250S and the GSX6... Read more
+ Cheap GSXR 600 look a like
- fuel use a bit heavy, heavy bike too push
4 people found this helpful, do you?report this review
ducatiman posted this on Aug 29, 2008
very powerful of its kind
easy to handle
Thousand times better than yamahas, kawasaki or hondas same range bikes
+ Good Handling, Good Pickup speed, Good looking, fun to ridem, powerful for a sports tourer 650f, confortable
- color and vinyl
17 people found this helpful, do you?report this review