Suzuki GSX650F Reviews

Product Details

Models: GSX650F, GSX650FL0 -

Street-Smart Sportbike

Here's fuel-injected proof that sportbikes don't have to be one-dimensional.

Introducing the new GSX650F, featuring an ideal balance of sportbike excitement and all-around versatile performance.

It offers crisp handling, so you can turn any winding road into a ride to remember. Its liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine is tuned for strong low-end and midrange power, for smooth and easy riding around town.

Whether you're on the back roads or the open highway, you'll appreciate the GSX650F's comfortable design, including a more upright seating position that makes all-day rides a pleasure. And the GSX650F has one more feature that you'll appreciate - a price tag that will leave you smiling.

Features:

• All new, compact, liquid-cooled, fuel injected, DOHC 656cc engine utilizing a bore and stroke of 65.5 mm x 48.7 mm and featuring strong and easily accessible power and torque.
  • Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve fuel injection system for smooth acceleration. Fuel injectors are compact and lightweight with 4 hole injectors for optimum fuel atomization and greater power output.
  • The cylinder head achieves a narrow valve angle of 17 degrees intake and exhaust for high intake and exhaust efficiency.
  • Cam profiles are chosen with an emphasis on low-to-mid range power output and help to deliver highly accessible performance that is well suited to an entry level rider.
  • Piston rings are manufactured with ion plating treatment using Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) for a smoother surface, increased durability and reduced friction and reduced oil consumption.
  • Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coated cylinders deliver high heat dissipation and allow for smaller piston to cylinder clearances.
  • A large capacity exhaust system utilizes a high capacity catalyzer and an oxygen sensor to meet strict Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions requirements while still providing strong performance throughout the rpm range.
  • The GSX650F keeps cool with a high efficiency radiator combined with a 190mm electric cooling fan controlled by the ECM and a high output water pump with a bearing-less design for reduced weight.
  • New six speed transmission works smoothly with a hydraulic clutch for crisp shifting in a variety of riding conditions.

Official Suzuki site →

Bad
Terrible
ShowHide filters

GSX650F

The best big lams bike available

reviewed on Jan 10, 2014

Ok. i looked at a lot of lams bikes from hysong 650 through to all the ninjas and i finally settled on the Suzuki 650fu. Even though i didn't particularly like colour scheme being 6ft 1 and around 115 kg i bite the bullet. The colour scheme has grown on me and with in the first three weeks i had 3 people come up to me and say " nice looking bike mate ". I organize bike rides with my work and they range from art least 5 to 25 - 30 bikes and im the only LAMS bike. Everyone else is really impressed with how the Suzuki goes, the handling and acceleration are excellent for a learners bike and its only once you hit 110 plus that you notice the limiter, the brakes are awesome, handling excellent and the fuel economy extremely respectable [ 320 - 360 ks ]. A few of my mates have been impressed with the way it rides when we have swapped bikes. Its a great size to get use to for when and if you up grade as the bike is the same size as the 1000.. If i had my time again i would pick exactly the same bike im passing it onto my son. the best lams bike available ive done 23000 ks in 14 months.The worst thing about the bike hmmm the lights could be a little better. Good luck.
You wont be disappointed

+ Handling. braking. cost

The Perfect Companion

reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

This is my first bike as a legal road user, Where do i start.... It's smooth and forgiving a few times i have had a compression lockup because i downshifted one too many times and every time its pulled back into line with ease. The stock exhaust is a little bulky but is nice and shiny :D. Power is there up till about 6k then it tapers as per the LAMS restriction which i find better then say the LAMS ninja which has a throttle block.

+ Power Delivery, Aesthetics, Stable and Sure Footed

- Exhaust is a little big and cannot be easily modified as the end cap screws are tig welded onto the end cap.

Suzuki GSX650FU (LAMS)

reviewed on Jul 04, 2013

Awsome! This is my first bike (mature age rider - 41yrs) I've owned this bike since December 2012 bought from dealership - New! Regrets - None! Time to ride hasn't been my friend and I've only managed 1815Klms to date (4/7/13). Can I say that with my trade background and applying the techniques with respect to removing the restriction on this bike as per the following link [url removed] you have a bike to introduce you to the world of riding at a very competitive price. I have no immediate intention of selling my bike once I progress to a full license! Fuel economy is good if you don't over-rev and flog the engine (300-350klms per 20 litre tank of 95 octane fuel). IMO opinion the bike is extremely stable, but wasn't great for doing the MOST Test (NSW) as I found it considerably heavy compared to when I hired a 125cc bike! All that said, I'm no 'Casey Stoner' and don't pretend to be. The Suzuki GSX 650FU (LAMS) is a great bike to learn to ride on and if you ride defensively and within your ability, then you shouldn't have any problems at all!

+ Stability, fuel economy, comfort, looks and style!

Comments

Humphrey bear - I found my gsx650 bulky in the MOST but managed to pass with no penalty.

ClarkeytheSparkie - Well Done Humphrey, I was too scared to drop my bike, so on instinct I hung the leg out instead and paid the penalty = 1 week before I could resit and I hired one of their 125's instead! Pleased to... read more »

Suzuki GSX650FU (LAMS)

reviewed on Mar 18, 2013

This is my very first bike. And as a mature rider i can say what an absolute pleasure it is to ride. Very smooth, and as this is the restricted version, it is a little scary to think what the unrestricted one goes like!

On paper this bike was between 20-40 kgs heavier than the other bikes in the 500-650cc category, but i can say the weight makes the bike very stable, as I learn how to lean the bike into and through corners, not once have i felt the bike unstable. Over the 4 weeks I have been riding (and 1600kms) it has not skipped a beat.

The instruments are very clear and the gear change indicator is very usefull as a learner. It took a while to get used to the sensative throttle, just a very small movement of the wrist, puts plenty of revs on. I was a bit concerned in the shop about the seat height position (but it was the best of all the models I was looking at) at 6' 2" (and 93kgs) it felt as though my legs would be a bit too bent.

But it is actually very comfortable, and natural position. The longest ride I have done is 2 hours, with a mate who has a Yamaha cruiser, he was constantly wingeing about a sore backside, mine was fine.

The brakes seem to have good stopping power, no emergency stops yet, though i'm sure one is coming!
Overall this has been a very enjoyable introduction to the powered bike world, I will still use my road cycle for fitness, but this is just enourmous fun!
Dave
  • 1 person found this helpful, do you?

Good budget buy

reviewed on Dec 20, 2011

Changed the can to a Staintune (left over from a 1250 Bandit I had once).
Infact many parts are interchangable with the 1250 Bandit.
It sounds better than on the 1250, but closer to a vacuum cleaner than a Harley.
Initially it was very jerky on the throttle release, but increasing the front spring preload to a 1/2 a turn from stock, cured this and improved the handling. The springs are too soft for my 100kg weight, but the rear is fine.
The seat interchangable with the 1250S and the GSX650 is far more comfortable, as the back section is not as steep and press on the tail bone.
Wind from the screen buffets my helmet visor (I am 6 foot tall).
The motor gearing is nor ideal, as it was lifted straight of a 2005 GSXR600, and all the gear ratio's are too close together.
It makes for a busy motor, and I am always looking for 7th.
I tried a rear sprocket with 2 more teeth, but the performance dropped away to much, and was rowing gears still.
Night vision from the headlamp is outstanding, both high and low beam.

+ Cheap GSXR 600 look a like

- fuel use a bit heavy, heavy bike too push

• 4 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Skydance - Good quality here, have had mine (2009 unresticted) for 2 years and love it still. Colour, Style, Ride and Reliability is outstanding for the price range of this machine.

This bike is highly recommended..

reviewed on Aug 29, 2008

Really Good bike for first ful license
very powerful of its kind
good looking
easy to handle
crisp handling
Thousand times better than yamahas, kawasaki or hondas same range bikes

+ Good Handling, Good Pickup speed, Good looking, fun to ridem, powerful for a sports tourer 650f, confortable

- color and vinyl

• 17 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Dan - im 53 yo experianced rider and I had the lams removed this bike is awsome,it handles like a train once you set up whilst riding hard,I have owned 850,s and 900 reds previously and this thing would ... read more »

reviewed on Apr 27, 2008

I found the change from a naked SV650 to GSX650F with full fairing a challenge as the headlamp and front end moved when I turned the Sv and the fairing is fixed and does not turn with the steering on GSX650F. Took two minutes to adjust myself by looking ahead, not down. Also when you hit 4,000 revs the engine says GRRRRRRRRR!

+ The look, Blue and White traditional colours,Up to date . High tech. Fabulous design, ride, wonderful feel. Easy to ride.

- Disapointed I did not find it sooner.
It stays on my mind continually. It is addictive.

• 10 people found this helpful, do you?

reviewed on Mar 16, 2008

this is a good bike from suzuki, it is a great bike for those that don't wont the bad back or sore wrists from the sport bikes that are out there, suitable for those who want a medium bike between tourer's and out and out racers. highly recommended

+ This bike is good, an all round solid bike with good looks and good performance

• 21 people found this helpful, do you?

Suzuki GSX650F Questions

I have bought a same bike 4 weak"s ago and is fitted with a brand new after market exhaust which is looking great but is to loud for my age .Every one say it is great sound but i would prefer a standard exhaust. So my question if someone have original pipe I would like to swap I have a Danmoto Carbon pipe. Please contact me if interested; Thank you.

Peter asked on Nov 05, 2013

Provide an answer →
Gsx650, is it learner legal in nsw?

Rich asked on Jul 11, 2013

Read 3 answers →

Have you used Suzuki GSX650F or want to learn more about it?

Write a review Ask a question

Brand managers

If you manage Suzuki products, register now and take advantage of Product Review's Brand Management Platform that allows you to submit public replies to customer questions, reviews and comments.