Verified Purchase

Outstanding service, solved a big headache in no time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

I had a box redelivered on 14 Feb to my home and I was scheduled to check out another box from the Melbourne Brunswick facility on Wednesday 15 Feb, unfortunately our removalist stood us up and I was unable to get another removalist come around on short notice so I had to arrange the second box redelivered to my home as well. Needless to say it was a messed-up situation and it was very stressful for me but thankfully the staff member whom was on the phone was very sympathetic and he resolved the issue for me very quickly. Also a big thanks to t he gentleman who was responsible for delivery, our drive way was not easy to maneuver and he had to do it four times for two boxes redelivered/picked up separately, but he did an excellent job and he was very understanding and patient.

I used Taxibox for 7-8 months and talked to various staff members on many occasions, everyone was very professional and courteous, all issues were resolved promptly, I really appreciate their help and I won’t hesitate to recommend taxibox to anyone.

No Fuss Storage and Delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Moved one taxi-box worth of stuff. Was in storage for a couple of months in-between (travelling). No issue getting the box delivered or re-delivered (even though re-delivery was in an incredibly busy part of Sydney). Simple, easy, cheap.

Solid service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Everything ran smoothly and all staff involved were helpful and knowledgeable. For the cost, it's a pretty good service. Would recommend to mates.

Very convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I needed to store the contents of a one bedroom apartment for 4 months while I was travelling for work. Using taxi box saved me from paying rent for 4 months. Once I got home, I just arranged to have the storage box dropped off at my new rental place. It was a bit more expensive than the other storage options I looked into in the area (Brunswick), but having the taxi box dropped off and picked up from my door saved me the costs of hiring a removal truck or removalists to cart my stuff to a storage facility. The staff were all super friendly and the drop off, pick up, and re-delivery service was super easy and stress free. All my things were in good shape when i unpacked my taxi box. Overall would recommend, especially if you don't have your own car and aren't on a crazy tight budget. While there might be a cheaper option around, I doubt that there's an easier option to store stuff. Just make sure you pay attention to the box sizes! While I would give these guys 4 stars for price, I am giving them 5, because their service was flawless -- even when i needed to change my delivery plans on very short notice they managed to accomodate me and were super nice about it. That is top service.

Simple and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Contacting the Taxibox team from start to finish made everything super easy and the whole process was simple and efficient. Would definitely recommend them!

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Seamless experience - loved it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Taxibox was awesome - we had a big move and having the Taxibox helped us clear some stuff out in advance. The move itself was a short distance.

Everything arrived perfectly on time - they were able to fit us in on very short notice and they were also able to redeliver stuff with only 2 business days notice (usually takes 7 days). Everyone we interacted with - from the call centre reps to the bloke who dropped off and picked up the Taxiboxes - were super friendly and very customer oriented. Absolutely would repeat again.

Verified Purchase

Thanks Taxibox and Thanks Andrew!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I have been with Taxibox for almost 3 years now. The service has been amazing throughout and could not say anything bad about the move out. Andrew was excellent with calling me well before 1 hour to let me know he was about to get my box. This gave me enough notice to make sure I was ready for when he came. I had forgotten to bring my key for the padlock and he organised for the lock to be cut by speaking with the guys in the office, having the link sent to phone (as opposed to me looking for it on line).

Overall, Andrew was great just making my experience with Taxibox excellent and never to forget using Taxibox when i need it again. Will definitely recommend Taxibox to all my friends and family.

Vinaah

Affordable and convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I had to store all the furniture from my two-bedroom apartment temporarily while it underwent some renovations. Taxibox was a great solution for this short-term need. I had a lot of initial questions and the customer service on the phone was clear and informative. The pick-up and delivery drivers were on-time and very friendly and accommodating. I would advise anyone with access only to on-street parking (as I did) to be really organised about securing parking spaces and to be sure of any council permit restrictions. My only criticism is that the quality of the wood used for the boxes isn't great quality and the doors can be hard to close.

Affordable moving interstate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

It was moving from Sydney to Gold Coast.
3 bedroom apartment, used 2 taxiboxes.
Prompt delivery, offered us assistance with lock cut.
We delivered to Taxibox storage in Brisbane and used local removalist, way cheaper than using interstate removalist.

Verified Purchase

If I ever move again, it will be with Taxibox!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

One bedroom apartment, one taxi box, moving from Melbourne to Sydney. Arrived at 7:30 am on Saturday in Melbourne and was picked up by around 12pm as we finished early. Was set to be delivered to the Sydney address on the Friday and came at about 9:30 am, and was picked up at 1:30pm. Despite being late for drop off (They say between 7am and 9am), the driver was very professional, ringing me to inform me when they would be there and also to update me when they had some traffic.

All in all, Taxibox was extremely well priced, and made my moving experience as stress free as moving can be. I will be recommending them to any friends wishing to move interstate.

Verified Purchase

Cheapest way to move interstate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

One bedroom apartment, one taxi box, Melbourne to Sydney. One very minor complaint: the empty box was supposed to be delivered between 7am and 12pm and arrived at 12:45.

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Very happy with Taxi box. Customer service was fantastic; helpful and friendly. Delivery was easy and Frank (?) was a great guy! Many thanks

1 of 13 pages

Hi and thanks if you can respond to the following questions please? 1. What materials the taxi boxes made from? 2. Are they waterproof in case it rains before I have packed it up and it is collected from my home? 3. How long can I take to pack up my taxi box once it is delivered to my home and before it is collected at your facility? 4. Can I get a discount if I pay in advance for 6 months storage at your facility? 5. Can I access the taxi box once it is being held in your storage facility? 6. Is there a weight for each taxi box? For example it it contains furniture? 7. Can you tell me which items that cannot be stored (besides the obvious items such as food, explosives etc, perishables?) 8. Do I provide my own lock? 9. Is there a cost for the taxi box to be delivered? 10. Is there another cost when the taxi box collected and; 11. Is there another cost if the delivery address is different to that of the collection address? Thanks, Sandra Angus.

Sandyoceanblue asked on Jan 07, 2017

Hi Sandra,

Some great questions you’ve raised! *rubbing hands together*, let’s give it a go.

1. The TAXIBOXES are made from a breathable wood composite that allows the contents inside to breath while safely indoors at our facility and avoids mould and mildew.
2. They certainly are! TAXIBOXES are delivered with a weatherproof cover which protects them from the elements, including rain. In fact, we have some TAXIBOXES that are left on-site for many months at a time.
3. If delivered into a private space (driveway, garage, front yard etc), you can have as long as you like to load your TAXIBOX! Under some circumstances (ie deliveries on the street or tricky inner city locations) there may be restrictions on times – see www.taxibox.com.au/delivery for further info.
4. 6+ month discounts are automatically applied whether a prepayment takes place or not. These discounts apply to waiving or reducing the final re-delivery fees. If storing for 12+ months and prepaying, we can look to apply even more discounts to the monthly storage rates.
5. You most certainly can access your TAXIBOX at our facility once in storage. This is free of charge. All that’s required for access is to provide us with at least 24 hours notice.
6. Each TAXIBOX can hold up to 1000kg of weight. This is normally far in excess of what most household items would weigh.
7. The vast majority of household items can be stored in a TAXIBOX. For a list of prohibited items, please see question 18 on our FAQ page at www.taxibox.com.au/faq.
8. You can provide your own lock, although most customers simply purchase our TAXIBOX locks at a cost of $10.90. This is completely optional.
9. Delivery of your TAXIBOX is free.
10. For mobile self-storage, there is no pick-up fee. If storing your TAXIBOX at your place, a pick-up fee may apply depending on the length of storage. See www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant quote.
11. Re-delivery fees at the end of the storage term are dependent on the suburb we are re-delivering to and the length of storage. See www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant quote where you can experiment with different suburbs and time frames.

Hope the above helps! Feel free to call us on 1300 87-60-87 to find out more or you can also respond here. Finally – you can also view our FAQ page which has plenty of information – www.taxibox.com.au/faq.

Kind regards,

TAXIBOX Team

What is the price for hiring a Taxi box ?

Cindy asked on Dec 17, 2016

Hi Cindy,

Thanks very much for your question! There are a few factors that can influence your pricing with TAXIBOX such as whether you're moving home or storing, the number of TAXIBOXES you require, and the travel locations. It can be tricky to give you the lowest possible price without this basic info.

That being said, we like to be really upfront and transparent about our pricing so please feel free to visit www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant online quote, tailored to your needs, or give us a call on 1300 87-60-67!

We hired two taxi boxes to relocate from Brisbane to Melbourne and stored for a month and paid 2000$ in total. Initial delivery charges were calculated to Dandenong and was free of charge. Do we have to pay extra 300$ for moving boxes from Dandenong to Berwick, To our new address.?its just 25km difference.

Dulangi asked on May 07, 2015

Answer this

Wow - we're terribly sorry for the delay in answering this! We've only recently seen these reviews on productreview.com.au and only came across this question now. I trust it's been sorted by now? If not, can you please give us a call on 1300 87-60-87, asking to speak with Kate? Please mention this website when calling. Kind regards - TAXIBOX Team.

All good!