Verified Purchase

Great value, great proposition.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I used the Taxibox to move between Melb and Newcastle. Unfortunately they didn't redeliver to Newcastle ( I knew this from the outset) but I was able to access my box from their storage facility in Sydney. The whole process was really painless, and they were good at communicating, very responsive to email, and clear in the costs.

I only moved about 1.5 rooms worth of stuff, so one box was perfect for me.

The storage aspect was a big highlight for me, it'd be great if you were going overseas for a few months, or weren't moving into you new place immediately.

Saved my life!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I had a great experience! It was convenient and prompt... will recommend it to my friends :)
Box came when required, same for re delivery! Super happy

melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase

Service is great, but security is questionable.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Cant fault the service and reliability of Taxibox. When moving from the south of Melbourne to South east the move was made easy by Taxibox. I do however question the security of their storage facility due to some items going missing from my box, so id suggest anyone contemplating using the service to supply their own HIGH QUALITY padlocks to avoid anyone else accessing them and also do your own itemization form for when you unpack. Lesson learnt

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Taxi box great and smart service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

We were away for few weeks and due to move home in the meantime. Our 1 bedroom apt was at its full capacity so we stored everything in 2 Taxiboxes for a couple of months and everything went good. Always received good Customer Service and prompt response to my enquiries.

Verified Purchase

Efficient, easy and very cost effective!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

I recommend Taxibox for anyone that needs an efficient storage solution. The online booking was simple and the team both in the office and delivery were always very friendly and helpful. Really took the stress out of moving. Plus no breakages, I was expecting some given the box is being moved around a bit.

Free drop-off and only $99 re-delivery, plus the ongoing rental was much cheaper than a standard storage unit. Thank you Taxibox, will definitely use you guys again!

Verified Purchase

Taxibox has been a blessing. Great for storage and interstate move. Really easy going and supportive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

1 bedroom Apartment plus double garage fitted tight in 2 taxi boxes. I was going overseas and returned to another state. Very easy to organize with taxi box. Frequent access till finding my final home was helpful too.

Verified Purchase

Great service as it should be. Reliable, very easy, reasonable and timely responding customer servic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

Really easy! Really convenient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2017

I kept a bedroom for 3 months then had it redelivered to my new place, and found the timing really convenient. Both phone staff and drivers were super friendly. Recommend booking very early if you want Pickups on Saturdays.

Excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Taxibox was nothing short of excellent in aspects, be it from their online booking, email correspondence, customer service, delivery and redelivery service and ease of usage. Taxibox really took great consideration in their client's convenience and comfort, and all my items from a 3 bedroom apartment were well-fitted in their storage box. Furthermore, it was also safe, secure and easily accessible!

Problem solved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Had a gap between moving out and renovations to new home. Taxibox was the answer and could not have gone more smoothly. Friendly staff at every encounter, deliveries and pickups exactly as advised. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. Thank you.

Great service, seamless

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

king size and single bed, 2 sofas fitted well inside taxibox with a fantastic delivery and pickup man. Was kept informed throughout process with SMS and was rapt with speed and no fuss

1 of 14 pages

Hi and thanks if you can respond to the following questions please? 1. What materials the taxi boxes made from? 2. Are they waterproof in case it rains before I have packed it up and it is collected from my home? 3. How long can I take to pack up my taxi box once it is delivered to my home and before it is collected at your facility? 4. Can I get a discount if I pay in advance for 6 months storage at your facility? 5. Can I access the taxi box once it is being held in your storage facility? 6. Is there a weight for each taxi box? For example it it contains furniture? 7. Can you tell me which items that cannot be stored (besides the obvious items such as food, explosives etc, perishables?) 8. Do I provide my own lock? 9. Is there a cost for the taxi box to be delivered? 10. Is there another cost when the taxi box collected and; 11. Is there another cost if the delivery address is different to that of the collection address? Thanks, Sandra Angus.

Sandyoceanblue asked on Jan 07, 2017

Hi Sandra,

Some great questions you’ve raised! *rubbing hands together*, let’s give it a go.

1. The TAXIBOXES are made from a breathable wood composite that allows the contents inside to breath while safely indoors at our facility and avoids mould and mildew.
2. They certainly are! TAXIBOXES are delivered with a weatherproof cover which protects them from the elements, including rain. In fact, we have some TAXIBOXES that are left on-site for many months at a time.
3. If delivered into a private space (driveway, garage, front yard etc), you can have as long as you like to load your TAXIBOX! Under some circumstances (ie deliveries on the street or tricky inner city locations) there may be restrictions on times – see www.taxibox.com.au/delivery for further info.
4. 6+ month discounts are automatically applied whether a prepayment takes place or not. These discounts apply to waiving or reducing the final re-delivery fees. If storing for 12+ months and prepaying, we can look to apply even more discounts to the monthly storage rates.
5. You most certainly can access your TAXIBOX at our facility once in storage. This is free of charge. All that’s required for access is to provide us with at least 24 hours notice.
6. Each TAXIBOX can hold up to 1000kg of weight. This is normally far in excess of what most household items would weigh.
7. The vast majority of household items can be stored in a TAXIBOX. For a list of prohibited items, please see question 18 on our FAQ page at www.taxibox.com.au/faq.
8. You can provide your own lock, although most customers simply purchase our TAXIBOX locks at a cost of $10.90. This is completely optional.
9. Delivery of your TAXIBOX is free.
10. For mobile self-storage, there is no pick-up fee. If storing your TAXIBOX at your place, a pick-up fee may apply depending on the length of storage. See www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant quote.
11. Re-delivery fees at the end of the storage term are dependent on the suburb we are re-delivering to and the length of storage. See www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant quote where you can experiment with different suburbs and time frames.

Hope the above helps! Feel free to call us on 1300 87-60-87 to find out more or you can also respond here. Finally – you can also view our FAQ page which has plenty of information – www.taxibox.com.au/faq.

Kind regards,

TAXIBOX Team

What is the price for hiring a Taxi box ?

Cindy asked on Dec 17, 2016

Hi Cindy,

Thanks very much for your question! There are a few factors that can influence your pricing with TAXIBOX such as whether you're moving home or storing, the number of TAXIBOXES you require, and the travel locations. It can be tricky to give you the lowest possible price without this basic info.

That being said, we like to be really upfront and transparent about our pricing so please feel free to visit www.taxibox.com.au/booking for an instant online quote, tailored to your needs, or give us a call on 1300 87-60-67!

We hired two taxi boxes to relocate from Brisbane to Melbourne and stored for a month and paid 2000$ in total. Initial delivery charges were calculated to Dandenong and was free of charge. Do we have to pay extra 300$ for moving boxes from Dandenong to Berwick, To our new address.?its just 25km difference.

Dulangi asked on May 07, 2015

Answer this

Wow - we're terribly sorry for the delay in answering this! We've only recently seen these reviews on productreview.com.au and only came across this question now. I trust it's been sorted by now? If not, can you please give us a call on 1300 87-60-87, asking to speak with Kate? Please mention this website when calling. Kind regards - TAXIBOX Team.

All good!