• 3 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Best appliance ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

I purchased this last April and use it almost daily. Love the way it cooks meals and does the stirring so I can do something else. Whizzes up baked treats in no time. Am now baking bread on a regular basis. Its extra large capacity is great for producing family sized meals. Love the attachments too, especially the slicer/shredder. By purchasing during a sale, was able to get both accessories and 4 yrs warranty for the normal purchase price, and do a 4 yr interest free purchase.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Brilliant Machine - just love it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Having owned a Thermomix for some time, I found I was not using it much and the reason was I really didn't like it. I found it noisy and just hated scraping around the blades at the bottom of the bowl. I sold it and purchased a Tefal Cuisine Companion - best thing I ever did.
Since owning the Tefal (just before late December 2016) I have used it a lot. The more I use it, the more I want to use it. It is so quiet in running at full speed when it does soups. I was always scared to notch up the speed on the Thermie. It is also a steadi
er machine with very slight vibration in use (unlike the Thermie). I have found my soups come up thicker because of the brilliant chopping/pulsing of the soup programme.
If there is any downside at all - all I can say is I would like to adjust the end of programme beeper to a bit louder, it is a bit too quiet.
Very happy with this machine and now I have added the slicer/shredder.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good Machine. Different functions to competitors.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I was debating whethet to get the competitor or the Tefal CC. I decided on the Tefal for the slow cooking function, the larger bowl and superior warranty. I was also concerned about the inbuilt scales on TM as I had heard they are quite temperamental. I have since also purchased the competitors machine due to the milling capacity the Tefal lacks. But saying that I have room on bench for both and each have different functionality. I love the slow cook function on Tefal CC.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Maitland, New South Wales

• 6 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

every kitchen should have one - I just love mine!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Just love the ease of operation, the great range of recipes and the fact that they reliably turn out just like the pictures & taste great. The instruction book and recipe book are both very easy to follow. The appliance feels safe - the lid locks down securely and there is no risk of getting steam burns due to the clever design of the lid steam insert. Very easy to clean and assemble/disassemble. I chose this over the thermomix (I have 2 close friends who have one and I've seen one in use and had a go myself) as it feels sturdier, it has a clea r lid so you can see the food while cooking, the steamer is a much more usable shape than the thermomix one and the drip tray works very well, and I can get support for any issues by taking it back to the store I bought it from rather than having to box it up and ship it somewhere at my cost. Recently did a cook-off with one of my friend's thermomix's and the Tefal cooks everything we tried just as well as the thermomix if not better. I found it was very easy to convert the thermomix recipes as well as some of my own long-standing recipes. I use it pretty much every night & am progressively getting rid of my soup-maker, pressure cooker, rice cooker etc. Recommend getting 2 bowls as have taken advantage of this a few times now & it saves time while cooking to not have to stop and wash up part-way through a multi-step meal. The external steamer is fabulous & works perfectly cooking over a sauce being prepared in the main bowl. Highly recommended to buy one - you'll love it!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Bayside, melbourne

• 4 answers

Date Purchased: Dec 2016

The best purchase I have made in years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 31, 2016

Awesome for cooking just about everything! I love my Cusine Companion! Cooks pasta sauces with ease. Great if you need to cook quickly and if your working and looking after kids! It is also chops! Some of the cooking functions only cook for a certain cycle of time so if you are cooking larger batches of food take this into consideration as it will take longer! Its so easy to clean and really no hassle. I'm very happy with it and I think the price is very fair compared to the Thermomix. I think it's a better by and a better machine. We got some great offers with it when we purchased it. We paid extra for a longer guarantee

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Cooking made fun again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

This has made cooking fun and the tedious washing/cleaning up so easy after.

Partner and I decided to invest in the cuisine companion since our little one has been needing more time and attention.

Some prep, press a few buttons, leave it, (repeat when needed), voila.. meals ate served.

Washing is easy as everything except the spindles/clip are dishwasher friendly.

After getting past the pricey initial investment, the returns we gain ie. healthy cooked meals, time saved monitoring in the kitchen, this now seems like a no-brainer.

If you're finding that you're tied down on time, and have no time to be in the kitchen, then this is the answer.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Makes difficult cooking a breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2016

I bought the Tefal CC 9 months ago.
I must admit I don't use it as much as I should because I just do things the 'old way'. I was making tomato sauce the 'old way' when I realised I could probably do it in the CC. Cut hours off the process and made lovely sauce, salsa and chutney.
Difficult food (to me) like risotto and hollandaise are a breeze. The fact they are stirred whilst cooking makes it set-and-forget.
The cheesecake and potato puree (mashed potato) are absolutely wonderful.
I have bought the attachments and I am going to make
a concerted effort to break away from old habits and use the CC frequently. I about to go overseas for a couple of weeks so I'm using the CC to use up all the fresh food that I can't leave that long.
I have a very small kitchen and space is a premium. Having a one stop appliance is extremely useful. I am getting up the confidence to get rid of all the appliances littering my kitchen that it replaces. One step at a time, though.
I am very pleased I purchased the unit and like 'showing off' at dinner parties the treats I can prepare so easily. Pop in the ingredients press a programme, rejoin the dinner guests and then serve when the Tefal CC tells you the delicious food is ready.
The extra bowl has been very useful when making multiple menu items. Cleaning up is a breeze.

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Rosco, Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that it is saving you time, effort and precious space in the kitchen.The time that you save using the Tefal Cuisine Compani... read more »

Thanks. I am still planning what appliances I am going to give away that I don't need now.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Great Machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

Wife loves it. Comes apart easily for the dishwasher. Great bowl capacity which is really handy as we have a large family. The mixing blades are extremely easy to change. Wife uses it for cakes but mostly for main courses for meals. We bought our own kitchen scales as we didn't qualify for the starter pack.

Purchased at: Gumtree

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Gerald,
Great review on the Tefal Cuisine Companion! We are happy to hear that your Wife & You are happy with your purchase of the Cuisine Companion. If you ever require any assistance please let us know.

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

No gimick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

I originally held back from purchasing this product labelling it as a gimmick. I was wrong. A very impressive quick machine. I was overwhelmed when it arrived, believing it too fancy for an older brain..wrong again very simple to understand. Cleaning is also extremely simple no dramas there, even for someone with limited patience? My only negative, which is only small is the cook book, which I think needs to be expanded upon, however, you can access more recipes from the nett.
ENJOY and TRUST

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Lorraine. Thank you for your fantastic review of the Tefal Cuisine Companion. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with the machine and love how easy it is to use! Keep an eye out on our web... read more »

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

After 34 years all my appliances are expiring so it was time to replace them: the tefal companion cuisine fitted the bill as it replaces my soup maker, food processor, mixmaster. The steamer was an added bonus upon purchase - I have made delicious mini puddings. I didn't want an appliance that was difficult to clean - as the blades are detachable, cleaning is an easier process. The double layers in the lid snap apart, and time will tell if the connection weakens and have to be replaced, along with the rubber seal.
After a month I have no regre
ts of spending the $$. It pays to shop around and also view online prices (which can be matched by the store as in my case). Definitely worthwhile to visit a demonstration. It was a pity I had to chase up where one was being held in the city, as there were none offered in the hills. It certainly has refuelled my interest in cooking as the tcc requires little effort & time in preparation & produces tasty and healthy meals.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Comments
Tefal Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for your review on the Tefal Cuisine Companion. We are so happy to hear that your decided on purchasing the Cuisine Companion as your all in one Kitchen Appliance and that i... read more »

1 of 3 pages

Hi can any tell me if this machine can make soap ,washing powder etc like the Thermix ? Thanks

Sonia Tallon asked on Jun 20, 2017

Answer this

I make one of the tmx laundry detergents all the time but haven't tried soap per se.

Thank for the answer :) I would like to make the butter etc all the stuff that cost us a fortune but need to know what machine is best . How good is the laundry detergent ? I have one grease husband . Did you make it from the tmx recipe or was there changes ? Cheers for info

We like to eat a lot of different salads, but we don't want to eat vegetable chopped into mush, also apart from some pureed soups, we also like to have some where the vegetable are still in pieces, is this machine able to produce vegetable like this?

I am fussy asked on Mar 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi. If you get the slicer/shredder attachment you will be able to do great salads. There are different preset soup functions depending on whether you want a smooth or chunky soup. Hope this helps.

Hi, if you are used to steaming vegetables above a saucepan or in a steamer / rice cooker, the TCC will do them exactly the same way. I've tried steaming rice in its internal basket and prefer the result I get from my rice cooker but with a little more experimentation I'm sure I could get a good result. The TCC has different blades to chop ingredients, to blend them to a puree or simply to stir them occasionally - and unlike the thermomix, the stirring blade is plastic and has edges that aren't sharp so shouldn't mush your food. It also has manual and automated programs which allow you to just stir food occasionally rather than continuously during cooking. So again you have a lot of control. My advice is that it will do what you are looking for but be prepared to 'play' with it to learn how each program and blade actually work. You may have a couple of dishes that don't come out right the first time, but keep on experimenting - and take advantage of the many, many websites & facebook pages to learn tips & tricks and ask questions to.

Where is the best place to buy It, i see some people may have got a pretty good deals through Harvey Norman. does it come with all the attachments?

Wade asked on Mar 05, 2017

Answer this

Hi. I did get mine at Harvey Norman when it was 20% off with 50 mths interest free. The steamer and shredder/slicer are extra but Tefal have regular promotions where one or the other is free. I got mine around Mother's Day and the shredder was free.

Harvey Norman does seem to do more promotions on these than anywhere else I've seen them for sale. Just before Christmas 2016 they had a deal with $200 cashback and it was discounted to $1499.

Sorry - forgot to add that the cutting discs and external steamer are separate purchases. Deals may or may not include an extra bowl, the external steamer and/or the slicing discs. If you have a good kitchen wizz or similar machine, you really don't need the discs. I have 2 bowls and find this very useful if I am making several things back-to-back (which I often do). Washing the bowl is quick & easy between cooking different things, but the bowl and (2-piece) lid are a little fiddly to dry quickly, so having 2 is definitely a bonus as long as you have the storage space as the bowls are BIG. I also have the external steamer & this is something I use all the time. It is also a separate purchase but Harvey Norman do offer these as a bonus on occasions too.

See all 10 questions about Tefal Cuisine Companion FE800A60