Launceston

• 1 comment

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent for chopping mixing and cooking. Takes longer to get ingredients out of the cupboard than it takes to prepare them. Only down side to the machine is that it the mixing bowl can get a bit heavy and it sometimes is difficult to get the last bit of mixture out because the blades are in the base. Very easy to clean. Love my thermo and wish I had one years ago.

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Dec 2013

Broken down after 3 years

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I really love the functionality of the machine and all it can do and while it eas working it is great.. and now just on 3 years and out of warranty the screen has gone and will cost over $200 to repair.. for the price of the machine it needs a longer warranty

• 8 helpful votes

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jun 2014

Warranty too short for the price

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2017

I love my Thermomix as a food processor, so very expensive for that.
I underuse it for cooking as this model just wasn't big enough for a family of five.
However the heating element has gone after less than 3 years of infrequent cooking.
Very disappointing. I have to buy the bowl again if I want to cook in it again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, Western Australia

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: May 2012

Not worth the money. Warranty should be longer for the price.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

I have had my TM31 for five years now. It has never been "amazing" to me as someone who actually enjoys cooking tasteful food. It is a convenience thing which is more convenient for people who do not enjoy the cooking process or are time poor. The flavours that come from this technique do not compare to the cooktop, purely due to the design (always covered, sweating the food, no caramelisation).

Now five years on, my blades are blunt and the kneading button doesn't work. Not covered by warranty and not worth buying again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers

Generation: TM21 Date Purchased: Feb 2008

The greatest kitchen tool

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Thermomix 8+ years of great service. Produced 100s of great meals, drinks and saved us 1000s of dollars by cooking good food at home. Never missed beat, easy and safe to use. Goes in the Caravan when we go away, because it's so versitile and takes up minimal room. Expensive to buy but it soon pays for its self in money, knowledge of food and preparation of good food. Easy to clean and new recipes and ideas always online if you need and idea for a meal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney, Australia

• 1 question
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

The best investment of appliance I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

I absolutely love my Thermomix. I have had this appliance for about 3 years now, as previously I owned the previous model the TM31. I absolutely love this digital upgrade of the TM5. Where the machine automatically seals the cap, so no pressure build up and explosion, all intact. It does everything, except for frying and who needs that with today's healthy eating regimes. So easy to use, even my kids use it. Loving the digital chip and community page, where you can buy more online recipes and connect it to your thermomix. I highly recommend it.

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM31 Date Purchased: Jan 2013

don't waste your money or time....

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

this product excels at wasting time - eg - many of the recipes call for many containers - for example - the curry dish requires that you cook the meat, put it aside, cook the sauce, set it aside, requiring to be cleaned between each chore...then put it all back together - so very time consuming - considering one of the sales pitches is how time saving it is...not - quicker and easier to cook with pots and pans....as for the 'ring' to seal the thermomix - they are ONLY guaranteed for one year then YOU replace it at YOUR cost..$11 each or more by now....could break the bank for someone on a tight budget....not to mention - I was VERY lucky - when the 'ring' in my thermomix decided to 'blow' it blew out the back - otherwise, I too, would have been presenting myself to the hospital emergency department along with those others affected....it does NOT make juice...it makes a messy pulp...it is NOT easy to clean - the blade is very sharp and fiddly - therefore either not cleaned properly or cut yourself cleaning it....my advice is to buy either a vita mix and a juicer - or an even cheaper yet as efficient[if not more so] than this over rated piece of expensive junk....of course, if your life revolves around the kitchen - it's quite possibly a good item...but, encouraging obesity isn't really a good thing.....this product was flogged profusely...whilst the agent knew that a new model was soon to be released.... nasty pyschologist.....

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2015

IT WILL BREAK!!!! my machine is just over 2 years and it will cost £420 to repair !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

The machine just over 2 years old is the second time that goes for repair! first time under warranty and at this time they have sent a bill of £420 totally unacceptable!! the cause is spill in the motor! how is an equipment design for cooking liquids spilling in the motor ? poor assistance poor customer service! I have decided to don't repair and throw it in the Garbage Bin!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 question
  • 10 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Better than expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

After having my TM31 for 8 years and never having a single problem with it, I decided to upgrade.

Was hesitant at first after hearing problems from some TM5 owners but I couldn't be happier. Works seamlessly. I enjoy using it more than my TM31, which is now neglected.

I love the new sound once finished cooking, so much more pleasant.

• 5 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 38 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

My best friend in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

I absolutely love this machine. I know that it can be temperamental, and I know that if something goes wrong, I'll be without it for a short time. So far, it's been the most amazing thing I've ever bought. While it's extremely expensive, and we know we're ripped off in Australia, it is absolutely worth it. There is rarely a day that goes by without me using it at least once.

You need to go looking for lots of different recipes. The Thermomix books are really great, but sometimes they're a little bland. Look for ones written by Skinnymixer a
nd Tenina, or Jo Whitton to get the best out of it. Being able to make things that you need to buy (such as almond milk, gluten free ingredients, specific flours etc) cuts down on expenses. Being able to use fresh herbs and real stock without preservatives, makes your food taste so much nicer. You get true bursts of recognisable flavour such as garlic and ginger, which is an absolute delight.

The only thing it can't do is brown food. While this is annoying, you can usually work around this, using the TM5 to prep your work (spice mixes/marinades etc) and then brown it off if that was something that was necessary. I use it to steam meat (meatballs/chicken etc) and while it doesn't always look as visually appealing as stove top cooking, it tastes really good.

To get the most out of your device, make sure you attend a demonstration, have your consultant demonstrate it with you, connect with other users on Facebook pages or similar, and just enjoy using it. It's easy to clean, but some ingredients will cause it to discolour (the lid). Don't stress, this will correct itself over time, and does not at all interfere with the use of it.

There has never been a day in the time I've owned it that I've regretted the decision. I look forward to many, many years of using this. It would be very hard to go back.

Victoria

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good addition to the kitchen...BUT..

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I was very happy with it until recently. Used it for everything but I have never used such a sensitive machine. If the cord isn't all the way out or the cord touches something else it affects the scales. Even a grain of rice under a foot. The scales have stopped working now and it's only 4 months old. It doesn't mince gravy beef either...even chopped into cubes and partly frozen. I love it for everything else but the scales in the machine is a big mistake. Not happy that an expensive machine only 4 months old needs repair.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I was lucky enough to win my TM5. Ive had it just over a year now. No doubt, it is completely worth the price. Ive made so many things i would never have attempted without it. The TM5 guided cooking is great to begin with but once your confident enough, its not essential and most recipes i make dont use the guided cooking. I make so many things from scratch now so its really helped clean up our diet.

1 of 47 pages