Generations:

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2017

The best investment of appliance I have ever purchased

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

I absolutely love my Thermomix. I have had this appliance for about 3 years now, as previously I owned the previous model the TM31. I absolutely love this digital upgrade of the TM5. Where the machine automatically seals the cap, so no pressure build up and explosion, all intact. It does everything, except for frying and who needs that with today's healthy eating regimes. So easy to use, even my kids use it. Loving the digital chip and community page, where you can buy more online recipes and connect it to your thermomix. I highly recommend it.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2015

IT WILL BREAK!!!! my machine is just over 2 years and it will cost £420 to repair !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

The machine just over 2 years old is the second time that goes for repair! first time under warranty and at this time they have sent a bill of £420 totally unacceptable!! the cause is spill in the motor! how is an equipment design for cooking liquids spilling in the motor ? poor assistance poor customer service! I have decided to don't repair and throw it in the Garbage Bin!

Perth

• 10 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Better than expected!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

After having my TM31 for 8 years and never having a single problem with it, I decided to upgrade.

Was hesitant at first after hearing problems from some TM5 owners but I couldn't be happier. Works seamlessly. I enjoy using it more than my TM31, which is now neglected.

I love the new sound once finished cooking, so much more pleasant.

• 5 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 38 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

My best friend in the kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

I absolutely love this machine. I know that it can be temperamental, and I know that if something goes wrong, I'll be without it for a short time. So far, it's been the most amazing thing I've ever bought. While it's extremely expensive, and we know we're ripped off in Australia, it is absolutely worth it. There is rarely a day that goes by without me using it at least once.

You need to go looking for lots of different recipes. The Thermomix books are really great, but sometimes they're a little bland. Look for ones written by Skinnymixer a
nd Tenina, or Jo Whitton to get the best out of it. Being able to make things that you need to buy (such as almond milk, gluten free ingredients, specific flours etc) cuts down on expenses. Being able to use fresh herbs and real stock without preservatives, makes your food taste so much nicer. You get true bursts of recognisable flavour such as garlic and ginger, which is an absolute delight.

The only thing it can't do is brown food. While this is annoying, you can usually work around this, using the TM5 to prep your work (spice mixes/marinades etc) and then brown it off if that was something that was necessary. I use it to steam meat (meatballs/chicken etc) and while it doesn't always look as visually appealing as stove top cooking, it tastes really good.

To get the most out of your device, make sure you attend a demonstration, have your consultant demonstrate it with you, connect with other users on Facebook pages or similar, and just enjoy using it. It's easy to clean, but some ingredients will cause it to discolour (the lid). Don't stress, this will correct itself over time, and does not at all interfere with the use of it.

There has never been a day in the time I've owned it that I've regretted the decision. I look forward to many, many years of using this. It would be very hard to go back.

Victoria

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Good addition to the kitchen...BUT..

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I was very happy with it until recently. Used it for everything but I have never used such a sensitive machine. If the cord isn't all the way out or the cord touches something else it affects the scales. Even a grain of rice under a foot. The scales have stopped working now and it's only 4 months old. It doesn't mince gravy beef either...even chopped into cubes and partly frozen. I love it for everything else but the scales in the machine is a big mistake. Not happy that an expensive machine only 4 months old needs repair.

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Great appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I was lucky enough to win my TM5. Ive had it just over a year now. No doubt, it is completely worth the price. Ive made so many things i would never have attempted without it. The TM5 guided cooking is great to begin with but once your confident enough, its not essential and most recipes i make dont use the guided cooking. I make so many things from scratch now so its really helped clean up our diet.

Brisbane

• 8 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Mar 2015

Helper but NOT a life changer. Tad bit overrated. Would suggest thorough research before purchasing.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

Hi All,
I have had the Thermie for over a year and here are some of my thoughts:

The cons:
1) You probably already know this but I will reiterate it, it does not help with salads. No dicing, slicing and chopping in different shapes. A mush/ puree is all you are going to get.

2) Not useful for processing small quantities. My husband and I like to cook in small quantities and we find that if we try to process/ puree small amounts it only lands up adhering to the body of the mixing bowl. It remains unprocessed. On asking for help or a wor
karound they said, “You can cook in large quantity and freeze”.

What it can do:
3) We use it mainly for making dough and soups. If you are an avid baker, there are other options. Personally, I don’t bake that much so for us it is soups and dough.

4) The recipe list may look extensive but on a closer look you will find it is mainly dips and other things that involve making a puree or dough.

5) Non-cooking expert friendly as forums provide exact quantities and steps. I can ask my husband to make soups. He flies solo and does well!

My Suggestion:

Before making a $2000 investment, I would suggest borrowing a recipe book and taking a close look at what it can do and if that meets your requirements.

Great if you do a lot of dips, soups, cakes, muffins etc.
Great if you always cook in big batches.

Verdict for me!
As for me, I am wondering if I could have settled for a cheaper variant that does soups and dough!
I failed at researching better, but that is my own fault.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

COFFS HARBOUR

• 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Wish I owned one years ago

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

By far my biggest regret is not buying a thermomix sooner!!! This machine is amazing!! So simple, so great to make delicious, healthy food from scratch. Make bliss balls in minutes, or your own tomato sauce, so the satisfaction of dicing an onion in 3 seconds. Amazing! Highly recommend this brilliant device that does everything!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

geelong

• 6 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Great product , so simple to make great healthy meals. Clean up is so easy.We have not had any problem at all Should have bought one a long time ago.
Healthy eating without preservatives and additives . Recipes are great and easy to use, We use it a lot more than we ever thought we would.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Life changing !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Its like having an extra pair of hands. It help saving time chopping, cooking, kneading, mixing, stir...
I love the variety in the recipes and the taste. I liked cooking but when is every day I really don't like it and I was bored cooking the same stuff every week. Now we are eating healthier, quicker, homemade a lot, cutting down on our meal outside in a restaurant. Saving money also in pizzas as we love our homemade ones

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Every kitchen should have one!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

I hated cooking prior to owning my Thermomix and now I cook in it every day. With 3 young children I love knowing what's in their food (and ours!!). It's so easy to use and creates amazing results effortlessly. This appliance should be standard in every kitchen just like an oven and cooktop are.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: May 2016

Buying a second Thermomix.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

After 2 weeks of ownership my husband said he should have bought me one years ago. The machine is not perfect but I have adjusted recipes and cooking methods to my preferences. I could not live without one. When our children leave home we plan on giving them our Thermomixes and we will buy new ones.

1 of 11 pages