Generations:

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2015

It overheats!!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016

I had a TM31 before. I loved that machine. I loved it so much that my friends asked if I was a salesman because I wouldn't stop preaching about it! I even went and I bought two more as presents!

Then the TM5 came out... an even better Thermomix? I couldn't miss that opportunity!

Big mistake. If you want to prepare cold food it is fantastic. It even stores your favourite recipes (at a cost). However, if you want to cook something warm... it overheats and shuts down automatically!

It is so frustrating!

Initially I was told it was bec
ause I had to use slow speeds (no ore than 2) when cooking (something I never had to do with my TM31). But even using spoon speed it can't even finish cooking plain rice.

Very disappointing.

If you have a TM31 and are thinking about changing... don't do it! If you don't have a Thermomix but want one, find a TM31, it is much better and it will be much cheaper!

Good Luck!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Geelong, Victoria

• 25 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 42 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Unrealiable poor customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I loved my Thermomix when it is working. Mine also has also suffered from faulty scales. Seems to be a common fault. Customer service follows a well maintained script this is just an isolated issue blah blah blah. Mine failed after 4 weeks. I kept using it without the scale function as didn't want lengthy return wait. Thermomix are too cheap to pay for packaging for return and they suggest you find a box at your local hardware store. Mine thermomix also started not heating up. I have owned it for 7 months. It will be an expensive paper weight once the warranty expires.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

So very dissapointed with thermomix and my machine. Barely 7 months old and it has faulted on me twice :( not acceptable for such an expensive machine. The customer service has been just as bad. I seriously regret ever buying the machine, i have lost all faith in the product and the company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Faulty

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

Tm5 has a problem with the lid it always shows error. I am fed up of it. I think it's a manufacturing defect. Don't buy it. Don't buy it don't buy it unless there's a service centre near your place. Even then I don't know if it will help.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hamlyn Terrace

• 1 comment
  • 34 helpful votes

Hate it. Like a cult

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

This review is a 30 something male being bullied into the purchase by his wife. The machine is ok at some tasks. Certainly not as wonderful as the nazi like consultants would lead you to believe. clean up is a nightmare and I wonder if it would be easier to throw food around the kitchen and then wipe it up. I also found a lot of the recipes on the recipe community are disgusting. Yet people rate them and give them 4 or 5 stars because they don't want to upset the rest of the cult. It has got to the point where if a recipe goes wrong my wife wil l blame me that dare say anything bad again the culty consultants and community. A disturbing culture that preys on women's need to compete with other and desperate need for acceptance. the cooking classes are more to entice more people to buy. They are filled with lies and often most of the class are TM consultants. If you question anything or argue a point they quickly surround you and try to shut you up. They don't want you disproving their lies and stopping a sale.

22 people found this helpful, do you? Yes