Generations:

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2016

My husband is away alot for work and I work full time. Having a thermomix means my 3yo and I still get a quick healthy homecooked meal each night.
Easy to use. Lits of recipes.
It took ne a little while after I recieved it to find the healthier menu options but there are many.

Hervey Bay, Queensland

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2015

Best Appliance in my home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

No issues with the TM5 at all... I have seen others use their's far less than me which i think is a personal thing not a machine thing. Take a basic recipe like curried sausages the "normal" way to make it one might know... Some pepople don't even consider finding another way in the thermomix which may be easier or tastier. I use mine for everything and cant fathom living without! I purchased it for $2000 so ill be damned if im not going to use it for everything and so far there isnt a single thing i have done in it that i prefer the conventional way.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Central Coast

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

The best thing I have ever bought

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

I am literally obsessed with this product. It is so amazing! It is excessively expensive but it is a real service you get when buying your thermomix. I had a lady come round to my house and host a party while showing me how to use it. I am always making soups, bread, veggie burgers, protein balls, dips, everything!

I would 100% recommend this. Especially to people with young kids. So good for cutting out sugar and salt and know exactly what is in your food as its so easy to make everything from scratch.

Launceston

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Made cooking easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I was lucky enough for ny family to put in for my 21st birthday and might I just say it is my favourite appliance. For someone who was a very basic cook to now making different cuisines and meals all the time I am so happy. The recipe chip makes following along so easy and the online recipe collection makes is possible for me to find a new recipe to try nearly every day. I recommend a thermomix to everyone!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

My life-saver go-to machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2016

This appliance I wouldn't live without It excels at cooking fast delicious meals, bread dough in minutes, and steaming meat and vegies. In summer you can wow your visitors with icy cold sorbets, and icecreams! One of the only things it doesn't do is roast. It is however very easy to clean, and non-stick even bread dough comes off with ease!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

A year of cooking more adventurously

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

I received my TM5 one year ago and so far I've been very happy with it. I use it most days and I feel I can justify the price tag because it does make my life easier. I've definitely cooked a lot of things I wouldn't have tried before, like making my own stock pastes, risottos, sorbets, dips, pizza bases and protein balls. I bake more and I hide more veggies in our food because it's so easy to throw them in and grate them up in the Thermi.
I started off making a lot of the recipes on the chip and then found blogs and websites like Skinnymixer
s, Quirky Cooking and Thermobexta. The Recipe Community is a great resource and I use it regularly.
You can find recipes for just about anything you want to make. I always search the recipes by rating so I can find the most reliable ones.
I don't think it has saved me money on groceries but I have to admit I've not been bothered to make my own bread, yoghurt or pantry staples. I'm sure it is easy to do.
The Thermi is easy to clean. I give it a quick whizz with a little detergent and then use the cleaning brush. I put the bowl in the dish washer and I don't bother taking it apart unless blades are really dirty.
I do think Thermomix could have designed this product better, especially for the money. One day I was making a smoothie and liquid somehow came out of the side of the sealed lid and dripped into the base. As a result I got an error message and was worried I'd have to send it off for repair. Luckily the Thermi dried out and has operated fine since then. My criticism is that the base should be designed so it still works even if it gets wet. It's a worry to me that minor spills could potentially ruin a $2000 machine. I also find it hard to dry the pins inside the bowl base.
Overall I think the quality of the machine is good and I haven't had any issues with the scales.
If you're considering buying check out the Recipe Community and look at most popular recipes so you can see the types of things you can cook and decide if you'd get enough use out of it.
I'm not a consultant, just a customer who has tried to write a fair and balanced review of the product.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

My Kitchen Must-Have!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

I received my thermomix around a month ago now and honestly don't know what I did before it!! Saves so much washing up and does slot of the hard work for you! The family are pretty happy with my purchase too as they are enjoying delicious meals everyday!! It is also all dishwasher proof so cleaning the bowl is easy peasy!!

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Its Amazing, love love love my Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

My Thermomix Excels at everything, It really prompted me to start cooking from scratch, It makes cooking so damn easy. Its definately part of my kitchen and really wouldnt want to be without it!
Its very easy to clean just pop it in the dishwasher or follow the self cleaning in the Basic cookbook
Only Task it falls short on is it cant fry food! But it can prepare the food to fry

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Excellent customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Love my Thermidor & not happy when scales died. I emailed the customer support people, got a call the next day with options on returning it for fixing. I had kept box so packaged it up & thermomix arranged for TNT who picked up on day I nominated. It was returned via courier 7 days later all fixed. Sorry to hear of poor services.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Absolutely love my thermomix! I was hesitant at first given the price tag but I'm so glad I brought one. It has changed our meals for the better. I was never confident in making things from scratch until I brought my thermo now I cook everything from scratch. Can't put a price tag on healthy easy meals. It's also fun to use and very addictive! all I want to do is cook cook and cook. One very happy thermo owner here.

Essendon

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Wow, Thermomix is everything it promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Thermomix TM 5 has been a time saver and $$ saver in our household.
We are all busy and being able to prepare a meal, keep it warm in the Thermo server is just fantastic and no wasted left overs!
Easy to pull apart and clean my teenagers can use it.

3 of 11 pages

Read 424 related reviews

TM5

After selecting "Transportation Mode" I get the message "Please shut down ". What do I do? Do I just turn the power off?

Judy H asked on Jun 11, 2017

Answer this

Press the big silver button until it shuts down. You should always avoid shutting it down by just unplugging it.

Do just as Harmamic says. Keep your finger on the big silver button until the sign comes on saying Thermomix will now shut down. You should shut your machine down this way after each use.

TM5

to thicken up a sauce do you take the m/c off and sit the basket ontop instead? thankyou (tm5)

sophie s asked on Mar 24, 2017

Answer this

apologies - I don't waste my time using the thermomix for sauces - quicker, easier, less time consuming, less washing up with 1 x saucepan + spoon to stir sauce...alternatively, use 1 x microwave safe container + sauce mix + spoon - using microwave - check progress each 30 - 45 seconds...a much better and easier way to achieve your sauces - Just how you like them...:]]]

Definitely. More moisture can evaporate without contents splashing over the kitchen surfaces. Plus, you can still walk away and let the Thermomix cook rather than labouring yourself with a wooden spoon.

TM5

Is it possible to have the Thermomix as carry on luggage?

Alli asked on Jan 10, 2017

Answer this

The blades are not permitted on board. I'm sure there are size restrictions to carry on luggage. If you take the blades out & it fits the size then take it on board!

It's also quite heavy so I'm not sure it would be within the carry on luggage allowance on all carriers.

Hi, l took my thermo as a carry on to Perth. I was told that it fits perfect in overhead lockers. Wrong! ...l held the fight up as I sat waiting with my Thermomix sitting on my lap, while as they arranged for it to go on another flight ...it was quite stressful!!
But l did get through with the blade :)

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details