Generations:

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2016

Made cooking easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

I was lucky enough for ny family to put in for my 21st birthday and might I just say it is my favourite appliance. For someone who was a very basic cook to now making different cuisines and meals all the time I am so happy. The recipe chip makes following along so easy and the online recipe collection makes is possible for me to find a new recipe to try nearly every day. I recommend a thermomix to everyone!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2014

My life-saver go-to machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2016

This appliance I wouldn't live without It excels at cooking fast delicious meals, bread dough in minutes, and steaming meat and vegies. In summer you can wow your visitors with icy cold sorbets, and icecreams! One of the only things it doesn't do is roast. It is however very easy to clean, and non-stick even bread dough comes off with ease!

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Sep 2015

A year of cooking more adventurously

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 29, 2016

I received my TM5 one year ago and so far I've been very happy with it. I use it most days and I feel I can justify the price tag because it does make my life easier. I've definitely cooked a lot of things I wouldn't have tried before, like making my own stock pastes, risottos, sorbets, dips, pizza bases and protein balls. I bake more and I hide more veggies in our food because it's so easy to throw them in and grate them up in the Thermi.
I started off making a lot of the recipes on the chip and then found blogs and websites like Skinnymixer
s, Quirky Cooking and Thermobexta. The Recipe Community is a great resource and I use it regularly.
You can find recipes for just about anything you want to make. I always search the recipes by rating so I can find the most reliable ones.
I don't think it has saved me money on groceries but I have to admit I've not been bothered to make my own bread, yoghurt or pantry staples. I'm sure it is easy to do.
The Thermi is easy to clean. I give it a quick whizz with a little detergent and then use the cleaning brush. I put the bowl in the dish washer and I don't bother taking it apart unless blades are really dirty.
I do think Thermomix could have designed this product better, especially for the money. One day I was making a smoothie and liquid somehow came out of the side of the sealed lid and dripped into the base. As a result I got an error message and was worried I'd have to send it off for repair. Luckily the Thermi dried out and has operated fine since then. My criticism is that the base should be designed so it still works even if it gets wet. It's a worry to me that minor spills could potentially ruin a $2000 machine. I also find it hard to dry the pins inside the bowl base.
Overall I think the quality of the machine is good and I haven't had any issues with the scales.
If you're considering buying check out the Recipe Community and look at most popular recipes so you can see the types of things you can cook and decide if you'd get enough use out of it.
I'm not a consultant, just a customer who has tried to write a fair and balanced review of the product.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

My Kitchen Must-Have!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

I received my thermomix around a month ago now and honestly don't know what I did before it!! Saves so much washing up and does slot of the hard work for you! The family are pretty happy with my purchase too as they are enjoying delicious meals everyday!! It is also all dishwasher proof so cleaning the bowl is easy peasy!!

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Its Amazing, love love love my Thermomix

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

My Thermomix Excels at everything, It really prompted me to start cooking from scratch, It makes cooking so damn easy. Its definately part of my kitchen and really wouldnt want to be without it!
Its very easy to clean just pop it in the dishwasher or follow the self cleaning in the Basic cookbook
Only Task it falls short on is it cant fry food! But it can prepare the food to fry

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jan 2014

Excellent customer support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Love my Thermidor & not happy when scales died. I emailed the customer support people, got a call the next day with options on returning it for fixing. I had kept box so packaged it up & thermomix arranged for TNT who picked up on day I nominated. It was returned via courier 7 days later all fixed. Sorry to hear of poor services.

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Absolutely love my thermomix! I was hesitant at first given the price tag but I'm so glad I brought one. It has changed our meals for the better. I was never confident in making things from scratch until I brought my thermo now I cook everything from scratch. Can't put a price tag on healthy easy meals. It's also fun to use and very addictive! all I want to do is cook cook and cook. One very happy thermo owner here.

Essendon

• 1 answer

Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Wow, Thermomix is everything it promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2016

Thermomix TM 5 has been a time saver and $$ saver in our household.
We are all busy and being able to prepare a meal, keep it warm in the Thermo server is just fantastic and no wasted left overs!
Easy to pull apart and clean my teenagers can use it.

Perth

• 4 answers
  • 87 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5 Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Could not do without my thermomix now.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

Well, let me start by saying that for many, many years I was the "doubting Thomas" that believed anyone raving about such an expensive appliance was only justifying it to themselves. I have truly eaten my words.
My family now eat so much healthier. I used to make a lot from scratch, now I can say I make everything from scratch. I bought it for dinner ideas and inspiration, as 18 years of marriage means I was a bit bored with the same old dinners. I can't believe just how easy it is to whip up wholesome, healthy foods, knowing precisely what has gone into them.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Where have you been all my life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

First and foremost this is a tool, like all tools it will operate safely if you read the instructions and follow them. I am a wanna be master chef and this is an amazing tool. It is too dangerous to have in the house of a comfort food lover! You can be watching your favorite movie while a big bowl of comforting custard is cooking on its own. I am working through every version I can think of in sorbets! Right now it is Mandarin and basil (go figure basil!). You get all the fruit or fruit juice sitting in the freezer and then 3 minute later I'm serving up sorbet. It does everything it promises and more! And it all goes in the dishwasher! Show me a bench top appliance that says you can do that!

Generation: TM5

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

The most incredible machine ever. The consultant was absolutely incredible and it is worth every single Cent. It is Magic. My family loves it. The food you can create in this incredible machine is endless. Saves time and money and everything is so precious and absolutely delicious. I'm sorry to those naysayers who have to whinge about everything but the tm5 is incredible. Let the haters hate this is one incredible machine.

3 of 11 pages