Generations:

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Where have you been all my life!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

First and foremost this is a tool, like all tools it will operate safely if you read the instructions and follow them. I am a wanna be master chef and this is an amazing tool. It is too dangerous to have in the house of a comfort food lover! You can be watching your favorite movie while a big bowl of comforting custard is cooking on its own. I am working through every version I can think of in sorbets! Right now it is Mandarin and basil (go figure basil!). You get all the fruit or fruit juice sitting in the freezer and then 3 minute later I'm serving up sorbet. It does everything it promises and more! And it all goes in the dishwasher! Show me a bench top appliance that says you can do that!

• 1 helpful vote

Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

The most incredible machine ever. The consultant was absolutely incredible and it is worth every single Cent. It is Magic. My family loves it. The food you can create in this incredible machine is endless. Saves time and money and everything is so precious and absolutely delicious. I'm sorry to those naysayers who have to whinge about everything but the tm5 is incredible. Let the haters hate this is one incredible machine.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Geelong, Victoria

• 25 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 42 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Unrealiable poor customer service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I loved my Thermomix when it is working. Mine also has also suffered from faulty scales. Seems to be a common fault. Customer service follows a well maintained script this is just an isolated issue blah blah blah. Mine failed after 4 weeks. I kept using it without the scale function as didn't want lengthy return wait. Thermomix are too cheap to pay for packaging for return and they suggest you find a box at your local hardware store. Mine thermomix also started not heating up. I have owned it for 7 months. It will be an expensive paper weight once the warranty expires.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Can't imagine life without it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Im a working mum with a toddler. And its been a blessing since i got it (4 months or so)
Mealtimes are just so much easier -
* Blades and stirring all in one bowl make it fast - only need to clean one thing.
* easy to clean - using the turbo mode and the TM bowl brush to finish after
* Fantastic quality!! Made of solid steel. Blades are even stronger. Just need to pick it up to feel the sturdiness
* LOVE the knead mode. Have made all sorts of dough - bread to indian bread dough to gluten free bread
* love that i can start the dinner and
leave the house to pick up bub etc. (Timer based cooking)
* Love the online recipe community - Has so many recipes
* Recipe platform is awesome too - I can checkthe recipes that i own remotely so i can shop for them, make shopping lists etc.

Downsides :
* Price, but i expect it to last me my lifetime. (And it pays for itself).
* would like to see non plastic options for the varoma and butterfly whisk. (Steel or so)
* Spatula too...since it does get the odd chink in it.
* Would like to see it programmed to an automated start time...much like a slow cooker.
* more automated recipes on the chip

I have started eating healthier sincei got it. And cooking more too. (Saves money from not having to go out as much )
It has brought my passion back in cooking as its not a chore anymore. :)

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Best purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Thermomix has had some bad press recently due to someone being hurt. I have worked in Emergency departments and have seen what people do with their cars, saws, knifes etc yet we don't jump up and down about that. People are people and sometimes do silly things.

I have had my Thermomix for almost a year, it is the best appliance I own and I use it every day - yes, we took it on holidays too! We eat better & know what is in our food, it has also cut down our food and groceries bill. Best thing is, it has been such a help as I get older wi
th doing things that used to hurt my hands. No more burnt food either and I can walk away, or sit down with a coffee while our meal cooks. Yes, it's an expensive machine, but it will pay for itself in a short while. If you follow the instructions you will be fine. Our Grandkids also love cooking with it, the younger ones supervised, but they are learning lots about the food we eat and getting excited about healthy food. I am not a consultant, just a Mum & Nan who loves her Thermomix and seeing our Grandkids get excited about picking produce including fresh herbs from their gardens and making dinner or lunch. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• 8 answers

Fantastic machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Very good product well worth the money it is expensive but with 60 months interest free there is no problem.
I purchase a Bellini a couple of months ago and after 7 weeks it blow up only used it 6 times like the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
The thermomix is fantastic made bread and ice cream ,cakes and hot dishes as well and the list goes on what you can cook in the thermomix very happy with my thermomix I would highly recommend it to anyone

Linda

• 5 helpful votes

Dissapointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

So very dissapointed with thermomix and my machine. Barely 7 months old and it has faulted on me twice :( not acceptable for such an expensive machine. The customer service has been just as bad. I seriously regret ever buying the machine, i have lost all faith in the product and the company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Generation: TM5

Excellent All in one kitchen appliance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2016

Ballan

Generation: TM5

I have turned into a thermosexual

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2016

By far the best kitchen appliance we have ever bought. I can now cook dishes I never thought I could, it has inspired me to get back into the kitchen. The payment plan is a great idea it's a shame they don't continue with it on a full time basis.

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

This is terrible.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

Paid 2000 dollars for a machine that leaked through first recipe and now the company's or sales rep saying is totally our fault.a 2000 dollar machine that cant tell if it was put together properly and still work baffles me.and when you ring the sales rep and get no help just blame after she promised the world.shame o you thermomix.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Now the sales rep hasnt had no contact and no word what us happening with machine after three weeks.promised the world .so disappointed.

Verified Purchase Generation: TM5

Love It, Love It, Love It

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

I have never been a cook and finding something different to cook for the kids that they will eat was always a struggle, unless it was spaghetti bolognaise. Since I have purchased the Thermomix, I am creating dishes I would never have dreamed of doing, making bread and dough regularly for the family. Also being a coeliac has made cooking and shopping so much easier and I have been able to adjust 90% of the recipes to suit my diet. No more having to read the packet to see what is in there. Using fresh ingredients reduces all that. I have never had an issues with my machine apart from my scales (my fault), found the service and support excellent. Find it very easy to clean and less dishes which is also a bonus.

Cairns

Generation: TM5

Thermomix TM5 worth every cent!!! My family LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the food!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2016

My Thermie has changed our lives...I'm a mum of three kids 5yrs and under and it makes my life much easier at dinner time!!! I work four days per week and so dinner time has to be quick, easy and healthy!!! Of course, there are times we make unhealthy foods. It has saved me money and gets the kids involved! They all want to see whats happening in the kitchen. Even my husband (who doesn't cook much) has made juices in it! We make our own bread, butter, jams, aioli, cakes, mill grains/nuts, steam our dinner, saute our risotto, curries, make icecream, beef stroganoff, lemondate, coleslaw, soup, sauces, dips, mashes, minces meat...and it goes on! Really it is so easy to use...one blade and so no changing blades during cooking. Minimal mess and self cleaning...just LOVE IT! You can purchase them from a consultant and that consultant can help you with any questions you have...the recipe community is great, as is the thermomix recipe platform...you can meal plan and then send your hubby the shopping list!!! Safey features that ensure the machine slows down in the last few seconds of making something on high speed and the arms to the jug take about 3 seconds to open after stopping the machine...LOVE IT! I would be lost without it! REALLY!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes