Generations:

Bromsgrove

• 3 helpful votes

Excellent machine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Don't listen to any negative reviews about Thermomix T5 , I have just purchased one after owning my previous T31 for 10 years. I didn't think it possible to improve on the old model but they have made massive improvements which enable you to make almost anything with perfect results with less mess and fewer pans. I wouldn't want to be without mine as its become part of my life, just like using modern tools in my day job as apose to using out dated hand tools. Buy one you won't be disappointed

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brunswick West, Vic

• 6 comments
  • 1 question
  • 7 answers
  • 39 helpful votes

I love my old TMX31 better

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

I have both the TMX31 and TM5 and I love my TMX31 better.

I find the TM5 has more capacity which is great but I don't find it as intuitive as the TMX31. I get frustrated by having to wait for arms to lock and unlock. I have had liquid come out of the bowl when blending at high speeds despite the arms locking securely. Cleaning the arms is a bit of a pain.

Overall I do love the functions available in the Thermomix, it's great to cook with. Today I went to a friends house and was able to quickly prepare beetroot salad, caramel slice and cannoli custard within 20 mins with virtually no effort from me.

I have found that I've been able to adapt lots of my recipes to the Thermomix to enable me to spend less time in the kitchen.

• 7 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Fantastic if its working!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

I really LOVE my tm5. In fact, I love it so much that I haven't used my stove in months. Problem is, as it does make my life a LOT easier it's impossible to part with which I am facing for weeks (like many others) due to broken scales. Unfortunately, reliability is a big issue. My friend had her scales fixed 3 times and if you ask around nearly every tmx owner will have to send their appliance in within the first 1-2 years, most of the times with known issues. And then repairs can have a very long waiting time as there is only one service centre. So big fat point deduction for after sales.

• 5 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

You have to concentrate and treat this outstanding machine with respect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2016

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 57 helpful votes

Great addition to the Kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

Have had my Thermie for a few weeks now and starting to feel confident using it. Thought maybe it was a younger persons appliance but it is very easy to use especially with the recipe chips which allow guided cooking. You also have many varied recipes to choose from on the web.
Yes......expensive but amazing the number of things you can make in it ........and saving money on things like almond meal/butter/condensed milk and the list goes on and on. Certainly a time saver and and good to know exactly what you are feeding your family.
Can only say that I am enjoying using it and surprise myself each meal I cook.
The appliance was delivered by the consultant who went through all the safety /cooking options and was very thorough

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Yeppoon

• 3 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Well worth the money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2016

I honestly took ages to decide whether to purchase this machine mainly due to its cost and i was also worried it would not live up to my expectations!
I have had the machine for quite a few months now and absolutely love using it and continue to use it almost daily.
I will say that I can cook many meals that taste just as good sometimes if not better without the machine , but the machine for me is a brilliant time saver.
I have cooked so many different meals and everyone has been a success. Custard and rice are fantastic. I find I am being m
ore creative and cooking seems a breeze now thanks to the machine!
I did not enjoy baking for my family but now find it effortless to whip up a banana cake or batch of scones or a slice.
Making bread from scratch is wonderful.
I can totally recommend this machine for people who don't have time to spend in the kitchen and for those who don't enjoy cooking/baking over a hot stove.
The different websites with recipes are also brilliant.

Australind, WA

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

This machine is the best thing we've ever purchased for the kitchen!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2016

I couldn't live without our thermomix - in fact I love it so much I want to get a second one, just cause!! One day.. ;-)
We are a family of 6 and we use it every day - sometimes even three or four times a day!! It has made cooking with teenagers and younger children so much easier, and all of the kids get involved and can follow along with the easy step by step cooking function. The online recipe community plus many other recipes online keep you creating new and impressive dishes so I don't think you could ever get bored with this machine!! And it definitely has enough capacity to feed bigger families like ours :)

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Generation: TM5

Love it, love it, love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2016

I used to be a terrible cook, but now I am pretty good and try things I wouldn't have dreamt of before. I have had mine for about a year and it's a great investment for my family. I have cooked a whole chicken in it, steamed Xmas pudding, Thai, Indian, pastas, risottos, whole meals at a time and as I type this my bread is currently kneading. I suggest people check out recipes at www.recipecommunity.com.au and see the vast range of things you can cook and/or prepare in the thermie.

Perth

Generation: TM5

An amazing piece of equipment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2016

I'll start by saying I won my Thermomix TM5 so didn't have to justify the price tag. Initially I thought I'd try it for awhile and perhaps sell it but I can't be parted from it now! It's such a time saver and I love the fact there is minimal mess. For a last minute BBQ invite I quickly made a chocolate cake, ganache to ice the cake, a dip and a chopped broccoli salad with hardly anything to wash up. The TM5 recipe book is great but I love the online recipe forum - recipes are rated by users and favourite recipes can be saved under categories. M y 10-year-old son made iced finger buns - really easy. I can whip up a quick soup and home made bread rolls or let a risotto stir itself while I do other things. Risotto is ridiculously quick and delicious - throw in whatever you have - roast pumpkin, chicken and baby spinach. Sauces are easy too - I made a delicious sweet & sour that went so well with stir-fry pork and rice. It's quicker at making rice than my rice cooker and gives a better result. Cleaning the jug is a cinch - just add water and whizz - even sticky dough comes off. I love cooking and although this is a more "hands off" way of preparing meals I'm inspired to try new dishes because it's easy to use and there's so little cleaning up. I still use a frypan and wok but can be doing other things in the Thermomix at the same time - steaming veges, making a sauce, cooking rice or making a separate meal for myself if I don't want to eat what the family are having - sauteed veges with chili, ginger & garlic being one my favourites. As to those negative reviews, if you only use it as a blender than yes that's all it will be - it doesn't magically make food for you!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Canberra

• 5 helpful votes

A Glorified Blender.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2015

I regret paying $2000 for a blender and I prefer specialist implements. I still chop vegetables by hand as the chopping function does not work well. The steam function is OK but not great. Many things I thought I would cook such as egg custard don't taste like the hand stirred ones so I don't use it for this purpose. I make smoothies with my nutri blender because it is easier to wash. Similarly with risotto- hand stirred is better. It is good at grinding nuts but my inexpensive spice grinder does this as well. My opinion after having it for a while now, is that I would have been better saving my money.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very expensive blender

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2015

As far as kitchen aids go, this is the king pin. It is brilliant for sauces,soups,mayonnaise and lots of little bits and pieces. But steer clear of any food that involves steaming,especially meats. They are disgusting. The tm5 has no business cooking meat. Brilliant for cooking from scratch if you are concerned about what in your food. But expensive to cook from scratch every meal.

Generation: TM5

Worth the return on investment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 24, 2015

I know Thermomix non owners like to snigger at this appliance but I really need to say that it has been a time saver for me .
No, it won't cook gourmet meals however it will make your custards without stirring, turn your almonds into almond meal in seconds, make dips in seconds and wash clean easily. These are just small example of how it can be a faithful assistant ! Love mine.

5 of 11 pages