Review rating:

Gold Star support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

We approached Think Money 6 years ago, knowing that a) we had to plan differently for our retirement and b) we needed to use the tax we were paying to grow assets. I was very nervous initially (my husband was fine), establishing faith in someone I had known a relatively short time. However, with Chris, and her team, advising and supporting us we have now grown our portfolio to 6 properties and our net worth is now $1.3 million dollars. Yes, there are years where some properties don't grow in value, and yes, sometimes tenants are not always great, but with Chris's advice and amazing support we don't "sweat the small stuff" and we now have a satisfying portfolio of properties.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

I joined ThinkMoney and thank God I did. Chris, Lynn and the team are always instructive, helpful, supportive, welcoming and cheerful. I take the advice they give, as they are professionals, and know that many, many of their clients feel the same. I feel so positive about ThinkMoney I have introduced my son and family to them and they have made their first investment purchase. Thank you to Chris and the team. Thank you Chris and your fabulous team.

Brisbane

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Think Money - Made me Bankrupt!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Yesterday I was declared Bankrupt thanks to Think Money, Sunshine Coast, Australia!
It all starts out well, with lots of positives, support, education, and a access to [name removed] whenever I needed it!
Within 12mths, two investment properties and all going well...but was it really?? I owed over a million dollar and the rental income was barely covering the mortgages and worse, the over inflated property prices I purchased at via Think Property Investments ([name removed] Husbands Company) were now not even worth half what I paid for them t
hree years ago.
So what do I do? A. Battle on haemorrhaging money, with rent that doesn't cover one mortgage, let alone two?
B. Try to sell for a huge loss and owe money that has no income coming in to pay it off? Is there a plan C?
After consulting two independent accountants, both agreed to continue was futile and both concluded Bankruptcy was really the only option to be rid of this mess!
I did meet with [name removed] in a desperate attempt for her to help me and her advice was "that all is not lost as I could use the insurance money claimed over one of the properties as a result of damage from a thunder storm to cover the debts until things turned around in a year or two". Back I went to my independent Accountants who both took a dim view of this strategy. I limped on loosing more money with rents falling further and no tenant in one property for over a month. Now I am a "glass half full kinda-girl" and try to see a positive in every situation, but even I was realising I was running out of options and money. I faced the fact Bankruptcy was looking as an option, but it would be my last resort, and after months of trying to rack my brain how to get out of this situation with my financial reputation in tact and not loose my initially asset worth $300K I realised that this was impossible and Bankruptcy was the only option left as the banks closed in!
To those that have made money (or think they have with multiple investment properties) I wish you every success, but for those that are thinking about investing via Think Money's investment strategy, do so at your peril!!
An associate of mine refers to them as Take Money, not Think Money! Their model relies on debt building debt and overtime this debt will potentially turn into an asset you have equity in. What they don't mention is the months you might be without a tenant; falling real estate prices; and properties they sell to you at over inflated prices!! Yes you might have 2, 3, 4 or more investment properties but it is all built like a house of cards on debt, and can fall apart very quickly if one variable that you might not be able to control changes. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Terrible Mistake Investing with Think Money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

Be very careful with Investing in Think Money. Worst decision of our life..... We have lost over $250,000 to this company and nothing we can do about it. Please don't make the same mistake we did by putting our trust in these people.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Think Are On The Money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

Think Money have provided nothing short of great support and service through their property education platform. I had one home when I started and now I have four. Long term property investment works despite the economic changes in the mining sector. This sector will eventually bounce back and then there are gains to be had. There is risk in crossing the road if you get my drift.

Gold Coast

• 5 helpful votes

Don't do it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

To all the people writing glowing reviews of this mob - I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it. Like some of the others here I was conned into a couple of dud property investments. It appears that some of their reccommended properties are working out and some are not. I have no doubt that, after seeing the original negative postings, the company have asked their "happy" clients to make a post here. Ask yourselves why dont they ask ALL of their clients to do so? I have lost a six figure sum after listening to CC and JC. Its your decision after reading all these posts but the current ratio of success is not good I'm afraid. To the day I die, I will regret the day I met them.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Wow! What a wonderful team! Thanks so much for your help.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I've been so stressed about our finances for such a long time. I finally feel like I have direction and my hubby and I are so happy with what we have learned so far! I am finding the budgeting software really easy to use.

I have reduced my mortgage by $65,000 in 18 months!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

Thank god for Think Money! The simple tips on how to change our banking as been an outstanding success. We have had out mortgage for 10 years and only reduced it by $6k up until we started with Think Money. They help and they care. I have been to dozens of events and have met literally hundreds of happy and successful clients both with massive Home loan savings and lots of property success stories. At the end of the day if you decide to buy property its your choice what you buy. I have 2 properties and they are both great and have grown in value. I have total respect for the whole team, they really look after you and I would recommend them highly. Extremely happy

• 5 helpful votes

Think Money - Think Again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2016

Have a look at the Think Money website, [name removed] says they have developed proven strategies in creating wealth, unfortunately - the wealth is all for Think Money. In the time we were with them, we attended wealth creation seminars and purchased 3 investment properties, as well as 2 off the plan purchases - all have lost money. Five years after purchase, our 3 investment properties are worth approx. $100,000 less than we paid for them. The 2 off the plan purchases also failed. They were supposed to be for on-selling however when a buyer wa s not found, we had to forfeit our deposit money, approx. $40,000. In addition, even though we lost our full deposit, Think Money still took their commission. [name removed] also predict rents will increase on average 10% per year, our own experience is that they have all fallen. In conclusion, we paid $12000 for investment coaching from Think Money and are financially much worse off, I wish I had never heard of this company.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Very happy with Think Money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

I first met Chris and Jack Childs just over a year ago when I was introduced to and subsequently joined Think Money. The BEST decision ever. I'm not going to go on about the success I have had financially since being with Think Money, that was inevitable. All I had to do was listen to and follow the advice of people who know WAY MORE THAN I DO!!!!!! What I want to say is that since meeting Chris and Jack Childs, I feel like I have gained a family. I have never met two people who give so much. Their time (free), their advice (free) and their wisdom (you couldn't pay enough for it) and their genuine care and desire to help people make better lives for themselves. I have seen it first hand on so many occasions, the true and genuine giving spirit of these two hugely kind hearted people, who could quite as easily sit and rest on their laurels and just enjoy their retirement and play with their grandson. Yet, to them, helping others realise their dreams is what makes them happy. I don't know when they sleep, they seem to be everywhere, doing, giving, helping and yet they still have plenty of time to be doting grandparents. Thank you Chris and Jack and your wonderful professional team. I wouldn't be where I am today without you.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes