Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I have never heard more rubbish in my life! Have paid for solar yet no one can seem to help with rebooking in solar after the installers came with no brackets for our roof tiles! Constantly being the same rubbish that we will get a call back yet still nothing

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Abby, Could I please have your reference number so I can take a look in to this for you? -T

T495578 and contact my partner as he is the one true value solar keeps messing around every time he calls.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Would not install as snakes around area

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

They went to Birchip to install solar but didn't bring some things the installer was told to keep an eye out for snakes as some have been seen in Birchip so he has refused to install as he dose not like snakes. I said to the person at the office this is Australia and you can expect to see a snake espially in the Bush he told me no that's not right as he has never seen a snake in 20yrs he has lived at glenwaverly lucky him I was also told as I ordered the system in November it would be installed b4 chrismas then 2nd week of Jan then it was Feb well it was 2nd week of march b4 they came up to Birchip maybe they need to find some men to do the work

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, This is correct. However, we were informed there were quite a few brown snakes in the shed you were wanting installation on, the person who was at the property advised that the property is "... read more »

The shed was not full of snakes what she told me was she told your installer that there have been snakes seen around Birchip and to keep an eye out

True Value Solar Official

If you can have a snake handler out there and have it in writing there are no snakes in the shed, we are more than happy to go back out.

As it is, we cannot send our installers back out there after having been told the shed is full of snakes.

Gawler SA

The Worst Company I Have Ever Had The Misfortune To Deal With

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Inverter on my 5 Kw system stopped working on 8 December 2016 and I reported it. Warranty clearly states that inverter problems will be fixed within 72 hours. What a joke. I have been told lies by this company regarding the reasons I still have no working inverter. Today, 23 March 2017 was to be the day I have my inverter replaced. A simple remove the old one, fit the new one. Half hour at the most I would think. I took the day off as I was told they could not give me a time. It is now 5.22 pm and still no inverter. I have called the service li ne for the company, put on hold for ages and then got the message that they will call me back. 3 times I have done this today. I did get through once and was told they would get back to me with a time that the job would be done. No call was received and I tried again but could not get anyone to answer the phone. I called the sales number and low and behold it was answered straight away. I made my complaint and the best they could do was to say they would send an email to "someone" in charge and they would get back to me by 9.30 am tomorrow morning. What are the chances of that?

This company is a sham. Once they have your money they do not want to know you. How Essendon football club manage to get anything out of them I shudder to think. According to Consumer Affairs they owe me for the power that would have been generated for the period of time I have been waiting to have an inverter replaced which is about 3 and a half months! What of my chances of getting payment for that within the next 3 and a half months. Do not believe anything the supervisor [name removed] tells you!

If you are thinking of getting solar DO NOT engage this company! Number is T270821 so check it out!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Dear Chris, My name is Patrick, I am the CEO of True Value Solar. I have personally had a look in to your order with us and I can see your inverter was replaced this morning. I do hope this proces... read more »

Hello Patrick, Thank you for your response. It is a pity that it took my review to get some sort of response from your company. Yes the sub contractors did arrive this morning and have fixed the p... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Dear Chris, I am very happy to hear your issue was fixed. As with most electrical items, including computers etc, the first point of troubleshooting is to always reboot the system. This tends to f... read more »

Terrible Service! Given the run around by this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

The Service at this place is completely ridiculous. I've rang numerous times and have not had a return call or email from anyone, despite numerous assurances that I would get a call back. I have had to consistently make calls to the office to ensure that my matter is still be attended to. I was given the run around and also been given a series of conflicting information.

I had our solar panels installed in 2011 and it has a 10 year warranty.

Detailed below is the timeline of our matter, which still hasn't been resolved!!!

On 30/01/2
017 - Our inverter and the wires caught on fire. I rang True Value 5 times to see what they could do - no answer. Finally I rang Western Power who sent a technician to cut the power from the solar panels. However, I was told that a solar panel technician would have to come down and turn the power off directly on the roof.

On 31/01/2016 - I rang TVS again. They weren't sure if they could send someone to turn off the power. Only when I told them I had children in the house and that Western Power said there was a chance of danger did the customer service rep say that they would send someone the next day. I told them to ring me beforehand so that I could ensure that I was at home and was assured that they technician would call me 30 mins before they arrived.

On 1/02/2017 - The technicians came at 7.30. However they did not call to ensure that I was at home (it was just lucky that it was early morning so I was at home). The two technicians turned off the power and went to look at the inverter which was burnt out. I could hear them saying that this is installed incorrectly, but they would have to get an expert installer just to confirm. They technicians said that they would go back to the office and let them know the situation. They took photos to show the office.

On 6/02/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. I was told that a manager would be informed of my call and someone would ring me back to give me an update on my situation.

On 8/02/2017 - I rang TVS since I still haven't heard from them. I was told that they were waiting for an installer to come out to my place to assess the situation and then they will let me know what's happening.

On 15/02/2017 - I rang TVS since I still haven't heard from them. They said that the matter had been resolved and that the inverter had been installed. I told them nothing has been completed. No one has come out yet. The customer service rep rang the WA office and was then informed that they were waiting for the scheduler to call me and make an appointment. However they said that the installer is busy and will take 1-2 weeks to be free. They asked me to call back next week if I hadn't heard back from them.

On 20/2/17 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. They said (AGAIN) that the matter had been resolved. I told them nothing had been rectified. They said that they would send an email to Perth office and they would ring me back regarding this.

On 21/02/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. They said they have made contact with the installer and they would give us a call in the next few days. Apparently our matter had fallen through the cracks and no-one has attended to this.

On 23/02/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. They said they have arranged for an installer to come on the 28/01/2017 but they gave no time. I asked about compensation for all the time that they have been dragging this matter on, but was told that they won't compensate since it was reasonable to wait 4-6 weeks for an installer and anything beyond that time we may get compensated.

On 28/02/2017 - Installers came, they said that the issue was bigger than they initially thought and they didn't have the correct equipment for installation. They said that since the wall is burnt from the fire, that they would have to claim insurance from the initial installers and they would repaint at no cost to us and then they will install the inverter once the wall is repainted. They took photos of my initial documents and also photos of the inverter and the wall to take to the office.

On 10/03/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. They said they sent an email on the 9/03/2016. They could not get into contact with the Perth office. However when I mentioned the insurance and repainting the wall, I was told by the customer service rep that it was our responsibility to repaint the wall at our own costs. I told her the installers came and said that we wouldn't have to pay a cent since it was installed incorrectly. They said they would try to contact Perth Office and someone would get back to me.

On 17/03/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. She said that she would email them and call them on Monday to follow up. I asked about compensation and she said I may get compensation but she's unsure.

On 20/03/2017 - I rang TVS since I haven't heard from them. He said that the inverter will now be replaced AT OUR OWN COST. I told them that it's ridiculous since they've been telling me the complete opposite and their inverter created a fire and it's still under warranty. He said that this is beyond him and he has now escalated this matter to his manager who will supposedly call me today or tomorrow.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Van, I think they're may be crossed wires here. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and things were not explained clearly. We are needing you to get a quote on your wall to... read more »

Hobart

• 11 comments
  • 30 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Can't seem to even organise a warranty replacement

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Inverter started to say output of less than 20 watts on a day when it would normally be over 2000 watts.
Did a system restart. Same issue.
A couple of days later, the inverter started cycling on a message saying 'Reconnect in x seconds'
Today it's doing an output of less than 20 watts again and sometimes cycling with the same message above.
Calling sales results in an almost instant phone pick up, calling service results in hanging on the phone.
Email sent over 48 hours ago remains unanswered.
Looks like True Value Solar only action issues when people leave reviews on Product Review and social media.
T118171

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi,
I can see our customer care consultant has been in constant contact in regards to your inverter issue. Was there something else you needed help with?
Please do let me know.
-T

Your consultant a few days ago asked if a reboot had been done. I replied saying yes and the issue still persists. Since then I have heard nothing at all including any info about getting it fixed. ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Please do understand, as per the email you have pasted here, a reply can take 10 business days. As far as I am aware, your enquiry came through on a Saturday afternoon and you were replied to on Mo... read more »

Logan

• 3 comments

Horrible almost a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Nothing but problems. They are hard to get in contact with after you sign up and pay.
They say things are included in the price with the sales team. But then the installer comes out and tells you about the extra charges.
They stall and delay installation. They bring out the wrong amount of panels.
Then stole the deposit after i refused to pay for their mistakes.
Record all your phone calls or use emails for proof.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, I apologise for the issues you are having, could you please provide me your reference number so I can have a look and see if there's anything I can do to assist?
-T

489603 Although I doubt it! This is the fastest response i have ever got from you company. You just stalled till the cooling off period was over! So you can guarantee to keep the deposit! Fair ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

In regards to the 10 day cooling off, we tried multiple times within those 10 days to contact you and were unable to do so. You requested the cancellation a few months later. This is the reason for... read more »

Never recommend to anyone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I was installed a 4kw system 2 years ago and before 2years I had an issue of system shutdown. First this happen on long weekend and try to call the customer service but no one there to answer. After the weekend got through with one and ask to reboot the system as shown on the inveter. It works normally for few days and the issue back again so I did few times. Then I called again and the lady told me you are due to get the 2years service n that might fix the issue but I insisted Issue of the inverter not the service. Then the issue transfered to the inverter manufacturer. After a week I got a call and he said the issue is on the ac isolater and he pass the ball back to true vale. No one call me for 2 weeks and I called TVS n they said this issue can be sorted by arranging the service and I have to pay $200 for that but I said I will arrange that but to fix the the issue. Then the lady arrange the technician but she said it waiting period will be 4-6 weeks, up to now 6 weeks and I have to wait another 6 weeks. I will lost solar energy 6 weeks. This is how their after sale service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Pra, I'm very sorry to hear you are having these issues. If you could message me your reference number I will look into this ASAP for you. Thank you.
-T

Hi What ref no? Today I got a call from them n I have to pay $200 for the service booking, to cover your issue, which I am 100% sure the technician will say this is an installation issue which is u... read more »

True Value Solar Official

A number that would begin with a T. If you booked a service today you should have been provided a W number. Alternatively, you can message me privately your phone number, so I can find you in our system. Thank you, -T

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

We had panels and the SolaX inverter installed in September 2015, great job installing them, then we had issues after 6 weeks of them running then the inverter went off, rang many times, finally got someone out to fix it, then it went of again after about 6 weeks later again, so after phoning them again quite a few times they decide to replace the SolaX inverter, worked for about 4 months, rang again told them the same thing, they did send some nice people out n checked everything n told us that when it was quite a hot day too much energy was g oing back into the inverter n causing it to cut out, so they needed to do 2 lots of 10 cables instead of having 1 lot of 20 which makes sense, that was on the 21st October 2016, the nice young fellow rang I don't know how many times to tell them what the issue was, so he got it working again, no one from TVS even rang us so someone could come n rectify the situation until we found the SolaX inverter not working again on Xmas Day, sadly we couldn't ring them until we came home from holidays, s I rang them on the 10th Jan 2017, they came on the 19th Jan 2017 n divided the cables, but weren't told to bring n inverter just incase, so I rang them after the blokes left on the 19th Jan n 4 times since, and was told everytime that they didn't have any inverters in stock when the young fellows said they did, always get told that [name removed] will ring me back, I'm so cheesed off at the moment that we haven't got any chance of enjoying the panels yet :( I think it comes to a time that we ask for our money back n TVS come pay for all the fixing up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Sue, I am very sorry to hear of your ongoing issue. Could you let me know if this has been rectified, and if not, could you message me your reference number so I can look into this ASAP for you?
-T

So Far So Good - Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Drew, I am very pleased to hear you are happy! Jena is fantastic and was very happy to hear you are satisfied. Thank you for your positive feedback!
-T

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Be Very Careful if Dealing with this Dishonest Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

In a bid to save on electricity costs, I phoned True Value Solar (TVS) to price a 5 kW solar install. The sales rep from TVS used satellite imagery to view my roof space and gave me a good quote based on my house being two storey. I then paid my deposit and booked in my install.
When the electrician came to do the install, he informed me that he could only install a 4 kW system on my roof space and that my house was higher than a normal 2 storey home and that would incur a further fee. I was put on to a sales rep on the phone who proceeded to
tell me that my home was 3 storey (it's clearly not). He treated me as if I was lying and then told me the new price would be more than agreed but for a 20% smaller system.
I was insulted by this man and saw this as an obvious tactic to extort more money from me. I did not agree to proceed with the install.
TVS agreed to refund my deposit, but 3 months later have not done this. They do not respond to emails and do not call back. It seems the refund manager is on permanent leave.
This is a deceitful company that should be avoided at all costs!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi James, I have messaged you in regards to this, could you let me know if this was resolved when you are able to? Thank you.
-T

Hi,
No this has not been resolved yet. The deposit hasn't been refunded to my credit card.

True Value Solar Official

I have messaged you in regards to this -T

• 2 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Did everything wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Questionable bait & switch sales practice selling a system that could not be installed and using this to sell a much smaller unit at almost the same price.
I had to chase to organise installation.
Contract installers could not install what was sold.
Terrible follow up and aggressive "customer resolution" department, clearly established to deal with all the complaints.
Terrible communication.
Return of the deposit on the never never if it ever arrives?
Product review offered to mediate, and I agreed to resolve this privately, but have had no response from anyone.
I should have checked out this site before even considering True Value Solar.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, I can see we sent you a message earlier this month, could you let me know if you have had this resolved?
-T

Your representative cancelled the order.

True Value Solar Official

Could you let me know if you received your refund and the matter resolved?

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Old Chinese Man Still Wayting....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

System installed 6/12/17 -No power generated as of 23/1/17.
Seems on install they forgot to program date in inverter.
For weeks they blamed supplier.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, could you let me know if this was rectified or if there is anything I can do to assist?
-T

Power is now generated but awaiting resolution of split system paid for but not installed.

True Value Solar Official

Could you provide me your reference number so I can look into this for you? -T

1 of 52 pages