Perth, Western Australia

Verified Purchase

Stage 1 Sales : Tick -- Stage 2 Installation : Tick -- Stage 3 After Sales Support : To be determine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

I have always been slightly sceptical about any reviews as sometimes you never know the authenticity of the content. So I thought I would put my experience with Tru Value Solar up as I admit after reading some of the reviews I did have concerns (which have all since been proven unwarranted and incorrect).

I will say one thing when dealing with any company sales people, if they are selling their products by bad mouthing other companies I would stear clear of them. When shopping around I did get this a lot however the sales person at Tru Value
focused on his products, company history and reputation rather than his competitors.

I originally quoted a 10Kw system a while back and paid a deposit as per normal. I subsequently changed my mind about the size due to my own lack of information from previous power bills as I had only been in the house for a short time. I requested a refund and said I would re engage Tru Value solar further down the track in 6 months or so.

After reading some of the reviews that stated refunds are impossible or take forever to be processed I started to worry slightly but subsequently found that my refund had been approved and received within 24 hours. So reflecting on the reviews that I had read regarding refunds I found them to be untrue.

So passing the test of issuing the refund with no ill feelings or hassle I was confident enough to contact the initial sales person to start the process again in the future.

After receiving another 6 months worth of bills I selected a 6Kw system this time and paid the deposit on the phone. No one was pushy or anything like that and I had done some prior research so the sales side of the fence was a relatively straight forward processes and nothing like some of the negative reviews suggest.

Since the deposit the final payment was authorised and the system was installed the next day to my surprise being very quick.

Again after reading the reviews I was worried now about the standard of the trades person attending site and the quality of the installation. So my findings for the installation were that the two gents were well mannered, knowledgeable and very professional unlike what some of the other reviews stated. The actual installation was done in a neat and tidy manner including the positioning of the solar panels and inverter in the garage.

Being a fresh installation I have not had to contact after sales support so this is yet to be determined. Obviously if I have to go through this process I will write up a separate review.

So based on my experience so far, would I recommend them.... Yes absolutely.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Lack of any sort of service/follow up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mandurah W

No service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

Clean Energy Regulator did an inspection on my solar panels.
I contacted company 5 times since Feb 2016 and sent an email with a copy of problems.
I was told on my third call that these are minor problems and there is no hurry.
On my last call I was told they would fix this if I had a service and that they would ring me back once again. But never did. I was also told that problems are too minor for consumer affairs.
. Earthing connections not up to standard.
. Wiring to the inverter and panels not protected from mechanical damage.
. Ro
of penetrations not sealed or waterproofed to last the life of the system.
. Panel mounting structure and attachment to the roof deemed not to be secure.
. Cables and wiring not securely fixed to minimise movement.
. Dc isolator enclosure not sutiably installed to prevent water ingress.
More minor points.
I have given up and will go to another company for my extra panels and service.

Ballarat

Verified Purchase

Stay away from this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

Following installation roof leaks broken tiles everywhere...damaged ceiling inside... numerous calls ignored $700.00 to repair the roof. Now closed in the Ballarat area no way known I could recommend these fly by nighters.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Morning Robert I hope you are well I know that Jeremy has been in contact with you regarding this. If you need any further information, please do not let hesitate to contact us.
Thanks Natalie

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Replaced inverter with a second hand one

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

My 82 year old mothers inverter failed,reported the problem,7 weeks later it was replaced,but with an old weathered second hand one,have emailed one of your people,who organized the technician and told him about the second hand replacement,but no reply

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Still waiting for a reply from true value solar,about the replacement second hand inverter installed,if not i will have to contact consumer protection.

Reference number T124771 if any tvs admin might try to help

True Value Solar Official

Hi Craig, we are glad to hear that Terry for our customer care team could assist you with this matter. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact True Value Solar. Thanks Natalie

Newborough, Victoria

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Very fast install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

Called up on monday to have the solar system installed a 3kw tvs special with in home energy monitor

Wednesday the installer come out and installed it and then thursday the inspector come on and made it all live all within a few days of each other talk about FAST service and friendly team

cant fault the install so far everything seems to be in good order and really happy with the support

only time will tell if the inverter like most of the reviews decides to make with the fishes if that is the case the review will be updated but so far so good :D

keep up the good work

Geelong

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Really i cant complain - yet

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2016

Reading all the comments took a while to Get my solar, but reading reviews on other solar providers it always was customer service that was poor and pushy sales, wondering if its True value or the customers with little knowledge or over the top expectations?, True value was never pushy more friendly approach to win your sales.
My gut feelings kept making me come back to true value. The sales they had where great, Typical sales tactics (eg just check with my manager if can offer this deal, do you have this running ok just a sec have to redesig
n the system), being an engineer and sales my self i knew what i was getting into, but must admit they are pretty good, have the right tools, bare in mind if have a new house not on the map yet it is hard for them to quote. Only thing that i queried when you do call up and mention the sale it was never offered or was 1 to 2 grand more that what they say online. Doing simple maths though on what they quoted same price for a 5kw system online but was quoted for a 3.68kw the price was still pretty good considering it was a bosch inverter and decent panels, if anyone wondered the STC's pay for installation from what i worked out. Anyways I cant complain about customer service, yes sales are strictly sales, finance is strictly finance, as i did ask questions which where not answered. But on a good side they where always in prompt contact in organizing installation, was told around 6 week wait but had it all completed from installation to inspection to even grid connect in less than 2 weeks! They are great at organizing things. Installers where good. I cant really complain, Just seen no grid usage from 3 pm when the meter was connected and exported 11kw in one overcast day from a 3.68kw Bosch system which i must say is great! Just waiting on my power provider to send me the letter. just a note, solar from any installer can be a lengthy process they all have to go through a particular process, get the install approved by a 3rd party, send that approval to your provider etc for meter config and Tarrif stuff. my parents went through a smaller company, service was good but connecting the meter took 3 months.. True value are a big provider, who must be busy, busy businesses seem to lack customer service but its just how you deal with them, the strong side is there administration from first query to install it was very smooth. They showed me how to use the inverter on install day. Did break quite a few tiles but its common on new tile roofs, i had spares, job is neat and they worked with the complicated roof setup i had working around aircon units, solar hot water so no solar panel had shadows casted on them. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! I think a lot when have solar installed they expect to get good returns, they don't have a good understanding about solar, if something ain't right they have a good cry threatening any company they deal with and expect to FIX IT ASAP as they have to pay for electricity not generated Awwww!. LOTS of things affect solar, a bird crapping on one panel is enough to bring down the whole system. Look at microinverters if expect a lot out of your system but expect to pay a high price. All in all True value service is great, i would rather have smooth installation with out headaches that have to deal with administration waiting for it to be connected, having a system sitting there installed but cant be turned on for several months after install. Some company have poor admin, poor customer service. True value work very well for the amount of work, complaints, sales, quote requests they must get. Oh in regards to support of the Bosch inverter, Bosch is surprising great with there customer service, if have it connected to the internet they will promptly log in and make sure all is running well. Its also monitored for efficiency.

• 4 helpful votes

Really poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2016

Initially getting the solar panels installed was extremely quick and True Value Solar were extremely efficient. Once the solar panels were installed and they got their money however it all went down hill from there. It's been 2 months since our panels were installed, the contracted installer didn't send the form A to Ergon and TVS didn't really chase up the installer until I started hounding them. Finally the installer submitted the Form A then every couple of days for a week I've been asking TVS (Brisbane office) if there's anything I need to do to finalise it all. I gave up as they weren't getting back to me and phoned Ergon who said yes I need to confirm with my retailer. Really poor service in the end, quite disappointing.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Dear EShopper, I am very sorry about your experience with us. Please let me assist you further. Would you be able to provide me with your reference number and I will get this sorted for you. Thanks Natalie

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Do not touch this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I've waited six months for a broken inverter to be replaced. They lie to me constantly. I've put a complaint in to consumer protection because I don't know what else to do. Absolute banndits. Run a mile from this mob.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Dear Michael, to help me investigate this matter, would you be able to provide me with your customer reference number? Once I receive this I can assist you further. Thanks Natalie

Perth

Verified Purchase

Nice product quality. But installer not really.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

They installed 5kw system on my tile roof with Bosch converter. However, when I checked the attic for any water leak while raining, I found that flexible duct of my exhaust ceiling system was left hanging and not connected to exhaust roof vent. They moved the vent on a different location for them to install the solar panels next to each other. The installer never mentioned to me about the flexible duct issue when they ask my signature on the checklist.
I contacted the True Value Solar and they told me they will informed their installer. After three weeks, contacted them again to inform the problem has not been fixed. I never heard any response from them since then.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Dear Jayson, I am sorry that you still have not received a response from us. I will chase the installer up and provide you with a date but in the meantime please provide me with your reference number. Thanks Natalie

No need to contact the installer. I have now replaced the flexible duct of my ceiling exhaust system.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Ongoing issue with inverter

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I have made several phone calls and e-mails and now have spoken to Fair Trading. I had ongoing issues with True Value Solar before the system was installed ( 6 months wait) and again when the inverter fell off the wall with True Value Solar staff blaming me which was not the case (2 months wait). It was the fault of the original installer as they placed screws into the mortar instead of the bricks but True Value Solar would not take the blame. They actually blamed me.
I had to buy a new inverter through my insurance company. Once again the
inverter fell off the wall but I demanded a bracket be placed around the inverter when the electrician came to install the new inverter. The installer did not know I demanded a bracket so he went off to buy this bracket. This stopped it from completely falling to the ground. True Value Solar could not believe that I demanded a bracket which is the worst bracket I have seen but it worked. When the next installer came out to fix it back onto the wall he showed me where the screws were incorrectly placed.
Now this inverter, which is only 4 years old stopped working in March but did not notice till April and after many phone calls and e-mails saying it is not under warranty and with a slow response from True Value Solar with my last e-mail (1 month),they are saying that the warranty is when the complete installation was done under their terms and conditions. A new inverter costs approx $1,800 - $2,000.
I have spoken to Fair Trading today and because I bought the inverter 4 years ago it has a new warranty which covers 5 years. The Sunny Roo inverter that I bought which replaced the previous one, I am told, is not produced anymore. Wonder why.
I have now had to pay for my electricity bill which was $700 where previously I was in credit with 5kw solar system. I wanted a quick positive outcome but it is dragging on. As you can see I am not very happy with True Value Solar

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Thank for reaching out to us regarding your concerns, do you have a reference number so that I can locate your file? I will escalate this matter to our Resolutions Manager. Thanks, Steph

Steph
T4604 then T119198 when I bought new inverter
thanks

It is now August 8th. I have still not received a reply. in this matter. I sent you the information that you asked and still no assistance!!!. My power bill will be due again another $700 bill - will you pay for this?

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

No action despite my many phone calls.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2016

Job put in for inverter to be replaced at the beginning of May 2016. Almost two months on nothing has been done. Have made about five calls, always told our job would be marked as urgent and that we receive a call. Called this morning and was told our inverter was ordered on 9th June and they were waiting for stock. What was True Value doing for the past month. If there is no stock does that mean no solar panels are being laid for the time being? Supervisor, [name removed], would not come on the phone and my call was handled by a tr ainee who obviously did not have a record of my previous calls or did not know where to look for it. My patience is running out. My inverter has been switched off from beginning of May. Our electricity is going to go up. Is True Value Solar going to reimburse us. Take action soon True Value Solar
Called True Value Solar for the 7th time this morning (28 June 2016). I was told by [name removed] at the Melbourne Office that I would receive a call from the Perth installer by the end of the day. No phone call as yet. I am tired of calling the office. Kept on hold for more than 10 minutes. I would like to know when this matter will be resolved. Take Action.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Florence, I'm really sorry about any delays with your warranty claim. I will chase this up for you and you will be contacted as soon we have a booking date for you. Thanks, Steph

Following on from my review published on June 28. I did not get a call from the WA office. I called again on June 29, was told that I would get a call from the technician the same day. No cal... read more »

1 of 49 pages