Verified Purchase

Do not touch this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I've waited six months for a broken inverter to be replaced. They lie to me constantly. I've put a complaint in to consumer protection because I don't know what else to do. Absolute banndits. Run a mile from this mob.

Verified Purchase

Nice product quality. But installer not really.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

They installed 5kw system on my tile roof with Bosch converter. However, when I checked the attic for any water leak while raining, I found that flexible duct of my exhaust ceiling system was left hanging and not connected to exhaust roof vent. They moved the vent on a different location for them to install the solar panels next to each other. The installer never mentioned to me about the flexible duct issue when they ask my signature on the checklist.
I contacted the True Value Solar and they told me they will informed their installer. After three weeks, contacted them again to inform the problem has not been fixed. I never heard any response from them since then.

Ongoing issue with inverter

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I have made several phone calls and e-mails and now have spoken to Fair Trading. I had ongoing issues with True Value Solar before the system was installed ( 6 months wait) and again when the inverter fell off the wall with True Value Solar staff blaming me which was not the case (2 months wait). It was the fault of the original installer as they placed screws into the mortar instead of the bricks but True Value Solar would not take the blame. They actually blamed me.
I had to buy a new inverter through my insurance company. Once again the
inverter fell off the wall but I demanded a bracket be placed around the inverter when the electrician came to install the new inverter. The installer did not know I demanded a bracket so he went off to buy this bracket. This stopped it from completely falling to the ground. True Value Solar could not believe that I demanded a bracket which is the worst bracket I have seen but it worked. When the next installer came out to fix it back onto the wall he showed me where the screws were incorrectly placed.
Now this inverter, which is only 4 years old stopped working in March but did not notice till April and after many phone calls and e-mails saying it is not under warranty and with a slow response from True Value Solar with my last e-mail (1 month),they are saying that the warranty is when the complete installation was done under their terms and conditions. A new inverter costs approx $1,800 - $2,000.
I have spoken to Fair Trading today and because I bought the inverter 4 years ago it has a new warranty which covers 5 years. The Sunny Roo inverter that I bought which replaced the previous one, I am told, is not produced anymore. Wonder why.
I have now had to pay for my electricity bill which was $700 where previously I was in credit with 5kw solar system. I wanted a quick positive outcome but it is dragging on. As you can see I am not very happy with True Value Solar

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Thank for reaching out to us regarding your concerns, do you have a reference number so that I can locate your file? I will escalate this matter to our Resolutions Manager. Thanks, Steph

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

No action despite my many phone calls.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2016

Job put in for inverter to be replaced at the beginning of May 2016. Almost two months on nothing has been done. Have made about five calls, always told our job would be marked as urgent and that we receive a call. Called this morning and was told our inverter was ordered on 9th June and they were waiting for stock. What was True Value doing for the past month. If there is no stock does that mean no solar panels are being laid for the time being? Supervisor, [name removed], would not come on the phone and my call was handled by a tr ainee who obviously did not have a record of my previous calls or did not know where to look for it. My patience is running out. My inverter has been switched off from beginning of May. Our electricity is going to go up. Is True Value Solar going to reimburse us. Take action soon True Value Solar
Called True Value Solar for the 7th time this morning (28 June 2016). I was told by [name removed] at the Melbourne Office that I would receive a call from the Perth installer by the end of the day. No phone call as yet. I am tired of calling the office. Kept on hold for more than 10 minutes. I would like to know when this matter will be resolved. Take Action.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Florence, I'm really sorry about any delays with your warranty claim. I will chase this up for you and you will be contacted as soon we have a booking date for you. Thanks, Steph

Following on from my review published on June 28. I did not get a call from the WA office. I called again on June 29, was told that I would get a call from the technician the same day. No cal... read more »

Verified Purchase

Love your house? Don't use these demo-experts.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

True value solar, perhaps you should call me about your cowboys and my impending calls to consumer protection before I publish in all it's glory what your cowboys and your company have done. Pay full price? I think not. If you value your roof, don't touch this company. $5,500 worth of damages. Thanks True Value, and thanks for ignoring my calls and e-mails. You're awesome!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi There, Thanks for reaching out regarding your concerns. I'm sorry to hear you've been unhappy with us. Please send me an email to feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au so that I can address your concerns. Thanks, Stephanie

True Value Solar Official

Hi, I can't seem to see that you sent us an email about your concerns. We'd love to look into this for you and resolve the matter with you. Please send us an email with the subject "Reviewerunhappy... read more »

P

• 1 comment

Excellent Service and Price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2016

I choose to proceed with them because they gave me a German Bosch Inverter and Q-Cells Solar Panels for a competitive price. They were very easy to deal with all through the process. The installers were also very friendly and done the job well. However, I have heard that Bosch doesn't make this inverter anymore. If that is true then there might be a risk with warranty repair and so on.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Thanks very much for your positive feedback! If you ever have any questions please contact me at feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au and I'll be happy to help! Thanks, Steph

Thanks Steph. Can you please confirm my last statement? Is it true that Bosch doesn't make this inverter anymore?

True Value Solar Official

There is no risk with repairs or warranty with this product. Bosch, being such a large reputable company, would not risk that sort of damage to their brand. However rest assure, you have a warranty... read more »

Perth

Won't fix damaged property

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Had 3kw system installed a few weeks back. No complaints about install. As the junior members for the contractor were reversing out of the complex driveway I heard a loud crack and that's when I realised they knocked over the garden light. They got out and had a look at the light laying in the garden bed, stood it back up and got back in their car and left. Rang the owner and said the juniors damaged the light so he had gotten them to come back to try and "fix" the light. They came back, begrudgingly, and tried to fix the light by compacting th e ground down around it. I told them that the light should not be able to move and it should be like the one next to it. The juniors ignored me the whole time they were back. Once they were satisfied the job had been done they got back in their car and left. Still not happy I rang TVS and reported the issue. Was told by the installation manager in WA that they would make the contractor return to fix the light correctly and have the contractor call me direct. 3 more phone calls TVS and a week and a half later I still had not had a call from the contractor nor had they come back to fix the light. Frustrated by the lack of customer service I contacted the call centre to advise them no action had been taken and if nothing was done within 2 weeks I would assess my situation and if need be progress the issue to consumer protection to see what my rights in this matter are. 2 weeks is up tomorrow and still, I have not had anyone contact me in relation to fixing the light. TVS are happy to know you when you are buying or when you need to make final payment but when you need them to make contact about a light, they don't want to know. TVS, you hire contractors to do a job and as such you have vicarious responsibility for them. All I want is for the light to be fixed. That is why they have insurance to safeguard against things like them knocking over a light or possibly driving into the wall of a house. Not happy!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Trevor, following our previous private messages, I have chased up the installer, I'm very sorry that he had not yet contacted you as he had advised us he would. He has assured me he will attend ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Trevor, I understand the installer has re-attended and the issue is now rectified. If you ever have any issues in the future please email us at feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au and we'll be happy to help. Thanks, Stephanie

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase

They take your money and run.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2016

When I phoned for a quote, I was surprised to be told that no one needs to come out to inspect the house, it is all arranged over the phone. After answering all of the questions, clearly stating that we have cathedral ceilings, and paying up front for the system, the installer arrived a couple of weeks later and the first thing he said was "we can't install this, you have cathedral ceilings. "After spending a bit of time seeing what was required to fit the panels, I was told that I would be contacted later that day to let us know what could be done. That didn't happen, nor the next day and when I phoned I was again ( and again) told someone would contact me. I phoned 7 times over the course of the week, each time being assured of a call back, but we were completely ignored. After the appalling service we received, and still not having any answers by the Friday afternoon, I phoned to cancel the system and request a refund. Only then did I receive a call, from [name removed] in Customer resolutions, who promised to ring back on Saturday with some answers. Guess what ? No call again. Once this company has your money, they couldn't give a hoot if you receive what you have paid for, and I would advise anyone looking at purchasing a solar system to go to a company that provides customer service, not ignore you whilst hanging on to a large sum of money.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Pauline, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback is very important for us to improve in the future. Do you know your T reference number, so that I can investigate this matt... read more »

T473807

True Value Solar Official

Thank you for providing that reference number. I have looked into your file and firstly I would like to apologise that we were not able to complete your installation on our first visit. I have been... read more »

• 9 comments

Malfunctioning Bosch inverter

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

I had my 4.75kw solar system installed in February 2016 with TVS. They had a special on at the moment offering jinko panels and Bosch inverter at a very good price. Given the German inverter at a very good price i went ahead with the deal. Had the solar system installed only 4 months ago and it's already malfunctioning. Use to produce around 4kw ph at peak in summer which dropped down to about 3kw in winter which I guess is fair enough but for over a month it's only producing about 1.2kw ph at peak time which is less than half what it use to pr oduce. Once I turn the system off and turn it back on it starts to produce the about 3kw ph but it's happening everyday now for over a month. I called up TVS about 3 weeks ago and I was told it will take about 6 weeks or longer to get someone out there. Very disappointed that the system is barely 3 months old and already breaking down and just to have it checked out I will have to wait for almost 2 months. God knows how much longer after that if something needs to be replaced. Very very dissatisfied with TVS.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Aman, I'm so sorry that you're having an issue with your Bosch Inverter and for the delay in rectifying the matter. I am currently investigating this with a representative from Bosch. I will get... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Aman, Thanks for your patience. We are just waiting for our local contractor to confirm his available. We will call you as soon as possible to book a suitable date to inspect and repair the syst... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Aman, further to the above I have emailed you with a proposed call out date. Thanks, Stephanie

Sa

Quick on Sale but Slow on Customer Care

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2016

We installed a 3kw system a few weeks ago but have not been able to use the system as we need our meter changed. We were informed by the contractor to call True Value if this doesn't occur within 2 weeks. We called True Solar 3 times over the last week, leaving messages but have not received a call back from the customer service team. In fact the only times we could get through to someone is when we talk to the Sales team who only manages to either leave a message for the customer care team. It seems too much resources are in Sale and not enough in customer care. Our T number: T473399>

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Kelly, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been connected by SA power networks yet - I have reviewed your file and can confirm that after your installation on Friday 13/05, we submitted the paperwork ... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 comments
  • 19 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Awful-in the process of filing a formal complaint!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2016

I have had the misfortune of dealing with True Value Solar after purchasing a house with their solar panels on it, which were showing an error message. After being given then absolute run around trying to prove that I in fact owned the solar panels, I eventually asked to speak with a supervisor. I was then put on to the most arrogant, ignorant and rude "supervisor" I have ever come across. After a short and somewhat belittling conversation (as in he tried to belittle me and failed miserably) it became apparent he had no idea who he was speaking to or what address I lived at and continually referred to me by the wrong name. I became so frustrated I raised my voice so he hung up on me. And all I wanted to do was have my solar panels reset so they started generating power. After venting to my fiancé, he called and spoke to the same sales rep I spoke to. And without any proof of his address or who he was, our solar panels were fixed in a matter of minutes. I am now in the process of drafting a complaint letter to this clearly misogynistic company who feel the need to make female customers jump through hoops for a simple issue but don't feel the need to do the same for their male customers. I will never recommend true value solar to anyone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your dealings with TVS. We take this sort of feedback very seriously and definitely do not intend to treat any customers or staff any differently b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Poor customer care

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2016

I have had 2 systems installed by them. This installation is 5kw and produces maximum 3kw or 10kwh per day and stops producing altogether when overcast which is not right in far north Queensland. I have contacted them and they agree there is a fault but after 4 days they have not even made an appointment to come repair and estimate a 4 week wait time. That is disgusting seeing as their are so many unemployed local electricians.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

It has been more than a week now and even though I have called them on numerous occasions, I still have got no appointment for someone to come have a look at it

True Value Solar Official

Hi Mike, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the performance of your system. I have replied to your email. Thank you, Stephanie

Update : Nearly 2 weeks now and still have not been given a date for someone to come repair my system. All I get is " We will contact you with an appointment soon"

1 of 49 pages

When am I going to get my inverter replaced????? sick of waiting and being fobbed off, have not had solar power since January 2016 and cannot get these people to my house to replace the inverter, they have all the excuses in the world.

wendan26 asked on Jul 15, 2016

Hi, I have noticed my inverter isn't working, and my dealer who installed it in Bendigo, is no longer at the address where I purchased the system. Who can help me? Cheryl

Cheryl_Luvara asked on May 17, 2016

Answer this

Hi Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. Please send me an email to feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au with your Full Name, Address and best Contact Number and I will get one of our team members to give you a call so that we can assist you resolve your issue. Thank you, Steph

Otherwise, you can always call us on 13 76 52 at your convenience - Steph

Hi Steph, I called today, 18th May, and was told someone would call back, but didn't. I will recall tomorrow. Cheryl

I already reported about fault as my solar system is in warranty. Now according to them it needs to be replaced but don't know how long it takes. The services of true value solar are more then poor. I don't know what to do? I am planning to go top press or consumer court.

Gagan asked on May 04, 2016

Answer this

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service. Please email me your details to feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au and I will investigate the matter for you. Thanks, Stephanie

Hi Gagan, I've also got an Inverter fault. I rang True Solar who talked me through a shut down and start up procedure to try to rectify the problem. This did not fix the problem, so True Solar advised me that I needed a replacement part which is covered under my warranty. They informed me it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive from China. It's now been 8 weeks. I've rung them a number of times and their response is ' we'll ring you'. Like you I'm very disappointed with True Solar's performance on rectifying the fault on my system and am now considering going to the media and my lawyers. Regards, Nicky

See all 41 questions about True Value Solar