Between February 2015 and September 2015, True Value Solar implemented a program of offering its customers a free solar panel service valued at $199 for publishing a review. The free solar panel service was only offered to customers who indicated that they had a positive experience with True Value Solar, and were therefore likely to provide a positive review. Read more about this on the ACCC website.

Melbourne

• 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Awful-in the process of filing a formal complaint!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2016

I have had the misfortune of dealing with True Value Solar after purchasing a house with their solar panels on it, which were showing an error message. After being given then absolute run around trying to prove that I in fact owned the solar panels, I eventually asked to speak with a supervisor. I was then put on to the most arrogant, ignorant and rude "supervisor" I have ever come across. After a short and somewhat belittling conversation (as in he tried to belittle me and failed miserably) it became apparent he had no idea who he was speaking to or what address I lived at and continually referred to me by the wrong name. I became so frustrated I raised my voice so he hung up on me. And all I wanted to do was have my solar panels reset so they started generating power. After venting to my fiancé, he called and spoke to the same sales rep I spoke to. And without any proof of his address or who he was, our solar panels were fixed in a matter of minutes. I am now in the process of drafting a complaint letter to this clearly misogynistic company who feel the need to make female customers jump through hoops for a simple issue but don't feel the need to do the same for their male customers. I will never recommend true value solar to anyone!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your dealings with TVS. We take this sort of feedback very seriously and definitely do not intend to treat any customers or staff any differently b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Poor customer care

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2016

I have had 2 systems installed by them. This installation is 5kw and produces maximum 3kw or 10kwh per day and stops producing altogether when overcast which is not right in far north Queensland. I have contacted them and they agree there is a fault but after 4 days they have not even made an appointment to come repair and estimate a 4 week wait time. That is disgusting seeing as their are so many unemployed local electricians.

Comments

It has been more than a week now and even though I have called them on numerous occasions, I still have got no appointment for someone to come have a look at it

True Value Solar Official

Hi Mike, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the performance of your system. I have replied to your email. Thank you, Stephanie

Update : Nearly 2 weeks now and still have not been given a date for someone to come repair my system. All I get is " We will contact you with an appointment soon"

Verified Purchase

Good fast service let down by poor generation performance!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2016

Hi,
The purchase and installation service that I received from TVS was terrific.
The 2kW system that I purchased has never indicated more than 1.5kW,I realize that orientation can have an effect on performance but TVS should factor this into the design of the system,as I purchased a 2kW system that has never produced this amount of power!
My contract number was T286844.
Charles

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Charles, Thanks for reaching out regarding your concerns. Based on clean energy council guidelines, in April, a 2kW system should produce approximately 8kW on average per day in Perth. To ensure... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer

Very Disappointed! Fast on Sales, Slow on Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

1) Prior to installation, I noticed that two references issued to me, second one missing two split arrays which was in the sum of $225. Prior to installation, in order to eliminate any dispute with the installer, I requested an issue of a consolidated order summary including the two split arrays. The sales person confirmed that the two split arrays is included in my order and would reissue a consolidated order summary including two split arrays. On the date of installation, the installer claimed that on his order summary the two split arrays is not included. Ignoring my request for installing two split arrays, he chose a location of his preference and installed the panels in one array.
2) When the installer attempted to install panels, I noticed that the panels were Eco-Future. Since the panels I purchased were Hanhwa Q, I requested that Hanhwa Q panels be installed. He said he made a mistake with other job. He then installed Hanhwa Q panels.
3) I noticed that there were many marks and stains on almost every panel and even scratch on one panel. I claimed to the installer that the panels looked either second-hand or defective. The installer said he did not care about them. Ignoring my concern, he completed installing the panels and advised me to report the issue to TVS.
4) I requested that the installer connect the inverter to my router as contracted. However, the installer said he was not supposed to connect the inverter to my router saying on his order summary it was not included. I had to contact the manufacturer in Germany and was advised to purchase power-line adaptors to connect the inverter to my router.
5) After installation, I noticed that the production of energy was below average. I believed that the low production must be due to the defective panels. I reported the issues to TVS but no reply to date.
6) I also noticed that the home monitoring device does not show our consumption. It shows only the amount being generated. No where to discuss for this kind of problem.
No reply to date from TVS except demand for payment. I believe that TVS is focusing on sales only.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Bruce, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with your experience with us. Do you know your T reference number so that I can investigate this matter for you? You can provide it here, o... read more »

T470836 issued on 23 March 2016. After a further negotiation about the invoice, we reached an agreement and I requested an amended invoice. Later I noticed that the amended invoice has a differen... read more »

Verified Purchase

Wonderful to see the electricity bills fall in price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2016

The guys at True Value Solar where very professional, helpful and the installation day went very smoothly. Great service and product. Highly recommend them.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Sam, Thanks for choosing True Value Solar and taking the time to let us and others know about your experience. I'm so please to hear you've been happy with our service and with your system. If y... read more »

Perth WA

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

Unbelievable Great Service by True Value Solar.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

Went online, filled out request, got a call in less than 24 hours from Mohammed Yonuss from the Vic office and he was amazing! Had a great quote, emailed in seconds, even sent picture of panels on roof of our house. In less than three weeks we have 20 shiny new panels on our roof and already saving money. Great job done. Even Western Power in WA were pretty quick so our experience has been fantastic all round. Millers Electrical who TVS use are fabulous, very quick to install. Would highly recommend True Value Solar! Thanks Mohammed.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Angie, Thank you so much for your kind words. I'll ensure Mohammed gets your feedback as well. Please feel free to contact me directly at feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au if you ever have any questions and I'll be happy to help. Thank you, Steph

adelaide

• 10 helpful votes

No customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

Months ago I had an issue with my solar again, made several phone calls, emails and still received no time frame or any indication on what's going on. This is not the first time this has happened. True value solar were happy to take my money when I wanted to put the solar on now no one seems to care. Very very poor customer service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Rob, I'm very sorry to hear that you've been unsatisfied with the service you've received from TVS. I have followed this matter up with our SA Manager this morning and a road trip to your area h... read more »

I have been trying to email you but you never respond

Macleay island near Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Don’t go so-called “True Value Solar” because they aren’t.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

Months ago, we age Pensioners contracted & paid for 2kw & got only 1.5kw from 8 panels - so 3 more are owed to us. Ours were not even tested straight after installation!! The neighbour likewise - seems they depend on nobody thoroughly checking after installation!!! Free Caxton Legal Help + 2 dubious Court cases + submitted to QCAT, ACCC & Office Fair Trading etc + countless unanswered emails got absolutely nowhere. Their reputation on Internet was absolutely abysmal from many complaints, & their Terms & Conditions utterly shonky - as were Goodhews. We learnt to ignore all their glossy TV adverts.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Good afternoon Dr.Pat., Thank you for your comments above. We would like the opportunity to clarify your feedback directly. Could you please contact us at feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au or call us... read more »

Great communication, fast install

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Had a 5.5kw system installed, true value were really good from the word go, spoke to someone about products they offer, etc. it was all well explained, we got a great deal for paying up front, even got an upgrade in panel wattage and amount of panels in the package. Install was really quick only 3 days after we payed the deposit, there's so many solar companies out there, but I feel we got the best deal very happy!!!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Victor, Thank you so much for your incredible feedback. It's great to hear that we delivered what our name promises, True Value! We definitely strive for this and I greatly appreciate you taking... read more »

Adelaide

• 3 comments

Monitoring PV systems

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

As we move into autumn, I can look back at the performance of my 5kW TVS system over the last few months. I can do this because I also installed a wifi module on my Growatt inverter. This automatically logs data every 5 minutes and sends it to the Shine server. I also get a daily e-mail showing the previous days performance. The best day I have had generated 38.5kWh. But a couple of days ago, I received a different type of e-mail telling me the inverter had shut down because "AC voltage out of range". I didn't realise at first what this mean, b ut after rebooting the inverter a couple of times, it still tripped out. I then decided to measure the mains voltage and got 267 Volts when it should have been around 240 Volts. I then got the power company involved and they traced the problem to a faulty voltage regulator on a power pole. It was an easy fix, but it shows that the inverter did what it was designed to do, and that is to protect itself from under or over line voltages. For home owners who do not have a monitoring system, you may not find out the inverter is not working until your next quarterly power bill. Meanwhile, the under or over voltage may be damaging your electrical equipment.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Thanks for your favorable feedback Steve. It's great to hear from our happy customers! You're right in saying that the various monitoring systems available definitely do wonders to monitor system p... read more »

Many thanks. The point I was trying to make is that many people blame the inverter when they stop working and I wanted to demonstrate that external factors can make the inverter trip out. Voltage r... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Yes, exactly right, this does happen quite often in areas where they voltage is adjusted frequently, like you said in more rural areas. Also, often power companies will adjust the voltage on very h... read more »

Good Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2016

We found the True Value Solar team very good to deal with from the customer service staff through to the installation team who did the work. The offer was very good value and the solar panels have reduced our electricity costs markedly.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Thank you very much for your positive review! It's great to hear from happy customers. If you ever have any queries please feel free to contact me directly at feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au and I'l... read more »

Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2016

Just had my 5kw system installed. It took them less than a week to get it done and is in and working perfectly. Aside from a couple of minor issues with the sales staff, which was promptly sorted out by Chris at the Adelaide branch, an impressive end result.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Tom, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your kind feedback! I'm so pleased to hear that you've been happy with your TVS experience. If you ever have any questions, please don't hes... read more »

1 of 48 pages

Hi, I have noticed my inverter isn't working, and my dealer who installed it in Bendigo, is no longer at the address where I purchased the system. Who can help me? Cheryl

Cheryl_Luvara asked on May 17, 2016

Answer this

Hi Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. Please send me an email to feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au with your Full Name, Address and best Contact Number and I will get one of our team members to give you a call so that we can assist you resolve your issue. Thank you, Steph

Otherwise, you can always call us on 13 76 52 at your convenience - Steph

Hi Steph, I called today, 18th May, and was told someone would call back, but didn't. I will recall tomorrow. Cheryl

I already reported about fault as my solar system is in warranty. Now according to them it needs to be replaced but don't know how long it takes. The services of true value solar are more then poor. I don't know what to do? I am planning to go top press or consumer court.

Gagan asked on May 04, 2016

Answer this

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our service. Please email me your details to feedback@truevaluesolar.com.au and I will investigate the matter for you. Thanks, Stephanie

Hi Gagan, I've also got an Inverter fault. I rang True Solar who talked me through a shut down and start up procedure to try to rectify the problem. This did not fix the problem, so True Solar advised me that I needed a replacement part which is covered under my warranty. They informed me it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive from China. It's now been 8 weeks. I've rung them a number of times and their response is ' we'll ring you'. Like you I'm very disappointed with True Solar's performance on rectifying the fault on my system and am now considering going to the media and my lawyers. Regards, Nicky

Hi I have a 1.8 system installed by you in 2012 at the moment is not working and the inverter display is showing a relay fault. What do I need to do to rectify this problem? and I believe this should be covered by warranty. Regards, Chris Silva

Chris Silva asked on Apr 26, 2016

Hi,
I think you uploaded your inquiry at the wrong place.
You need to upload your product review on the correct forum under True Value Solar.
If you need any help, please contact me.

See all 40 questions about True Value Solar