Never recommend to anyone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I was installed a 4kw system 2 years ago and before 2years I had an issue of system shutdown. First this happen on long weekend and try to call the customer service but no one there to answer. After the weekend got through with one and ask to reboot the system as shown on the inveter. It works normally for few days and the issue back again so I did few times. Then I called again and the lady told me you are due to get the 2years service n that might fix the issue but I insisted Issue of the inverter not the service. Then the issue transfered to the inverter manufacturer. After a week I got a call and he said the issue is on the ac isolater and he pass the ball back to true vale. No one call me for 2 weeks and I called TVS n they said this issue can be sorted by arranging the service and I have to pay $200 for that but I said I will arrange that but to fix the the issue. Then the lady arrange the technician but she said it waiting period will be 4-6 weeks, up to now 6 weeks and I have to wait another 6 weeks. I will lost solar energy 6 weeks. This is how their after sale service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Pra, I'm very sorry to hear you are having these issues. If you could message me your reference number I will look into this ASAP for you. Thank you.
-T

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

We had panels and the SolaX inverter installed in September 2015, great job installing them, then we had issues after 6 weeks of them running then the inverter went off, rang many times, finally got someone out to fix it, then it went of again after about 6 weeks later again, so after phoning them again quite a few times they decide to replace the SolaX inverter, worked for about 4 months, rang again told them the same thing, they did send some nice people out n checked everything n told us that when it was quite a hot day too much energy was g oing back into the inverter n causing it to cut out, so they needed to do 2 lots of 10 cables instead of having 1 lot of 20 which makes sense, that was on the 21st October 2016, the nice young fellow rang I don't know how many times to tell them what the issue was, so he got it working again, no one from TVS even rang us so someone could come n rectify the situation until we found the SolaX inverter not working again on Xmas Day, sadly we couldn't ring them until we came home from holidays, s I rang them on the 10th Jan 2017, they came on the 19th Jan 2017 n divided the cables, but weren't told to bring n inverter just incase, so I rang them after the blokes left on the 19th Jan n 4 times since, and was told everytime that they didn't have any inverters in stock when the young fellows said they did, always get told that [name removed] will ring me back, I'm so cheesed off at the moment that we haven't got any chance of enjoying the panels yet :( I think it comes to a time that we ask for our money back n TVS come pay for all the fixing up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Sue, I am very sorry to hear of your ongoing issue. Could you let me know if this has been rectified, and if not, could you message me your reference number so I can look into this ASAP for you?
-T

So Far So Good - Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Drew, I am very pleased to hear you are happy! Jena is fantastic and was very happy to hear you are satisfied. Thank you for your positive feedback!
-T

Brisbane

Be Very Careful if Dealing with this Dishonest Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

In a bid to save on electricity costs, I phoned True Value Solar (TVS) to price a 5 kW solar install. The sales rep from TVS used satellite imagery to view my roof space and gave me a good quote based on my house being two storey. I then paid my deposit and booked in my install.
When the electrician came to do the install, he informed me that he could only install a 4 kW system on my roof space and that my house was higher than a normal 2 storey home and that would incur a further fee. I was put on to a sales rep on the phone who proceeded to
tell me that my home was 3 storey (it's clearly not). He treated me as if I was lying and then told me the new price would be more than agreed but for a 20% smaller system.
I was insulted by this man and saw this as an obvious tactic to extort more money from me. I did not agree to proceed with the install.
TVS agreed to refund my deposit, but 3 months later have not done this. They do not respond to emails and do not call back. It seems the refund manager is on permanent leave.
This is a deceitful company that should be avoided at all costs!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi James, I have messaged you in regards to this, could you let me know if this was resolved when you are able to? Thank you.
-T

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

Did everything wrong

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Questionable bait & switch sales practice selling a system that could not be installed and using this to sell a much smaller unit at almost the same price.
I had to chase to organise installation.
Contract installers could not install what was sold.
Terrible follow up and aggressive "customer resolution" department, clearly established to deal with all the complaints.
Terrible communication.
Return of the deposit on the never never if it ever arrives?
Product review offered to mediate, and I agreed to resolve this privately, but have had no response from anyone.
I should have checked out this site before even considering True Value Solar.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, I can see we sent you a message earlier this month, could you let me know if you have had this resolved?
-T

Your representative cancelled the order.

True Value Solar Official

Could you let me know if you received your refund and the matter resolved?

Verified Purchase

Old Chinese Man Still Wayting....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

System installed 6/12/17 -No power generated as of 23/1/17.
Seems on install they forgot to program date in inverter.
For weeks they blamed supplier.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, could you let me know if this was rectified or if there is anything I can do to assist?
-T

Power is now generated but awaiting resolution of split system paid for but not installed.

True Value Solar Official

Could you provide me your reference number so I can look into this for you? -T

Adelaide

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Ignoring emails, falsely representing warranty, failed to maintain business records, refuse to repla

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I purchased a 1.5kw system from TVS in January 2011. Incidentally the system I purchased was advertised as an Australian Day 3KW system and TVS were subsequently fined by the ACCC for false and misleading representations in regard to this system (see https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/true-value-solar-pays-infringement-notices-for-misleading-advertising).

When I purchased the system I received terms and conditions that stated the system came with a 10 year warranty. The system was installed in May 2011. In October 2013 the inverter faile
d and I contacted TVS who actually promptly attended and replaced it with a new inverter. The electrician who did so provided a compliance certificate detailing the work undertaken that included replacing the inverter.

In October 2016 the replacement inverter failed (so each inverter has only lasted 2-3 years). I contacted TVS and they refused to repair the inverter as they claimed it was out of warranty and sent me a copy of "the terms and conditions I agreed to" which stated that the warranty was actually 5 years! This was a blatant fabricated document that was never provided to me. I provided all my original documentation showing the 10 year warranty. TVS repeatedly refused to honour it. I then explained that inverter had already been replaced in 2013 and therefore this was within their alleged 5 year warranty period. I involved Fair Trading and finally received a single phone call from the resolutions manager.

During this call [name removed] told me that in fact TVS had NO RECORDS AT ALL of my inverter being replaced in 2013 and stated that if I could provide evidence of this then they would reconsider their position. I immediately sent by email copies of the electrical certificate showing the inverter was replaced in 2013. I also called the electrician and he confirmed he replaced it under warranty for TVS. I provided all this information to [name removed] and he wrote back without even acknowledging the evidence he had requested. Since that time [name removed] and TVS have refused to reply to 3 emails (on top of the previous multitude of unanswered emails sent to [name removed]).

So as it stands now some 4 months after repeatedly attempting to contact TVS to repair the inverter all I have is the following:

1. Fabricated terms and conditions purportedly sent to me
2. No business records that my inverter was replaced in 2013 and placing the onus on me to prove that this occurred
3. Having provided the requested evidence to TVS of the replaced inverter, I still have no reply.
4. A solar system that has not worked for 4 months.
5. Two failed inverters, one after 2 years, the other after 3 years.
6. A 10 year warranty yet refusal to fix the inverter that failed after just 3 years of operation.

I do hope that prospective customers can consider the above experience when deciding whether to place their business with TVS.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issues. Could you please message me your reference number to see if there is anything I can do to help resolve this, if it hasn't been already?
-T

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Please don't die waiting!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

First ordered the system and was told 6-8 weeks installation, this turned into 16 weeks. Then 2 years and 6 months later the GROWATT 3KV inverter stops working altogether. Spend 45 mins on the phone to be told no warranty work can be completed for 4-6 weeks. Complained to product review and true value responded and arrange repairs 10 days later. Serviceman arrives with a new unit and it does not work also was told they used repaired units for warranty work. Been 2 days and true value still won't tell me what's happening. Stay away from them.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Been waiting since 2013

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

My system was installed in 2013. Electricity company wouldn't connect, True Value Solar have been useless ever since. People not contacting me, brushing the issues aside, and having very little customer service. They were happy to take my $5500, but aren't happy to send an installer out to inspect the unit and provide me with up to date paperwork to give to my electricity supplier. So I still have not got solar electricity.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Ainslie, Could you please let me know if this was rectified? If not, please message me your reference number and I will look into it ASAP.
-T

Brisbane

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase

Customer Service is non existant! Would never recommend them for anyone looking to install Solar.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

We had our Solar installed in August 2015 & have had ongoing issues ever since. We sent photos of our Switchboard to [name removed] prior to purchase of the system & advised that our home was on 3 phase power. We were assured the system we purchased would power a majority of our home & reduce our electricity bills by at least two thirds. This has not been the case as the product we were sold is only a 1 phase system! It powers our pool pump & the 2 x heat lights in our bathrooms in the house & nothing else! After numerous emails & phone call s, & being accused of being 'abusive' to their staff (obviously confusing frustration with abuse!) we were told [name removed] was the only person in Resolutions that would be able to finalize our ongoing issue! After sending & receiving numerous emails advising we would have a Resolution sent by [name removed], we are yet to have these issues resolved. All we are told is 'he is looking into it'. We have spent money having meters checked (upon TVS's request) getting electricians out to advise what the Solar is connected to, etc. etc. We were told by [name removed] (Salesman) that once installed, our electricity bills would be reduced by two thirds a quarter....our bills are the same & some have been more, but they are unable to explain to us why. Every time we call we just get palmed off to someone else who is unable to help & just keep hearing that [name removed] will advise on a Resolution. Obviously he is overwhelmed with complaints as we have been waiting nearly 18 months for a Resolution. We were initially told we would be compensated/reimbursed for costs & for our bills that had not reduced....this to date has not happened! We would like a Resolution to our ongoing issue & to not just keep being ignored in the hope we will just go away!

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Kym, I am very sorry to hear of your ongoing issues. Could you please let me know if this was rectified? If not, could you please provide your reference number via message and I will look into this ASAP for you.
-T

This matter STILL has not been rectified. My reference number is T445591. Sorry if I do not have any confidence in your offer to look into this problem, but if you knew how many times I have heard ... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Kym, please be assured I am looking into this as thoroughly as possible. There's quite a bit of information for me to get through and I would like to ensure I completely understand the situation before I do anything.

Bonbeach

• 3 helpful votes

Inverter Failed 12 mths old no replacement stock

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

System is 12months old Inverter has failed Error Code 17, basically this means an internal relay will not reset itself. Contacted customer service no replacement stock, they will need to order a unit and could several weeks before a repair can happen. Also advised if the unit is not faulty a fee of $200 will be charged? My response was I have taken photos of the Error message (E17) on the inverter display and you can hear the relay clicking nonstop. They were less persistent for the $200. No replacement stock of inverters so I will lose 6 weeks of solar because they do not accommodate Inverter failure with a changeover program really unsatisfactory.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Rob, I am very sorry to hear you were having problems. Could you let me know if this was rectified? If not, please feel free to message me your reference number and I will look into this ASAP.
-T

Well what can I say?? We exchanged details back in the first week of January this year with no further follow up. Finally in early Feb after advising I would take legal action and sue for loss of... read more »

Ipswich

True Solar = True Service, amazing Service every time you need them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Please note to all readers i dont have any interest with true value, and i don't get paid by any company to write this review... i write it only from my true experience i had with True Solar... this is my own real experience !!!!

We Installed the True Solar System in 2015, since then we had 2 problems with the solar inverter. every time we called they helped fast... just today came true solar technician (second time now) after reporting the trouble a day before...they came and fixed the solar inverter in few minutes (just loos wire and the
LCD Screen slot).
i was amazed on the Customer Service and the technicians who worked on our system and supported us when we needed them ...
customer service and technicians were very professional, polite and Very Efficient on solving our problems...
the solar inverter is producing around 20Kw a day (average)... and in a cloudy day it produce around 4-9KW DAILY !
THIS SOLAR SYSTEM HAS GIVING US AMAZING VALUE FOR OUR MONEY AFTER 2 YEARS....
True Solar True Value..