Adelaide

Verified Purchase

Ignoring emails, falsely representing warranty, failed to maintain business records, refuse to repla

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

I purchased a 1.5kw system from TVS in January 2011. Incidentally the system I purchased was advertised as an Australian Day 3KW system and TVS were subsequently fined by the ACCC for false and misleading representations in regard to this system (see https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/true-value-solar-pays-infringement-notices-for-misleading-advertising).

When I purchased the system I received terms and conditions that stated the system came with a 10 year warranty. The system was installed in May 2011. In October 2013 the inverter faile
d and I contacted TVS who actually promptly attended and replaced it with a new inverter. The electrician who did so provided a compliance certificate detailing the work undertaken that included replacing the inverter.

In October 2016 the replacement inverter failed (so each inverter has only lasted 2-3 years). I contacted TVS and they refused to repair the inverter as they claimed it was out of warranty and sent me a copy of "the terms and conditions I agreed to" which stated that the warranty was actually 5 years! This was a blatant fabricated document that was never provided to me. I provided all my original documentation showing the 10 year warranty. TVS repeatedly refused to honour it. I then explained that inverter had already been replaced in 2013 and therefore this was within their alleged 5 year warranty period. I involved Fair Trading and finally received a single phone call from the resolutions manager.

During this call [name removed] told me that in fact TVS had NO RECORDS AT ALL of my inverter being replaced in 2013 and stated that if I could provide evidence of this then they would reconsider their position. I immediately sent by email copies of the electrical certificate showing the inverter was replaced in 2013. I also called the electrician and he confirmed he replaced it under warranty for TVS. I provided all this information to [name removed] and he wrote back without even acknowledging the evidence he had requested. Since that time [name removed] and TVS have refused to reply to 3 emails (on top of the previous multitude of unanswered emails sent to [name removed]).

So as it stands now some 4 months after repeatedly attempting to contact TVS to repair the inverter all I have is the following:

1. Fabricated terms and conditions purportedly sent to me
2. No business records that my inverter was replaced in 2013 and placing the onus on me to prove that this occurred
3. Having provided the requested evidence to TVS of the replaced inverter, I still have no reply.
4. A solar system that has not worked for 4 months.
5. Two failed inverters, one after 2 years, the other after 3 years.
6. A 10 year warranty yet refusal to fix the inverter that failed after just 3 years of operation.

I do hope that prospective customers can consider the above experience when deciding whether to place their business with TVS.

• 1 question

Verified Purchase

Please don't die waiting!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

First ordered the system and was told 6-8 weeks installation, this turned into 16 weeks. Then 2 years and 6 months later the GROWATT 3KV inverter stops working altogether. Spend 45 mins on the phone to be told no warranty work can be completed for 4-6 weeks. Complained to product review and true value responded and arrange repairs 10 days later. Serviceman arrives with a new unit and it does not work also was told they used repaired units for warranty work. Been 2 days and true value still won't tell me what's happening. Stay away from them.

Melbourne

Been waiting since 2013

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

My system was installed in 2013. Electricity company wouldn't connect, True Value Solar have been useless ever since. People not contacting me, brushing the issues aside, and having very little customer service. They were happy to take my $5500, but aren't happy to send an installer out to inspect the unit and provide me with up to date paperwork to give to my electricity supplier. So I still have not got solar electricity.

Verified Purchase

Customer Service is non existant! Would never recommend them for anyone looking to install Solar.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

We had our Solar installed in August 2015 & have had ongoing issues ever since. We sent photos of our Switchboard to [name removed] prior to purchase of the system & advised that our home was on 3 phase power. We were assured the system we purchased would power a majority of our home & reduce our electricity bills by at least two thirds. This has not been the case as the product we were sold is only a 1 phase system! It powers our pool pump & the 2 x heat lights in our bathrooms in the house & nothing else! After numerous emails & phone call s, & being accused of being 'abusive' to their staff (obviously confusing frustration with abuse!) we were told [name removed] was the only person in Resolutions that would be able to finalize our ongoing issue! After sending & receiving numerous emails advising we would have a Resolution sent by [name removed], we are yet to have these issues resolved. All we are told is 'he is looking into it'. We have spent money having meters checked (upon TVS's request) getting electricians out to advise what the Solar is connected to, etc. etc. We were told by [name removed] (Salesman) that once installed, our electricity bills would be reduced by two thirds a quarter....our bills are the same & some have been more, but they are unable to explain to us why. Every time we call we just get palmed off to someone else who is unable to help & just keep hearing that [name removed] will advise on a Resolution. Obviously he is overwhelmed with complaints as we have been waiting nearly 18 months for a Resolution. We were initially told we would be compensated/reimbursed for costs & for our bills that had not reduced....this to date has not happened! We would like a Resolution to our ongoing issue & to not just keep being ignored in the hope we will just go away!

Bonbeach

Inverter Failed 12 mths old no replacement stock

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

System is 12months old Inverter has failed Error Code 17, basically this means an internal relay will not reset itself. Contacted customer service no replacement stock, they will need to order a unit and could several weeks before a repair can happen. Also advised if the unit is not faulty a fee of $200 will be charged? My response was I have taken photos of the Error message (E17) on the inverter display and you can hear the relay clicking nonstop. They were less persistent for the $200. No replacement stock of inverters so I will lose 6 weeks of solar because they do not accommodate Inverter failure with a changeover program really unsatisfactory.

Ipswich

True Solar = True Service, amazing Service every time you need them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Please note to all readers i dont have any interest with true value, and i don't get paid by any company to write this review... i write it only from my true experience i had with True Solar... this is my own real experience !!!!

We Installed the True Solar System in 2015, since then we had 2 problems with the solar inverter. every time we called they helped fast... just today came true solar technician (second time now) after reporting the trouble a day before...they came and fixed the solar inverter in few minutes (just loos wire and the
LCD Screen slot).
i was amazed on the Customer Service and the technicians who worked on our system and supported us when we needed them ...
customer service and technicians were very professional, polite and Very Efficient on solving our problems...
the solar inverter is producing around 20Kw a day (average)... and in a cloudy day it produce around 4-9KW DAILY !
THIS SOLAR SYSTEM HAS GIVING US AMAZING VALUE FOR OUR MONEY AFTER 2 YEARS....
True Solar True Value..
thank you so much !

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Don't pay upfront for a terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

This company are very good at sales but very poor at installation and service. I had a hard time getting them to fix my hot water service after a faulty valve was installed with it. Also, my solar panels were installed 7 or more weeks ago and didn't pass inspection. I am the one having to chase. No certificate of electrical safety or plumbing certificate and still no connection to the grid. What's worse is that the system shuts off several times an hour - an issue identified by the installer on the day of installation, again by the electoral in spector and then again by the installer the day he came out to fix some cabling. They're now trying to blame everyone else first - power supplier, Bosch - rather than investigate it. The mistake I made was paying up front so now I'm having to rely on them to do the right thing and sort out this mess. It's very unusual to demand payment upfront and before successful installation and completion of the work. I urge anyone who decides to use this company to pay only when the job is properly done. Disappointing result so far for such a large investment.
Update: Approaching Christmas now and still have not had a call from them even after they promised to make contact and follow up. Star rated to one star- terrible now.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Worthless Warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

Purchased a Solar Photovoltaic system on the 12/4/11 with a ten year warranty.They now claim warranty is only on the installation and wiring and not on the actual unit. The warranty certificate clearly states on the structural and non structural components of the system. They now want $250 call out fee to service the unit and will then advise me if it can be repaired or replaced at my cost. I want to upgrade to a 5kw unit but I will not be dealing with these cowboys .

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

My system was installed on the 20th of September and the installers said maximum 2 weeks for it to be up and running (with sa power networks installing a new meter). It has now been 7 weeks and no response to my queries. I should not have to chase up when a service is apparently being provided to me. Communication is fine before payment, after payment they clearly don't care. I don't recommend this company. REALLY DISAPPOINTING!!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Libski I understand that Kylie from South Australian office is trying to remedy this for you. Unfortunately the main reason for this occurrence is due to your address being verified by AGL as be... read more »

Wow, thanks for replying on my complaint and not directing calling or emailing me, proof of your great service!!!! Don't pass blame to me, my address is 57A as I stated!!!!!

still not with solar as yet!!!!! Have spoken with consumer affairs!!!

Mackay

• 2 comments

Still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

3 months and still waiting on a connection date, l just keep getting the run around, l should have believed the reviews.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update, all the inverters in Australia have been recalled for an upgrade ( this is the third excuse l have been given ) and no date can be given as to when they will be able to supply?????? If l re... read more »

Update #2 a change was made to the solar panels that were originally quoted for, but that doesn't bother me, and they are here today installing (23/11/2016) so hopefully there will be no more problems.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Never respond to phone calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

We notified them on 19/9/16 about an issue with our solar system which is under warranty. They told us that some one will be calling and nothing happened. Then they did not know that there was a change of ownership so we sent through the detail again. Then when we try to find out what is happening they are still communicating with the previous owners.... then they told us the part is there then when my wife phoned the next day to see when it will be installed they told her that it was the wrong part. I phoned today to find out what the issue wa s and to speak to an snr member that can take ownership of this (remember 6 weeks have passed with lies that they will phone back) then I was told that the person in QLD was on the line and I said that I was happy to wait... needless to say I was then told that I can't be put through and that she will phone me. We are now waiting 6 weeks for the call. In the mean time my power bill is sky high but who cares... Not a company that I will deal with in future. Will give you time to contact me and to RESOLVE the matter by COB 2/11/16

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Painful - 3 weeks in and yet to even have solar turned on .....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

7am booking turning into a 1pm arrival. Might not have been a problem if my house had been inspected prior and they had realised it would be a Non standard install, so even working through till 7.30 pm they could not finish. Also trying to charge $250 more for the non standard install - my house was as described, I checked multiple times that they didn't need anymore info and was assured on each occasion that the double story surcharge was all that applied.

I had a new meter so all that was required was a reprogramming and we would be good t
o go. Three weeks on Still nothing. I have called TVS many times and got different messages each time. Ended up calling both my distributor and retailer before working out No paper work regarding my install had even been forwarded through. On my final call the TVS contact had the gall to note that the install was complete and their obligations had now been satisfied. My mistake I suppose - I thought I would be able to turn it on once they were done.... Constant references to subcontractors is infuriating. I'm happy to manage my retailer if required, even the distributor, but I have no idea which contractor you have chosen to work on my property - as a company they really need to manage those relationships better.

Anyway - hopefully I'll be able to report an update once my solar system is able to be turned on and review function and performance and the like. Up till this point it's been a painful process and I wish I had paid more for a start to finish service.

1 of 51 pages