• 4 helpful votes

Rubbish Led Lights - True Value Solar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

The LED lights being installed by True Value Solar are complete rubbish. I purchased 70 LED lights and had constant problems with them and required constant replacements. True Value Solar then agreed to replace all 70 lights claiming that the LED installed were from a faulty batch. I am now again having constant issues with flickering and breaking lights. Each time a light begins flickering it takes forever for True Value Solar to replace the light and I am left with flickering LED's all over the house. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish...... Do not buy this product.

Upgrading our True Value Solar System

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

The upgrade was done by Nathan Greenhill and his crew, prompt polite and professional, I highly recommend them and True Value, we have had our Solar system for 4 years without any problems, Great service.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi David thank you kindly for your 5 star rating. We will pass this lovely message on to Nathan. Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks Natalie

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

After sales service non existent. They tell you what you want to hear to get the sale. eg Any switch board modification at customers cost and 'the electrician will do it on the day'. Well electrician did not want to do the upgrade on the day and I had to find another electrician only to find out it needs a complete over haul! $2000 in extra cost to switch it on so be careful when purchasing!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Ash as discussed with Ian,True Value Solar is currently investigating your situation.
We be in touch shortly. Thanks Natalie

Hi Ash
Our Sales and Installation team have investigated this situation fully and would like to further clarify some more information with you. Our General Manager of Installations will call you to discuss this further with you. Thanks Natalie

When?

• 2 helpful votes

No customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2016

My system is approximately 3 years old. Worked fine for about the first year and a half then inverters started to malfunction. In the last year we have had 5 inverters replaced. They have no idea how to fix the problem. They just keep taking the easy road changing inverters when obviously this isn't the problem. Our previous occasion i reported the inverter kept tripping, sometimes twice a day. No -one contacted us for well over a month, then it started working properly again. They rang up and i explained the system was working again so they decided it wasn't worth coming to have a look as they wouldn't be able to diagnose the problem. A few days later i received a call from a contractor stating they were coming to change the inverter. I explained that the system was now working however they still came out and just changed the inverter again. A week later this inverter is now stuffed. I have now rung up and reported this problem on 17 August. They advised this will be a priority! Rang up on 6 September after still not being contacted. Surprise surprise same response. It is 12 September today and i still haven't heard anything from them. This company is a joke. DO NOT USE THEM. I'd be happy if they just removed it and gave me my money back.

Comments

Update

Just had a technician come out, can't find a fault except the inverter is blown. Surprise, surprise! So now he has advised me they will change the inverter which could take up to 6 weeks. We are now going through consumer protection.

Update

Still havent heard anything from this mob and to be honest i dont really expect to in the next month. I would NEVER recommend them and would avoid them at all costs. I will continue the updates if any!!!!!

True Value Solar Official

Dear David, I have spoken with our General Manager of Installations who confirmed that this Saturday just passed we did have our technicians visit your property. They conducted several tests which... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2016

True Value Solar was great to deal with from the installation and follow up service. Will use again to expand my solar system.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi David thank you kindly for your 5 star rating. Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks Natalie

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Do your research before you use this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

We were quoted for 9 panels, paid our deposit, chopped a couple of trees, moved our Foxtel satellite dish and TV antenna and paid the balance of the invoice (I don't know any other company that expects full payment BEFORE installation and I am not sure that is technically legal!). On the day of installation the installer says he couldn't put 9 panels where we were told they could go, he could only put 5 but that he could put 2 here and 2 there and it would cost extra money. We were also told that a couple of trees would have to go (they are a b it of a distance and would only affect late afternoon sun). I wasn't willing to pay hundreds of dollars to remove some very nice trees and even more hundreds of dollars to True Value. We were told we could pull the pin and get a full refund so we cancelled. Now to wait and see how long before we get our money back. No blame on the installer, but True Value MUST have known that only so many panels could go in that part of the roof.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Dear Karen
I am glad that we could resolve this matter for you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Natalie

I have been contacted by TVS and they are trying to get a solar system installed. Hopefully we can get it up and running soon! Thanks for the contact.

We have now been able to work out the problem with True Value and am happy with the results. Installation is going ahead this week with 14 panels. We could have had 7 panels on the original part of... read more »

perth

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

System malfunctioned, and to date has not been fixed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

My 5 kW system which I paid $6,000 was installed Dec 2015. By April the system went intermittent offline, then went mostly dead. I lodged a Warranty call which was ignored for 5 weeks. I repeatedly called their call centre, they recorded all the faults with the system (int E019, error E018 etc). No repairman showed up. Then I threatened to get it repaired myself. The call centre said that would void the warranty (the very warranty which they are abandoning themselves). Then I threatened to demand a refund, and with 20 minutes a repairman turned up.

The warranty inverter repairman had no information from the call centre, and did not seem very familiar with the inverter model. He reset the system and left, The system fault recurred and went malfunctional within minutes.

The system has still not been fixed. If you deal with this company people, you need a high tolerance for frustration.

This post will be updated, if the system is ever fixed by True Value Solar I still regularly call them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I am interested in getting a number of people together for a class action against TVS, in particular when they don't stand by their install afterwards. Please email me mike at kindwin.com if we hav... read more »

True Value Solar Official

Hi Mike just spoke with our General Manager of Installations and she has advised me that our installer will be at your property tomorrow. Please let me know if you should need anything else. Thanks Natalie

Perth, Western Australia

Verified Purchase

Stage 1 Sales : Tick -- Stage 2 Installation : Tick -- Stage 3 After Sales Support : To be determine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2016

I have always been slightly sceptical about any reviews as sometimes you never know the authenticity of the content. So I thought I would put my experience with Tru Value Solar up as I admit after reading some of the reviews I did have concerns (which have all since been proven unwarranted and incorrect).

I will say one thing when dealing with any company sales people, if they are selling their products by bad mouthing other companies I would stear clear of them. When shopping around I did get this a lot however the sales person at Tru Value
focused on his products, company history and reputation rather than his competitors.

I originally quoted a 10Kw system a while back and paid a deposit as per normal. I subsequently changed my mind about the size due to my own lack of information from previous power bills as I had only been in the house for a short time. I requested a refund and said I would re engage Tru Value solar further down the track in 6 months or so.

After reading some of the reviews that stated refunds are impossible or take forever to be processed I started to worry slightly but subsequently found that my refund had been approved and received within 24 hours. So reflecting on the reviews that I had read regarding refunds I found them to be untrue.

So passing the test of issuing the refund with no ill feelings or hassle I was confident enough to contact the initial sales person to start the process again in the future.

After receiving another 6 months worth of bills I selected a 6Kw system this time and paid the deposit on the phone. No one was pushy or anything like that and I had done some prior research so the sales side of the fence was a relatively straight forward processes and nothing like some of the negative reviews suggest.

Since the deposit the final payment was authorised and the system was installed the next day to my surprise being very quick.

Again after reading the reviews I was worried now about the standard of the trades person attending site and the quality of the installation. So my findings for the installation were that the two gents were well mannered, knowledgeable and very professional unlike what some of the other reviews stated. The actual installation was done in a neat and tidy manner including the positioning of the solar panels and inverter in the garage.

Being a fresh installation I have not had to contact after sales support so this is yet to be determined. Obviously if I have to go through this process I will write up a separate review.

So based on my experience so far, would I recommend them.... Yes absolutely.

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Lack of any sort of service/follow up

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Bob,
Great news that we will be out tomorrow. Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks Natalie

Mandurah W

• 1 helpful vote

No service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

Clean Energy Regulator did an inspection on my solar panels.
I contacted company 5 times since Feb 2016 and sent an email with a copy of problems.
I was told on my third call that these are minor problems and there is no hurry.
On my last call I was told they would fix this if I had a service and that they would ring me back once again. But never did. I was also told that problems are too minor for consumer affairs.
. Earthing connections not up to standard.
. Wiring to the inverter and panels not protected from mechanical damage.
. Ro
of penetrations not sealed or waterproofed to last the life of the system.
. Panel mounting structure and attachment to the roof deemed not to be secure.
. Cables and wiring not securely fixed to minimise movement.
. Dc isolator enclosure not sutiably installed to prevent water ingress.
More minor points.
I have given up and will go to another company for my extra panels and service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Morning Julie, I just spoke to our Customer Care Team and they informed me that we will be at your house today to further investigate the above matter. Please let me know how if you need any further information. Natalie

Thank you Natalie. Repairer rang and will do the repairs on Saturday as We'd was a stormy day.

True Value Solar Official

Dear Julie I have spoken with our installation team and they have advised me that the issue that you reported to us, is now resolved. Please let me now if I can assist you with anything else. Thanks Natalie

Ballarat

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Stay away from this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

Following installation roof leaks broken tiles everywhere...damaged ceiling inside... numerous calls ignored $700.00 to repair the roof. Now closed in the Ballarat area no way known I could recommend these fly by nighters.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Morning Robert I hope you are well I know that Jeremy has been in contact with you regarding this. If you need any further information, please do not let hesitate to contact us.
Thanks Natalie

Still awaiting action from Roland or is he over run with complaints

True Value Solar Official

Hi Robert, the matter is currently being investigated by Roland and other members of True Value Solar Tea, due to the seriousness of this matter. We are endeavoring to fix this issue as soon as pos... read more »

1 of 50 pages