Perth

Go elsewhere, don't bother with True Value Solar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Bought a solar system with a 10 year warranty on the inverter from True Value Solar. They tried to convince me that it was only a 5 year warranty, but I found the paperwork to prove them wrong and that it was in fact a 10 year warranty on the inverter I purchased. The inverter only lasted 5 and a half years before it stopped working and True Value Solar will not replace or fix the inverter. Please don't trust True Value Solar, look elsewhere for a reputable company. Their warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.

Adelaide

• 1 question

Still not connected 4 months later

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

System fitted early Feb and still not connected to grid, true value don't care, lots of phone calls and no joy, they have our money we have a system on our roof that does not work. Do not use this company.

Gold Coast

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Customer care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

Purchased a 2k system in January 2011 first inverter lasted 6 months 2nd inverter was an aero sharp lasted until January 2016 was replaced with a kstar brand after a $200 service fee was paid, this one lasted until April 2017 ... Now the trouble starts..notified true value on 10/4/2017 told would have top pay $200 for service and would be 4 to 6 weeks lots of calls later now 6 to 10 weeks. 25/5 service tech came and confirmed what we knew inverter not working now 5/6/2017 told this morning have to wait until new inverter comes from overseas what a joke of a company.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very very VERY slow installation

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

The process of research and finding the 'right' company went well. The sales staff [Jevo] were absolutely lovely . HOWEVER. It took 3 MONTHS to install and I am sure if I hadn't threatened to go to the local governing body I would still be waiting!!!!!! The techs who installed the unit were extremely safety conscious, professional and to top it off friendly and polite. They were very helpful in explaining how the system work and maintenance of unit.
Hopefully the system doesn't let me down.

• 12 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Had a Bosch premium 4.6 kw system installed 2 weeks ago with 17x270 watt Jinko polly panels. Installation was extremely quick. 3 weeks from the day I called and my system was up. The installers were very experienced and professional, I asked many technical solar and electrical questions and they knew all the right answers. I feel very sorry for some of the people who have had bad experiences or faulty/failed components. Kind of makes me really worried if my system failed or had a fault under warranty and that's not how customers should feel. Fingers crossed I get ten trouble free years from it.

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for your positive feedback!

-T

I don't understand how there can be so many negative comnents. I thought I may have had an issue this week so I phoned Tru Value and spoke with Sarah who was quick, swift and extremely helpful to a... read more »

GRIFFIN QLD

Verified Purchase

Don't use them- crap service- spend little more to save yourself with follow-ups

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Solar system installed and paid $$- final process to submit simple EWR form to Energex to change meter to use solar is mucked up.
Called them plenty times- now 6 weeks already after solar installed- but not running due to fact that this form is not submitted by True value to energex- always kept on saying - someone will fill this as always- but nothing happened as yet....I have already lost lot of $$ value of solar power- and now this review. Use someone reputed- as they seem to don't listen after payment is processed to them...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Gurjinder, I'm very sorry about the issues you have had in regards to the paperwork. I am currently working with the scheduling office to get this fixed for you as soon as possible. You should... read more »

As usual no call or follow up till now as 2 days have passed already- what else should I say

What a hall of shame this company is. Have called on 10+ occasions to get this sorted- Still my issue is not fixed. these rippers can't just get the easiest part done...i.e. submitting paperwork for EWR.:(

Perth

Verified Purchase

Very poor product quality & customer care service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Purchased a 2 KW system 2 years back, after 18 months product got damaged due to a minor hail storm (discovered when the panels were serviced & detected loss of power generated), brings into question the suitability & quality of this product to withstand Perth weather which experiences minor hail storms throughout the year. I have to pay insurance excess of $800 to get it fixed. Very poor customer service as well, took me 2 months to get through, very disappointing, will not recommend this product to anyone. I was promised at the time of purchase by both sales staff & installers that it will withstand a minor hailstorm, but apparently it doesn't. Totally disappointing experience with True Value Solar.

Coombabah

Verified Purchase

Do Not Buy From True Value Solar ...

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Bought 5kg systems from this company, installed Dec 14 GOODWE INVERTER no longer working told by [name removed] in customer service that it would be 4-6 weeks before anyone could come out to repair or replace the Inverter as they are extremely busy... Going by all the complaints on this site plus Solarpanels review site the reason why takes so long to get someone out is due to the crap Inverters they sell the while telling customers how good they are... Not happy at all with this service didn't pay nearly $5000 for something to last this amount of time... So much for the warranty doesn't seem to be worth the paper its written on... Have told TVS that we expect a reimbursement on our power bill for the period Inverter not working.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Sharon,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing, could you provide your reference number so I can see if there is anything I can do to assist?

Verified Purchase

Lack of communication and maintenance, faulty inverter

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I purchased a system from TVS after much discussion with staff on the quality and servicing of the Bosch Inverter.The system was installed in November 2016. After a month I have had problems with the inverter. I have tried for 3 months to have a technician come to the property and check the system. The response from TVS turn off the system if I am worried and wait for a technician. I didn't pay for a system to it leave turned off for 3 months. All attempts to have the issue solved have failed. I will now contact Fair Trading. My advice to others do not purchase from TVS totally unreliable and no communication.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Jb,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Could you please provide your reference number so I can see if there's anything I can do from my end?
-T

My reference no.T479791. I have contacted Fair Trading today and also sent an email to service Bosch Power to see if they can advise me if the problem is dangerous.

True Value Solar Official

Thank you JB, I have forwarded this to the correct department. If you have no word by Friday, please do let me know.

• 9 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Solar system Inverter death...RIP...He died way too young.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

Very disappointed in True Value Solar response to my repair call. Sounds like Steveo and I should compare notes. My inverter also failed. We have had it for only 5 years, and just out of our 5 year Warranty period the Solar red fault light comes on and says "relay fault'. I was told immediately that it was the inverter and that I would need a new one, which I would have to pay for and 'would i like a quote'!? I asked if anyone would need to have a look and see if they could fix it and was told no, that's what it would be. "it just happens somet imes". Well that sounds like a faulty product to me. Time to do some investigating.....Last time I did this I ended up the head of a class action lawsuit against (can't be named Car company), Car company did not own up to fault and blamed it on service too Steveo. Well 8 months later after Senior Investigator at ACCC and Consumer Action Law was involved, Said car company was made to recall faulty car part and replace faulty part, as well as repay and compensate myself and 20 others. Cost car company over $5million. And they were SOOO sure that it was the service too and had been getting away with it for years! Investigation showed otherwise. So we shall see True Value Solar. You already have a file started, I don't muck around. Your representatives need to know that it doesn't matter if it is out of warranty, the customer is still covered under Australian Consumer Law. Major Fault in VIC is replace, repair or refund, at the customers choice. Instead they are trained to say the wrong thing. I was told the wrong this already by 2 of your employees. The 'it's out of warrantee" excuse does not tell the customer of their rights. Perhaps the investigation will uncover more. At least the fine is going up to $10million soon for companies. https://m.consumer.vic.gov.au/news-and-events/media-releases/australian-consumer-law-review-final-report-media-release
If this is a consistent fault and by the phone response I received it sounds like one, you can be sure that I will find out and make sure everyone is justly compensated.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Reidit, I am sorry to hear your inverter has failed. As stated with the manager on the phone, our warranty is 5 years and this is not something we can extend. ACL states an item must work for a... read more »

- So a 'reasonable amount of time for an inverter to last is 5 Years?' Q. Is this the standard replacement time for inverters? Q. Were we told this on Purchase that it would only last 5 years? - ... read more »

perth

• 9 comments
  • 32 helpful votes

DO NOT USE TRUE VALUE SOLAR

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

they are liars and will tell you anything to get a sale, don't fit when they say, months later after full payment, requested a refund they refused, cowboy installers, 2 and half years later and still haven't fitted what we were sold.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Charl,

I do sincerely apologise for the experience you have had with us. Could you provide me your reference number so I can take a look for you?

-T

We were in correspondence with you for over 2 years to try to get what you sold us an all we got was fobbed off and threats. So NO we are over your lying crap and people need to know what you are like.

True Value Solar Official

I am sorry to hear that. I am unable to help you rectify the issue without information to find you in our system. If you would like me to go ahead and do my best to fix your issue, then please fee... read more »

Armidale

• 6 helpful votes

3 Inverters in 11 months and still not working

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

What a disaster! With a small inheritance given to us by a loved one we decided to invest in solar. Biggest Mistake dealing with this company. Nothing but problems and we are shocked with how we have been so poorly treated considering we paid in full up front and had trust in True Value Solar. We are on our third inverter, installed 3 months ago, which worked for only 6 hours after installation, as did both the previous inverters. Despite contacting True Value fortnightly it still has not been resolved. Obviously the installation is wrong as each new inverter presents with the same error and our system only works at half its potential. We feel ripped off and ignored. We have been very patient and understanding however our patience has run thin, hence this review. We are a young family trying to get by and do right by the environment. Learn from our mistake, choose a more reputable company with reliable customer care. It is a lot of money for a family to fork out and isn't to be taken lightly. We are now off to the ombudsman and will be getting advice on how best to rectify this situation. This has been an incredibly frustrating and tedious 11 months. STEER CLEAR!

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Ash,

I am very sorry to hear of your unfavourable after sales service from us.

Could you please provide me your reference number so I can look in to this for you as soon as possible?

T471372

Hi Ash,

I am looking in to this for you and you should have a call soon. I do sincerely apologize for the issues you have experienced and will do my best to rectify this for you.

1 of 54 pages

Has anyone else been made to wait over 4 months to get coected to the grid? im now seeking legal help to have them removed and money back very angry

Kevin asked on Jun 05, 2017

Answer this

I'm terribly sorry that's happened to you. My grid connection only took 2 weeks from installation. Have you changed electricity providers since the day of installation? Is your home equipped with a smart meter?

Hi Kevin ,, I think you would be doing the right thing by trying to get them removed.. It appeares that under their new management that customer care and service of the equipment that they supply is not much good . We reported that our 14 month old inverter was not working and it is now 10 weeks and after stacks of phone calls
have now been told that we have to wait until a replacement inverter comes from overseas. No a mob you would have much faith in
Jimo

I contacted tru valu nearly two months ago regarding my excessive power bills. i have had the panels for 3 years and each 2 months the bills have crept up until 2 months ago when it was very high. i went to my inverter to find a fault light on and contacted you to help. i was advised how to reset it and kept an eye on it for 4 weeks. because i was told someone will contact me within 4 weeks to arrange a service and check and of course at my cost. well i check my inverter again today as my next bill has arrived slightly less but still high considering i should be getting the benefits of summer which was no the case. well lo and behold now i have different messaging on my panel which you can barely see because of the cover is brittle and it states volt fault. reset all the panels and power again twice and nothing but another fault light.regards Susan - any suggestions?

Susan asked on Apr 17, 2017

Answer this

See my post. They have faulty inverters. Am gathering stories and contact details off everyone who has had issues. Please private message me and anyone else who has also had this fault. Thanks

Thanks for your responses - I have been told they going to replace my inverter - that was two weeks ago - been missing a lot of sunshine grrr

Hi Susan,

If you need any more assistance with this, please let me know.

Regards,
-T

hi i have a 4.2 kw growatt inverter is there a recall on these item number inv70 mine has just stopped working purchased from true value solar i have switched this off at the mains and back on again i still have a red light and it says pv isolation low please can someone help

mary asked on Mar 02, 2017

Answer this

Suggest you immediately make contact with TVS and get them to address, as there should be a long term warranty on this.

thx mate will do in the am when they open

Faulty inverters. Please see my answer to above question and recent review. Cheers.

See all 50 questions about True Value Solar