True Solar = True Service, amazing Service every time you need them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

Please note to all readers i dont have any interest with true value, and i don't get paid by any company to write this review... i write it only from my true experience i had with True Solar... this is my own real experience !!!!

We Installed the True Solar System in 2015, since then we had 2 problems with the solar inverter. every time we called they helped fast... just today came true solar technician (second time now) after reporting the trouble a day before...they came and fixed the solar inverter in few minutes (just loos wire and the
LCD Screen slot).
i was amazed on the Customer Service and the technicians who worked on our system and supported us when we needed them ...
customer service and technicians were very professional, polite and Very Efficient on solving our problems...
the solar inverter is producing around 20Kw a day (average)... and in a cloudy day it produce around 4-9KW DAILY !
THIS SOLAR SYSTEM HAS GIVING US AMAZING VALUE FOR OUR MONEY AFTER 2 YEARS....
True Solar True Value..
thank you so much !

Melbourne

Verified Purchase

Don't pay upfront for a bad experience

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

This company are very good at sales but very poor at installation and service. I had a hard time getting them to fix my hot water service after a faulty valve was installed with it. Also, my solar panels were installed 7 or more weeks ago and didn't pass inspection. I am the one having to chase. No certificate of electrical safety or plumbing certificate and still no connection to the grid. What's worse is that the system shuts off several times an hour - an issue identified by the installer on the day of installation, again by the electoral in spector and then again by the installer the day he came out to fix some cabling. They're now trying to blame everyone else first - power supplier, Bosch - rather than investigate it. The mistake I made was paying up front so now I'm having to rely on them to do the right thing and sort out this mess. It's very unusual to demand payment upfront and before successful installation and completion of the work. I urge anyone who decides to use this company to pay only when the job is properly done. Disappointing result so far for such a large investment.

• 3 helpful votes

Worthless Warranty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

Purchased a Solar Photovoltaic system on the 12/4/11 with a ten year warranty.They now claim warranty is only on the installation and wiring and not on the actual unit. The warranty certificate clearly states on the structural and non structural components of the system. They now want $250 call out fee to service the unit and will then advise me if it can be repaired or replaced at my cost. I want to upgrade to a 5kw unit but I will not be dealing with these cowboys .

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 comments

Worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

My system was installed on the 20th of September and the installers said maximum 2 weeks for it to be up and running (with sa power networks installing a new meter). It has now been 7 weeks and no response to my queries. I should not have to chase up when a service is apparently being provided to me. Communication is fine before payment, after payment they clearly don't care. I don't recommend this company. REALLY DISAPPOINTING!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi Libski I understand that Kylie from South Australian office is trying to remedy this for you. Unfortunately the main reason for this occurrence is due to your address being verified by AGL as be... read more »

Wow, thanks for replying on my complaint and not directing calling or emailing me, proof of your great service!!!! Don't pass blame to me, my address is 57A as I stated!!!!!

still not with solar as yet!!!!! Have spoken with consumer affairs!!!

Mackay

• 2 comments

Still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2016

3 months and still waiting on a connection date, l just keep getting the run around, l should have believed the reviews.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update, all the inverters in Australia have been recalled for an upgrade ( this is the third excuse l have been given ) and no date can be given as to when they will be able to supply?????? If l re... read more »

Update #2 a change was made to the solar panels that were originally quoted for, but that doesn't bother me, and they are here today installing (23/11/2016) so hopefully there will be no more problems.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Never respond to phone calls

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

We notified them on 19/9/16 about an issue with our solar system which is under warranty. They told us that some one will be calling and nothing happened. Then they did not know that there was a change of ownership so we sent through the detail again. Then when we try to find out what is happening they are still communicating with the previous owners.... then they told us the part is there then when my wife phoned the next day to see when it will be installed they told her that it was the wrong part. I phoned today to find out what the issue wa s and to speak to an snr member that can take ownership of this (remember 6 weeks have passed with lies that they will phone back) then I was told that the person in QLD was on the line and I said that I was happy to wait... needless to say I was then told that I can't be put through and that she will phone me. We are now waiting 6 weeks for the call. In the mean time my power bill is sky high but who cares... Not a company that I will deal with in future. Will give you time to contact me and to RESOLVE the matter by COB 2/11/16

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Painful - 3 weeks in and yet to even have solar turned on .....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

7am booking turning into a 1pm arrival. Might not have been a problem if my house had been inspected prior and they had realised it would be a Non standard install, so even working through till 7.30 pm they could not finish. Also trying to charge $250 more for the non standard install - my house was as described, I checked multiple times that they didn't need anymore info and was assured on each occasion that the double story surcharge was all that applied.

I had a new meter so all that was required was a reprogramming and we would be good t
o go. Three weeks on Still nothing. I have called TVS many times and got different messages each time. Ended up calling both my distributor and retailer before working out No paper work regarding my install had even been forwarded through. On my final call the TVS contact had the gall to note that the install was complete and their obligations had now been satisfied. My mistake I suppose - I thought I would be able to turn it on once they were done.... Constant references to subcontractors is infuriating. I'm happy to manage my retailer if required, even the distributor, but I have no idea which contractor you have chosen to work on my property - as a company they really need to manage those relationships better.

Anyway - hopefully I'll be able to report an update once my solar system is able to be turned on and review function and performance and the like. Up till this point it's been a painful process and I wish I had paid more for a start to finish service.

Melbourne

• 1 comment

Never respond to complaints

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2016

My Sunnyroo 5KW inverter stopped working 1 month out of warranty, apparently I am lucky it lasted this long but TVS never bothered even responding to my emails over 8 weeks. FYI emails are the only way they will apparently deal with complaints.

I paid over $17k for what I thought was a top of the line system, I realise it is supposed to be serviced every two years but every expert I asked said that was just a technicality, the service essentially consists of opening the cabinet and having a look. It is installed in my garage well protected f
rom the elements.

When I first called they said it would cost me several hundred dollars to come out and do a service and maybe it could be repaired or replaced at my cost, I said thanks I'll let you know and did some research first.

If I had looked online and found information that said, great product, make sure it is serviced I would suck it up but it was rubbish and the importer went out of business. I thought a reputable company might take this into consideration and offer to get it repaired (my initial request) or at least take look without charging me (good opportunity to give me a special deal on a better product) but I'm not throwing good money after bad now and meanwhile I have missed 2 months worth of solar feed in $. I guess this is part of their strategy.

Buyer beware (and check the fine print)

Comments

Update: on Oct 31st I got a personal message from Natalie asking for my reference number so that she could check out my complaint. 8 days later and still NOTHING. I have some free advice for this ... read more »

Tyabb

• 1 comment

let down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2016

brought a Bosch heat which is good, but unfortunately the service wasn't, basically had to figure out and set up myself because they had no idea !!!!. left with out hot water because of shocking service with no reasonable out come, wished i brought it elsewhere

Comments

have just been contacted by Terry from True Value, who showed great concern, fantastic bloke and offer a few products and a bit of compensation, totally turned my opinion of True Value Solar around... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Sold me a system that was never going to be approved and now wants me to pay more to fix there mista

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Redcastle

• 4 helpful votes

Good, service and price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Fast instelation all round good service, call center staff always very good and helpful.
The installers where efficient and on time

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Rubbish Led Lights - True Value Solar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

The LED lights being installed by True Value Solar are complete rubbish. I purchased 70 LED lights and had constant problems with them and required constant replacements. True Value Solar then agreed to replace all 70 lights claiming that the LED installed were from a faulty batch. I am now again having constant issues with flickering and breaking lights. Each time a light begins flickering it takes forever for True Value Solar to replace the light and I am left with flickering LED's all over the house. Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish...... Do not buy this product.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
True Value Solar Official

Hi MAT I have spoken with the General Manager of Installations and we are just organising a suitable time to visit you and resolve this matter. Thank you for your patience. If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Natalie

Hi Natalie, I have had no correspondence from anyone in relation to the replacement of the 70 LED lights as discussed over the phone. Could you please follow up on this.
Regards
Mary-Ann

Hi Mary Anne
I spoke with our installation department and they advised me that they have left a message regarding a time that will be suitable for you. Please let me know and I will chase them up. Thanks Natalie

1 of 51 pages