I managed to get the kick plate at the back fixed. Would i buy another Toureg i don't think so! Then all vehicles seem to have their faults. The tappers and transmission on this vehicle seems to ha... read more »
VASMAN posted on May 07, 2014
+ It's a great touring car.
- It needed a new motor.
+ Active Cruise on highways is fantastic, Air suspension great ride, Great for Towing van 2.5t, loads of Torque and returning 15l/100k's. Very reliable.
- Active Cruise drops out in tunnels on occasions and dealerships don't know how to fix.
+ The raw acceleration up the hills and the bends of great ocean road
- Every time a red light or yellow light came on, had to go to regional dealers and mate $ 2450 to get the car started
+ Comfy to drive, safety and the 360 aerial view camera
- Too many. Rear kick plate. Cruise control.
+ Drive a luxury quick SUV without the "[censored word removed]" factor
- Sometimes think VW should take Touareg owners more seroiusly.
This is an Australian review site Michael. Your car is not sold here.
Burnt-Twice posted on Oct 17, 2013
+ Ride, vision, general comfort, powerful
- Potential mega costs to maintain. Radio/CD designed for European use - most features of music system are redundant. Soft trim throughout is too easily damaged or torn. Drive computer is not user friendly, location of battery is stupid (Under passenger seat!)
Purchased at: Volkswagen Dealers
Brake and tyre wear at that sort of km is always a result of driving habits. Don't believe forum on service costs either
Mark Witteman posted on May 31, 2014
J Heath asked on May 29, 2013
I own a vw touareg v10;95000kms. Drive from western Qld Blackall to Toowoomba,1000 Kim's,does it on one tank of fuel 100 litres very comfy. Very reliable
Dr Viney Joshi, Blackall
Viney replied on Jun 05, 2013
Have had 3 Touaregs and heading for forth. Great car for towing if diesel. The safety aspects of Touareg make Triton comparison irrelevant.
ewan.walsh replied on Nov 15, 2014
|Models||2002-2010, 2011-Present, Temp|