Awesome Product But Know Your Contract!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2015

WME have been great. I panicked after reading so many negative comments such as the ones here however I have found like any such product as long as you read your contract properly and stick to their rules they are definitely awesome value for money. I have been with them for about 6 months and despite a few initial communication hiccups, I have actually received services and products worth more than the money I have paid them so far. Roadside assistance was fast and efficient and I had my air conditioner fixed with no hassle at all.

So everyone is writing about the company's scams and lies and rip offs, has or is anything being done to stop them? I was forced into this as well and because I couldn't cancel because of not being able to contact anyone, I cancelled my direct debits. They contact me now after 2 years saying I have to finish my payments with them. What do I do? Can anyone reading this please advise? Thanks

Max asked on Dec 16, 2016

Answer this

They did the same thing to me!!! Or rather a debt-collecting company they give the debts to did. I wrote them a letter dictated by my solicitor saying that to show me in writing what debts I owed if any. I said I would fight the charge with force. I heard no reply!!!!!!! Good luck! This company should be closed down and some people prosecuted........

Well there you go . . . . .It was a scam. For the last 18 months I believed I was covered by this mob - WME - in case i broke down. Damn lucky that my car did not break down. I was only investigating this now as a premium for a roadside assistance policy was detailed on my car insurance renewal notice - and I thought "Why am I paying for something that I already have?" . . . .but now I discover that those fortnightly repayments were for NOTHING!! Who do we call? . . . .not Ghostbusters . . . . .