• 4 helpful votes

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2015

I signed up with warranties made easy and was told 2 payments of $44,80 , was told it is cheaper than RAC. Never received a contract till they had taken out 5 payments fortnightly. Contract was posted to me then after I had sent them 2 emails and the contract was sent to the wrong address. They don't answer their ph calls. When I finally got hold of them, I was told I had to wait 2 weeks while they investigated the original ph call and they would phone me then. I would be put in the hands of their debt collectors if I didn't finish paying the contract which is $448.00 RAC is only $198 . These people are scammers. They wont get any more of our money.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

NSW

• 3 helpful votes

SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2015

AWN - Warranties Made Easy - SCAM at its best.
Joined up 01.05.15 - 10 payments @ $39.80 - $500 Holiday Voucher valid for 18 months (www.holidayrewards.com.au)- all paperwork in the mail within the week, well before the cooling off period - policy would not commence for 30 days. Never received any paperwork (hard copy or Email) - Cooling off period expired - Sent email - AWN fobbed me off to Warranties Made Easy (beth@warrantiesmadeeasy.com.au & info@warrantiesmadeeasy.com.au & try 1800 178 646). Sent email - was delivered & got read receipt f
or both emails - no response otherwise. Sent further email to both again - both delivered and read receipts - no response.
Sent further email giving a required response date - delivered & read receipt from both emails - no response. OFT/Consumer affairs suggested ASIC (as WME Pty Ltd is regulated by them, plus lodge complaint with Fair Trading. In the interim,3 debits, by company called EZIDEBIT occurred (1st before the cooling off period expired).
Had to cancel credit card to stop more. Complaints being lodged as we speak. Absolute CON. Do not go there.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

useless with customer serivce

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2015

Went to make a claim on my policy only to find out my policy was canclled in july and payments had been stopped by accounts department have been calling and sending emails no one gets back to you and the so called team leaders are a joke they have no morals they are the biggest scammers. I have taken it to fair trade. And because there is no recording for the sale I should be entitled to get my money back im so angry

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Don't Sign Up for Roadside Assist with Warranties Made Easy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2015

I purchased the 5 years Roadside Assist in May this year at a cost of $398. We have since disposed of this vehicle and purchased a newer car. I phoned Roadside Assist to inform them and to request a refund of the used portion of the policy. I was told that they could not give a refund under the terms of the policy so I asked to change the Roadside Assist to the new vehicle. This was also not possible as the policy is for the nominated vehicle only and cannot be transferred to another vehicle. As a result I have 4 years and 10 months remaining o n a policy I can no longer use at a cost of about $350. I know I am not alone in this as the Superviser told me that many of their customers are in the same position. So, obviously the company is aware that during the course of a policy people dispose of their vehicles and either want a refund or to transfer the policy to their new vehicle amd npt being able to do so means that the company gets your money and does not have to provide the service, in effect getting your money for nothing. They did say the policy could be onsold with the vehicle to a new purchase, but I find that of little comfort. So, whatever you do, do NOT but Roadside Assist with Warranties Made Easy.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Central Coast N.S.W.

The final outcome

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Finally ! After considerable correspondence and insistence on my part one policy was located, although another person I spoke to on the phone said "you have two policies", and quoted numbers, I received a refund for one policy. So as it stands I have one policy and received a refund for another. What a way to run a business !

Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

Paid my 5 years roadside assist, rang change vehicles all good bought New vehicle rang them to cancel policy they told me they already canceled it 7mths prior, when I asked where is my refund than as only had policy for a year still 4yrs to go. They told me there was no refund and to email some info centre for information.

• 1 answer
Private message

Avoid at all costs (and it may cost!!)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

I was cold-called by a foreign voice representing WME, and agreed to join when my RACQ expired. However, I reconsidered and could not reach anybody in Australia when I phoned them to cancel. This aroused suspicions and I cancelled my creit card. They have sold me on to a debt collector who can't substantiate their fee. I suspect that most of their income is derived from people cancelling and being penalised for this. If you are considering this company, my advice is to reconsider!

Ipswich

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

Further to my previous review, this mob is running their operations from a private residence at [address removed]. They have no service office in Australia. They don't answer calls or emails, so how on earth if you are broken down or have any emergency are you expected to contact them if they don't answer the calls. Happy to take your hard earnt $$$..... but no service.

Lithgow, NSW

Private message

A Con or Smart Marketing?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

"Warranties Made Easy" pass on the risk to " National Roadside Assistance", no doubt at a discount, who provide the actual assistance (and do a great job). The payments are collected by "Easy Debit" also at a discount, So WME do nothing but sell the policies and collect a commission. They do NOT return phone calls, because most are complaints. The policy can be transferred to a new vehicle by contacting the National Roadside Assistance organisation. I know this because it happened to me. WME then had to admit it was possible and altered their records accordingly. Payments are automatically deducted from my account on the nominated day, but I keep receiving overdue notices.

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2015

I purchase 5 year warranties from WME last April, and I had an issue like after 1 month and when I called them they have responded very fast. Kudos to them!

Private message

They con you into giving them information and then use it agaist you, don't ever give them your cred

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Don't trust or use them, once you give them information they keep billing you even when you don't want them to, then if you don't pay more they get a dept collecter to find you and bill you more.

No problems at all

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Tuesday 10/1/17 came back from Melbourne and stopped to get some takeaway car would not start. Rand roadside assist and within an hour had a mobile roadside assist to jump start me. Good service (i live in Cranbourne vic) The next day travelled to Melbourne to trade in my car and on the way home car just stopped all power cut out. Rang road side assist and again within an hour i had a tow truck and was on my way to Cranbourne. I had to pay for excess kms for tow $88.00 not too bad. Nothing but praise for this company fast efficient service helped me twice in two days. I have transferred the balance of roadside assistance to my new car. Great service.

1 of 2 pages

So everyone is writing about the company's scams and lies and rip offs, has or is anything being done to stop them? I was forced into this as well and because I couldn't cancel because of not being able to contact anyone, I cancelled my direct debits. They contact me now after 2 years saying I have to finish my payments with them. What do I do? Can anyone reading this please advise? Thanks

Max asked on Dec 16, 2016

Answer this

They did the same thing to me!!! Or rather a debt-collecting company they give the debts to did. I wrote them a letter dictated by my solicitor saying that to show me in writing what debts I owed if any. I said I would fight the charge with force. I heard no reply!!!!!!! Good luck! This company should be closed down and some people prosecuted........

Well there you go . . . . .It was a scam. For the last 18 months I believed I was covered by this mob - WME - in case i broke down. Damn lucky that my car did not break down. I was only investigating this now as a premium for a roadside assistance policy was detailed on my car insurance renewal notice - and I thought "Why am I paying for something that I already have?" . . . .but now I discover that those fortnightly repayments were for NOTHING!! Who do we call? . . . .not Ghostbusters . . . . .