Filter By:

Best value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Have had private health insurance for many many years, then making the change to Westfund a couple of years ago was a great move. Definitely value for money with the added extras I never received from other funds. Staff at Maroochydore office always helpful with providing excellent customer support.

westfund best by far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I would not swap westfund ,they have the best healthcover ,as being along term private healthcover since 1958 .Westfund would be my best .They help you get the best out of your fund ,And as a pensioner they try to look after you to the best of their ability ..I will keep with them as long as the government doesn't make things worse by putting up rates .

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you, Helen. We are happy that you appreciate our customer service as we always value our member's feedback. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Great Health Fund

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Changing to Westfund is the best thing we've done! Fantastic cover, I love the little extras like the general dental top up and the staff I've spoken to have all been so helpful and friendly. We've used both our hospital and extras cover without incident and I'm always very happy with the ease of claiming and the benefit amounts we receive. Couldn't be happier!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We love that you are enjoying our service Tahnee and we appreciate the time you took to review us. Have a great day!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Keeps on changing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

I have to say that I am very disappointed with the way Westfund keeps taking things out of our policy, every year there is something else gone, but the rates keep going up! It is probably the same with other funds, but my concerns are with ours. I don't think we should lose services that were included when we joined, just to make us take out a higher level of cover.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Hi Cinarm. Premium increases for all private health funds were approved by the health minister on April 1. We and all other health funds are required to justify these increases in order to get t... read more »

Very informed and professional staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

I have been in contact with Westfund a few times of late and each time I have come away feeling very satisfied with the service and advice I received. Staff are very approachable and professional. Well done Westfund.
Regards Robyn

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We love to provide our members with top level service and appreciate the time you've taken to review us. We hope you have a great day Robyn!

Sunshine Coast

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 35 helpful votes
Private message

Excellent health insurance but travel insurance partner dubious

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

I have happily been a member of Westfund for years. I checked out travel insurance partner of Westfund and was disappointed. Figure quoted around $70 increased to over $100 by requesting $1000 cover for hire car excess (it was not possible not to get a policy without this cover). Westfund needs to make sure any travel insurers it partners with do not engage in deceptive and misleading conduct, and are actually really fair, prompt and accessible in the way they handle and process overseas claims. The sudden spike in the policy price made be doubt the bona fides of the travel insurer Westfund partnered with. Remember Westfund, these other insurers affect your brand image.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback.
As you are a valued member of ours, we wouldn't want to recommend any product or service to you that was not up to our standards. We will pass this on to the travel insurer.

Central coast

• 4 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 8 helpful votes
Private message

Best Heath fund there is!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

I can not fault westfund's service. I have been a life time member of westfund for over 27 years. When it was time to leave my parents policy (members for 33years) I automatically switched to my own single policy which was easy and simple.
I have found the staff over the phone to be wonderful and will always go the extra mile. I have never had a bad experience with Westfund with their service or claims. I highly recommend westfund!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you so much! Enjoy the holiday season. :)

Insurance claim made

Premium paid worth every cent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Value for money is excellent. Have been members for years with no thought of changing Providers - policy was very easy to set up - Customer support is clear, concise and rapidly answered - never had an issue with coverage to Medical Providers - have recommended Westfund to friends and associates who have thanked me for bringing Westfund to their attention.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thank you so much for the kind words and your recommendations too! Most of our new members come from recommendations and it means a lot to us that you're happy with the service & cover.

Emerald

• 2 helpful votes

Incompetent staff

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

I am severely upset with west fund, over 18 months ago we want to be covered for ivf but due to incompetence we still are not covered. Not happy at all.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

Thanks for the feedback Volur13.
We've looked into this and have been informed your complaint is already being looked into by our Senior Service Manager.

Insurance claim made

Value for Money excellent service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

Yes, I had need to visit the Mudgee office again regarding my wife's recent operation and was assisted by Emily this time and very satisfied with the continued service provided by all the staff at this branch. I believe this is a great model of service provided to the public by Westfund. It is value for money!

August 22nd 2016 Update: Value for Money excellent service! Honest advice from the Optometrist regarding my glasses.

Extremely Good value for money. Eye test was extremely detailed, great service delivery. The staff have been very
helpful each time we have had need to either visit or phone.

October 5th 2016 Update: Value for Money excellent service! Honest advice from the Optometrist regarding my glasses.

Extremely satisfied with the service given by the staff in Dubbo branch as usual. The optometrist's assistance adjusted my glasses and fitted new rubber supports. Even though the staff were busy personal service is always assured!

March 8th 2017 Update: service and knowledge of the products

We received an email inviting us to review our current cover, so we attended the Mudgee office and were shown how we could best maximise our cover, how the product had been improved to suit our needs! The staff were knowledgeable about the improvements even though they had only recently received the change information themselves and we were the first customers to avail ourselves for the information. Extremely pleased with the staff and how both members present interacted with the both of us. Definitely money well spent by Westfund on staff training!

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

The Mudgee team will be delighted to see your kind words and all of us here are so grateful that you've taken the time to leave us such a lovely review.
Thank you for being part of our Westfund family Rodger!

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Good customer service and good value for money insurance cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

Customer service has always been good. It's very easy to call them and talk to a person who will do their best to find the answers to your questions. Some of the customer service staff are really good at sensing your concerns (e.g. out-of-pocket expenses) and try to address it accordingly or look at options to best suit one's needs. Recently had a day procedure and they covered everything even though I'm not on their highest plan. Good value for money as well. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice to join Westfund.

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

What a lovely comment Ben!
We're so glad to hear our customer service team have managed to address any concerns you had. We hope the day procedure went well and thank you so much for going out of your way to write us a review, it's much appreciated.

You're welcome.

Orange

• 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Pretty good but not quite as good as it used to be

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2016

I have found in the last 12 months I have had quite a lot of out of pocket expenses totaling almost $7000. This is the first year since joining Westfund in the 90s that I have ever had out of pocket expenses and I have had to take out a loan to cover them. Quite hard as I am on a pension. So I am a little disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Westfund Heath Insurance Official

We really hope you're feeling better Annette & are so sorry to hear that you've had a lot of out of pocket expenses. For any potential procedures that may be required it could be possible to find ... read more »

1 of 4 pages