Best Travel Insurance
Travel insurance will give you peace of mind and cover you for a range of situations that may arise, such as emergency overseas medical expenses, lost or stolen personal items and your car hire excess depending on the level of coverage you choose. Here's how to use our filters and a quick overview of each specification to help you compare travel insurance policies and choose the best insurance policy for you:
- Single Trip (Overseas): coverage for one standalone overseas trip.
- Multi-Trip (Multi-Trip): coverage for annual multitrips. A maximum days limit per trip applies.
- Medical-Only: basic coverage for medical expenses and assistance.
- Already Overseas: coverage if you've already left Australia and need travel insurance. A waiting period usually applies, between 24 hours and 72 hours.
- Domestic: coverage for domestic travel within Australia.
- Non-Medical: coverage for luggage and cancellations etc, excluding medical coverage.
- Vehicle Only: coverage for rental vehicle excess only.
Maximum Age Covered
- Many travel insurance policies have an age limit, so use the slider to view policies that will cover the oldest person in your travelling party.
- Use the filters to view policies that cover Pregnancy and Overseas Emergency Assistance if needed.
Luggage & Personal Effects
- Maximum Single Item Limit: the maximum you can claim per item, exclusions or different limits for different types of items may apply.
- Benefits Limit: the maximum total value of all your claims combined that you can be reimbursed for.
- Personal Liability: the maximum amount you'll be covered for if you become personally liable for any damage to other persons or their property.
- Motorbike/Moped Coverage: coverage dependent on engine capacity - see Details (use the Compare feature or view individual listings) and the insurance provider's product disclosure statement for specifications.
Rental Vehicle Excess
- Limit: the amount your policy will cover you for if you become liable to pay any rental car hire excess as a result of damage or theft to a rental vehicle.
Special Activities Packages
- Special Activities: choose Snow / Ski, Cruise, Adventure / Extreme Sports and Golf if you want to be covered for any of these activities. They may be included in the policy, or an optional extra.
- For even more specific filtering, as Cruise and Snow / Ski are the most popular activities, choose between Included or Optional Extra to find policies that either already have these activities included or if you need to purchase an add-on for coverage.
Handy Tip: After using the filters to narrow down your options to view only policies relevant to your needs, use our Compare feature to view even more in-depth details, such as the maximum weeks pregnancy is covered for, emergency dental limits and specific single item limits.
- Transparency 3.3 (121)
- Customer Service3.4 (136)
- Value for Money3.5 (153)
- Insurance Cover For
- Adult (125)
- Senior (34)
- Child (16)
- Teenager (3)
- Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations (22) · Medical (13) · Other (7) · Lost/Stolen Property (5) · Car/Rental Hire Excess (3) · Personal Liability (2)
- Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (29)
- UnderwriterAuto & General Insurance
- Maximum Ages Covered 74 years old to 100 years old
- Overseas Emergency Assistance Not Covered and Unlimited
- Emergency DentalNot Included and Unlimited
- Pregnancy (max weeks) Not Included
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot Covered and Unlimited
- Theft of Cash $250, $400 and Not Included
- Luggage & Personal Effects $2,500, $5,000 and $7,500
- Personal Liability A$1,000,000 to A$5,000,000
- Maximum Ages Covered 74 years old to 101 years old
- Overseas Emergency Assistance Not Included and Unlimited
- Emergency Dental$1,000 and Not Included
- Pregnancy (max weeks) 23 weeks
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimited
- Theft of Cash Not Included
- Luggage & Personal Effects $5,000
- Personal Liability A$1,000,000