• Build Stage

101 Problems

Construction End DateNovember 2016
Chanelle F.

Chanelle F.Perth, WA

Would never build with them again

Construction End DateJanuary 2018

If I could do no stars I would

• +16

PVPPerth, WA

Very poor service 101

Construction End DateApril 2019
GSBA

GSBAperth

101 Residential, more like 101 COWBOYS.

rrrAU

I do not wish this experience on anyone!

APPALLING & EXCRUCIATING

jaz

In addition: Roof leaks in 3 areas. Repaired with silicone and continue to leak. Proposed complaint sent and waiting on resolution.

TerpsPerth

Square Peg in a Round Hole

Go elsewhere

101 cannot explain why they put nearly 100% mark up on costs of earthworks, I had to get a local contractor to fix the entrance into the driveway and thank goodness locals know what they're doing. 101 then wanted in writing from me so they do not take the liability (I guess this was in case the house flooded as on a slight hill). After waiting 16 months and final payment had cleared their bank, I went into 101 office to get my key, then was told it was not appreciated you turning up on demand and no other building company would have given out the key like that. Finally get into my new home and a contractor had left SKID MARKS in my brand new toilet when the builders toilet was still on site so I had to clean up everything, disgusting.

Lyn APerth

WARNING to anyone thinking of building with 101 RESIDENTIAL, DON'T you will regret it.

HaydenPerth

My House is still being built started jun 2013 lockup in september 2013 .. Now september 1 2014

Please do not buils your house from this 101

Poor workmanship slows build

Poor workmanship has been a common theme throughout our build with 101. Walls that have not been vertical, brick work not tied in, a slab incorrectly sized and so poorly levelled that it requires grinding- to name few.
Staff that have been difficult to contact owing to constant changeover and whom provide updates regarding our build that are incorrect.
This has occurred and we are not even at "lock up" yet.
Our initial consultant was helpful and knowledgeable
very slow build requiring continual prompts from us to ensure progress of the build

Very slow builder

101 laid our slab in July 2013 and we are a long way from completion. Anyone wanting to see the quality of their work is welcome to views our build so far at 3 fullston way, Beaconsfield. We go weeks with no work being undertaken. The 'team':will offer lots but follow through is another matter. Make sure your drawings are very clear as most trades can't understand our rear elevation.
The design
Bad brick work and lack of co.ordination.

Don't choose 101 Residential !!!!!

I am helping my Mum build a home with 101 Residential. It has been 1 whole year so far and the roof has just started. The problems we have had so far are numerous, staff leaving constantly, difficulty reaching staff, paperwork sent to Mum with wrong details like the site address, tradesmen using wrong plan to build house, house slab too small and no effective communication, they still don't know Mum's phone number!
We choose 101 due to their great floor plan and base price.
Every piece of paperwork so far has had errors. They are rude to deal with.

Colin M.

Colin M.asked

I have heard you guys are raising your prices due to the grants. Can you confirm this? I had a meeting with one of your salesmen on Friday who confirmed you were, stay clear of this company!

Matts G.
Matts G.

Hey Colin, I have been looking into doing a new build with this new grant on offer and was sceptical with most builders increasing there prices since the grant announcement. I have learnt that the building industry has been in a slump the last 6 years with tradesman have their wages reduced. With an increase in demand the cost of building increases. As of 11 June 101 Residential have not increased their prices yet but will in the near future as are all the builders. I will looking into designs asap to try and lock in a price that can be decided upon once i have financial confirmation from my broker. Goodluck

Helen

Helenasked

Have anyone recently built with 101? How is their build quality ? Like some of their house design but feel a bit horrified to proceed after looking at google reviews, do not wanna stuck with a leaking house since this is a huge investment.

Hi Helen,

We completely understand your concerns when making such an important decision. We can say 101 have built over 1400 homes since 2011. Initially along that journey and through the building boom, all builders had some quality issues if we are honest with ourselves, 101 were not immune to that and we have since addressed this.

We spent a lot of time developing an upper floor detailing and weatherproof system that in our view leads the market in ensuring a quality, safe, watertight home for your family that is unique to 101.

Please feel free to contact us and we explain what 101 currently do different to other builders so we can give you piece of mind.

Regards the 101 team.

Disapptd

Disapptdasked

Hi
We are currently building with 101. Had a pleasant start to the process, and were excited for the build to begin.
Then we received an email to say that it’s the owner’s responsibility to organise the ‘stormwater’. We looked at the contract now to discover that it’s ‘not included’, yet at no time were we alerted to this important process.
Would just like to confirm if this ‘stormwater’ is the soakwell(s)? We’ve looked at out site plans and there are symbols where the soakwells should be. We’d be really disappointed if this was not included. It’s not so much the extra payment, but the hassle of organising yet another thing that could have easily been included in the build price. What would be even more disappointing is if it were a sneaky attempt to not include it and making the ‘build’ more affordable.

Good afternoon Disapptd

Thank you for your question and feedback with regard to your experience with 101 Residential.

We are also excited to be starting your construction process and we look forward to continuing the high level of customer service you have received throughout the sales and prestart process.
We can confirm that stormwater is the soak wells/connection which we are required to show on the final plans to obtain the necessary approvals. We apologise if we have not been clear throughout the pre-construction process that this was left out of your contract and nominated as owner supplied, however this is quite common for our clients to do. We are certainly more than happy to provide a quote to include stormwater as a part of your contact which would eliminate the hassle of owner supplied coordination during the construction period.

You are welcome to contact us further at stephanieveale@101residential.com.au to discuss.
Thanks very much