1300 Insurance Pet Protect

1300 Insurance Pet Protect (page 2 of 2)

Accident-only and Comprehensive

See the Best Pet Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nick21

Nick21Melb

Don't waste you time or money,

My dog was ill, took him to the vet $575 later they were unsure of cause. Snake? Spiders? Poisioned ?. Lodged a claim almost a month has passed I had to chase it up. After a long wait they advised me that it will not be covered as I only have acciden cover. I advised them my welcome letter clearly says " your 1300 policy covered you for vet expenses should you suffer an unexpected accident or illness"

They are a joke, don't bother.and they will be getting a letter from the ombudsman
Cheap
Their custome service, the policy it's self

Wouldn't recommend this company

NicB55

NicB55ADELAIDE

Horrible Experience

I submitted a pre-approval request for major surgery on my dog's eyes. The problem is a hereditary problem from in-grown hairs on his eyelids. I selected their product which specifically covers hereditary problems. Due to my dog having conjunctivitis (a bacterial infection) before the cover was taken out they deemed the to be the cause of his hereditary problem. I am trying to enter into a dispute resolution process, hopefully I will get some answers as to how a bacterial infection can cause a hereditary problem. This is extremely unsatisfactory and displeasing.

RDigby

RDigbyADELAIDE

Do not use this product!

I can never get through to them, the wait time on the phone is ridiculous. They have terms in their PDS which many other providers to do like if your pet had any problem in an organ then they will not cover that organ for anything. E.g. your dog had a cut on his nose before the policy was taken out, then after the policy is taken out he gets nose cancer, they will not cover this! Who knows how far they could stretch this term. I am currently having them reviewed by the Financial Services Ombudsman. Horrible horrible experience. Avoid.

yculotnanum

yculotnanumMelbourne

Cheapest Pet Insurance in Australia

I just bought pet insurance for my two newly arrived Pomeranian puppies at 1300 Insurance and it has been the best deal I've got this year. The premiums are cheap, can be as cheap as 28 cents a day if you want it to, and the cover is incredible. It covers vet bills and accidental injury and illnesses. To put the cherry on top, I got a discount for my second pup for insuring two pets!
inexpensive, cheap

Terrible

If you are as busy as you state, relook at staffing issues, to provide better service in the limited hours for pet owners to contact you and please respond to emails. Even an initial generic acknowledgement would improve customer service.
Cannot comment
Customer Service appalling. Tried for three days to contact but left on hold for more than 8 mins each time because 'their team was flat out attending to other pet enquiries" Sent email with again no response or even advice of failure to deliver. When finally being able to make contact 4 business days later was advised we are behind in email responses??? and no record of any contact from myself was noted.

mocha1234AU

Excellent claim process

mocha1234

A very competitively priced product that met my needs and I really like. I liked being able to buy online and found it very easy to understand, not over complicated at all.
Easy to understand and easy to buy. One of those things you hope you ever need but good pet insurance is worthwhile. One of the most competitively priced for my needs.
Made me think of how I would act if my pet was sick - which I didnt want to do!

nicholb0011

nicholb0011AU

Good. Happy with the cover for the price. Best of all the quotes i got when I searched online. Most insurers dont offer cover for pets over 5 years old, 1300 Insurance offers cover up to 8 years I think
Good service - received a response to my question strait away. I havent experienced any problems the few times I have called.
Would be good to cover animals other than dogs and cats.