4.2

79% · 18646 · 20%
Brand Manager for 1800-Got-Junk?? Claim your listing.

Sean
SeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Very expensive mistake

We recently moved into a new home and was fortunate enough to purchase new furniture also . We had packing boxes and new flat pack boxes every where . I was desperate to have all this taken away so made the call .....was told $165 and up for removal of rubbish. Two gentlemen arrived and one gentleman looked and said $750 with a $35 discount. I was tired and made a bad decision and said just take it away . 20 to 30 minutes later it was all in the truck and given the bill . Two weeks later i got a skip bin $250 what a fool & I.
Val
ValGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant service

After a clean-up of my garage and shed I found the task of disposing of "junk" to be beyond my capabilities. After hearing an ad. on a local radio station (3AW) and speaking with my son and a niece who both had used Got Junk when they moved house, I arranged for a pick up today. Paul showed up right on time and the job was done in less than an hour. Nothing was too heavy or too difficult to reach - he was an absolute professional and such a great guy. I can't recommend "Got Junk" highly enough - their costs are very reasonable and their service outstandingly good.
Dale neumann
Dale neumann

These guys are the best in the business

Workers were courteous and efficient management the same and above all they were human and willing to work with youth get the best outcome you will not find a better service
Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Over priced - get a quote in advance or don't use them

Booked this service for the removal of 8 office chairs rather than sticking them in the office block bins, finished up being charged $545. Crazy cost for 5 minutes work........
Anna
AnnaCentral West, NSW

Quote was $900 RIP OFF however Steven was nice

Steven was an hour early. I didn’t realise the quote would be $900 as that’s a bit steep, my partner who was home said yes however if i was home I would have said no because I could have got a skip for $370, thankfully Steven was able to reduce the price a bit. He was lovely, hence why he got 2 stars, lost 3 stars due to price
Gabriel Fiorese
Gabriel FioresePoint Cook10 posts

Waste of time and money

The guys arrived with the truck 50% full (even though I made it clear that there was a lot to collect), so in less than 1 hour they filled the rest of the truck (there were a lot of cardboard boxes, which if crumpled up properly would save space) and to my surprise they came with the $1,160 bill!! I started my day with two problems, 1) There's still a lot of trash to throw away because they haven't taken everything. 2) I was charged a fortune for nothing. I don't recommend it to anyone, ever!
JInPerth
JInPerthPerth WA11 posts

Utter rip off

Considering that a large van + 2 people is about $120 an hour, having these guys arriving and then telling me that to remove a 3-seater sofa will be $278 is ridiculous. I think they are banking on people either not doing their homework, or thinking 'well they're here now and I do want it gone'.
Tamerah L.
Tamerah L.South East Queensland, QLD

Repeat customer, always delighted!

This is the second time I've used 1800-Got-Junk, both times under emotional circumstances. This time Chris and Joe helped me. I was touched by their empathy for the situation and I could not be happier with their friendly, efficient and honest work ethic. Awesome pair of guys, they even looked at a photo of my cats :D
Deric
DericMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Anna M.
Anna M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ridiculously expensive

Prepare yourself to pay almost double you would pay for a new fridge to get rid off the old one. Unbelievably expensive but the booking system is efficient and convenient.
Got Junk
Got Junk

Blaming their own Staff, for inefficieny

We were quote a price of $215 to remove a piece of exercise equipment. We described the machine: it's size, length, make and purpose.
This morning when the collectors came they asked for $350.
We called Got Junk about the matter and they denied they original quote, blaming their staff member who 'should never have quoted that's.
Such poor business practices add will be reported to relevant Ombudsmans' authorities.
The company is appointed named because it's rubbish.
Sue
SuePerth, WA3 posts

Definitely recommend

Great service. Michael and Luke took away a house load of stinky dusty old carpet on a very hot day in Perth and not one complaint. Very friendly and professional!
Kylie
Kylie

I needed to get rid of old furniture and heard on the radio of these people coming to pick up your junk. They were fast, efficient, helpful, punctual. Awesome service, thank you.
AlexanderG
AlexanderG2 posts

This service was AMAZING. They were quick, easy to book and came perfectly on time

They were quick, easy to book and came perfectly on time. Very well mannered too. 100% recommend to anybody for getting rid of old things. The company also breaks things down in a eco friendly manner
Terry C.
Terry C.South East Queensland, QLD

Removal service was excellent

Two men arrived at our place to remove junk from a house that we sold. They were polite, professional and provided excellent service. Nothing was to hard for them, 10/10 for those blokes
Kaz
KazSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Can't fault the service

It was very easy to book through the website. Good communication with regards to pick up time. Very pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended to anyone having a clean up.

Grumpy n broke
Grumpy n brokeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be prepared to lose a LOT of money

Over 2 hours late, they charge around $230 per cubic metre, it was explained to me that each council bin roughly is $230, I booked these guys specifically to take a couch away along with some other rubbish, nearly $900 out of pocket and STILL have the couch because removing that was an extra $300!!!!
Lalita L.
Lalita L.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome Service

This is the first time I have used this service and was very impressed with the professionalism and time taken to complete the task. Luke and Jordan were on time, polite, explained the process clearly and they loaded everything on efficiently and left the place tidy. Price was very reasonable. Thank you so much for your service and would definitely use them again.
Chris
Chris

1800-Got-Junk were great, as always. On time, loaded everything quickly, and were very personable. The estimate was also accurate, so the cost was clear up-front. They are my go-to whenever I need disposal services.
Colleen K.
Colleen K.Perth, WA2 posts

Great job

Michael and Jim did a great job,they were polite,efficient and a pleasure to work with.

They arrived on time and transparent about the cost.I would recommend them to others and would use them again myself.

Colleen,

Call centre said $150-$165
11:30-12:30
Got a call at 12:30 to say they would be here after 13:45
Cost would be $165-$200+
Man on the phone said he was a franchise and didn’t work for the call centre so was not bound by what they said.
Last time I used these people they were great - now they just can’t be bothered - too successful, I guess
Jess
JessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged me twice

Showed up, and said it was only going to cost 269$ so we paid that amount next morning wake up to another 269 gone called up to ask and then told me that there was no booking under my name and then hung up the phone.
Pathetic
Lyn
LynPerth, WA

Great service and attitude

We used Michael and Paris today for removal of some heavy wooden cupboards from our 2nd floor residential property. We received a confirmation call before arrival. They were both really pleasant and did an excellent job of removing items that were heavy without any scratches and damage to our home. Highly recommended!
Lisa45
Lisa45South East Queensland, QLD47 posts
Meg
Meg3 posts

Professional, friendly, efficient!

Called, received a quote over the phone for one large item removal; pickup was arranged for the same day. The team was running late; called to let me know, and offered either an evening pick up or early next day. We chose the evening; and two friendly, professional young men arrived to take away my item...great, careful work and friendly attitudes. I would use these people again, and will recommend them to others.
Paul K.
Paul K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent work Leroy!!!

Thanks for your help Leroy.
Saturday threw up some challenges, but you were back first thing Tuesday(Monday was a public holiday).
The house was left spotless.
Can’t thank you enough
Great stuff.
Will use you again if required!!!

Rita
RitaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Not happy

When 2 young blokes came to my house, told them what I wanted gone, they told me I had asbestos in some old flooring which I don't, the house was built 20 yrs ago. Asbestos wasn't around then, clearly they didn't want the job, the trailer might of been too much hard work. DONT ADVERTISE A JOB AND NOT DELIVER
David W
David WGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC13 posts

A simple two item removal requires an onsite inspection

Given the actual dimensions and description of what was to be removed ie: two sofas. They refused to quote, also a case of we can case the place and then move on if we don't like the job. Not very COVID safe approach at all. Wound up using 1300Rubbish a far superior service.
Orhan jasarov
Orhan jasarov

Rubbish the most expensive charge $890

Overcharge plus sent me a message saying if i don't pay today they will bring back rubbish and leave back on site very bad on calling on money
Just rings and rings demand money
Shanee
ShaneeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic service!

The team was fantastic: friendly, professional, efficient and helpful. I had not expected same day service, but was very grateful. They called before arrival, and were on time within the window I was given. I would highly recommend them and will definitely use them again. They were also very well priced. Great job guys
Happy
HappyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service, informative, friendly and timely!

Absolutely did a professional job! Did what was best to benefit customer. Very swift, precise, and honest. Recommend them for sure if you want the job done right. Thanks Pete!
KATE
KATEGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Finally got rid of all the heavy and awkward rubbish

Thanks to Rich and Rashid (Melbourne Bayside) who were punctual and friendly and explained the cost before starting. I'd say pricing is not super cheap, but its very convenient to have it all done the day after booking. They took annoying things that are not easy to get rid of yourself. So I'd say money well spent. I can now get in the shed again at last!
Fee
FeeSydney, NSW

Did not want to fix damage to wall properly

The company sent 2 guys to come take my fridge to the tip. On the way down the stairs, they put a hole in the wall when they lost control of the fridge. Initially the guys said that their insurance will pay for the repair. Later Keith wanted to only do a cheap band-aid job, and not a proper repair. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.
Gabby
GabbySouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

It was so effortless

Yes it costs more than filling a skip yourself but Joe and Phil were so helpful and professional that I will without doubt be booking them again. The process could not have been any easier or more stress free and now that unsightly pile of junk is gone. Thank you Joe and Phil.
Nick C
Nick C5 posts

Quote doesn't match actual price

I was charged for almost a full trucks load when only half the truck was filled. Two extra chairs would have cost me even higher. Ridiculous when 5 chairs were already in the truck. Be prepared to pay through the nose of you need to get rid of things outside of using council pick ups.
Mike
MikePerth, WA3 posts

Expensive-shop around

I was suspicious of this company not able to provide a quote when given the exact details of rubbish to be removed at the time of booking on the internet (i.e exact large items to be taken together with X m3 of general waste). Competitors gladly provided a quote for the job by email when given the same details.
When 1-800-got junk came around and quoted, they were over 2x the price than competitors. Guess who got the job (hint: not 1-800-got-junk)? I rang the competitor straight away and they came around within 2 hours to complete the job at the price they quoted by email. 1-800-got-junk relies on you making an instant decision to remove your rubbish at an exorbitant price. Shop around folks, there are companies with better pricing.

Melinda
MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Reno removal

Pete, Simon & Jarod were professional and got the job done in record time. They communicated throughout the huge cleanup process about the cost and asking if we were happy with the results. We would highly recommend 1800 got junk.
JanJ
JanJPerth, WA5 posts

Totally impressed with Ron and Lincoln

Easiest move ever thanks to these 2 wonderful people. Working on a 40 degree day, they emptied the house of unwanted furniture, fridge, washing machine, mattress's, and junk in a short space of time. Pricing was excellent considering the amount of stuff that was taken. Highly recommend the Company, removal was organised for 24hrs after I called them, and Ron and Lincoln get a 100% rating from me.
shezza
shezzaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Never lifting a finger again!!

First time using this service and it was amazing, NEVER lifting a finger again..

Gary and Braydon came with a good attitude with Great price..couldn't ask for anything more perfect service! 10/10 from me.

Sandra
SandraParramatta8 posts

Fantastic service

Just had Waylan and James pick up a lifetime of rubbish.They were on time and very professional.Nothing was too much trouble.They even cleaned up.
Pricing was very reasonable. I didn't need to do anything. They took care of it all.
Thanks guys,highly recommended.