1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance

1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance (page 2 of 3)

Marla

MarlaAdelaide

Perfect for frequent traveler like me, recommended for family and friends.

I purchase this for domestic travel, I went to Sydney for Christmas Holiday and my luggage got damage due to stairs accident, and I made a claim for luggage repair and its easy and fast, Their price are affordable too.

1Cover T.1Cover

Shirley Grant

Shirley GrantBass, Victoria

Easy online set up

Policy was easy to set up, but medical cover inclusion on domestic cruise was unclear in the PDS. I ended up phoning 1Cover twice to clarify the extent of cover. I was assured That purchasing the Cruise Pack covered me but I could not find any reference to that in the PDS. I was told page and paragraph where confirmation could be found but I still found the wording somewhat vague and not reassuring. This made me a little nervous throughout my trip. A clearer separate paragraph for Domestic Cruises would be a helpful addition.

1Cover T.1Cover

Milio Baltas

Milio BaltasVIC, 3178

Easy Cover and Easy Policy

Good Value and Coverage for the Price you pay.
Just for piece of mind when travelling and highly recommended to take out.
Policy looks simple and easy to understand.
thanks.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Have been booking 1Cover insurance for past 7 years, had no problems, always good & professional. Ke

Policy was good value, received excellent service & excellent customer support. My claim was approved & processed in a timely manner, very happy with outcome.
Thanks 1Cover, keep up the great work

Quick Trip

Easy to use and at the right price. Quick trip interstate. Mainly wanted the extra cover for motor vehicle rental which works out about a quarter of what they charge with all the extras. Perfect for what I needed.

Look at the fine print

This policy did not live up to expectations. My flights to Cairns were cancelled by Tiger at the night before travel for 'operational reasons'. We already had hotels booked for the family. I had a nasty shock when I read the fine print which excluded cancellation of flights by airline. This meant I was out of pocket by $1300 for the alternative flights I was forced to buy to save our trip.

Read the small print

My plane was delayed due to air traffic control hold up, this cancelled my hire car pick up, this insurance would not cover the extra costs incurred due to the delay because it was not part of what they cover.
Not happy Jan.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Great to have for peace of mind

Easy to set up and navigate website. Did refer a friend who took out cover but did not receive the gift card. Would take out cover again. Would like gift card though

Shane Clarke

Shane ClarkePerth

Peace of Mind

We needed insurance to cover the excess on our car rental and 1Cover was the best valued cover with the best reviews. 1Covers communication was excellent and online application simple, giving me the peace of mind needed. Even though we didn't need to use the cover having it certainly gave me peace of mind.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Very happy with my choice

Very easy and satisfied with the registration. It took me 5mins to register for peace of mind. Also very reasonably priced. Was very happy my friend recommended 1Cover Travel insurance

1Cover is Travel Insurance that you can trust

We can honestly acclaim that 1Cover truly has you covered when travelling on holiday, we have been using this company for years now & know from personal experience that should the unexpected occur, that not only do 1Cover come through for you, they also do so with both speed & efficiency.

Luckily we have only had to make one claim over the years, when my wife became extremely ill with pneumonia on a cruise we took earlier this year. But the claim was processed without any problems.

The support service staff was both professional & friendly and we would recommend them to anyone (which we frequently do - to family, friends & colleagues

Hopeless

Paid for 'Comprehensive Domestic' for a cruise within Australia.

Apparently this provides zero cover for medical expenses, "I should have chosen the 'Non-Domestic' option", not sure why I would chose that option, when the travel was domestic.

Useless policy.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Great value for selected coverage

Have used 1Cover numerous times and they continue to be very competitive. Purchased online; no need to use their customer support for this as the coverage levels were easy to compare. First time ever I had to register a claim on insurance and the customer support was a pleasure to deal with and claim register process excellent.

Barbara K.1Cover

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Easy to setup - peace of mind

I needed a cover for domestic travel mainly to reduce car excess. I noticed this company was reviewed well and was good value.
I made an enquiry before buying insurance. The person who answered my call was friendly. She offered advice on type of cover that suit me and how to extend the time if I needed.
I setup the insurance online and it was easy.
I did not make any claim so all went well.

Having returned home late

Gary

GaryAdelaide

Easy to setup

Good value when compared to others.
Easy to setup, buy early when you book your travel in case you have to cancel.
Confirmation and Information and emergency call numbers promptly supplied.
The car hire excess cover basically pays for the cost of the insurance.

Andrew C.1Cover

Hi Gary, thanks so much for your feedback on our service, we really appreciate it. Glad you like the value provided by our rental vehicle excess cover. Kind regards, Dorian at 1Cover.

Nimal S

Nimal SSydney

Great way to save on rental excess insurance

I took out a domestic travel insurance after refusing the exuberant excess reduction from the car rental company. So easy to set up, completed registration while still at reception. Hit a kangaroo on the first day, and got an invoice for $1800. Sent a claims request when I got an invoice from the rental company. Swift claims process overall took about a week. I got paid in full for damages. No questions asked.

Andrew C.1Cover

A Simple Way To Arrange Travel Insurance.

Fortunately, I have not had any experience with a claim, so cannot comment thereon. I have utilised 1 cover on several occasions and found it easy to arrange cover despite my age which for some reason increases every year.

Andrew C.1Cover

Hi Brian, you are not alone in this, frustrating to say the least. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a positive review, and wishing you happy and safe travels, Dorian at 1Cover.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Don't use, attempting not to pay legit claim

I purchased A1 cover for domestic travel insurance within Australia. The specific aim was cover my rental vehicle excess. Unfortunately I reversed into another car and damaged their door.
I made a claim and was told they don't pay any third party costs i.e. The other car damage! This despite their Product Disclosure Statement stating they will cover the costs of the repair for property damage which you are liable. The other person's car is their property.
I honestly feel that I've been defrauded. What kind of insurance doesn't cover the other car in an incident?!
I can see that I am going to have to take this to the ombudsman.
My advice, purchase your insurance elsewhere.
Stuart

Andrew C.1Cover

HI Stu, I am sorry that you are not happy with the outcome of your claim. If you could please email your policy and claim number to communicaitons@1cover.com.au then I can escalate this claim for you. Kind regards, Dorian.

Excellent all round.