Verified1cover.com.au

83% · 8314 · 14%

DuncanG
DuncanGMid West, WA
  Verified Domestic

Excellent and easy to deal with got cover over the internet. Got regular updates and emails to check if it was what we needed and if we needed to expend our cover Show details ·  1
Rebecca P
Rebecca PSydney, NSW
  Verified Domestic

Wouldn’t leave home without it!

We use 1 Cover on all our travels and highly recommend them. We were very pleased when we claimed for a missed port on one of our cruises and the claim was dealt with in a short time. We will continue to use 1 Cover on all our travels as our daughter now lives in Texas. Thank You for your continuous service to us. Show details ·  1
Allen W
Allen WSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Got us covered

We never thought about taking insurance for domestic holidays until one time we had to make changes to our plans and found out the hard way what that can cost financially and emotionally. Since then we have taken insurance with 1 Cover.
We have found the process, options and cost of the insurance easy and affordable giving us confidence that we will be covered .
While we didn’t have to make a claim on our recent 4 week holiday interstate it was peace of mind to know we had backup should something go wrong. Show details ·  1
Sil
SilPerth, WA
  Verified Domestic

If a company goes into receivership you are not covered

Was unable to claim as if a company goes into receivership you are not covered.
Have used 1Cover many times as thought they were top of the pops, might as well use Woolies next time for a cheaper price Show details
RodneyH
RodneyHLaunceston, TAS

First Timer

Very easy to set up online, did not need to make a claim,this is my first time with you,will go again on our next trip with 1 Cover Insurance Thank You Show details ·  1
MichaelA
MichaelASydney, NSW
  Verified Domestic

Didn't need to use it but I'm glad I took out this very competitive 1Cover policy. Very comprehensive and covers all the things you need for domestic travel. I also use 1Cover for my international trips. Show details ·  1
DaizyGirl74
DaizyGirl74Richardson 2905, ACT3 posts

Easy to purchase

I have used this insurance company several times and the policy and pds is easy to navigate...HOWEVER, I have never made a claim so don't actually know what the company is like to deal with. 3 stars is because I've never claimed... Show details
PAC
PACNorth Queensland, QLD6 posts
  Verified Domestic

Peace of mind without price shock

Now whilst I never had to make a claim this policy gave me peace of mind with ease and a price that was happy with. As I had to extend my trip updating the policy was a breeze. Show details ·  1
Michael
MichaelSydney, NSW
  Verified Domestic

Easy to arrange with very good service

Policy was good value and easy to set up. We have used this company on a number of occasions in the past. As far as I can recall we have always received good assistance regarding the policy. Show details ·  1
INQ001
INQ001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA28 posts

Easy to deal with

Reasonable value and easy to setup. Only downside is they do not have the option to pay by AMEX which is my main card. I would still recommend this insurance company to others as they are easy to deal with Show details ·  1
Di W.
Di W.Sydney, NSW
  Verified Domestic

"Peace of mind"... BUT: Hire car excess is ONLY covered when you ACTUALLY have the Car hire Insurance!

"If you can afford to travel, you can afford insurance!"
I did learn the hard way though, (See "Lou" review 12th Oct 2019 who's got it wrong!) that the hire car excess IS ONLY COVERED by 1Cover WHEN you actually take out the hire car company's insurance. (read the 1Cover "fine" print!) My example, hired a car in Brisbane (w/o extra rental car company insurance at the time of hire)... the car suffered hail damage and I was up for the repair cost. !!! 1Cover "cover" covers an "excess" from the rental car company but if you don't have rental company insurance in the first place, there IS NO EXCESS, it's just a full liability on your part!!! Beware!!! 1Cover would do well to "highlight" this "gotcha". Show details ·  1
KellyF
KellyFSydney, NSW

not happy

We took out insurance, my husband wasn't able to go on our family holiday due to the bushfires, he didn't feel safe leaving our property. We took out the insurance four days before he was supposed to fly out, but because the day we took out the insurance it was deemed catastrophic we were told we weren't entitled to anything. Show details
WayneH
WayneHSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Verified Domestic

So easy and straight forward

I used 1cover for domestic travel.
It was good value and easy to set up.
I didn't need to use it but was glad I had it for peace of mind.

Will use again when I travel next. Show details ·  1

Lou
Lou

Very easy to use online

The cover is always really good value, Ive never actually had to claim on my travel insurance but I do feel more relaxed having it. Particularly good for insuring against a hire car excess, better value than the car hirers insurance. Medical questions were clear and understandable, although a couple of things werent covered it was easy to do. This is the third time I have used 1 cover and its so easy to do online. Show details ·  1
Andrew
Andrew3 posts
  Domestic

Appalling company

1Cover misrepresents the unlimited cover for cancellations in unforeseen circumstances in their advertising. An airline cancelling a flight for mechanical reasons is NOT covered by 1Cover. That is Bait Advertising. Show details
Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW6 posts

Straightforward great coverage

I used 1cover for domestic insurance, as it covers my whole holiday and rental car excess. It is cost effective and provides great coverage on all the things you might not even consider when travelling within Australia.
I have used 1cover for both domestic and international and cannot fault them (although I haven’t made a claim).
1cover also keep in contact with you the whole time, which I love. Especially if your extending your stay.

I will keep going back to use 1cover, thanks :) Show details ·  1

Travel Insurance

Find out how 1Cover Domestic Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Ben H.
Ben H.
  Verified Domestic

Good peace of mind for car hire and mobile phone insurance while travelling

I think cover is always really good value, I’ve never actually had to claim on my travel insurance but I do feel more relaxed having it. Actually makes my holiday experience far more relaxing as at worst I’m going to pay $200 for the excess if things go really wrong. Ie accidentally crash car or loose mobile device. Show details ·  1
Shaz
ShazSydney, NSW

Peace of Mind Cover

My mother and I recently travelled to Tasmania on a Cruise, it was great to know we had cover if air lifted from our Ship unexpectedly. I didnt relise that although I was only traveling to Tasmania Australia that my health insurance wouldn't cover this. Thank you 1 Cover Show details
Kevin Horne
Kevin Horne
  Verified Domestic

Perfect car hire excess solution!

Great cover for a fraction of the cost of car hire companies excess reduction! And I was covered for normal travel insurance on top!! It's a no brainer. Super easy quote and online purchase. Highly recommended.

Craig Merwood
Craig MerwoodBrisbane

The Only Travel Insurance I Will Buy

I keep buying this travel insurance because I know if I need to make a claim I have no doubt that I will be paid out. THAT IS PIECE OF MIND. That is why I have used this company more than 10 times. I have made 2 claims and been paid out fast on both of them. Love this product.

Gary S
Gary SPerth
  Verified Domestic

Terrible service! Trying to make excuses to delay the payout

I am claiming for some lost items but they are making excuses and not willing to contact the Australian Federal Police to obtain the report relating to my claim.

I tried to obtain the report myself but Police say the insurance company has to do it on my behalf.

I asked to speak to a manger at 1 cover but non was in the office and no call back ever took place.

Got a settlement letter after a month of waiting promising payment in week, but it was 2 weeks ago.

Never use this insurer again!

1Cover   DM

Hi Gary, I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service, this is the opposite of what we strive for, I will contact you via private message for further details so that I can look into this for you. Sophie@1Cover

Jan Wiersma
Jan WiersmaMelbourne6 posts

Peace of Mind

We've used 1Cover travel insurance many times each year for several years.

1Cover's policy purchase process is simple and quick. The policy represents excellent value for money, and provides essential peace of mind.

Pepita Ison
Pepita Ison

First time use of 1Cover

This cover was super easy to sign up for, and offered competitive cover and pricing. I did it on my phone in the airport car park!

Joseph S
Joseph SElizabeth South5 posts
  Verified Domestic

Really easy to order and great value!

Great prices, great coverage, and great user interface. Was easily able to register an existing illness and was offered an amended product at a great price on the spot. Great service.

Melinda C
Melinda CAU

love this cover

I've not needed to make any claim thankfully seems to be a reasonable process. I have switched over to 1cover and will be purchasing the annual travel insurance policy later this year (covers 12 months travel).

Jo H
Jo H
  Verified Domestic

love this company , always buy travel insurance from you

Great value and good claim process - very easy company to deal with. Policy is very good value and I would recommend them to anyone needing travel insurance . Keep up the good work

ZHIHAO
ZHIHAO
  Verified Domestic

Easy, fast, unbelievable, super amazing experience

it is the first time to claim. I just followed the steps and uploaded required documents and claim was successful in less than 1 week. It is definitely wonderful !

Vanesa Nessel
Vanesa NesselGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

happy

very very happy. didn't have to claim which is great for us. But felt good that if we needed to we could. Very glad they covered me and my children. Having two kids with chronic illness it was hard to get even though they are mostly well. Cover one cost a bit to get the cover but gave me peace of mind.

Alan Thompson
Alan Thompson
  Verified Domestic

Don't leave home without it!

I have been using 1Cover for years and recommend to my children when they also travel. I have made claims in the past (easy and quick payout), thankfully didn't have to make a claim this time!

Weisy
Weisy
  Verified Domestic

Great experience with this company

Very satisfied, very quick and easy to deal with when having to make a claim . Will definitely use again and will recommend to family and friends for their travel insurance

Larry Walker
Larry Walker

Good cover for me

Policy was easy to setup and cost effective compared to most policies. If the domestic travel insurance had an option for a daily rate eg. 1 or 2 days then I would use more often.

Tony
TonyPerth, WA2 posts
Sammy
Sammy

Quick and Easy

Straight forward and easy. I would recommend them for your travel insurance even though, the policy was one of the more expensive compared to other providers. It covered everything I needed covered.

Marla
MarlaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA16 posts
  Verified Domestic

Perfect for frequent traveler like me, recommended for family and friends

I purchase this for domestic travel, I went to Sydney for Christmas Holiday and my luggage got damage due to stairs accident, and I made a claim for luggage repair and its easy and fast, Their price are affordable too.

Shirley Grant
Shirley GrantBass, Victoria2 posts

Easy online set up

Policy was easy to set up, but medical cover inclusion on domestic cruise was unclear in the PDS. I ended up phoning 1Cover twice to clarify the extent of cover. I was assured That purchasing the Cruise Pack covered me but I could not find any reference to that in the PDS. I was told page and paragraph where confirmation could be found but I still found the wording somewhat vague and not reassuring. This made me a little nervous throughout my trip. A clearer separate paragraph for Domestic Cruises would be a helpful addition.

Milio Baltas
Milio BaltasVIC, 31782 posts

Easy Cover and Easy Policy

Good Value and Coverage for the Price you pay.

Just for piece of mind when travelling and highly recommended to take out.

Policy looks simple and easy to understand.

thanks.

Angela Maliokas
Angela Maliokas
  Verified Domestic

Have been booking 1Cover insurance for past 7 years, had no problems, always good & professional. Ke

Policy was good value, received excellent service & excellent customer support. My claim was approved & processed in a timely manner, very happy with outcome.

Thanks 1Cover, keep up the great work

Stephen Davis
Stephen Davis

Quick Trip

Easy to use and at the right price. Quick trip interstate. Mainly wanted the extra cover for motor vehicle rental which works out about a quarter of what they charge with all the extras. Perfect for what I needed.

Gareth Lloyd
Gareth Lloyd

Look at the fine print

This policy did not live up to expectations. My flights to Cairns were cancelled by Tiger at the night before travel for 'operational reasons'. We already had hotels booked for the family. I had a nasty shock when I read the fine print which excluded cancellation of flights by airline. This meant I was out of pocket by $1300 for the alternative flights I was forced to buy to save our trip.

Peter Cittadini
Peter Cittadini

Read the small print

My plane was delayed due to air traffic control hold up, this cancelled my hire car pick up, this insurance would not cover the extra costs incurred due to the delay because it was not part of what they cover.

Not happy Jan.