1Cover Travel Insurance

1Cover Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Verified1cover.com.au
Roberto Sajonia
Roberto Sajonia · Travel Insurance

We purchased a travel insurance with 1Cover on our supposedly pilgrimage to Holy Land, Israel from 17/11/23 to 6/12/23. And because of the on going conflict in that region our travel has been cancelled. How we go about with our refund as this travel has not started yet? Policy#1C-AU-CPN3255083

1Cover   DM

Hi Roberto, Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay in response. The best way to communicate with 1Cover is directly through our online chat, email or our website. We have many communication channels, so a third-party website is not a priority for us.

Our policy (like all travel insurers) has a general exclusion when it comes to claims arising directly our indirectly due to Acts of War.

You can learn more here: https://www.1cover.com.au/travel-advice-news/
Please refer to the post of 13 October 2023.

We'd be happy to change the dates and destination of your policy should you wish to travel somewhere else.

I hope this answers your query.

Best regards
Eva | Customer Relations

Bethany Pedersen
Bethany Pedersen · Already Overseas Travel Insurance

I would like cover as I am currently overseas and my policy with Tick insurance expires on 13th September. I would like cover until December now as I am extending my stay.

1Cover   DM

Hi Bethany, thanks for your enquiry. You may be eligible for a 1Cover Already Overseas policy provided that: - You purchase your policy within 5 days from either the date you departed Australia; or the expiry of any other travel insurance policy; and

- Your period of overseas travel does not exceed 15 consecutive months in total from the date you originally departed Australia;

- You also need to intend to return to Australia on the end date of your policy.

Please be sure to read the full eligibility criteria at the time of purchase. I hope this helps.

Eva

Barbara E.
Barbara E. · Domestic Travel Insurance

Boat trip Vanuatu need quote

1Cover   DM

Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately, we’re unable to issue quotes via Review Websites. The best way to get a quote is online via our website https://www.1Cover.com.au. It only takes 2 minutes. That way you’ll be able to answer any of the relevant medical screening questions and review the declarations.

Otherwise you can email our customer service team at info@1cover.com.au and someone will get back to you within 48 hours.

You will need to provide the ages of travellers, the dates of travel, where you are travelling to, and whether there are any pre-existing medical conditions to declare.

Victoria M. · Travel Insurance

Why don't you have a phone number. Dealing with your company has caused anxiety. All I ask for is to get a refund for an invalid policy [Content Removed]. How simple is that? Now I will have to put in a dispute with my bank to recover my money. You promise to call back it is now 5 days??? I need travel insurance willing to go with your company but now have to go elsewhere as I am not covered for travel insurance. [Name Removed] [Number Removed]

1Cover   DM

Hi Victoria, Thanks for your question. As per our phone conversation just now, your policy has been refunded for you. I would suggest that you remove this query as you have published your personal details online rather than private message.

Natalie | Customer Relations

Tim
Tim · Essentials Travel Insurance

We are 72 and 69 years old and are traveling between April and June this year, to the USA. We would like to get a quote for your Essentials package, which is not offered in your online quote service. Please advise total amount for the two of us in Aus currency.

Ann
Ann

Good luck getting a reply. I cover does not even have a contact phone number here. I have gone with Southern Cross in NZ. Not sure the equivalent is over there.

1Cover   DM

Hi Tim, thanks for your enquiry. 1Cover no longer offers its Essentials policy and hasn’t done for 3 years. Unfortunately, we’re unable to issue quotes via Social Media channels.

The best way to get a quote is online via our website https://www.1Cover.com.au. It only takes a few minutes. That way you’ll be able to answer any of the relevant medical screening questions and review the declarations.

Otherwise you can email our customer service team at info@1cover.com.au and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, due to the recent Auckland airport closure, the team are under immense pressure and working around the clock to get back to customers as quickly as possible. Response times to emails are within 4 business days.

If for some reason you cannot get a quote online, please include your contact number in your email and someone from customer service will call you as soon as practicable.

Eva | Customer Rarions

maria
maria · Travel Insurance

could you send me some more information about our polici where we are covert for. 1c-au-dmn2851027thank you

Linda
Linda

I had covid and it attacked my liver and now have an enlarged liver causing all sorts of problems.

1Cover   DM

Hi Linda, Apologies in the delay in replying to your query. Product Review is a third-party website so we often don't see these questions as they come through.

The best way to reach us is directly through our website at https://www.1cover.com.au/contact/

maria
maria · Travel Insurance

1Cover   DM

Hi Maria. The policy number you have provided is a domestic policy number so you are covered for travel within Australia. If you have questions in relation to what the policy covers, I suggest that you contact our customer service team directly, rather than through a third-party website.

Customer service can be contacted here:https://www.1cover.com.au/contact/

Sick of Bad Service · Travel Insurance

We have used your travel insurance for many years. We took out a year long insurance policy (including cruise cover) for 2020. We were not able to travel at all and now that we are finally planning to travel again, I have discovered you were giving credits for that period. I was not aware of this, is it too late to get the credit?

1Cover   DM

Sure, if you provide the last six digits of your policy number, email customer service or private message your policy number I can look into this for you. Warm regards,
Eva | Customer Relations

Sick of Bad Service

Thanks. I've sent you a private message.

Sick of Bad Service

I sent you a private message with the info you requested a week ago and haven't received a response.

rajesh m.
rajesh m. · Comprehensive Travel Insurance

A number of recent reviews (since April 2022) say that 1Cover has no phone number for filing and discussing claims, and that all communications have to be done by email only. Also, that 1Cover takes a long time to respond to such emails. Is this still true? If yes, that is really poor customer service, and reflective of many companies who cut costs by refusing to talk to their customers.

Kim
Kim

Hi Rajesh, yes this is true. In fact, you can't even email them which would at least give you a copy of the correspondence. They make you fill in web forms that provide no copy for yourself. There is no phone number or helpline so no way of discussing anything with them. They took over 10 days to reply to my queries and then when they answer and request more proof of something then they take another 2 weeks to reply. This happened several times and is immensely frustrating when you could do this over the phone in one phone call. It's really poor service and I'm not going to use them again. I think they make their website and pricing look good but once you have a problem it's horrible.

Victoria M.

Totally agree. Still waiting for a phone call about mistake in policy and need refund. Useless. Now have to make dispute with my bank to get my money back for an invalid policy. Shameful customer service

1Cover   DM

Hi Victoria, I understand that your query was resolved a few weeks ago. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Warm regards,
Eva

Wayne A.
Wayne A. · Travel Insurance

wahtb are you not covered for due to cancellation

Michelle portlock
Michelle portlock

I cancelled another policy with Tick and took 1cover in its place whilst he was travelling….. now 1cover say his policy is invalid as he was travelling at the time he took a new policy out…..

1Cover   DM

@Wayne A, you can find details on what is and isn't covered under our cancellation benefit here: https://www.1cover.com.au/cover/cancellation/ or within the Cancellation Section of our Product Disclosure Statement https://www.1cover.com.au/policydetails/ We prefer to keep information within our own website, as terms can change. We don't want people to be misled by out of date or misinformation all over the internet.

One of the things not covered, which seems to be catching people out in the current post-pandemic travel chaos is flight cancellations when the cause is within the airline's control.
"https://www.1cover.com.au/cover/flight-cancellation/

Mike Jolly
Mike Jolly · Travel Insurance

You do not get medical cover on a cruise?

1Cover   DM

Hi Mike, You need to purchase the Cruise Pack when purchasing online to be covered medically on a cruise internationally or domestically. This page answers a bunch of questions too https://www.1cover.com.au/cruise-travel-insurance/ Does that help? Natalie, Social Media Team

Bill Fudali
Bill Fudali · Travel Insurance

how do I delete a review

1Cover   DM

Hi Bill, unfortunately I don’t know how to delete reviews as the instructions provided to me by Product Review didn’t work which is highly annoying. Warm regards, Eva

Louise · Travel Insurance

My daughter is in Amsterdam at present and travelling to NEW YORK to meet me there. She needs Travel Insurance from Amsterdam and back to Amsterdam. She resides in Australia. Can we get insurance through you ? if so can I do it from Australia for her ?

There was an answer there . Now disappeared

Thanks for that . I’ll check NRMA

1Cover   DM

Hi Louise, our policies are only valid for journeys that start and end in Australia. If your daughter is already in Amsterdam she wouldn’t be eligible to buy a policy. I hope this answers your query. Good luck in your search.

David M.
David M. · Comprehensive Travel Insurance

is the covid19 refund included comprehensive insurance?

1Cover   DM

Hi David, Thanks for your question. I am not sure what you mean by covid refund. When COVID-19 hit early 2020, we offered customers credits on their unused policies to use towards insurance for future trips. We have since amended the terms of our policies to allow for partial refunds outside of the cooling-off period. For policies purchased after 19 November 2021, we will issue refunds outside of the cooling-off period deducting the period we were on risk for and a $25 admin fee.

If you are asking whether we pay for cancellations arising due to COVID-19, then the answer is no. We cover overseas hospital and medical expenses arising due to covid.

You can learn more here: https://www.1cover.com.au/coronavirus-info-hub/

Maria F.
Maria F. · Travel Insurance

How can I upload ID documents. I have tried and the video is not the same as what comes up when I click

1Cover   DM

Hi Maria, Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the online identification check. Your best bet is to email our claims team at claims@1cover.com.au and one of our friendly consultants will be able to assist you with the process. Warm regards, Eva | Social Media Team

Online
Online · Travel Insurance

Hi, Does 1Cover cancellation of trip before you depart if you’re unable to fly due to covid or Flu?

1Cover   DM

Hi Online, I trust that by now you've contacted our customer service team and had your query answered, But for the record, our policies do cover you for cancellation if you become suddenly ill or you are injured before your trip, including influenza. However, there is a general exclusion for epidemics and pandemics so there would be no cover if you had to cancel due to COVID-19. Importantly, if you caught COVID-19 overseas we would cover your medical and hospital expenses.

John
John · Travel Insurance

Does the policy cover unlimited expenses due to Covid

Judith
Judith

John I have no idea as I did not have to make a claim when I travelled to Uluru last year. Between border closures. The fact that they were recommended by our tour operator was enough for me. Rates reasonable and a delight to deal with them.Judy

1Cover   DM

Hi John, Yes, 1Cover policies include unlimited overseas medical cover, including for COVID-19 related medical expenses.

Our travel insurance provides cover for your medical costs if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 by a qualified medical practitioner. This cover includes costs resulting from any overseas hospital medical treatment, ambulance transportation or repatriation back to Australia.

This meets the requirements for governments that require Covid cover for entry to the country or when issuing visas.

You will receive an additional page attached to your certificate of insurance outlining the COVID cover.

The policy has a general exclusion relating to epidemics and pandemics so there is not cover anything else related to COVID-19.

Marlene P.
Marlene P. · Travel Insurance

Is there a policy that covers ONLY delayed/cancelled flights?

1Cover   DM

Hi Marlene, thanks for your query. All 1Cover policies include cancellation benefit but we do not have a cancellation only policy. Warm regards, Eva | Social Media Team

Claudia
Claudia

Do you actually cover costs related to delayed/cancelled flights, e.g. due to personnel shortage, mechanical faults, or other issues?

1Cover   DM

Thanks for your query Claudia. 1Cover policies provide cover for delays and flight cancellations due to unexpected events outside of the airlines control such as bad weather, strikes, riots and natural disasters. Events within the airlines’ control are not covered. You can find more details here: https://www.1cover.com.au/cover/flight-cancellation/

Kathy M. · Travel Insurance

Hi, I have read some reviews on your forum and do not want to put a bad review in, as I have used you for a number of times and not had an issue. I sent in an enquiry a few weeks ago as the phone numbers no longer connect when I call them, and I have not had any reply. We were given a credit to use within a period of time as we could not go overseas last year for obvious reasons but the expiry dates will be soon due and would request an extension till next year when hopefully we can travel next year and could use it then.
I don't know how to reach out to you other than this message.
Sincerely kathy

1Cover   DM

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your query.

Absolutely, we would extend the expiry on your credit voucher.

During these challenging times, we intend on offering true value to our customers and continue to monitor the travel situation. To help you deal with the uncertainty about your future travel plans, we can give you more time to use your voucher should the need arise.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t heard back from customer service. This is unusual as our current response time for emails is within 48 hours. Perhaps our reply has landed in your spam or junk mail folder. If you provide me with the last six digits or your policy number I can have someone reach out to you if you like.

Alternatively, if you private message your contact number or the email address that you emailed from, we can investigate why you haven’t heard back from customer service.

Kathy M.

Hi Natalie, thank you for your prompt reply, I kept looking in my junk mail and searched but never showed up. Where can I send my details to as you said in your reply.

1Cover   DM

Unfortunately, I don’t think that you can private message us via Product Review, but you could provide the last six digits of your policy and we can look up your details that way. Alternatively, you can private message us via Facebook, or try emailing info@1cover.com.au

Best regards
Natalie

Hi Natalie
I emailed to the email you provided 4 days ago with my request as you suggested and again I have not heard back.
Kind regards
Kathy

1Cover   DM

Hi Kathy, if you provide me with the last six digits of your policy number or the email address you sent from I can have someone from customer service reach out to you. Warm regards Natalie

kathym791@hotmail.com

1Cover   DM

Thanks Kathy. Someone from customer service is going to try phoning you again today. Best regards, Natalie

Kathy M.

Thanks Natalie, think I missed the call and the msg says they have extended the credit but I have not seen any email and checked my junk each day. Hopefully I'll get to speak with them.
Kind regards kathy

1Cover   DM

No worries, they will try to reach you again. We received your email sent on 02/08 and responded on 04/08. Unfortunately, hotmail does have very high spam filters and can sometimes block emails from being received. There is not much we can do in this regard, but we will investigate this further on our end.

Kathy M.

Hi, if you could maybe forward the email with the details of the credit extension to my husbands email. He's also on the original policy,
tom.mailey@westnet.com.au

Kathy M.

Hi Natalie, if you are still connected with 1COVER I have tried several times and ways to contact them recently, as I would like to use our credit to cover travel insurance. Regards kathy

1Cover   DM

Hi Kathy, It’s easy to use your 1Cover credit online. You can follow the process outlined here: https://www.1cover.com.au/faqs/general/credit-voucher/

Alternatively, if you experience any difficulties or wish to speak with someone, just email the customer service team directly at info@1cover.com.au and someone will get back to you within 24 to 48 hour business hours. Will be more like 72 hours over a weekend period.

Natalie

Graeme Porter
Graeme Porter · Travel Insurance

Hi l booked travel insurance for an Australian holiday in June /July in 2020 which did not happen.
We have rebooked our holiday for 2 weeks in August this year. Can our insurance payment be carried over to cover this holiday. Last digits of the policy are 2433096.
Regards Graeme Porter

1Cover   DM

Hi Graeme, Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. During these challenging times and the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and travel bans, we are offering flexible options for our customers. You can change the dates or amend your policy start date to be up to 12 months (365 days) in advance of your policy issue date.

If you're unable to travel within this timeframe, or you are unsure when you may travel again, you may be eligible for a travel insurance credit so that you can buy a policy when the time is right for travel and you've confirmed your new details.

You can request a credit by logging in to the Policy Manager here:

I hope this addresses your query. If not, the best way to contact us is directly here: https://www.1cover.com.au/contact/form/ rather than via a third party website.

Michelle L
Michelle L

Hi i took out a policy on 28th October, 2019 for yearly travel insurance. Were you offering an extension or partial refund on the policy ? I tried contacting you numerous times but you were too busy. Many thanks Michelle

1Cover   DM

Hi Michelle, thanks for your query. We understand that COVID-19 and the resultant travel restrictions has caused significant disruptions for thousands of our customers’ travel plans. During these challenging times we are offering flexible options by way of credit vouchers and in certain circumstances partial refunds. As customers circumstances are far ranging, we have been assessing each written request individually.

If you were unable to travel on your policy, you may be entitled to a travel insurance credit-voucher to use for future travel. You can request a credit by logging in to the Policy Manager here:

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives

Select a listing for your question
1Cover Travel Insurance