1Cover Travel Insurance

1Cover Travel Insurance Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified1cover.com.au
Stephen C · Travel Insurance

My wife and I took out travel insurance for a trip too Hawaii iNovember 2019 the policy no is IC-UA-CPN2478636. You offered us a credit but have not heard a word from 1cover since you said we were Nbn entitled to a refund this is about the 17 time we have purchased international travel insurance from you and you can’t even keep us updated to what is happening with our $599 we paid you in November 2019. I am now nearly 73 years old and have not been well for some months now and cannot see myself travelling in the near future so I will ask you once again if we could please get a refund (or partial)of our $599. Or a reason why we can’t have a refund
Sincerely yours
Steve and Irene Cahalin

1Cover   DM

Hi Stephen, sorry to hear this. I will escalate your case with the team and somebody will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Stephen C

Thank you for replying to us we have been loyal customers for many years we will looking forward to discussing our unfortunate situation
Steve and Irene

Judy
Judy · Travel Insurance

how do I use a credit note to pay for insurance on a new policy

Robyn
Robyn

I'd just contact the company when you are ready to get more insurance.

1Cover   DM

Hi Judy, you can send an email to info@1cover.com.au with the details of your new trip. Regards, Doug.

Judy
Judy · Travel Insurance

I was booked to leave on the Ghan on the 8th August 2020 but the trip was cancelled due to Covid 19. It is now booked for 4th September 2021. I had travel insurance with you Policy No 1C-AU-DMN2468241. I was wondering how I can transfer that cover to our 2021 trip.

1Cover   DM

Hi Judy, sorry for the late reply. We can issue you a with a new policy. Please email the details of your new trip to info@1cover.com.au . We will send you a quote. If you're happy with it, we can process the policy with your credit. Currently, our response time is between 2 and 4 days. Regards, Doug.

Monica Aquilina · Travel Insurance

Hi My name is Domenica Aquilina, Policy Number is 1C AU CPN 2573898. I have sent you a couple of emails and did not get any response from you, it is in regards to an insurance police that I took with you back in February 14th 2020, for a trip to Malta, however my flight was cancelled and full refund was given to me by the airlines (Qatar) Airlines, which I do admire as they offered a full refund with out any hesitation I did not even have to apply for it but unfortunately nothing from the Insurance .Please can you give me some indication as to what is happening in regards to a refund as nowI have got an insurance for a trip that does not exist.

1Cover   DM

Hi Monica, you may be eligible for a credit on your policy. You can check by logging to Policy Manager. If you have any questions about this, please email the team at info@1cover.com.au and they will definitely respond. Regards, Doug. https://www.1cover.com.au/login/?redirect=%2Fpolicy-manager%2F

Monica Aquilina

Hi I have checked the policy manager, and what they are offering is a credit for 18 months, I do not want a credit as I will not be doing any traveling in the near future, they say refund cannot be given as it had passed the 14 days cooling off period yes maybe so but it was not me that cancelled it was the airlines and as i had stated airlines gave me full refund for the trip so there is no trip to be covered, so at the moment they are holding on to money for a trip that does not exist, I can't see how this is legal.

Monica Aquilina

Two weeks ago I wrote to yo in regards to a cancelled trip an answer to the above question would be appreciated as I understand that what you are doing is not legal, as you are holding money for something that does not exist.

Wendy I.
Wendy I. · Comprehensive Travel Insurance

We wish to cancel our policy no1C-AU-DMN 2495934 as my husband is to Ill to travel now due to his Parkinson disease and Dementia. It is a princess cruise in November to Brisbane and at the moment I do not think this will be happening anyway. Please contact me me on colwens1@esc.net.au. I am sorry to have to cancel.

1Cover   DM

Hi Wendy, I have passed this on to the team and someone will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Leni
Leni · Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Hello, we have taken up a travel insurance on 3/12/19 to travel to Europe and we were due to travel on 17/6/20. Due to Coronavirus Pandemic we will be unable to travel. We send you an enquiry about a refund 8 days ago and have not received any response since. Your website is now offering a refund credit option, which can be used within the next 12 months of the issue of the credit, however your full terms and conditions say 18 months. It is unlikely that we will be able to travel within the next 12 months. How do I claim for longer period? Is there going to be an opportunity to further extend the credit in the future should she covid situation does not improve?

1Cover   DM

Hi Leni, can you please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number so that I can pass it on to the team? Regards, Doug.

Anne
Anne · Travel Insurance

I had a cruise booked departing on 21 March 2020 on the Ruby Princess.
The cruise was cancelled for obvious reasons.
Can I get a credit for my Insurance to use on a future holiday?

AlanRB
AlanRB

1 cover offered either refund or credit

1Cover   DM

Hi Anne, please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number and the team will be in touch with some options. Regards, Doug.

BazL
BazL · Travel Insurance

Is there two arms of cover under the travel policy? 1. for cancellation due to Gov't level 4 travel restrictions, or 2 - for actual cost incurred (such as medical expenses) incurred on a trip due to a pandemic.
They appear to be exclusive, and inability to travel is not a reason to deny a claim for reason of a pandemic.
To me, this is a case for a class action!
Barry

Mick
Mick

I have no real idea, as far as i can tell the goverment was the cause of the travel bans, as far as i know 1 cover should pay up. Was not my fault. One thing i have learnt through all this, insurance companies are not your friend! Only want your money!

Marie B. · Travel Insurance

I am also wishing to change my dates booked river cruise and touring for August this year. Qantas has since cancelled out flights and given us a credit which we will use next year. Our river cruise has also given us a credit for next year. I was advised by 1 cover that we cannot get a refund or a credit as we had to do that within 14 days of taking out the cover. I took it out in September, 2019. I always go with 1 cover and have never claimed. All I want is refund or a credit Why won't they discuss it further with me. The girl who took my call wouldn't put me through to anyone else and was very rude

Vic
Vic

Hi Marie B. I am in the same position you are in. I am more frustrated that this company will not acknowledge any correspondence whether via phone, email or their message service. As you can read on this site many other travelers like us in the same position. Maybe time to add to the complaints on the afca website like others have been saying to. https://www.afca.org.au/make-a-complaint/complain.

Mark S
Mark S

Marie, they are now offering vouchers for 18 months credit or a major portion premium refund, or at least that was my experience after complaining to Dept Of fair trading, i did not claim on the policy as i knew i would have no chance of any refund of premium if i did and it was obvious they were not paying anything in relation to corona virus, i would contact ACCC.

Maria K.

I am waiting to hear from 1cover re my cancelled flight to Europe including a European river cruise.. I have not been notified of any offered vouchers or possible refund. This is frustrating. Surely, there has been time for the company to decide and communicate a policy to address the concerns of its clients. John.

Marie B.

Can we fo a joint complaint for our problem

1Cover   DM

Hi Maria, I'm sorry to hear that we provided you with bad service on the phone. If you're unhappy with your outcome, please email (info@1cover.com.au) our team and request a review. They are currently working through a large backlog of enquiries to ensure all customers receive a response as soon as possible. But please be aware that this may take up to 4 weeks to receive a response. Thanks for your feedback and patience. Regards, Doug.

Marie B.

I have sent a email to you twice and have not had an answer. Please look for my emails and contact me direct I have left my email address and my phone number.

Marie B.

My name is Marie by the way as indicated above and on all of my emails.

1Cover   DM

Hi Marie, can you please give me the last 3 digits of your policy number so that I can raise it with the team. Thank you. Doug.

Kathy M.

Hi I have also written in re our policy taken out for July this year and have asked for a credit to use next year when we can safely travel. Emirates gave us 24 months from initial booking which was Nov 2019. Would like a reply or reassurance from 1 Cover. Kathy

Marie B.

Hi kathy died that mean our insurance fir the europe Trip is extended to november 2021. This is acceptable for us we hope to do this trip june july august 2021

Kathy M.

This is all we're asking for to postpone policy to a later date, as with the airlines. We can then choose when best to travel.

Marie B.

Yes postpone the date to
2021 for travel june july or august 2021

1Cover   DM

Hi Marie, have you received a response from the team yet? If not, can you please send me the last 4 digits of your policy number so that I can find and escalate your case. Thank you, Doug.

Wendy · Travel Insurance

1Cover are you still in business?? if so do the decent thing and answer your client emails

Peter
Peter

I’m a customer that left the review

Wendy

Hi Peter did you have any success in contacting 1Cover and if so what assistance did you get?? I have been trying various ways to contact them but to no avail.

1Cover   DM

Hi Wendy, Rest assured, we are still in business. Our team is working through the massive backlog of emails. We're sorry for the delay. If you've sent an email, we will get back to you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Doug.

Ihave l. · Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Why aren't 1cover refunding money for a risk that will never happen? After months no phone contact and useless bulk generated email. Other companies ARE returning the full premium and answering phones. Australian Seniors is one. Never when I read the clause about pandemics did I think that this would include stealing the full premium when I would never get off the ground. Good business model for the future guys. Theft and no service. Vote with your feet and tell all your friends how great this company is. Why cant we ring? Don't give us the rescuing people story any longer!

P Campbell

Asked the same question myself three weeks ago - no risk to the company because we can't even leave the house for a trip to a country whose borders are closed anyway. But have heard nothing other than I'm in a queue and they will contact me in turn. Very poor customer service.

Pauline Keays
Pauline Keays

Hi there. I have travel insurance with Insure and Go. They, too, were initially refusing to refund or offer travel credits. They are now offering credits (based on their shonky calculations), of about 20% of the premium. They too have lost well over 1500 loyal customers. Show me a decent Travel Insurance company. Good luck everyone. My issue is with AFCA. Pauline.

Maria K. · Travel Insurance

I have paid insurance for a river cruise and travel from 20/4/20 unti 20/7 20.What options do I have to recover funds or defer insurance until I can safely travel?

Gerry Cavanagh
Gerry Cavanagh

I’m still awaiting a response from them on this matter. I want to defer the policy but I don’t know if I can also. Still wanting answers. Technically they say 14 days to cancel. But don’t know if that is from payment or advising the,. Sorry unable to give any further information

Maria K.

It is imperative that we find out where we stand. Please continue to pursue this matter.. We had no reason to cancel the policy 14 days after purchase and of course we have no option about travelling now or in the foreseeable future. surely at this time the company has to either refund payment or offer to defer the policy,
I look forward to a response when you have the information.
Thank you.

Maria K.

Please continue to request a reply. We should not have to pay for a service not received even if the pandemic is cited for a reason. We would accept a credit or deferment of insurance cover to a time when it would be safe for us to travel Thank you.

Maria K.

I look forward to hearing from you.

1Cover   DM

Hi Maria, Please email your query to info@1cover.com.au and the team will provide some options for you. You may not get an answer for 2 to 4 weeks as we work through the huge backlog. But we will get to you. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Doug.

Maria K.

Thank you. I will try that

Joy K.
Joy K. · Travel Insurance

Have sent 3 emails, you are not answering ph calls. Want to have credit on Travel Insur which we paid for Oct 24 2019. Will travel hopefully next yr . Phone. 0405660681 . Thank you.

Ihave l.

use the link above to make a formal complaint. Make sure you include your inability to contact them on the phone and your useless computer generated standard emails. They are VERY interested in this case. Please take the time to bring these people to justice.

1Cover   DM

Hi Joy, We're sorry for the delay. If you haven't received a response yet, please be patient as we work through the huge backlog of emails. We're working hard to get there. Thanks, Doug.

Dave Thomson · Travel Insurance

You keep saying email the team for a refund what do we do when the team doesn't answer KEEP emailing ???

Dave Thomson

Yes spot on I did just that and straight away was offered a "credit" why couldn't they have done that weeks ago ?
but long term past customers wont forget this....................

1Cover   DM

Hi Dave, thanks for your patience and we're sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The team have been doing their best under very difficult circumstances. Regards, Doug.

Dave Thomson

Doug first thanks for the reply and know I really feel for you youv/e been tasked with explaining what cant be explained , the appalling way 1 cover has handled this beggars belief, to cut off the phone lines was unforgivable but to then ignore the emails was just plain suicide without doubt the CEO should go he / she sanctioned this debacle and as such should do the right thing and go PLEASE forward this to the boss (bet you dont) to show our disgust at his most stupid decision ever made , I really do have concern for the recovery of 1 cover after this monumental stuff up and as such II would rather have had a full refund instead of a credit but was talked out of applying for it so where do I stand now do I get a refund or not ?
regards,
Dave

1Cover   DM

Hi Dave, thanks for your feedback. I've passed it on to management. If you’re unhappy with your outcome, you can choose to have the decision reviewed by emailing your policy details to info@1cover.com.au. Thanks, Doug.

Mark
Mark · Travel Insurance

Have you looked at Australian consumer law regarding taking money when believing you can not really provide a service ?

Ihave l.

Yes I think that's could be against the law

Ihave l.

Just made my complaint with AFCA Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Join those seeking redress. https://www.afca.org.au/make-a-complaint/complain.

1Cover   DM

Hi Mark, Please email your policy details to info@1cover.com.au and the team will assess your options. But please be patient as we are trying hard to work through a massive backlog of enquiries. So you may not get an answer for 2 to 4 weeks. Regards, Doug.

Nel v.
Nel v. · Travel Insurance

We have taken out a travel insurance to The Netherlands in June this year, as we have cancelled this trip because of the corona virus, do you pay back the amount of money we have paid

P Campbell

Suggest you look at 1Cover feed on Facebook. Lots of consumer posts on this topic - some satisfied, more unhappy at slow response from the company.

1Cover   DM

Hi Nel, Sorry for the delay in responding to your message. We've been doing our best to get through a huge backlog of customer enquiries. Please email your query to info@1cover.com.au and the team will provide some options for you. But please be patient as you may not get an answer for 2 to 4 weeks. Regards, Doug.

Dave Thomson · Travel Insurance

Can some one please clarify exactly where you stand with regards to a full refund on a policy thats been paid for and is now no good ? if you buy a TV and they say its out of stock would they then keep the money ? I dont think so so how can an insurer NOT refund whats not been used ?

P Campbell

My issue, exactly. On the 1Cover site, they say you can cancel and get a full refund of your premium if you contact them before the start of your trip. Tried this but no answer.

1Cover   DM

Hi Dave, We've been doing our best to get through a huge backlog of customer enquiries. You can email your refund request to info@1cover.com.au and this will be assessed for you. But please be patient as you may not get an answer for 2 to 4 weeks. Regards, Doug.

Julie B. · Travel Insurance

Why aren’t you answering emails about our insurance & now you are not taking phone calls I need to speak with you about my policy, please help. Policy No: 1C-AU-CPN2468393.

P Campbell

Lots of us trying to get them to respond but they’re staying silent. ACCC needs to take action!

Carmen
Carmen

Yes I need to speak to someone about my policy and no one is answering me but phone or messages

Ihave l.

I don't get it. The time is up for telling us you are still rescuing travellers. If they are going to have any future business they need to reach out to all of us. I personally know of other insurers giving full refunds. I helped my father in law with his. I will be going with them next time.

1Cover   DM

Hi Julie, We apologise that we have not responded to your email sooner. There are delays however consultants are currently working through all requests. Please note that a response to your email has now been actioned. Regards, Sophie

Thank you for your reply 1Cover we await your reply. Regards Julie

Ireeni C.
Ireeni C. · Travel Insurance

I bought 2 travel insurance for Thailand n Indonesia in January but cant use it becos of the Corvid19 and the travel ban to these countries, am i allowed a refund for it?

1Cover   DM

Hello Ireeni, Suggest that you email your query to info@1cover.com.au and the team will provide some options for you. Regards, Sophie.

Donna · Travel Insurance

We purchased our insurance 1/11/19 for travel to Bali in May.Just wondering if I will be catered for cancelling our holiday.

Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed

No they won't cover either the trip cancellation or health costs for Covid19. We bought ours in Oct 19 and are not covered. We have however found we are covered with the insurance with ANZ Platinum and Black credit cards - if you paid with that you should give them a call.

1Cover   DM

Hello Donna, If you are cancelling your journey due to Covid-19, then this is an exclusion on your policy. However, I suggest that you contact the Support Centre via email for further assistance with your policy, info@1cover.com.au Regards, Sophie

Donna

Do we get a refund on our policy that we couldn’t use

swissie74
swissie74

^* crickets *^ ........

1Cover   DM

Hi Donna, Please email your refund request to info@1cover.com.au and this will be assessed for you. Regards, Sophie

Get an answer from our members and 1Cover representatives

Select a listing for your question
1Cover Travel Insurance