4.3

4,517 reviews

Not worth the paper its writing on (rubbish)

This useless insurance cover will pull out all excuses not to pay out a claim
In my.case using a pandemic clause
But my trip was 3 week before the W.H.O
Declared it so. March 11th
So don't use this company they are no good. Happy to take your money

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

DacsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unacceptable of 1Cover to only offer shifting travel start date within 12 months from date of issue due to COVID-19

I took out comprehensive travel insurance in mid February costing nearly $1000. It soon became clear we would have to cancel the trip due to COVID-19, so just 28 days after purchase I asked to cancel the insurance considering the circumstances. 1-Cover said no because it was past the 14-day cooling off period. All they offered was to move the start date to within 12 months from purchase date and I had to advise them of the new dates by 14 May 2020. It was completely impractical to do that since we don't have any idea when borders will reopen and we will be able to travel again, so I am now unable to use the policy.

1Cover please reconsider and provide credit valid for 18 months as you have for others. Last six digits of policy is 2582037.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Dacs, sorry to hear this. I've raised your case with the team and someone will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Thanks Doug.
As a result of this review, 1Cover has offered a credit note instead which is a much fairer solution than the unreasonable option to change the start date as was offered initially. I am happy with the outcome.

Marilyn M.

Marilyn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Feeling safe and well covered

Excellent Value. Perfect for my needs. Covered my partner and my self adequately and economically. I have used 1Cover several times, excellent service. I refer friends who now use it.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Marilyn, glad to hear you were happy with everything. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

Review collected in partnership with 1Cover

Lyn M.South East Queensland, QLD

I am adding the annual ICover policy fee to my losses for 2020. Shame on you.

Company does not care or respond to emails. Why bother? They already have my money. Sent me a renewal offer for my annual policy which went nowhere. Fortunately a taste of theIr customer service has made me wonder - why bother with travel insurance at all? Left in the lurch wondering about existing travel bookings for 2020. I have never claimed in all the years I have insured with you and this is how I get treated when I do reach out.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Lyn, sorry for the delay. We've been doing our best to work through the backlog of emails. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll escalate it with the team. Regards, Doug.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Lyn, can you please check that policy number for me? I can't find it in the system. Regards, Doug.

SCAPerth, WA

Comprehensive waste of money and time!

Chose to take out a comprehensive policy with 1 Cover. This was in 2019 before any news of covid 19 appeared. Unfortunately it was a waste of money as it seems they are quite happy to forfeit their obligations to the customer even though it's a cancel for any reason policy. We travel multiple times a year and would continue to use this company had they looked after us. Now I will not be using them again nor will we recommend them to family, friends or colleagues. Sad thing is our friends took out a policy with a different insurer at the same time for the same holiday (as we were going together) and that company honoured their claim and paid out. Clearly that company puts customers first rather than hiding behind policy and loopholes!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2020

Credit voucher sent in less than 2 minutes

Due to COVID-19 was unable to travel overseas. Logged on to my account this morning, answered a few questions and received a credit voucher valid for next 18 months. Voucher arrived in my inbox immediately. Good service, thank you.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Happy traveller, we're happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. We appreciate it. Regards, Doug.

Barbara ElliottHunter Region, NSW

No stars

78yrs old and could not even return a phone call just kept payment for trip that was cancelled due to corona virus would never take another policy with them and that includes my sister too and I hope everyone I tell all about you.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Customer Service R.1Cover

HI Barbara, apologies for the delay. We are committed to getting back to all customers. Can you please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number so that I can escalate your case with the team? Regards, Doug.

JoeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Do not use this company

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Joe, sorry to hear about your situation and that you are unhappy with a travel credit. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number so that I can pass it on to the team for review. Regards, Doug.

Hi Doug,
The last six digits on our policy is 415707,

Good company

They paid out for my husband on a cruise ship around the pacific islands. Husband got very sick and required ICU on ship. They did come to the party and pay out to cover costs. Thank you. Auckland to Auckland Tonga pacific islands 2 years ago now.

DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Annemarie, we're glad to have helped and hope your husband is doing well. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

Ian G.Far North Queensland, QLD

Total lack of support

Requested a date change,told I couldn't do due to being too far ahead,bought policies months ahead before. Was offered a credit,and have heard nothing since,sent 20 + emails just auto reply.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ian, apologies for the delay. Can you please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I'll raise it with the team. Regards, Doug.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Ian, the team has advised that a credit was emailed on April 10. We're sorry it didn't arrive. It has been re-sent. Please check your email again, including your spam/junk folder and let me know if it doesn't arrive. Regards, Doug.

AlanRBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wheres 1 Cover ....Extremely poor customer service

I have used 1 Cover on numerous occasions and only claimed once and on that occasion they were prompt with reimbursement.

On this occasion I took out a comprehensive policy a year ago for a holiday this month....covid19....no holiday... called and called to request a refund and also emailed and emailed.

I called and emailed on 7th then 14th then 20th Apr.

to date 19/05/2020 I have had no response (except automated) from 1 cover,,,,, are they still in business?

This is extremely poor service I mean not even a call in over 2 months, how do you justify that?

if you are still operating here is my policy number 1C-AU-CPU2359309....just want a refund

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Alan, I raised your case with the team. They advised that an email was sent to your optusnet address on 21 April, which offered you a credit on your policy. Can you please check your spam/junk folder and let me know if it's there? Regards, Doug.

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No customer service.

I have been trying to contact 1 Cover regarding the cancellation of our tour. Phone calls go unanswered and you get the same automated response to e-mails. If this what they call customer service then all I can say is DO NOT use 1 Cover.
(Last 6 digits of policy No 402262)

Terrible customer service

No recommended in any way, easy to buy from but to much small print outs. The weasels didn’t pay for cancellation of flights because it was related to ccovid19 but not the main reason of the tour company cancelled. Wouldn’t even refund the premium.
I suspect they are broke as sending emails now bounces back error

DestinationNew Zealand
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Chris A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhappy with the service.

My travel dates have changed from 20/05/20 - 25/05/20 due to Coronavirus and I have tried to amend the dates on the website, but it will not let me. I rang, but there is no way to communicate with anyone unless it is an emergency. I sent an email via their website on 07/05/20 and the automated reply is they will get back soon. Nil reply. I sent another one and no reply as of 16/05/20.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay. Please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number and I will escalate with the team. Regards, Doug.

Chris A.

Hi Doug, Last 6 digits 597960, however I went into Policy Manager and saw a new option of obtaining a credit so I chose the credit as I still couldn't amend my travel dates. Thanks for responding. Regards Chris

unhappy customer

I purchased 1 Cover for a trip to Japan,
I became unwell and was not able to travel ,This was before the Covid Virus and I still have not heard from anyone about my claim
Very unhappy customer

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi meegan, sorry to hear about this. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number along with your postcode and I will raise it with the team. Regards, Doug.

meegan
meegan

MickDarwin, NT

WARNING NEVER USE

Never use this insurance or should i say none insurance ,quick to take money ,will not answer phone calls ,cannot get in contact via email . they just hope people will eventually give up

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateApril 2020
Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Mick, we're very sorry for the delay and doing our best to follow up with every single customer. Please give me the last 6 digits of your policy number, along with your postcode, and I'll follow it up with the team. Regards, Doug.

Mick

As i said Do NOT USE THIS RIP OFF NO INSURANCE COMPANY. Karma will bite them on the arse. They use any excuse not to pay. Will never use ever and nobody should. VERY UNAUSTRALIAN SO CALLED VOMIT COMPANY.

Travel insurance premium rip off

Unlike nearly all other insurances (Car, Home etc), and unlike many other providers of travel insurance, 1 Cover is refusing to refund the unused portion of the policy premium due to cancellation. The virus impacted our travel plans forcing us to return home 6 months early (a great cost which is also not covered), on requesting a refund of the unused portion of the premium I am informed they do not refund after the "cooling off" period. This to me is theft, as 1Cover are retaining the premium with no actual risk.

DestinationSouth America

Lodged a query 12/3, response 4/5

The fact you cannot respond in a timely matter and are uncontactable is ridiculous.

Estimates on here of 4 weeks for contact are inaccurate.

Policy purchased September 2019 for travel June 2020.

Why would you not have a portal log in allowing people to request a travel credit with associated terms to be accepted rather than wade through and respond to what’s obviously thousands of emails one by one. Those that wanted a refund or had other queries would be able to get through rather than waste time waiting for your contact which seems to have a standard solution. I’ve used you before but never claimed. After you being quick to tell us no cover but being uncontactable for a solution - won’t be using you again.

Anti-Kogan

I’m updating this to advise 1cover resolved the issue (eventually) to my satisfaction.

Would not recommend

We bought a travel insurance in September 2019 to travel early March 2020 1 week before we were to leave i received a email telling me that i was not covered for covid 19 i cancelled my trip deciding it was not safe to travel i could not get a refund on my policy as they said only had a 20 day cooling off period i bought the policy on the same day i booked the flights I would not recommend this company and would not use them again.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Peter  Burns

Peter Burnsbridgewater on loddon

very happy, again

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Peter, apologies for the delay and I'm glad to hear you are happy with the outcome. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Regards, Doug.

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance reviews