1st Energy (page 3 of 6)

Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

David Baird
David BairdCentral West, NSW

Con artists, deceitful and liars.

Toby M.
Toby M.Launceston, TAS

Pushy sales and didn't even know the product

Leah
LeahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Service Not Great

There was a whole big situation I won't go into but it involved a lot of misleading and perhaps not factual information and as a result, we wanted to cancel the account we set up but were told they couldn't do it straight away and it might take days to investigate. Thankfully it has been resolved but not before Ombudsman complaint raised. There is a lot the public apparently doesn't understand about power suppliers and who holds the rights to your property for power supply. In this instance, First Energy were technically 'in the right' but a lot of unnecessary angst was caused by not checking databases etc. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Rozzie T.
Rozzie T.South East Queensland, QLD

Do not go with this rip off company...Gov should close them down

I went with this company my bills are over 50 percent higher..Over 800 for two adults not using heaters..compared with 300 Alinta ...This was for Electricy only Absolutely disgusted in this company's charges.Time to contact the obusman

Gina
GinaHunter Region, NSW

1st Energy rip off

I transfeered to 1st Energy with the belief if would save me money. I was charged double what I was with AGL. When contacted I was told to have an electrician check my house. Then told to to have my solar checked. Then I was told my usage for this period was unusually high that I must have had more people in my home at this time.
My usage according to 1st energy was what a 5 person house hold would normally use.
I transferred back to AGLmy bill had my usage at between 1 and 2 people.
We actually have 3 adults living at home.
Solar electricity and gas hot water and cooking.
If this is what an Australian based Company does to its customers.
It's not a good advertisement.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Brenda
BrendaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this company and for heaven's sake do NOT engage in a conversation with anyone from 1st Energy.

This company switched my energy without my permission. The customer service reps became abusive with me when I attempted to switch back. I was called a liar when I explained that I'd not agreed to switch and called an idiot for wanted to switch back to my original provider. It was the worst experience I've ever had with any service provider.

Lauren S.
Lauren S.South East Queensland, QLD

First Energy Acts Illegally

First energy acts illegally. They changed over our energy bill without our permission then wouldn’t let us change back to origin. After all our dealings with them were finally over my boyfriend said he got a call from MY Facebook messanger and it was First Energy on the line. I had to go and change my passwords.

Scammers!!! Watch out!!!

Watch out!!! Scammers!!! I applied for an account and was rejected but still got billed for the connection! Asked them to drop the bill but they LIED ([name removed] in support) and told me that they couldn't do anything about it and to take it up with TasNetworks. Called TasNetworks only to be told that it's 1stEnergys jurisdiction as to what they want to do with the invoice. Have reported them to Department of Fair Trading and would encourage everyone that has problems with them to do the same. https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

Home Owner
Home OwnerNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Excellent service with a complicated transfer

Dealing with 1St Energy to move two sites to their supply has been patiently and methodically achieved.
Several phone calls were required but polite staff with good skills guided the process.

Andrew B.
Andrew B.Sydney, NSW

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

We tried this company for cheaper electricity however when we revamped our solar power we changed to a company that have better buy back rates. They were extremely awkward to deal with to get connected in the first place but when we changed provider they began to ring my wife 10-15 times a day. I answered the phone one time and was told that we hadn’t changed provider and it wasn’t as simple as that. He then told
Me it was none of my business and didn’t care if I was her husband before demanding to know when my wife would be available to talk. They do nothing but harass and abuse once you opt to go with someone else. Keep clear of them.

bad rude

bad rude worst worst worst wost wost worst worst staff
worst sales

SarahHunter Region, NSW

OMG Cant Believe we have such deceptive people in Business

PlasticDruid
PlasticDruidSydney, NSW

Very slick sales pitch, but when you ask for names and want to check facts they won't answer the questions.

AVOID FIRST ENERGY

TraceP
TracePSydney, NSW

Liars

Got call from Woman who I was told was government offering information on electricity rates I listened agreed to receiving Information. Next thing I get text message with link to my Welcome Pack Rang straight away from public place on loud speaker to get independent witnesses. Strongly advise I had not requested switch that their methods were underhanded demanded immediate cancellation. Once off the phone contacted EWON who rang today said I had done everything correctly and that they would be investigating and reporting 1st Energy. Please stay away they are devious.

Exploited
ExploitedSydney, NSW

You have to wonder about these companies...

Get calls alot offering discounts on my electricity. Sounds like scam artists the way they operate. Honestly after reading other reviews, wouldn't touch em with a ten foot barge pole.

Happy Customer and Australian owned

Been a customer for over 12 months. Very happy with service, pricing and customer service when needed. Glad to be with an Australian owned and based business. No issues with company.

I recommend AVOIDING 1st energy

Twice I was spoken to by someone from 1st energy in a very pushy way - and it was a painful experience, when leaving for another energy provider. I somehow went back to it without meaning to (not recalling my past experience) because of the "large discount". However, I will have to remember this time NEVER to switch to 1st energy again. Their large discount is really NO DISCOUNT AT ALL considering their rates.

Srijana
SrijanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fake bill

I have never used this electricity. They just sign up my account in this company without asking me. They send me electricity bill on my name of different address where I don’t live.I told them so many times that I don’t live there.. still they keep sending me the bill.. I don’t know where to complain about this. Please somebody help me with this.

Not human at all. Just dont do it...

rating zero. This company just came to Tasmania. We have had one energy provider only forever. 1st Energy were the second... we signed up and were happy. Then received a bill from our old provider. We asked why. We haven't heard from 1st energy since they confirmed our change over. A credit check stopped our connection. Jesus. We likely have more money than the owner of this pathetic company. Never advised a credit check was required and no appeal process. This company isn't human at all

Terrible the worst 2 accounts created and only one cancelled

Switched when given quotes over the phone didn’t realise excluded gst so no chooser in fact more than provider so tried to cancel but created 2 accounts and only one cancelled then called again cause denied retro activation of account with different provider

Kirstie
KirstieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam Company

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives