Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Craig M.
Craig M.Hobart, TAS

Not a good start

Signed up online for Tariff 93. Was put on two different tariffs and told they would fix it and change it once connected. Have had solar installed and was told the metre was scheduled to be re-configured on 27/5. Now 31/5 and still not done. $11K worth of solar doing nothing. Have had numerous phone calls with them since and every time I get a different story. Latest one today was it can take up to 15 working days from the scheduled date. Then they say it is Tas Networks, ring TasNetworks, they say no it’s TAS Metering, ring TasMetering they say no, it Yurika Metering, ring Yurika Metering, they say ring your retailer 1st Energy. Ring 1st Energy back and they say we will have to get a Team Leader ring back. Heard nothing since.

Issue with the bill

I have join 1st energy on 14/02/2022 but they are sending me bill from 10/12/2021 and now they are saying they gonna disconnect my service if I don’t pay bill my next week. I have contacted to customer service several times try to fix my bill but nobody is helping me with the updated bill now I don’t know how much to pay cz I don’t want to pay them extra money. The customer service is crap nobody try to help you they just said they gonna fix and hang the phone it’s been too much. I am very frustrated now today I talk with their help centre and she just hang my phone. It’s been more than a month I am continuously calling them to fix my bill but nothing done.

• +1Thumbnail
Binod
BinodSydney, NSW

Dodgy Marketing

Marketing person coming door to door to brainwash..
They mentioned a low rate while explaining (both general usage and supply charge) and asked to create an account with 1st Energy (meaning that I confirm to switch from my current provider to them). While I read the plan document, the rate is very high compared to my current provider. He was telling me there is no need to view the document as he explained everything...

Dodgy marketing,

Not Recommended.

Nessie
NessieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer/technical service

I cannot login to their website. I have contacted them via email, & phone, They said it was updated but it is
still not working. Then I get a txt message to say my bill payment is overdue.
This has been ongoing for 2 months!

I DONT RECOMMEND

Customer service is not that great, although we were promised to have discounts, there are conditions, i have contacted them 4 times to resolve my issue, they made me turn from RED energy and saying they are going to be cheaper but they are not. We set up over the phone and a couple of calls actually until we thought lets give it try. I DO NOT recommend it.

Frustrating

First bill has been overestimated to the point of ridiculous. So I have called to provide an actual read and they tell me that the system is currently down. So now I'm stuck waiting for a call with a bill equivalent to three months worth when we were with AGL!!!! We moved hoping this smaller Australian company would provide better service bit so far that is not the case.

Clare M.

Fyi I called back the next day - system was still down and they would call me when it was back up. Wait three more days. I rang them, the system was indeed back up they just hadn't returned my call?

Clare M.

Multiple phone calls and promises and I've given up on this sham of a company and taking our business to somewhere else who can hopefully bill correctly

Clare M.

You know what got customer service to finally call me back? Moving to another energy company. Not my emails, my requests for support, my complaints. Just moving away. Which cannot happen fast enough in my opinion

Baldrick
BaldrickTasmania

Absolutely hopeless company to deal with -zero customer service.

Kept sending me wildly overestimated bills with a huge price tag.
Kept emailing them photographs of the actual meter reading which they ignored then later said were never received, and they keep telling me I owe them for the huge estimated bills.
Customer service staff are unhelpful and disinterested in solving their problem, which has now become mine.
Never return calls and will tell you anything to get you off the phone.
Be warned. Stay away from this company. They are only interested in price gouging customers.

Solar panel maintenance: why it's important and what you need to do

Properly maintaining your solar panel system will help ensure it works correctly, safely, and efficiently. We go through what needs to be done so that your system can lower your power bill and let you pocket more savings.

solar-panel-maintenance-why-its-important-and-what-you-need-to-do
How to reduce your heating costs this winter

Winter is here, and with it, higher power bills. Stay warm during the colder months without breaking the bank by following our practical tips on how to reduce your heating costs.

how-to-reduce-your-heating-costs-this-winter
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Been waiting 5 days for a return call back, bill is high for 1 person and no concession connected to my bill

Rang up 5 days ago and still no call back, my very first bill was high and my concession card not connected to my bill and was told my bill will be low but it's high compared to the last company for a month. Funny thing though I don't use are conditioning or heating when it's cold. Not happy

DO NOT RECOMMEND - LAZY UNORGANISED

DO NOT RECOMMEND - LAZY AND UNORGANISED Recently installed my solar system, took this company forever to send a service order. I have spent hours not minutes talking with their customer service people who have no idea what they are doing, unprofessional to say the least. The Team Leader finally confirmed that the service order has been completed, I received my bill today and does not show anything regards to the grid or my solar system. So I called them back today itself, to find out that it's been confirmed but not updated and that's what the service team do?! It's been over a month that solar was installed. As soon as this gets completed I'm gone.

• ServicesElectricity and Gas

Paul
PaulAdelaide

Onboarding Issues - Dismal customer support

Sara
SaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Marketing letters threatening to disconnect electricity

We have been receiving multiple letters from 1st Energy, providing an unexisting account number and stating they are going to disconnect our power. They claim they have billed us already and we are overdue with payment. I find this way of dealing with possible new clients misleading and dishonest.

Luka
Luka

This company removes poor reviews from customers who wish to remain anonymous

Really terrible staff

Staff no manners and my bills still high they said cheaper rate but is not so i switch to another's retailer. And my power is interrupting sometime.it's worse retailer ever!

Worse than Telstra...

Have been trying to sort out a billing issue for two and a half months. Every time you call there is a different version of what the issue is, a different story about what the resolution will be, another reassurance that everything will work out at the next bill, another promise of a call back or email verifying the conversation.
These guys are seriously hopeless. I thought Telstra managed to provide the worst possible customer service until I was unfortunate enough to have to try and resolve an issue with First Energy.
Engage them at your peril.

Grant J.
Grant J.Launceston, TAS

So called customer service is non existent

Have sent numerous emails, called several times and left my number for a callback. No response at all regardless of how many times I call, leave my number or email. Absolute pathetic company who could not care less about the customer or their concerns.