Listing monitored by 1st Energy

• Rates and Fees

Not happy
Not happyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never again

OMG I just received a call from 1stenergy regarding my transfer to another provider after 2 months.The person was a bully and I would not deal with 1stenergy again. He wouldn't let me speak to say that my bill had gone up at least half my previous provider again and the rates for my electricity were higher than what I agreed too when signing up. Apparently there are different rates for"time of use" that I was not aware of and never told about which put the rates up by nearly 10 cents kw.i never got a chance to tell him that I had already rang their customer service before regarding the difference in rates leaving the company and their answer was "that's what it is" without even trying to investigate.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Can you send me a bill please

I have asked for a bill so I can pay it I want to pay a bit every week not one big bill every month can you sort this out please my number is 0488070611 call me please

Kim D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst company I have ever dealt with.... EVER !

If I could Zero stars I would. Sales call turned out to be a lie. Solar rebate rates quoted were not applied. Bills 4 times higher than previous supplier. Not happy. Still trying to get an answer.

Kim D.

Do you realise that your response did not address the problem ??

Sarah L.1st Energy

So sorry Kim. I will gladly look into this for you. Please provide me with your account number or full name. Please send your details to customer.services@1stenergy.com.au Many thanks Sarah

Kim D.

customer number is 264183. Also customer assistance reference number 447892 should you wish to review. Ombudsman complaint reference number can be provided.

Do NOT join 1st energy! extremely disappointed

Receiving a $57 fee when disconnecting with them. Never had this with other providers. Each quarter bill is more expensive than the bill before joining them. I don't think I'm using more electricity, they usually have estimate reading and same to my parent's place and my rental place, all electricity bills are higher. (even though they advertise their rate is cheaper). I feel something's not right. Will change provider for all the property and see if bills are cheaper.

cheryl
cheryl

Rude, manipulative phone consultants

Cold call to my partner who was too polite to hang up on pushy, rude salespeople. He repeatedly told staff he didn’t need their service and that he had trouble hearing them. Ended up they connected us to a service that was not needed or requested and then charged $95 for ending the contract. I would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy. Incredibly poor experience and staff must be bonus driven.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Cheryl, we are very concerned to hear this review and would like to investigate this further. Please contact me on sarah@1stenergy.com.au with further information so I can locate your account on our system. Many thanks Sarah

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gas & electricity abolishment

I’m the landlord of the two properties in Noblepark. What I want was abolishment of gas & electricity.but their untrained staff had no clue.thanks to Multinet interfered and sort it out.

Fraudulent Thieves

Ragavi k.
Ragavi k.Sydney, NSW

Worst Service Ever

They changed to first energy without my consent itself first of all. So I switched to my previous energy provider again. They called from customer care and were so rude about my transfer which is absolutely ridiculous. First try to provide some genuine service more than your stupid offers

Kurt M.
Kurt M.South East Queensland, QLD

Moved me over with no consent

This company has changed my power service to them with out consent. Now I have to stop the transfer before I end up somewhere I do not want to be. This seems like a dodgy thing to have done.

ServicesElectricity

Sandy
SandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam. Scam. Scam

Everyone, never use 1st energy. They are going to scam you out. My monthly payment was around 100-150 and suddenly they sent me an invoice of over 1000$. I called to asked and they just said that it may probably be due to faulty appliances. Ridiculous!!!

If only there was a -10 rating!

I received an email from the company thanking for switching to 1st Energy when I didn't have any utilities under my name. The customer service centre was unable to provide how it happened wanted to confirm my date of birth in order to cancel the account I hadn't open myself in the first place!

What a terrible scammer!

Sent an email to 'support@1stenergy.com.au' asking for an email and haven't even received an acknowledgment of the receipt of my email.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Kettle
KettleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Something not right here!

ServicesElectricity and Gas

FRAUDSTERS

We've been using their services from past 2 years and there was no change in the amount of bill we pay as it was around $150 always. All of a sudden we received a bill of $470 which left me shell shocked. After talking to them on phone and asking why we received such an outrageous amount as bill they informed us that it's the result of EXTRA usage. we didn't even stay at home whole day during the month. This is completely unacceptable.

David Baird
David BairdCentral West, NSW

Con artists, deceitful and liars.

Toby M.
Toby M.Launceston, TAS

Pushy sales and didn't even know the product

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives